Pureon (cj1206)'s Fakemon.

Would you pick a Humdrum or a Rexpex?

• Total voters
Hi everyone! I've got a little gallery going over at deviantArt: http://cj1206.deviantart.com/ . But I was hoping to share some of my designs here as well for extra feedback, as well as starting to see what other Fakemon designs people have thought up here at smogon.

I began designing Fakemon based around the idea of a Light type, but I know unofficial types are often unpopular, and now I'm starting to design Fakemon of the regular types, when time allows.

Anyways, here are my first few:

This is Sbook and was my first design after my Light types. He is the first stage of a Ghost/Ice line that is set to mirror the Gastly, Haunter, Gengar line. The final evolution is not yet done, but the second is here:

With each of my designs, I create a card like this. I won't post the others unless that is something you are interested in. It may also interest some of you that I write detailed Pokedex entries and what I call Battledex entries.

An example would be what I wrote for my evolution of Sudowoodo:

Pokedex:
Fooliage evolves from Sudowoodo after exposure to a Shiny Stone. It is the final form of Bonsly.
Fooliage much like their predecessors Sudowoodo, are often unnoticed, as passers-by mistake them for trees. Situations where they are encountered usually arise for much the same reasons as Sudowoodo too: they are found blocking a pathway. And at Fooliage's increased size, even larger tracks can be obstructed by its Wide Guard. However, despite their extra mass, they still retain their hatred of water, and even a small squirt from a Sprinklotad or likewise can get them to uproot and move. Just be prepared, some will turn to face you in battle if provoked!

Fooliage tends to stand in a squatting position because of the weight of its "canopy". In this position Fooliage's height has been measured at an average of 7'6". But, this rises to a towering 9'2" when they fully stand, which is a rare occurrence, but can indicate an incoming Heavy Slam. Be careful!

Professors have determined that the boulders upon Fooliage's head have a chemical composition similar to malachite; which gives the rocks their deceptive green colour. Fooliage can launch more of these signature green stones from its new arm cannons in attacks like Rock Blast and at high levels can even form gigantic boulders allowing it access to the rare Rock Wrecker.
However, overuse of these moves causes damage to Fooliage's appendages and cracks in the rocky planks appear. Every once in a while, Fooliage will trek up to a volcano, and be seen to dip their arms into the molten lava to heal the imperfections and allow use of stronger attacks. This activity is one of few times where it is clear to see that they must be a Rock typing and not Grass, otherwise the lava would be significantly more painful. However, back in the forest, Fooliage will use Mimic, Copycat and Woodhammer to continue its charade as a Grass type to unknowing trainers.

Battledex:
Fooliage is a pure Rock Pokemon, meaning it is weak to Water, Grass, Fighting, Ground and Steel attacks.

Fooliage gets a nice 115 total stat boost upon evolution, and its distribution follows the pattern of Sudowoodo, with the originally good stats getting a good improvement, and the poorer stats staying relatively low. This leaves Fooliage as a physically defensive Pokemon who can now also deal quite a bit of Physical damage. It's slight increase in Special Defence and average boost in HP means it also stands the chance of surviving some strong Special based hits too. However, it's ability Sturdy is always helpful in ensuring it gets in at least one hit before it goes down.

Fooliage like Sudowoodo is still very slow. But this means the drawback from Hammer Arm isn't much of a worry, and Sucker Punch is also a useful way to get around this. It's Rock Head ability also means Woodhammer, a sneaky way to deal with Water and Ground type threats, won't deal recoil damage. These are all tricks Sudowoodo users are familiar with. The new tricks that Fooliage can dish out are: Rock Blast, Heavy Slam, Wide Guard and Rock Wrecker. Rock is a strong offensive type and the two new STAB moves allow Fooliage to hit more powerfully and more accurately than with Stone Edge, but have their own drawbacks too, and lack the increased critical hit chance; it's up to you which you prefer, but now at least Fooliage has more options. Heavy Slam comes off a weight of 500kg (1102 lbs) so usually hits hard and is a nice Steel type in Fooliage's arsenal. Wide Guard can stop Surf and Earthquake, two big worries for this big brute.

