Raichu is a Rockstar

Okay so this is one of the best teams I've made and I've been able to sweep a lot on Showdown but I want to make my team even better. The premise is pretty simple, just set-up and go for it.

Picasso (Smeargle) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Baton Pass
- Spore
- Rapid Spin

Okay, so this guy is pretty much the boost for everybody else on the team. I start with Spore if the opponent doesn't have an espeon or xatu, otherwise I use shell smash right off the bat under the protection of my focus sash. If the opponent didn't switch to espeon or xatu, I usually hit them with spore after the initial smash so I can either switch or get another shell smash in before passing to (usually) Espeon. Rapid spin is there just to get rid of entry hazards while the enemy is sleeping.

Khaleesi (Dragonite) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed

This is just a basic DD Dragonite, my plan B usually. I set up real quick with a Dragon Dance under the protection of the Multiscale. Outrage is the STAB and my strongest move, fire punch is for those annoying steel types, and extremespeed is protection from weak revenge killers. Lum berry is useful for getting rid of the confusion from outrage, or just getting rid of a status that would cripple her.

Wishmaker (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 224 SDef / 252 HP / 32 Spd
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Body Slam
- Wish

Jirachi is my bulkier option for receiving the smash pass, with good typing and being a stall pokemon to begin with, it makes the stat losses much more easy to deal with. Not to mention x2 attack and x2 speed with serene grace make Iron Head very annoying to deal with. Body slam is there to paralyze while still doing damage in case I'm up against a faster opponent or a wall that will take a while to kill. Fire punch is for coverage and wish is for recovery or possibly even a pass back to Smeargle in case I need to re-smashpass.

Valkyrie (Espeon) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 SAtk / 252 HP
Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Calm Mind
- Baton Pass

Espeon is my rockstar sweeper of the team, with enough bulk to survive a hit when switching in from a smash pass, it is a dangerous enemy if I have a chance to set up correctly. Stored power is my go to move because after 2 Shell Smashes (what I normally try to do before I pass) it is sitting at 240 base power then you take into consideration x3 Sp Atk, and x.5 for Stab, I can Hit Scizor, Skarmory, Cresselia, and others that resist it for OHKO damage. Hidden Power is there for Dark types like TTar, and Calm Mind in case I don't get a chance to pass from smeargle. The only problem is the popularity of Sableye which is immune to both of my attack moves, in which case I can Baton Pass to another potential sweeper on the team.

Trickster (Weavile) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Low Kick
- Ice Shard
- Night Slash
- Counter

Possibly one of the best late game sweepers I have, or even a smash pass sweeper. With a focus sash I am very comfortable receiving a pass from either smeargle or an emergency pass from espeon. Night Slash is my primary stab with Ice Shard to deal with faster threats and dragons. Low Kick keeps me from being walled by steel types, while counter is my game changer. There have been times where I should have lost the battle but a well timed counter (with focus sash) has won the game.

Captain (Kingdra) @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Naughty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Kingdra is just another option for a smash pass, with great coverage I might add. I try to use hydro pump and draco meteor as little as possible due to the accuracy and stat drop respectively but they are very strong moves that can OHKO very often. Ice Beam is for dragons and others that take x4 damage so that I don't have to slow down a sweep to switch because of draco meteor. Being one of the best if not the best counters to a rain team, I have Hidden power grass to deal with threats that would normally stand up to kingdra on a rain team.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey. Nice team you've got there. SmashPassing is a fun tactic, but I think you can improve upon this team by taking my suggestions to heart. First off, I don't think that Weavile does much for your team besides adding a vulnerability to Scizor and can easily be replaced with almost no harm done to your synergy. To add some needed offense and bulk, I think that a standard Swords Dance YacheChomp can work well over Weavile. This gives you a potent receiver and another plan B should Smeargle be taken out prematurely. Garchomp also gives you an answer to sun teams, which look like they can give you many problems with either their boosted speed or powerful Fire-type attacks, as well as opposing Terrakion, which look eager to tear you a new one since you lack a resistance to its Rock STAB.

Your current moveset on Jirachi does it no justice. First off, you're squandering Jirachi's offensive potential by giving it Body Slam and Wish with a not-so-offensive EV spread. Second, you don't need support moves on it since it's just going to be attacking all the time. I propose that you use an Expert Belt Mixed Jirachi over your current variant. This change gives you a much better recipient of a Smash as well as a wall-breaker that can catch people by surprise, since most people expect Jirachi to be the standard specially defensive variant.

Now, for some smaller changes. First off, I think that an EV spread of 80 HP / 96 Def / 80 SpD / 252 Spe would be more optimal for your Smeargle, since my EV spread maximizes Smeargle's overall bulk while maintaining its admittedly bad Speed stat. Now, for Kingdra, I don't exactly see the point in using coverage options if you're not even going to hit Ferrothorn for super-effective damage. You claim that they're there just to give rain teams a hard time, but they struggle plenty facing Kingdra's STABs alone. You also mentioned that you don't bother using Hydro Pump or Draco Meteor because of their drawbacks. Using Surf over Ice Beam and Dragon Pulse over Hidden Power Grass rectifies your issues with Hydro Pump and Draco Meteor and now gives you the ability to choose between power and utility when you need them.

Finally, some nitpicks. First off, move the 4 EVs in Dragonite's HP to Special Defense. This gives Dragonite an odd HP stat, assuring your team that it won't die after switching into SR four times, and it also reduces the damage done by status effects and damaging weather. For Kingdra, an EV spread of 40 HP / 240 SpA / 228 Spe with a Modest nature will do it much good by granting it a marginal increase in bulk as well as a noticeable rise in power. Finally, Stealth Rock is a virtually mandatory part of every battle, since there are so many threats out there, such as Volcarona, Dragonite, and Gyarados, that are crippled by the floating stones. You already have Espeon for hazard prevention, and Rapid Spin does absolutely nothing that Espeon doesn't. Following that chain of logic, I think that you should replace Rapid Spin with Stealth Rock. A summarized list of changes can be found below.

Sets:
Garchomp @ Yache Berry | Rough Skin
Jolly | 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Swords Dance | Outrage | Earthquake | Fire Fang

Jirachi @ Expert Belt | Serene Grace
Naive | 152 Atk / 204 SpA / 152 Spe | 30 Spe
Iron Head | Fire Punch | Hidden Power [Ice] | Thunderbolt

Nitpicks:
  • ====>
    • Specially Defensive Jirachi ====> Expert Belt Mixed Jirachi
    • 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe Jolly ====> 80 HP / 96 Def / 80 SpD / 252 Spe Timid
    • Rapid Spin ====> Stealth Rock
    • Ice Beam ====> Surf
    • Hidden Power [Grass] ====> Dragon Pulse
    • 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe Naughty ====> 40 HP / 240 SpA / 228 Spe Modest
    • 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe ====> 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Don't be daunted by the size of this list, for most of it is just nitpicks that should make your team much more solid than it currently is. With all that said, good luck with your team!

Thank you very much I like the changes and they help with threats I've been struggling with. Hopefully this is the push I needed!

I think most of Trinitorulences suggestions should be applied. One thing I would change though, is perhaps Scizor instead of Weavile. It is reasonably bulky, has Swords Dancre, and more importantly +1 priority in Bullet Punch. Depending on personal preference you can go full offensive or defensive

Scizor@ life orb/ Leftovers (either works on any spread)
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
EV spread 1: 252 attack / 252 speed / 4 HP
EV Spread 2: 248 HP / 112 Attack / 150 Sp Def
1. Swords Dance
2. Bullet Punch
3. Bug Bite
4. Superpower

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)