PU Teambuilding Shop - Request teams here!

Disclaimer: I am really unfamiliar with what the meta is, as I only play sporadically and in spurts. Should I be helped with a working team, though, I'll probably be around for a while :)

With that said, my concept is a Bulky Offense / Balance team centered around a (perhaps somewhat weird) core of Avalugg and Regice.

Avalugg @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Avalanche
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Recover

Regice @ Leftovers/Chesto Berry
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Sleep Talk/Focus Blast/Rock Polish
- Rest

The general idea being that they both have such ridiculous natural bulk that they should be able to come in and tank most any neutral hit, and hit back hard. I am aware that Ice is a terrible defensive typing, but the natural bulk should make up for some of it. (I used a similar core of Regirock + Regice in BW NU to good effect) Sharing a typing also means that they could work well together with a pivot of sorts with decent natural bulk and a typing that resists most of their weaknesses (Poliwrath comes to mind, but I heard that might be leaving the tier)

Other things:
Yes, they're not bog standard sets, but I feel like if Avalugg takes a special hit I've either mispredicted and deserve it, or already lost becuase I have nothing else to take that hit, so I'd rather he be able to hit back hard. I also think more coverage would be more useful for me than Rapid Spin. Rocky Helmet over lefties as it has reliable recovery, and would probably switch into a lot of Knock Offs. (I hope the Rocky Helmet will at least trigger before being removed by Knock Off)
As for Regice, I'd rather have it be the bulky set than have it be my setup sweeper, but I recognize the potential and therefore slashed Rock Polish. (though that would take different EVs)

Potential roles for the rest of the team:
A pivot with mixed bulk to switch in on obvious hits that would be SE against the core's weaker defense
An anti-lead of sorts (probably something with a Taunt + 3 attacks set)
A revenge killer (priority user or scarfer - preferably one that can speed creep OTHER priority users or scarfers (or speed boosters) while having coverage against common threats)
Something with rocks (probably the pivot, unless there's something with SR + strong priority)
And of course a win condition. Whether a setup sweeper or a choice user that's able to sweep once its checks are handled by the rest of the team.

Something tells me I'm either asking a bit much of the kind people who'll read this and hopefully help me, or of each member of the team...

Thank you for paying attention to me,
/Xei.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ExplosiveChaos you just want an arbok team? I can do that ez, I already have lots

024.png
611.png
062.png
189.png
476.png
523.png

Arbok @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- Sucker Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Aqua Tail

Fraxure @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Low Kick
- Iron Tail

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 152 HP / 252 SpA / 104 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Focus Blast
- Vacuum Wave
- Ice Beam

Probopass @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Flash Cannon

Jumpluff
Ability: Chlorophyll
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Sleep Powder
- Seed Bomb
- Acrobatics

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Please note this is very offensive and won't switch into everything, although poli and probo give some extra bulk. You'll also want to keep up a lot of offensive pressure and momentum for the team to actually work. Anyway it started with Shuca Arbok+Fraxure to handle Clefairy and Piloswine, as well as weakening Gourgeist and generally being a strong offensive core. I immediately threw on a Poliwrath to check waters and give me something else for piloswine, as well as something else to appreciate two clef lures (extra speed creep just for you :^). Probopass got tossed on for rocks+bird check (swanna is annoying to the team though, although definitely manageable), and then I put on Jumpluff because the team already beats Piloswine and Tangela so well. Zebra is a Zebra, it gives me more speed control, more stuff for floatzel, sleep immunity, blah blah blah. Overall it's got a cool wallbreaker+sweeper core, 2 fast 1 slow VoltTurn core, and a Poliwrath. Team has worked well for me for a while, should do just fine. If you want an original Arbok team, just VM me and I'll do something new.

Disclaimer: I am really unfamiliar with what the meta is, as I only play sporadically and in spurts. Should I be helped with a working team, though, I'll probably be around for a while :)

With that said, my concept is a Bulky Offense / Balance team centered around a (perhaps somewhat weird) core of Avalugg and Regice.