Again, they are lengthy, so will only post them if requested. Otherwise they can be found on my dA page.

Finally the one image I'll leave unhidden is one I finished today, which features two of my Fakemon which would be version exclusives of each other. They are Humdrum and Rexpex and their cards can be found here: http://cj1206.deviantart.com/art/Humdrum-387928845 and here: http://cj1206.deviantart.com/art/Rexpex-427742180
And the tropical birds feature together below:

I would love to hear any comments you guys have, compliments or critiques, or just queries about my designs. And I apologize if I have wasted your time and completely posted in the wrong place!
Hope you enjoy! :D

I'll just bump this the once.

It would be really cool if any of you had any feedback, or could point me to a site which is more Fakemon orientated. I can't seem to find anything active out there!!!
Thanks. :D

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
There's quite a few fakemon creators here, this is def a good place to be!

You did a really great job on Sudowoodo-Mega, He's really clean and engaging!
Check out chameleonskyes art thread for more inspiration on using colored pencils, she's great!

I would say, keep at it, you will get some more comments soon, and keep drawing fakemon! I'd love to see some more.

Thank you very much for your reply! Ah, interesting. Sudowoodo's evolution Fooliage is usually less popular than my birds! But I'm glad you like him!
Well, I'll hang around then and hope for some more comments! :D And thanks for the link, I'll check that out soon, and will post again when I next have something new to show. Annoyingly gonna be busy for the rest of this term at uni though!

Wow, I like that grass bird you drew there! I love it's pose and vibrant colors. I see a lot of potential ;)

Thank you! :D
That's humdrum! It's card and Pokedex info can be seen below:
Pokdex info:
Pokedex:
Humdrum are found in tropical climates, populating the local rainforests. Their bright colours and aromatic scents attract Pokemon and people alike. Their favourite food is the glowing nectar from Fleraneon's flowers, who also dwell in these jungles. When in mating season, Humdrum intensify their perfumes and use their wings and jingling antennae to create quite a noise, so as to be heard over the background sounds of the rainforest. They only stop chirping when its time to sleep, when their flowers can be seen to furl up into buds.

The hummingbird Pokemon can beat its leafy wings 80 times a second, allowing great flight control, as well as access to some sound-based attacks. The fuschia-like appendages may initially seem like a hindrance to Humdrum and its dainty body. However, the ribbons are attached to strong muscles, allowing meticulous control over them. They can be used as counter weights and stabilizers so Humdrum can hover in the same spot, and not be buffeted by erratic gusts. But they really shine when Humdrum retracts one in mid-flight: this sends Humdrum into a spin, at which point they can both act like a gyroscope, building up the momentum in Humdrum's forward spiralling flight, and allowing Humdrum to pull into a devastating Drill Peck or Acrobatics attack. This looks great in contests.

Battledex:
Humdrum is a dual Grass/Flying Pokemon, meaning it is weak to Ice, Flying, Poison, Rock and Fire moves.

Humdrum are speedsters. But their remaining stats are decidedly average. However, with no pre-evolution, you get a nice 450 stat total right out the egg! This makes them excellent in early trainer battles, especially with SonicBoom knocking off 20HP, which at level 8, is quite a chunk for most Pokemon: a useful trait it shares with Voltorb. So, head to the rainforest early in your journey to pick up one of these little birds.

Despite no other strong stats other than Speed, Humdrum's moveset allows it to play many different roles. With its Speed and U-turn it can act as a great scout. Aromatherapy and Chime can allow it nurse the rest of your team. Or Humdrum can fend for itself, and go on the offensive. If you're lucky enough to find one with Serene Grace; Air Slash, Pollen Plume and Humdrum's Speed are all you need. The so-so offensive and defensive stats won't matter when the foe can't even attack. Serene Grace gives Air Slash a 60% chance of causing a Flinch, and makes Pollen Plume guaranteed to cause Infatuation, if possible, meaning unless the foe is faster, it will be extremely hard for them to get an attack in!
But be warned if they do, with only 55 base HP, Humdrum can't take hits well, and it will drop to almost any Ice attack! Ice Shard is not your friend.

