Racists, and raising children to be racists

I don't see why teaching viewpoints that you disagree with should be considered child abuse. Like I said earlier, I feel that Fundamentalist Christianity is bullshit that brainwashes kids, should we be outlawing that now?

I'm not saying that I as a random member of the public/collective body disagree with them. I'm saying that they don't conform to the mass majority of people's ideals. Because the views being taught to the children have no place in an equal society, no beneficiary effects and may invoke negative hindrances or problems, this is recognized as child abuse if only because the children will be joining society, where they will not "fit in" because of what the parents did to them, and they would probably be unable to recognize it as a problem.

So to condense a stupid long post, It's long term abuse.

EDIT: The difference betwen this and christianity is that (christianity) has stable foothold in society. There are too many followers and authorative figures for it to be contested effectively.

i think this might have been staged. i don't know why they would go on tyras show if they were really racist.

i'm not sure how I would explain the "home video". the picture with them in front of a burning swastika could have been edited

Hitler's "forgive me", if it was said, would have been as an apology to failing the Third Reich, not as some last-minute moment of pathos for what he'd actually done; he was just pissed off he couldn't do more.

Racists do often appear publicly to expound their views - just look at the Phelps family..

And yeah, personally, if I ruled the world I'd ban all religion.

Now I don't think the end of religion is that good of an idea,I mean,I believe in God and besides,that would be going against free speech

Hitler's "forgive me", if it was said, would have been as an apology to failing the Third Reich, not as some last-minute moment of pathos for what he'd actually done; he was just pissed off he couldn't do more.

Racists do often appear publicly to expound their views - just look at the Phelps family..

And yeah, personally, if I ruled the world I'd ban all religion.

OH I think you just got some points in my book. I think I like you :P

Indeed, Abolishing religion is the only way to a betterment of our earthling homeworld. With Religion there will always be arguments over fictional stories, opinions over fiction (which starts the arguing), and of course the neglect to true knowledge (science) and the furtherment of our technologies become delayed due to these Religious Lunatics and their Idiotic foolish "Beliefs". They are too busy casting down facts and reality that they can't see how much harm they have done to this world for thousands of years. If everyone was a brainless religious drone, we probably wouldn't even have libraries or a space station (or program). Religious people are people that Want to be stupid and fight Bitterly to be so. So I say we let them and ship them off to Nauru (barren salt mine island) or bring back the good ol' lion/tiger colleseum games!

It is Religion that is destroying this planet. Petty arguments over Fictional Stories has taken a primary role over Technological advance to Space and getting off of this rock that Will Not Last Forever. With Religious people, we just run around like l00ns, screaming the world is going to end until an earthquake comes and they just get hit with falling rubble. Thats how stupid they are.

As for racism, well it is just as petty and barbaric as religion and if everyone would realize that a lot of problems would just Vanish. I am not going to treat Anyone badly until they do so to me indirectly or directly.

Whoever it is.

NOTE: For the religious people out there, don't bother replying because it will just start another argument. Don't forget that it is the Church and Religion that literally Hunted Earthlings for their own beliefs, forcing them to conform or burn entire villages of Men, Women, Children, Animals, many things like this that are never mentioned by the church. Their own blasphemy is seen as glory because those that 'follow the leader' are Blind Sheep. So why do you think I say F the pope and the queen? Because in Reality Monarchies BLOW and Religion SUCKS ASS! F- that drunk pedo pope, all of those pedos. "OH yeah hunny its sunday, lets go to the church so we can eat stale moldy crackers and drink crappy goat blood wine while we pay(donate) the preacher/pope/priest to molest our children! More German Lager goes into the popes cathedral on the back of trucks in barrels, then any of the pubs in the UK combined. Haha

Lmao, that what I am talking about. They are not allowing others to believe what they want they use their pathetic scare tactics to Conform others (namely the poor children who get brainwashed by this fictional crap) or tell them off. That is why religious people are typically Bad people and are never friends of mine, its because they never stop talking about Fraud and all of that BS.