Avalugg @ Rocky Helmet
Adamant Nature
- Avalanche
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Recover

Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rest

The general idea being that they both have such ridiculous natural bulk that they should be able to come in and tank most any neutral hit, and hit back hard. I am aware that Ice is a terrible defensive typing, but the natural bulk should make up for some of it. (I used a similar core of Regirock + Regice in BW NU to good effect) Sharing a typing also means that they could work well together with a pivot of sorts with decent natural bulk and a typing that resists most of their weaknesses (Poliwrath comes to mind, but I heard that might be leaving the tier)

Other things:
Yes, they're not bog standard sets, but I feel like if Avalugg takes a special hit I've either mispredicted and deserve it, or already lost becuase I have nothing else to take that hit, so I'd rather he be able to hit back hard. I also think more coverage would be more useful for me than Rapid Spin. Rocky Helmet over lefties as it has reliable recovery, and would probably switch into a lot of Knock Offs. (I hope the Rocky Helmet will at least trigger before being removed by Knock Off)
As for Regice, I'd rather have it be the bulky set than have it be my setup sweeper, but I recognize the potential and therefore slashed Rock Polish. (though that would take different EVs)

A pivot with mixed bulk to switch in on obvious hits that would be SE against the core's weaker defense
A revenge killer (priority user or scarfer - preferably one that can speed creep OTHER priority users or scarfers (or speed boosters) while having coverage against common threats)
Something with rocks (probably the pivot, unless there's something with SR + strong priority)
And of course a win condition. Whether a setup sweeper or a choice user that's able to sweep once its checks are handled by the rest of the team.

Something tells me I'm either asking a bit much of the kind people who'll read this and hopefully help me, or of each member of the team...

/Xei.
Sorry man this core isn't really a core nor viable in any way. Especially with thee sets you posted. Next time try to post a viable core and we will be very happy to help you

Avalugg @ Rocky Helmet
Adamant Nature
- Avalanche
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Recover

Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rest

Other things:

/Xei.
hey man, in addition to what galbia said, running a team with two ice-types is a poor idea on a defensive team (which the avalugg implies, even though it is offensive, as offensive avalugg isn't very useful on a team). you are free to use this core if you wish, but if you want to go with the double ice-type idea, I would recommend the offensive core of rock polish regice + autotomize vanilluxe. rock polish regice is a fearsome lategame sweeper with coverage of ice beam/thunderbolt/focus blast, but it struggles with the common grumpig due to thick fat. this is where vanilluxe comes in, it lures in grumpig as it uses autotomize, and rhen it uses explosion to heavily dent grumpig, paving the way for a clean regice sweep. obviously this core needs a form of hazard removal and some specific resists (grumpig and vibrava are very good partners), but if you are interested in this core I am sure one of the builders here would be happy to help you out and build a team :)

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Soundproof
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Could I have a team around Mr.Mime. Preferably a balance team but whatever you think is the best :]

Ahh sorry about that hahaha. How about a team around:

Jumpluff
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Seed Bomb
- Acrobatics

Vigoroth @ Eviolite
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SpD / 12 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Taunt
- Slack Off
- Return

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Ahh sorry about that hahaha. How about a team around:

Jumpluff
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Seed Bomb
- Acrobatics

Vigoroth @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Taunt
- Slack Off
- Return
Hi, BurmaAlex - I've got a team for you with Jumpluff and Vigoroth. But, like I said earlier, I'm not a member of the team building shop and maybe someone else could do it for you.

This team was built with the knowledge that Vigoroth is weak to Ghosts, Toxic Spikes (and status in general), and strong Fighting attacks; so, I wanted a grounded Poison type who would be able to absorb Toxic Spikes, take Focus Blasts, and deal with status easily, which is why I'm using a double offensive Grass core based around Roselia and Jumpluff, with Vigoroth at its center. Shadow Ball Roselia is some cool innovation from WakafLUKEaflame a while back that lets the team handle predicted Dusknoir / Grumpig switchins more easily (and Ghosts in general, really), and even lets it 2HKO Max HP Misdreavus after SR so that Vigoroth can do its thing. Similarly, Roselia's offensive set with 252+ Leaf Storm lets it OHKO Piloswine, thus removing one of Jumpluff's checks / Raichu's checks if it's not at +2 already.

From here, I was pretty weak to Flying / Fire / Ice / Psychic, so I decided to go with Solrock as my SR user for how well it protects Roselia from physically based threats. It easily beats Stoutland, Arbok, Rapidash/Flareon (Flareon isn't really relevant, but w/e), Dodrio, variants of Machoke, and many others. You could argue here that Carracosta would be an equally advantageous choice on this team, but with my only Ground immunity being Jumpluff, I didn't want to be Piloswine weak, so Solrock completed this hazard laying core with Roselia. With Floatzel Dry Passing over both Spikes and SR and forming a momentum core with Jumpluff's U-Turn, it becomes very easy to punish your opponent for making poorly thought out switches.