Most people prefer it over Rexpex, I think for battles I would too, but I actually like the sleeker design of Rexpex! :D

The art is really nice - one of the harder parts of fakemon for many people is balancing the colors, and I think you did that quite well. One little nitpick about Fooliage, you mentioned that it evolved from Sudowoodo with a shiny stone, but (under the assumption that these are of a new region) that shouldn't happen. Pokemon don't gain new evolutions by a method that already existed before the evo was revealed. (By that I mean dusk stone didn't exist until 4th gen when froslass was 1st revealed, baby pokemon after 2nd gen need their parents to hold a new incense item to hatch, etc.)
Aside from that, it looks really nice and I'd like to see more!

One little nitpick about Fooliage
Thanks for your kind words! I do have other Fakemon ideas on my mind. It's just finding the time. Got lot of exams coming up at uni.
I hadn't really noticed that about Pokemon evolution. What would you suggest then for my evolution of Sudowoodo to Fooliage? :D

So, it's a been a very busy year, but here is a new piece by me. A Mega Evolution no less:

MEGA MISMAGIUS!!!

And for those of you want my waffly background on the concept and analysis of my Mega Mismagius, see here:
Mega Mismagius

Ghost/Fairy

Ability: WitchcraftThrough the use of magic, the user alters the laws of probability in their favour.

Stats:

HP – 60
Attack – 60
Defence – 100
Special Attack – 125
Special Defence – 145
Speed – 105

Total – 595

MismagiusiteWhen mega-evolving, Mismagius’ lower extremities extend and darken until it stands upon the ground, pink hair sprouts from behind its head and hands appear from within to take hold of the Mega Stone, which uses the last of its energy to extend itself into a wand that Mega Mismgius wields so elegantly. Beware of its Witchcraft.

(Warning: long waffly justification and analysis stuff...)

Typing and StatsI was surprised that Misdreavus and Mismagius didn’t receive the Fairy typing with the introduction of Gen VI. However, now having mega-evolved, Mismagius takes on an even more witch-like appearance, further justifying its new secondary typing, as witches appear in several fairy-tales. It also has that signature Fairy pink colouring!

Its 100 point stat boost that all Pokemon get upon Mega Evolution might not do what you expect. Most Mismagius players use it as a fast special sweeper, and would think that its Speed and Special Attack would benefit most from the increase. But with Mega Alakazam, Mega Gengar and Mega Gardevoir all doing similar things, I wanted to go a different way with Mismagius. Meet this new somewhat bulky Mega Mismagius! The defences get a 40 point boost each, with Mega Mismagius’ size increase, making Special Defence Mega Mismagius’ now stand-out stat. I think this fitting as it was tied with its Speed and Special Attack before, but Mismaigus’ EVs are in Special Attack and Special Defence not Speed, and now that it is part Fairy, a type that excels in Special Defence, it seemed right that Special Defence would be Mega Mismagius’ defining trait. The remaining 20 points are put in Special Attack, as its magic wand aids its conjuring skills, and its Speed remains the same, as although it is stronger, its body type is less agile.

Ability and Battle StyleIt is also grounded! Yes, much like with Mega Gengar, gone is the Levitate ability. But don’t worry, thanks to its Fairy typing, Mega Mismagius exchanges its Ground immunity for Dragon immunity. And its new signature ability of Witchcraft is definitely a bonus. With this ability, Mega Mismagius becomes a god of ‘hax’, or to put it another way has an extreme form of Serence Grace.
Witchcraft means that all status conditions and stat drops that have a chance of occurring as a secondary effect of a move WILL occur. It also means that moves with these properties used against Mega Mismagius WILL NEVER cause their stat drops or status conditions. Note the wording here, as this means that Flinching and stat raising side effects are not affected by Witchcraft, to prevent Mega Mismagius being overpowered. So Mega Mismagius cannot abuse Ominous Wind for guaranteed boosts, nor use Dark Pulse or Astonish to always Flinch the opponent.

