Not open for further replies.

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
+Robert Alfons: clef shouldn't even be used it should be ubers
+Robert Alfons: cm clefable is the least fun way to win
+Robert Alfons: it's like winning with swagplay
+BLUNDERR: robert alfons
+BLUNDERR: u gon do anythng but bitch this series?

+Robert Alfons: im out i came for the fucking upset not for this bullshit
+Robert Alfons left
I've literally been doing nothing else for the last couple of years why are people still surprised sigh

why is this already on page 2 when there are maybe four good memers in this tour and they've barely been posting, if at all
poor quality memers (myself included) are trying to get practice in so we can become decent memers by the time real tournaments start

kingler can you stop being a fucking asshole every time you talk to other teams . fuck you cant talk to them without belittling them for no reason i dont give 2 shits if youre joking. you need to learn your limit asshole.
[REDACTED]

edit: lol abusing mod powers to edit a post that quotes yours is pro af

Last edited:
Requesting a ban on hail for DPP. So I don't have to run a rapid spinner/toxic spikes absorber and Walrein check on every team. 90% of people will think I'm joking and those 90% have never played DPP NU
as someone who plays the tier id also be fine w/ just ice body so i run run blizzspam :)

but wairein hail is dumb :( I run weather on random mons to counter it reliably. Sunny Day Dodrio is good i swear.

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Confirming Sunny Day Dodrio is good. I'm not really for banning hail becuase I enjoy using the playstyle from time to time, but I won't object if all the other guys want it banned.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Longtime DPP NU player here and I wouldn't mind hail being banned in some form too.

It's a very restrictive factor that you have to seriously overprepare for if you don't want to pathetically lose. Yes, manual weather tends to destroy Hail, but I don't think we should be encouraging the sort of team matchup this causes. Most balanced teams should be able to handle manual Rain and Sun, but instead they're so focused on stopping Hail that this rarely is doable.

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion
Uhm k let me try some trashtalk

My sandnigga Hippo gimme dat Smooth Rocking beat,
got some delicious teams here you wanna eat.
But they're crushed by this known across the Stoutland canine.
Cut these bitches up cook em nice in my Tajine.
FU god, PU dog, you don't wanna fuck,
when you see this scary pack you be like a sitting duck.
Sandstorm lifts, you all lookin 1HKDOGE'd,
if you had the thought you could win, just drop it.

Last edited:

termi

ok time to do this shit cuz nobody else here is real enough

Coming in at #6 we got the Maverick Marowaks. Some of these names make me go "hey, I remember this guy from absolutely nothing". A similar teambuilding strat got Raseri's team into playoffs in NUPL last year tho, so don't underestimate em. We may very well find the new Pokegod among these people.

Mael - Truth to be told, bar the fact that he existed and that other people called him good, I knew fuck all about this guy, but looking thru his postings, it turns out half his posts consist of the word "in", so I guess he's pretty eager to play tours. He shows spirit, but if he's actually going to be able to win shit, who can say?

Finchinator - If Finchinator is half as passionate about PUPL as he is about dogs, he'll surely put in some work. Recently, I had the honour of playing him in PU for the first time, and he ended up getting stomped obv (shoutouts to Robert Alfons), but he showed he had potential. If somebody's throwing squads his way, he might be able to set a solid record.

trc - trc probably is one of the only actual PU players on WDM's team, altho I'm pretty sure he hasn't played in ages. He johned me pretty hard for botw so I suppose that'll be his strat for PUPL too...

Official Fissure - no idea who this guy is but he's OFFICIAL so he must be good

HJAD - Known more for his rain teams than his skills, HJAD doesn't seem like the greatest threat. He's capable of getting some wins probably, but those who are clever enough to bring a Snover might very well win turn 1.

New Breed - "might not be active if omfuga isnt on my team" there it is, 8k wasted gg

Ranger Mike - This guy got a postcount of 2k after 1.5 years on smogon, he can't be human. He was the one who created the scRUb league a year ago, which should indicate how much he's gonna be worth in battle haha. Who knows tho, he might turn out to be a 3k legend, we'll see

Realistic Waters - This guy's actually pretty solid at NU and apparently plays both PU and FU, so we might have an actual threat on our hands here haha.

Carbink Floyd - literally who

Spirit - Top tier memer and fellow egirl appreciator, Spirit is a good player and a cute user who learned about the existence of PUPL (and by extent about the tier PU itself) a solid 5 minutes before deadline. He lacks the experience, but hopefully he will bring the memes to make up for it.

Minus - this guy is a 3k don y'all don't even stand a chance, just type /forfeit turn 1 you don't want to meet his fury, honestly. there is no way this guy isn't going 5-0

WhiteDMist - Co-tier leader, known to me as "the one that didn't fire me from council duty" (ily Dell<3), I have no idea if WDM actually plays, but he can always threaten to fire other managers from council if it turns out he doesn't have skills to save him.

marowak more like maroWACK

termi

Sometimes, there's no clear favourite. More often than not, two teams seem equally likely to win a tournament. Likewise, sometimes there are multiple teams that just don't look good at all, and they could both end up finishing last. Therefore, tied for #6, a team where the average player has the skill level of the Youtuber they bring an homage to: The Bodybag Blametruths, led by Neverused player and terrible meme-maker Montsegur.

Deej Dy - Starting off with a lord and one of the few people who might actually end up with a positive w-l record, we have Deej. He might not have made a name for himself too much yet, but after going 4-1 in NUPL he showed us that this isn't a man you want to have on your opponent's side. Will he be able to set another excellent record? PU is not his main tier, but I still have great expectations for him.

Anty - By far the most expensive player and the only "real" PU player on the Blametruths, Anty's doomed to be unable to live up the expectations from Day 1. Nonetheless, he's a solid player, and with him being the one on this team with actual knowledge of the tier, he'll probably have to build 8 teams a week. Good luck, you're gonna need it :]

iplaytennislol - Although he has made a bit of a name for himself in NU, his username still makes it sound like he's a random. Do something about it man. He's a pretty solid player though, so if his lack of tier knowledge won't hurt him too much, he might put in some work.

Can-Eh-Dian - Pretty nice fella and decent player from what I gather, although he definitely won't be the top dog of the tournament. PS this is PUPL, Mont, not NUPL, so what's with all the NU players .-.

Haruno - Apparently Mont got tired of all these NU players, so now he bought a Doubles and Ubers player, two metas that have got even less to do with PU than NU! Solid auctioning, Mont! Haruno's good enough at the tiers he mains, but will this help him at all in PU? Or will he just get benched? Or will he be a ghosting slot for Anty? We just don't know!

Shaneghoul - Apparently went undefeated in NUPL, dunno what meta he played and how many battles he got done, though. Sorry, don't know you.

Mambo - sorry don't know you

innovamania - A friend and apparently a solid past gen player, inno will probably end up filling the DPP slot. The competition is tough for DPP, so there is no telling if he'll be able to stand up to the opposing teams' players, but I wish him the best!

QuoteCS - Another Canadian. Sorry, don't know you.

BenOhver - Seen him around in the PU forum a bit, he still has to make a name for himself. He probably won't make it in PUPL #1, although the fact that his team is small and doesn't feature a lot of competition means that he'll at least have a chance to be lined up for a couple of battles.

Montsegur - Of all the managers in PUPL, Montsegur probably is the one with the smallest chance of actually winning any battles, seeing how he devoted most of his time on Smogon to NU and his absurd postcount, rather than to PU. He's decent at NU, but nonetheless, my expectation is that we're looking at the only manager slot that is also a ghosting slot (good luck, Anty!)

Good luck to Marowacks and Blametruths, and may the most inept lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)