The team needed to pressure defoggers/spinners and outspeed setup sweepers like Barbaracle, while simultaneously resisting Ice for the team, so Floatzel became an easy choice. Its set with Choice Scarf is very unpredictable, and can easily lead opposing Zebstrika to mistakenly stay in on Floatzel, thinking they'll be able to Thunderbolt and score an easy KO. Removing Zebstrika using this tactic, along with Vigoroth being an easy switch-in to Zebstrika if you don't want to reveal your Choice Scarf just yet, makes it so Jumpluff is safe to use Sleep Powder whenever it needs to, giving you extra opportunities to setup with both Vigoroth and Raichu.

Finally, NP Raichu is here to check Simipour, Smashers before they setup, and act as an Electric immunity to put an end to momentum gained via Volt Switch. Conversely, you could also switch who is your Scarfer and LO user if an opponent has already seen your team. I prefer it this way however, given Timid Scarf Floatzel outspeeds Golduck in Rain by 3 points so that you have an answer to Rain Dance teams, while Raichu can often lure in Piloswine into a predicted Volt Switch, use Nasty Plot on the switch, and consequently get an easy kill on Piloswine with a +2 LO Focus Blast (which again, helps out Jumpluff greatly).

Jumpluff
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Acrobatics
- Sleep Powder
- Seed Bomb

Vigoroth @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Taunt
- Body Slam
- Slack Off

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Shadow Ball
- Spikes / Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb

Solrock @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun
- Zen Headbutt

Floatzel @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Water Veil
Modest Nature / Timid Nature
IVs: 3 Atk / 30 SpA
- Baton Pass
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Raichu @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Edit: Slashed Tspikes over Spikes as an option via a suggestion from Anty, especially given how potent Vigoroth is with BU when your opponent is poisoned. However, a poisoned mon cannot be burned by Solrock / put to sleep by Jumpluff / paralyzed with Vigoroth's own Body Slam, and therefore setup with BU Vig / NP Raichu isn't nearly as easy without this support, so I left that up to the user.

Last edited:
Luxray @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Ice Fang
- Superpower
- Volt Switch

Changed my mind, I really wanna see a balance team with CB Luxray!

CB Luxray team for DaRizzleMyShizzle

Luxray @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Ice Fang
- Superpower
- Volt Switch

Solrock @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 4 Atk / 244 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rock Slide

Simipour @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Knock Off

Dodrio @ Life Orb
Ability: Early Bird
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Quick Attack
- Frustration
- Knock Off
- Brave Bird

Machoke @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 232 HP / 244 Atk / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch

Roselia @ Eviolite
EVs: 176 HP / 72 SpA / 216 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
/hide]

Here is your team DaRizzleMyShizzle. :)

Bulky offense team: Roselia sets up spikes and is SpD, you want as many spikes as possible for Luxray to sweep. Roselia is able to stop willow-wisp with natural cure, Machoke can also take willow-wisps because of guts and can deal alot of damage as well as taking alot with eviolite. Simipour is for the ground types and def. walls that are allowing Luxray not to sweep. I find Solrock and Luxray a good core because Solrock can willow and has levitate as well as morning sun. Dodrio is mainly for priority and flying type stab, which is able to take out most Machokes and other fighting types also has knock off for eviolite pokemon. All around a good team sorry for not too much detail but you know it with in a few matches, I was able to get wins with it and I hope u can too.

CB Luxray team for DaRizzleMyShizzle

Luxray @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Ice Fang
- Superpower
- Volt Switch

Solrock @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 4 Atk / 244 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rock Slide

Simipour @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Knock Off

Dodrio @ Life Orb
Ability: Early Bird
Jolly Nature
- Quick Attack
- Frustration
- Knock Off
- Brave Bird

Machoke @ Eviolite
EVs: 232 HP / 244 Atk / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch

Roselia @ Eviolite
EVs: 176 HP / 72 SpA / 216 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
/hide]

Here is your team DaRizzleMyShizzle. :)