Here are the moves that Mismagius can learn that would be affected by Witchcraft:

Shadow Ball – Always lowers foe’s Special Defence 1 stage
Energy Ball - Always lowers foe’s Special Defence 1 stage
Psychic - Always lowers foe’s Special Defence 1 stage
Psybeam – Always confuses the target
Thunder – Always paralyses the target
Thunderbolt – Always paralyses the target.

So, as you can see there are limits and so it shouldn’t be over the top! But it does win out over Serene Grace; so a Jirachi using Thunder is never going to Paralyse Mega Mismagius. This does lend towards some new interesting strategies for Mega Mismagius. The lack of increased Speed, becomes less of an issue when you can guarantee to hurt and paralyse the foe. And the only moderate increase in Special Attack is offset by having an array of moves that will always steadily strip away the foe’s Special Defence. And combining Confusion with Paralysis by incorporating Psybeam – Misdreavus’ original only attack with Base Power it learned via level up (so I thought it’d be nice to see that in competitive play again!) – for Parafusion is always a good touch! So, perhaps invest EVs in defences instead so Mega Mismagius can take hits, as its offense will only build, as every Shadow Ball hits harder than the last! So, a suggested moveset could be Shadow Ball, Dazzling Gleam, Thunderbolt and Psybeam. Two good STAB moves there, that work well together, only being resisted by Pyroar, and one is guaranteed to bring down Special Defence and two other moves to Paralyse and Confuse while still dealing damage! Mega Mismagius has its own little niche in battles now! But perhaps other tactics lie out there too, say, I dunno, getting Skill Swap as an egg move, passing Witchcraft onto someone with Ice Beam… you do the math, just saying….

Well done. They look great, and I especially enjoyed reading the Mega Mismagius description =).
Thank you! I mainly bother thinking up all the background stuff for myself to justify my own creation so I can see how it fits in with the Pokemon world. But it's always really nice when someone else appreciates it too! So thanks again! :D

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
So, it's a been a very busy year, but here is a new piece by me. A Mega Evolution no less:

MEGA MISMAGIUS!!!

And for those of you want my waffly background on the concept and analysis of my Mega Mismagius, see here:
Mega Mismagius

Ghost/Fairy

Ability: WitchcraftThrough the use of magic, the user alters the laws of probability in their favour.

Stats:

HP – 60
Attack – 60
Defence – 100
Special Attack – 125
Special Defence – 145
Speed – 105

Total – 595

MismagiusiteWhen mega-evolving, Mismagius’ lower extremities extend and darken until it stands upon the ground, pink hair sprouts from behind its head and hands appear from within to take hold of the Mega Stone, which uses the last of its energy to extend itself into a wand that Mega Mismgius wields so elegantly. Beware of its Witchcraft.

(Warning: long waffly justification and analysis stuff...)

Typing and StatsI was surprised that Misdreavus and Mismagius didn’t receive the Fairy typing with the introduction of Gen VI. However, now having mega-evolved, Mismagius takes on an even more witch-like appearance, further justifying its new secondary typing, as witches appear in several fairy-tales. It also has that signature Fairy pink colouring!

Its 100 point stat boost that all Pokemon get upon Mega Evolution might not do what you expect. Most Mismagius players use it as a fast special sweeper, and would think that its Speed and Special Attack would benefit most from the increase. But with Mega Alakazam, Mega Gengar and Mega Gardevoir all doing similar things, I wanted to go a different way with Mismagius. Meet this new somewhat bulky Mega Mismagius! The defences get a 40 point boost each, with Mega Mismagius’ size increase, making Special Defence Mega Mismagius’ now stand-out stat. I think this fitting as it was tied with its Speed and Special Attack before, but Mismaigus’ EVs are in Special Attack and Special Defence not Speed, and now that it is part Fairy, a type that excels in Special Defence, it seemed right that Special Defence would be Mega Mismagius’ defining trait. The remaining 20 points are put in Special Attack, as its magic wand aids its conjuring skills, and its Speed remains the same, as although it is stronger, its body type is less agile.