I think the problem is that people misconceive how this country was founded. It may have been "oathed" on the "bad book" but the Hemp Consitution says NOTHING related to Religious Right. That would mean you should Believe in what You Want to believe in, but let Others do the same without disregarding them in society.

That is exactly what is NOT happening today. People that downplay religion get tossed aside, even those that toss down some stupid cult like Scientology.

People are just moronic idiots these days and they just want to be a follower to something. They have to Believe or they feel empty. Well folks, I believe we're Fucked.

EDIT: Just wanted to point out to religious people who play pokemon, pokemon is based out of Space. Oh noes, sorry your fraud didn't make them in a week and take a break, sorries.

I'm not saying that I as a random member of the public/collective body disagree with them. I'm saying that they don't conform to the mass majority of people's ideals. Because the views being taught to the children have no place in an equal society, no beneficiary effects and may invoke negative hindrances or problems, this is recognized as child abuse if only because the children will be joining society, where they will not "fit in" because of what the parents did to them, and they would probably be unable to recognize it as a problem.

So to condense a stupid long post, It's long term abuse.

EDIT: The difference betwen this and christianity is that (christianity) has stable foothold in society. There are too many followers and authorative figures for it to be contested effectively.
Have you by any chance read Shirley Jackson's "The Lottery"? Here's a link in case you haven't.

http://www.americanliterature.com/Jackson/SS/TheLottery.html

Do you still believe in conformity for the sake of conformity?

I don't believe in conformity for the sake of it. I believe in being yourself and holding your own views, as long as they aren't self destructive or adversely damaging to those around you.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Congratulations.

By stating that the holding of certain views, and passing them onto one's children is dangerous, and thus worthy of state intervention, you have taken the first step towards fascism!

I believe in being yourself and holding your own views, as long as they aren't self destructive or adversely damaging to those around you.
Let me correct that for you:

I believe in being yourself and holding your own views, as long as they are agreeable to the majority of the population.
And we're not talking about actions - we're talking about views!

I am not defending racism - it is stupidity to the nth degree. But in a civilized society, you have the right to be stupid to the nth degree, and unfortunately, you have the right to be stupid to the nth degree in a settting that young people might emulate it.

Is that a bad thing? Yes.
Is it a neccesary cost of freedom? Yes.
Is freedom worth such a cost? Fuck yeah.

Lol, I kinda felt like I wasn't explaining this properly. I never said anything about state intervention. These people can teach their kids whatever. No-one is stopping them. That doesn't make it okay though.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
blah blah determinism theory everything is determined by fate/genes/god so free will doesn't actually exist

seriously that theory is so stupid it's mindboggling, considering that anyone can say after the fact that "you were destined to do x, y and z"

All I can say to determinism is your theory implies nobody should be held accountable for their actions as it was inevitable and after all it seems wrong to punish people for things they had no way of avoiding..

It's a fine way of shirking responsibility but not much else.

Infact technically time itself is not real. It is a measurement of how our planet moves around our sun and in our solar system/galaxy. Just a measurement of distance so to say.

So really, everything "society" is based on is an illusion. Fun.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
All I can say to determinism is your theory implies nobody should be held accountable for their actions as it was inevitable and after all it seems wrong to punish people for things they had no way of avoiding..

It's a fine way of shirking responsibility but not much else.
I dont think determinism says this. If you see punishment as a deterrent or a dostoevskyish path to redemption or just a case of locking people up to stop them commiting more crimes, then the fact that they had no way of avoiding their action isnt relevant.

Also you can always say you had no way of avoiding punishing them.

Have a nice day.

Infact technically time itself is not real. It is a measurement of how our planet moves around our sun and in our solar system/galaxy. Just a measurement of distance so to say.

So really, everything "society" is based on is an illusion. Fun.
What? time exists. You obviously haven't even looked at the title of anything distantly related to quantum physics, have you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)