Bulky offense team: Roselia sets up spikes and is SpD, you want as many spikes as possible for Luxray to sweep. Roselia is able to stop willow-wisp with natural cure, Machoke can also take willow-wisps because of guts and can deal alot of damage as well as taking alot with eviolite. Simipour is for the ground types and def. walls that are allowing Luxray not to sweep. I find Solrock and Luxray a good core because Solrock can willow and has levitate as well as morning sun. Dodrio is mainly for priority and flying type stab, which is able to take out most Machokes and other fighting types also has knock off for eviolite pokemon. All around a good team sorry for not too much detail but you know it with in a few matches, I was able to get wins with it and I hope u can too.
Thanks! :D

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey I know plenty of you want to help out with this, but can you please not post teams if you aren't on the team building team. Although there hasn't been anything too bad with the teams posted by non-members, there are still noticeable flaws in them, and even people on the team will have others look over it. It clearly says this in the OP, so please read it (we don't want to infract you!).

I do wanna see a cool balance team built around CM Duosion, as it caught my interest when Pawniard shifted to NU and it lost one of it's biggest problems, and it is an amazing Calm Mind user in the tier.

Set:

Duosion @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam

BurmaAlex quick delivery
left out the hazards removal since i didnt feel it was needed to run one but you could run pelipper over poli if you are paranoid of that. the team is built on the idea that simisage can knock off and weaken pretty much all the best barbaracle answers (tangela dies from knock off + gunk shot for instance and gourgeist comes out heavily crippled as well) as well as making a great breaking core with nasty plot raichu. grumpig + poli gives you a pretty strong defensive backbone even with their offensive sets (again you can change them to defensive but in my opinion offensive versions are more effectve against the strong breakers in the tier like stout ironically). pilo is there for rocks, priority, and electric checking as well as jumpluff checkign capabilities.

Barbaracle @ White Herb
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Razor Shell
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace

Simisage @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard

Raichu @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Grumpig @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 84 HP / 244 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Taunt
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 200 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Vacuum Wave
- Scald
Since barbaracle and poliwrath are not in this tier anymore what should I replace them with?

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hi, DaRizzleMyShizzle, I built 2 Duosion teams for you with some advice from gasquakee, Anty, and GrimoireGod. Duosion on team 1 runs Signal Beam, while the other on team 2 runs Acid Armor. I've tested both and they work really well against the ladder, so the one you choose will just depend on your personal preferences.

These teams were both built with the knowledge that Duosion thrives after its teammates have removed problematic Ghosts / Psychics like Misdreavus and Grumpig that are able to Taunt Duosion out of setup, pokemon with Knock Off such as Simisage, Simipour, and to a lesser extent, Leafeon, and strong physical attackers (especially on team1, where Duosion is lacking Acid Armor) that are able to 2HKO Duosion like Mightyena, Dodrio, and Stoutland. Both teams seek to either gain momentum on these attackers in order to wear them down and force them out, or to remove them outright with their respective counters.

To start, I added Jumpluff as Duosion's primary partner on both teams. Given Jumpluff doesn't carry an item at all so that it can boost Acrobatics' damage, it takes Knock Offs for Duosion well and therefore preserves Duosion's Eviolite in that way. It also creates setup opportunities for Duosion through two means: firstly, Jumpluff lures out Zebstrika and Piloswine, both of which Duosion easily sets up on. Secondly, Jumpluff can put something to sleep and let Duosion setup on a sleeping Pokemon later in the match. Coincidentally, Jumpluff checks Simipour with Seed Bomb, Simisage with Acrobatics, Leafeon with Acrobatics, and Machoke lacking Ice Punch with Acrobatics, which again, helps Duosion keep its Eviolite. Finally, if you are using the version without Acid Armor, Jumpluff is easily able to outspeed and put heavy physical hitters like Mightyena and Stoutland to sleep before they threaten to 2HKO Duosion.

Next, I wanted a Fighting type that would also take Knock Offs and prevent Mightyena and Stoutland from beating Duosion, all while threatening out Misdreavus with the threat of either STAB Flare Blitz / Guts boosted Knock Off. Both Machoke and Monferno fit the bill here, given Adamant Monferno outspeeds Adamant Stoutland (and OHKO's Stoutland with CC if SR is in play) and can outspeed Mightyena's Sucker Punch with its own Mach Punch. Monferno however is less threatening to Misdreavus than Machoke is given Monferno does not pack something to hit Misdreavus SE with, so you have your options here (hence the two different directions of these teams).