Ability and Battle StyleIt is also grounded! Yes, much like with Mega Gengar, gone is the Levitate ability. But don’t worry, thanks to its Fairy typing, Mega Mismagius exchanges its Ground immunity for Dragon immunity. And its new signature ability of Witchcraft is definitely a bonus. With this ability, Mega Mismagius becomes a god of ‘hax’, or to put it another way has an extreme form of Serence Grace.
Witchcraft means that all status conditions and stat drops that have a chance of occurring as a secondary effect of a move WILL occur. It also means that moves with these properties used against Mega Mismagius WILL NEVER cause their stat drops or status conditions. Note the wording here, as this means that Flinching and stat raising side effects are not affected by Witchcraft, to prevent Mega Mismagius being overpowered. So Mega Mismagius cannot abuse Ominous Wind for guaranteed boosts, nor use Dark Pulse or Astonish to always Flinch the opponent.

Here are the moves that Mismagius can learn that would be affected by Witchcraft:

Shadow Ball – Always lowers foe’s Special Defence 1 stage
Energy Ball - Always lowers foe’s Special Defence 1 stage
Psychic - Always lowers foe’s Special Defence 1 stage
Psybeam – Always confuses the target
Thunder – Always paralyses the target
Thunderbolt – Always paralyses the target.

So, as you can see there are limits and so it shouldn’t be over the top! But it does win out over Serene Grace; so a Jirachi using Thunder is never going to Paralyse Mega Mismagius. This does lend towards some new interesting strategies for Mega Mismagius. The lack of increased Speed, becomes less of an issue when you can guarantee to hurt and paralyse the foe. And the only moderate increase in Special Attack is offset by having an array of moves that will always steadily strip away the foe’s Special Defence. And combining Confusion with Paralysis by incorporating Psybeam – Misdreavus’ original only attack with Base Power it learned via level up (so I thought it’d be nice to see that in competitive play again!) – for Parafusion is always a good touch! So, perhaps invest EVs in defences instead so Mega Mismagius can take hits, as its offense will only build, as every Shadow Ball hits harder than the last! So, a suggested moveset could be Shadow Ball, Dazzling Gleam, Thunderbolt and Psybeam. Two good STAB moves there, that work well together, only being resisted by Pyroar, and one is guaranteed to bring down Special Defence and two other moves to Paralyse and Confuse while still dealing damage! Mega Mismagius has its own little niche in battles now! But perhaps other tactics lie out there too, say, I dunno, getting Skill Swap as an egg move, passing Witchcraft onto someone with Ice Beam… you do the math, just saying….
love it dude, that's awesome pencil work.

Also, if anyone knows of a program I can use to easily turn the paper backgrounds from my scans into all white - so that i can add backgrounds of my own more easily please let me know! Or a program that when I can scan in my line art, will turn the scan into only black and wite, no grey scale, so I can easily colour in on paint! - just to see what my Fakemon would look like if I did attempt to do them digitally! Thanks! :D

Here's my Pantosite.

"An extremely rare Mega Stone, which is infused with such a variety of mystical energies that it is believed to be able to Mega Evolve any Pokemon that can."

"This Mega Stone glistens beautifully in sunlight, depending upon which angle one looks at it, different colours appear in different areas, but every colour is believed to be contained in this rarity."

This is a theoretical item for the world of Pokemon. I created it because of the increasing popularity of creating fake Mega Evolutions. If this continues, soon every Pokemon line will have a Mega Evolution - which would require a huge number of Mega Stones to be put in a game. So, here is the solution. One stone to evolve them all, one stone to find them, one stone.... wait. Different world. But yes, this would be a held item, which Mega Evolves any Pokemon which has a Mega Evolution. It is a little larger than the individual Mega Stones, to signify its greater power. The name Pantosite is derived from the Greek: παντός meaning all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)