Rarely Used and finally #1!

Apologies for necro-bumping this thread, I was trying to find someone who used Automatize Aggron in an RU team since I'm planning on basing a team around him. I'm debating as to whether I should use Hard Stone over Life Orb, since I'm primarily going to be using Head Smash whenever I can (a 270BP drawback free move with great coverage is fine by me) and the coverage moves will be hitting things super effectively most of the time. For your Aggron, I definitely think that Hard Stone > Life Orb since you only lose a small amount of power but now don't take ANY Head Smash recoil. But I'm planning on running Automatize / Head Smash / Iron Head / Fire Punch so I'm not sure whether I should do the same.

This looks to be a great team. My only suggestion would be to replace Roar with Dragon Tail on Aggron. Not only does it phaze, but it does a bit of damage as well.

Hi GtM, Hard Stone is a great idea for Aggron. I'll have to do some calcs to see if it loses any KOs but it sounds like a good idea. I only used Head Smash as the attack because I found that it does so much damage that it doesn't really need anything else. I think the only coverage you need to worry about is stuff that hits things that resist Head Smash super effectively, because often a resisted Head Smash is more powerful than a neutral attack (Iron Head for example). I would strongly suggest Aqua Tail to hit Ground types (Rhyperior especially gets a satisfying smack) and Fire Punch is a great idea to hit Ferroseed, Tangela and rare Steels although Zen Headbutt could be good for Fighting types. But Fighting types like Sawk and Primeape are often Scarfed while Gallade is OHKOed by Head Smash anyway so it may not be necessary... Aggron could wall itself without Earthquake so that may be a minor consideration. Also Hone Claws is a wild idea instead of an elemental punch because if you're getting walled just use it and smash your way through and it patches up Head Smash's accuracy... But it gets into its own problems with certain walls! I would probably use a Life Orb for a sweeping Aggron though, because you have a very high chance to OHKO Rhyperior with Aqua Tail after rocks which is important. Just remember that support Cresselia is out there and can cause problems.

@ fatsnorlax: I tried Dragon Tail and it didn't work as well as Roar unfortunately. I would love the extra bit of damage but Aggron's main weakness is Fighting type Substitute users coming in looking to set up (or any fast Substitute user really), so I need Roar to get past their Substitutes. Head Smash doesn't have great accuracy which they try to take advantage of with Substitute and that was a huge problem for the team.

I've retired this team a while ago so it was a surprise to see it again lol!

Okay, I'll use Aqua Tail over Iron Head since Rhyperior was the only target I really wanted to hit with it. I'm glad you liked my suggestion! :)

NLI, you are pro. Im Ephraim, if you remember my name.

But im sorry, you arent #1 anymore =P

You should be aware of hazards, as they can chip down entei, venomoth and (more importantly) Muchlax.

Also, half of your team (Venomoth, Cresselia, Munch) is setup bait for Ferroseed, Entei can be forced to reveal its choice with protect and Sceptile doesnt want to take gyro balls anytime soon.

Other than that, your team is (obviously) really solid. Unlike me (that wasnt my objective, but whatever) you managed to reach the top without using Mega and Krow, even though you used cress. Good job!!

Just a quick point about using Toxic on a CB Entei: If anyone sees you go for a toxic first turn, then they'll never expect you to be choiced, then when the have to take a flare blitz from a 541 attack RU monster, they won't know what hit them. Without any SpA investment I think that HO Grass is a wasted move that is very specific in what it counters. Toxic is the better option in the current metagame IMO, especially as you have a Sceptile.

Only other comment I could make is that (unless I've missed something you're team) you don't have a strong water type attack, and a bit of a water weakness - 2 pokes that are weak to water, and only one quite frail poke, that resists it. Just something to bear in mind, although not as big a problem as you might think, as Kabutops, Poliwrath, and some other RU offensive water types are not very common at all :L From
What I've seen ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)