Now that I had a Grass type, a Fighting type, and something that was very vulnerable to heavy physical hitters (especially with Dark type coverage), Dodrio was a huge threat that I had to account for. So, I added Probopass to the version with Machoke. It beats Dodrio that lack Salac Berry + Natural Gift, sets up SR for the team, and has excellent defensive synergy with its other 3 teammates: it protects Machoke from Flying / Psychic / Fairy, Duosion from Bug, and Jumpluff from Flying / Ice / Rock. In return, Jumpluff protects Probopass from Water / Fighting / Ground, with Duosion as a secondary Fighting resist.

I decided to take advantage of the slow Volt Switch that Probopass provides and to use it in tandem with Stoutland's great wall breaking abilities. Slow Pivot Probopass' Volt Switch essentially gives Stoutland more free switches for extra wall breaking opportunities, which made Stout an ideal partner. Jumpluff supports Stoutland by taking on the Fighting and Rock types that can sometimes give Stoutland trouble, and like Probopass, can give Stoutland free switches with its U-Turn if used with the appropriate timing. If you decide to use Swords Dance Jumpluff over U-Turn Jumpluff on Team1, Swords Dance variants of Jumpluff also greatly enjoy Stoutland's wall breaking.

And last, but not least, I noticed that I was fairly weak to Floatzel and other fast Pokemon because the team (outside of Jumpluff) was fairly slow as a whole at this point. At the same time, I did not have an Electric immunity in order to prevent my opponent from gaining momentum via Volt Switch (which is quite important to teambuilding down in PU). This is what prompted me to use LO Lightning Rod Zebstrika, as it solved both of these issues with the team.

Team 2 is very similar overall, but is a bit faster and therefore more offensive in nature. As it starts becoming different with Monferno over Machoke, I added bulky RP Relicanth as both a check to Dodrio and a temporary answer to Stoutland's CB Frustration. The Speed on its EV spread allows it to outspeed Zebstrika after a single Rock Polish, while maximizing Attack and using the remainder of its EVs for some mixed bulk. It does not take Stoutland's Superpowers well (68% chance to OHKO this Relicanth with CB Superpower after SR), but with Jumpluff and Duosion there, it is often unsafe to use Superpower against this team as it can end up with the opponent being crippled by Jumpluff or setup on by Duosion. With Relicanth being your answer to Dodrio, you're free to use a different Stealth Rocker like Piloswine, which also has an electric immunity, and therefore frees up your ability to use Sap Sipper on Zebstrika instead.

As a disclaimer (as Anty / GrimoireGod pointed out), the teams are weak to Floatzel, RP Regice (Team 1 especially), Scarf Simipour, and RD Golduck. You could possibly add Politoed or Roselia over Relicanth, but then that'd leave you susceptible to Dodrio + Stoutland. So, with that in mind, play carefully against these threats and enjoy the teams!

Jumpluff
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Sleep Powder
- Seed Bomb
- U-turn

Duosion @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam

Machoke @ Eviolite
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Def / 20 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Frustration
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Probopass @ Air Balloon
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat

Jumpluff
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Seed Bomb
- Sleep Powder

Duosion @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Acid Armor
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock

Monferno @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch
- Close Combat

Relicanth @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Head Smash
- Waterfall
- Rest

Piloswine @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Atk / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Last edited:
Hi, DaRizzleMyShizzle, I built 2 Duosion teams for you with some advice from gasquakee, Anty, and GrimoireGod. Duosion on team 1 runs Signal Beam, while the other on team 2 runs Acid Armor. I've tested both and they work really well against the ladder, so the one you choose will just depend on your personal preferences.

These teams were both built with the knowledge that Duosion thrives after its teammates have removed problematic Ghosts / Psychics like Misdreavus and Grumpig that are able to Taunt Duosion out of setup, pokemon with Knock Off such as Simisage, Simipour, and to a lesser extent, Leafeon, and strong physical attackers (especially on team1, where Duosion is lacking Acid Armor) that are able to 2HKO Duosion like Mightyena, Dodrio, and Stoutland. Both teams seek to either gain momentum on these attackers in order to wear them down and force them out, or to remove them outright with their respective counters.

