Pokémon Pyroar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pyroar isn't the first Pokemon that comes to mind when you say "OU viable", as it get abilities that limit it's potential. It does have decent Speed and SpA, but that can only take it so far tho in OU. Pyroar will shine better in lower tiers. I have only tested it a few times with a Scarf and Life Orb Set, but the Weakness Policy set by Private Affair seems very good and promising!!

Pyroar @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Unnerve/Moxie
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Timid Nature
~ Substitute
~ Fire Blast/Flamethrower
~ Hyper Voice
~ Hidden Power Fighting

This set will allow it to set up a sub against pokemon that can OHKO, get a +2 boost and then can potentially sweep an entire team.

I don't why you guys would prefer Hyper Voice over Return, I don't know if I'm missing something here, but with max friendship, Return gets 102 power over hyper voice's 90, and both of them get STABS. I've been using Return on my Pyroar with a silk scarf and it has proven quite successful. Though I would greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me if I'm wrong, this is my first post after all.
Pyroar, even with Moxie, has terrible Atk compared to it's SpA. A Jolly Pyroar with 252 EVs in Atk will only have about 352 Atk after a single Moxie Boost, compared to Jolly Garchomp with the same EVs, who has 359 Atk unboosted.

Pyroar, even with Moxie, has terrible Atk compared to it's SpA. A Jolly Pyroar with 252 EVs in Atk will only have about 352 Atk after a single Moxie Boost, compared to Jolly Garchomp with the same EVs, who has 359 Atk unboosted.
I'm not completely sure why you are using a pokemone that was so strong it was banned to ubers as a benchmark, but your point still stands I guess.

I'm not completely sure why you are using a pokemone that was so strong it was banned to ubers as a benchmark, but your point still stands I guess.
It was only banned to ubers because sand veil allowed it to set up easy subs and start boosting with swords dance. Not because it has a pretty good attack, which other pokemon, such as machamp have but are UU.

Anyways, point stands that Pyroar will be pressed to get that initially attack boost on a physical set due to its terrible attack. Not even in NU should it be using that.

It was only banned to ubers because sand veil allowed it to set up easy subs and start boosting with swords dance. Not because it has a pretty good attack, which other pokemon, such as machamp have but are UU.

Anyways, point stands that Pyroar will be pressed to get that initially attack boost on a physical set due to its terrible attack. Not even in NU should it be using that.
I already said that his point stood -.-; And we already knew a few pages ago that Pyraor's abysmal attack needs a moxie boost and work up in able to do something close to sweeping.

On topic, I wonder if Pyraor would have been slightly better if it boasted a bigger special movepool. I meanI could work with wat it has, but he's predictable now.

i don't even see sub being good on this thing because its not that threatening as to force a switch

he's a pretty good berry destroyer with unnerve+incinerate lol. can put a stop to some trevenant/exeggutor sets

I felt like making this:
252 Attack Pyroar: 235
4 Special Attack: 255
252 +1 Attack Pyroar: 352 (112)
252 +2 Attack Pyroar: 470 (165)
252 +3 Attack Pyroar: 587 (230+)
That's all, it only takes three boosts to be the most powerful Attack in the game. Moxie is definitely viable, just don't use it stupidly, trying to take out a Forretress with a Return for that Moxie? No, just use Fire Blast. I personally run Return / Fire Blast / Will-O-Wisp / Taunt.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
I felt like making this:
252 Attack Pyroar: 235
4 Special Attack: 255
252 +1 Attack Pyroar: 352 (112)
252 +2 Attack Pyroar: 470 (165)
252 +3 Attack Pyroar: 587 (230+)
That's all, it only takes three boosts to be the most powerful Attack in the game. Moxie is definitely viable, just don't use it stupidly, trying to take out a Forretress with a Return for that Moxie? No, just use Fire Blast. I personally run Return / Fire Blast / Will-O-Wisp / Taunt.
"only takes three boosts"

only? If you manage to even get three boosts then your opponent is doing something horrificly wrong

"only takes three boosts"

only? If you manage to even get three boosts then your opponent is doing something horrificly wrong
Yet you ignore the fact that at +1 it has more Attack than Special Attack on Keldeo, I'm not saying you're getting to +3, I'm saying at +3 it has a higher stat than anything in the game.

Pyroar @ Leftovers
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hyper Voice
- Flamethrower

Most of you guys seem to forget that it gets Taunt, too.
I like the idea of utility Pyroar more than a sweeper and I'd like to think it works well in NU.
I don't think it can really do much before dying in OU unless you really hate Aegislash/Trevenant/Ghostfairies.

EDIT: I will say this though - it's the fourth fastest fire type and interestingly has a weird speed stat that lets it outspeed things like Mega-Pinsir.

Last edited:
Pyroar @ heat rock
EVs: 4 HP 252SAtk 252Speed
Timid nature
-Flamethrower/Fire blast
-Hyper Voice/Solarbeam
-Dark Pulse
-Sunny Day

Thoughts, improvments please

Then go to the houndoom thread. Can't you read?
I think his point was that as a self-setting Sunny Day sweeper, Pyroar is completely and utterly outclassed by MHoundoom. If that's the strategy you want to use there's no reason to do it with Pyroar.

Pyroar @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hyper Voice
- Flamethrower

Most of you guys seem to forget that it gets Taunt, too.
I like the idea of utility Pyroar more than a sweeper and I'd like to think it works well in NU.
I don't think it can really do much before dying in OU unless you really hate Aegislash/Trevenant/Ghostfairies.

EDIT: I will say this though - it's the fourth fastest fire type and interestingly has a weird speed stat that lets it outspeed things like Mega-Pinsir.
Wow, I love that set! Taunt seems like a great alternative to Snarl. Seems like a much better idea to Taunt some Ghosts than to just burn them, though I would absolutely burn Aegislash. They use King's Shield after the burn, the extra chip damage is enough to let Flamethrower do what it needs to do. Hey, if they switch out, so much the better.

Pyroar easily survives a Sacred Sword if it burns Aegislash first. Thus why the perfect item for me has always been Rocky Helmet.

Man, for Sableye alone, I would run Taunt. Sableye can't do jack to that Pyroar. You can outspeed Gliscor and Taunt it before it Substitutes, too. Hyper Voice makes for a solid hit on it, too, though of course Earthquake will kill you and you can't burn it because of Toxic Orb + Protect. Variants with Toxic rather than Earthquake, though, are totally shut down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)