To start, I added Jumpluff as Duosion's primary partner on both teams. Given Jumpluff doesn't carry an item at all so that it can boost Acrobatics' damage, it takes Knock Offs for Duosion well and therefore preserves Duosion's Eviolite in that way. It also creates setup opportunities for Duosion through two means: firstly, Jumpluff lures out Zebstrika and Piloswine, both of which Duosion easily sets up on. Secondly, Jumpluff can put something to sleep and let Duosion setup on a sleeping Pokemon later in the match. Coincidentally, Jumpluff checks Simipour with Seed Bomb, Simisage with Acrobatics, Leafeon with Acrobatics, and Machoke lacking Ice Punch with Acrobatics, which again, helps Duosion keep its Eviolite. Finally, if you are using the version without Acid Armor, Jumpluff is easily able to outspeed and put heavy physical hitters like Mightyena and Stoutland to sleep before they threaten to 2HKO Duosion.

Next, I wanted a Fighting type that would also take Knock Offs and prevent Mightyena and Stoutland from beating Duosion, all while threatening out Misdreavus with the threat of either STAB Flare Blitz / Guts boosted Knock Off. Both Machoke and Monferno fit the bill here, given Adamant Monferno outspeeds Adamant Stoutland (and OHKO's Stoutland with CC if SR is in play) and can outspeed Mightyena's Sucker Punch with its own Mach Punch. Monferno however is less threatening to Misdreavus than Machoke is given Monferno does not pack something to hit Misdreavus SE with, so you have your options here (hence the two different directions of these teams).

Now that I had a Grass type, a Fighting type, and something that was very vulnerable to heavy physical hitters (especially with Dark type coverage), Dodrio was a huge threat that I had to account for. So, I added Probopass to the version with Machoke. It beats Dodrio that lack Salac Berry + Natural Gift, sets up SR for the team, and has excellent defensive synergy with its other 3 teammates: it protects Machoke from Flying / Psychic / Fairy, Duosion from Bug, and Jumpluff from Flying / Ice / Rock. In return, Jumpluff protects Probopass from Water / Fighting / Ground, with Duosion as a secondary Fighting resist.

I decided to take advantage of the slow Volt Switch that Probopass provides and to use it in tandem with Stoutland's great wall breaking abilities. Slow Pivot Probopass' Volt Switch essentially gives Stoutland more free switches for extra wall breaking opportunities, which made Stout an ideal partner. Jumpluff supports Stoutland by taking on the Fighting and Rock types that can sometimes give Stoutland trouble, and like Probopass, can give Stoutland free switches with its U-Turn if used with the appropriate timing. If you decide to use Swords Dance Jumpluff over U-Turn Jumpluff on Team1, Swords Dance variants of Jumpluff also greatly enjoy Stoutland's wall breaking.

And last, but not least, I noticed that I was fairly weak to Floatzel and other fast Pokemon because the team (outside of Jumpluff) was fairly slow as a whole at this point. At the same time, I did not have an Electric immunity in order to prevent my opponent from gaining momentum via Volt Switch (which is quite important to teambuilding down in PU). This is what prompted me to use LO Lightning Rod Zebstrika, as it solved both of these issues with the team.

Team 2 is very similar overall, but is a bit faster and therefore more offensive in nature. As it starts becoming different with Monferno over Machoke, I added bulky RP Relicanth as both a check to Dodrio and a temporary answer to Stoutland's CB Frustration. The Speed on its EV spread allows it to outspeed Zebstrika after a single Rock Polish, while maximizing Attack and using the remainder of its EVs for some mixed bulk. It does not take Stoutland's Superpowers well (68% chance to OHKO this Relicanth with CB Superpower after SR), but with Jumpluff and Duosion there, it is often unsafe to use Superpower against this team as it can end up with the opponent being crippled by Jumpluff or setup on by Duosion. With Relicanth being your answer to Dodrio, you're free to use a different Stealth Rocker like Piloswine, which also has an electric immunity, and therefore frees up your ability to use Sap Sipper on Zebstrika instead.

As a disclaimer (as Anty / GrimoireGod pointed out), the teams are weak to Floatzel, RP Regice (Team 1 especially), Scarf Simipour, and RD Golduck. You could possibly add Politoed or Roselia over Relicanth, but then that'd leave you susceptible to Dodrio + Stoutland. So, with that in mind, play carefully against these threats and enjoy the teams!

Jumpluff
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Sleep Powder
- Seed Bomb
- U-turn

Duosion @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam

Machoke @ Eviolite
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Def / 20 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Frustration
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Probopass @ Air Balloon
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat

Jumpluff
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Seed Bomb
- Sleep Powder

Duosion @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Acid Armor
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock

Monferno @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch
- Close Combat

Relicanth @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Head Smash
- Waterfall
- Rest

Piloswine @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Atk / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]

<3

Hey guys mind building me a hyper offensive team using Lead Rampardos?

I have been trying for a very long time now to get the right team but i end up burning out and making something terrible.

Rampardos @ Focus Sash
EVs: 136 Atk / 120 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor
- Head Smash
- Surf

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
gasquakee and I were bored and did this real fast for you MaroGod. Of course that means the whole shop hasn't seen it and someone might comment on this but w/e just coming at you now.
409.png
514.png
186.png
326.png
067.png
523.png

Rampardos @ Focus Sash
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor
- Head Smash
- Surf

Simisear @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Low Kick
- Knock Off

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Grumpig @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 172 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball

Machoke @ Eviolite
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]

So suicide leads are fairly mediocre rn so we were just like "let's go full HO not even fuck with linoone or whatever". Obviously full HO starts with something to build around and I decided simisear because why not. Main drawback of simisear is getting forced out by Float and Zebra and Pluff every 5 seconds so Scarf Politoed lures them and switches into waters for simisear, it's honestly not bad at all. Colbur Pig helps break stuff a little more and gives you something to switch into machoke, and then we got our own machoke because it switches into Piloswine and helps with Linoone. Guts was chosen because of the guaranteed linoone cant BD with reflect/memento hindering machoke but if you wanna go Dpunch and hope you confuse it, go ahead. Finally we really needed an elec immunity and something to help more vs float so Lightningrod Zebra becomes the obvious choice, with HP Grass to hit Golem which is somewhat annoying for this team.

You'll probably find you don't have switch-ins to things like Dodrio, but it's hyper offense so wat do. Just go to simisear after and get a kill or something. I'm sure other raters will tell you to do something else but this is pretty cool and should satisfy your HO needs although running monferno at least or just a piloswine over ramp would probably be nicer. Plus it's fun from the two games it's had so far

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-273030045
It beat TONE114 so it's good fsr

gasquakee and I were bored and did this real fast for you MaroGod. Of course that means the whole shop hasn't seen it and someone might comment on this but w/e just coming at you now.
View attachment 50203View attachment 50202View attachment 50200View attachment 50204 View attachment 50201View attachment 50199
Rampardos @ Focus Sash
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor
- Head Smash
- Surf

Simisear @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Low Kick
- Knock Off

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Grumpig @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 172 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball

Machoke @ Eviolite
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]

So suicide leads are fairly mediocre rn so we were just like "let's go full HO not even fuck with linoone or whatever". Obviously full HO starts with something to build around and I decided simisear because why not. Main drawback of simisear is getting forced out by Float and Zebra and Pluff every 5 seconds so Scarf Politoed lures them and switches into waters for simisear, it's honestly not bad at all. Colbur Pig helps break stuff a little more and gives you something to switch into machoke, and then we got our own machoke because it switches into Piloswine and helps with Linoone. Guts was chosen because of the guaranteed linoone cant BD with reflect/memento hindering machoke but if you wanna go Dpunch and hope you confuse it, go ahead. Finally we really needed an elec immunity and something to help more vs float so Lightningrod Zebra becomes the obvious choice, with HP Grass to hit Golem which is somewhat annoying for this team.

You'll probably find you don't have switch-ins to things like Dodrio, but it's hyper offense so wat do. Just go to simisear after and get a kill or something. I'm sure other raters will tell you to do something else but this is pretty cool and should satisfy your HO needs although running monferno at least or just a piloswine over ramp would probably be nicer. Plus it's fun from the two games it's had so far

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-273030045
It beat TONE114 so it's good fsr
Cheers lads can always count on ya

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Requesting RP Regice + Defog Vibrava

Regice @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
Modest Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Rock Polish

Vibrava @ Eviolite
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Pretty fun core idea here. Just think Articuno Vibrava with RP Regice instead, this is a team i wanted for while but never got around to. Thanks ^-^
(Also i know i have 29 speed iv's on vibrava i do that to lose the speed tie on other vibrava.)

ponponyo

formerly ssunbae
Requesting a team with:

Ninetales @ Leftovers / Passho Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Substitute

I'm having trouble to find a team that fits her but I think you guys can help me with that >.>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)