Rarely Used (RU) Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bouffalant can be a real threat in RU. I run this set.

@ Choice Band
Reckless
Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Spd
Head Charge
Wild Charge
Megahorn
Earthquake

MMF

Give me the strength to part this sea
theres lapras and dellibird. its not THAT UNCOMMON.
Lapras and Delibird are extremely uncommon but I see your point nonetheless. Also CB Bouffalant is extremely strong and more bulky than I assumed. Its a very good set.

I understand that it's really gimmicky, but shedinja got me 100+ points in less than half an hour. Obviously it needs a lot of support to function, so I use blastoise which can spin hazards and rain dance away hail.

MMF

Give me the strength to part this sea
Unless your using other Pokemon that benefit from Rain, theres really no use in just using it for Shedinja as Hail isn't all that common.

Anyone here try out Evolite Goldbat?

I'm not sure whether I should go Physical or Special Bulk since his defenses are fairly even.

[SET]
name: Support Evobat
move 1: Roost
move 2: Super Fang
move 3: Toxic / Taunt
move 4: Whirlwind / Haze / U-turn
item: Evolite
ability: Inner focus
nature: Careful / Impish
evs: 252 HP / 252 or 4 Def / 252 or 4 SpD

Evolite Goldbat is pretty bulky and has useful Support moves, Roost is the obvious first choice for recovery, Super fang is a Reliable Move that will do 50% damage to your opponent.

The last 2 slots depend on what your team needs, Toxic allows it to stall while taunt is useful on slow pokemon attempting to set up on you like Cressellia. Note that Cressellia is unlikely to 2HKO you with it's Psychic/Psycho shock, depending on Golbat's Bulk spread, whether it's physical or specially bulky.

Whirlwind to Phaze, Haze does the same thing unless it's your opponent's last pokemon, and a slow u turn to switch in those glass canons that can't take a hit but do massive damage like Specs Porygon-Z.

Note: Goldbat is sadly not bulky enough to take Choice powered hits, especially from base 120 stab moves like Entei's Flareblitz, or Adaptability Porygon's Specs Tri-attack as Goldbat will usually be 2HKO, but it does resist Yanmega's Tinited Bugbuzz havinga 4x resist to bug (does poison resist bug?)

You are fast enough to play mind game with things like Rhyperior using Stone edge /rock blast, as you roost before it hits you but they can easily out predict you and use EQ when you're roosting, bu t it does help accumulate toxic damage.

Other Options

Venoshock can be used in together with Toxic as it doubles in power and with few steels around the tier it's not a bad choice but you're generally better off using Super fang, use a bold /calm nature if you iintend to use veno shock

Hypnosis can sleep a pokemon but low accuracy makes it unreliable

Curse is an interesting choice, if you build a set with max Hp and SpD, with poison typing preventing you from being toxic stalled and Roost for reliable recovery, Golbat can becoming quite a tank, but without a strong Stab outside of Brave bird giving you recoil, Goldbat has few physical options outside of Flying, Dark and Normal attacks, on the bright side curse makes payback more likely to deal base 100 power, Funny enough Goldbat doesn't learn CRUNCH, look at that mouth of his, how can he not learn crunch, Goldbat is still vulnerable to burns though.

Nastyplot another interesting option as Goldbat has a good Special move pool to take advantage of with stab Air slash, Sludge bomb and coverage moves with heatwave, Giga drain, shadow ball and Hidden Power.

Has anyone tried Focus Sash Counter Alakazam?

Alakazam
-Psychic/Psyshock
-Focus Blast/Signal Beam
-Taunt
-Counter

Any nature/EV you want. It has to hold Sash.

Just bring it in on a physical attacker, counter and there you go. Sharpedo, Krookodile, whatever. The only thing that seems to stop it is SR. So make sure you have a rapid spinner - for example Claydol, or even Eviolite Drilbur or Pineco.

If you're lucky you can get a Psychic or two in afterwards. If the opponent holds a sash, use priority such as Entei's Extremespeed. Taunt is to stop SRers and the other moveslot is coverage.

I think that set would work tons better as a lead. Without hazards to worry about, and preventing set up with Taunt, you could knock some huge dents in the opposition. Also yes Taunt + counter is hilarious.

I haven't played RU (besides some brief testing a while ago), and just am trying to make a team right now. For rapid spinners, this tier gets some fun ones, and Claydol looks like a great one. How is this set I made for it?

Claydol @ Leftovers Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Protect
- Charge Beam
- Earth Power

I designed it to be a physical wall, and his naturally high sp def is nice too. Primarily spinner/physical wall. For offense though, I find Electric+Ground to be pretty nice, and charge beam boosts your special attack to let him become specially offensive. What do you think?

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Charge Beam is sort of cool. Add Shadow Ball over Protect and Ghost Types cant block Claydol anymore.

The cool thing about Claydol is that it can also set up Rocks.

I haven't played RU (besides some brief testing a while ago), and just am trying to make a team right now. For rapid spinners, this tier gets some fun ones, and Claydol looks like a great one. How is this set I made for it?

Claydol @ Leftovers Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Protect
- Charge Beam
- Earth Power

I designed it to be a physical wall, and his naturally high sp def is nice too. Primarily spinner/physical wall. For offense though, I find Electric+Ground to be pretty nice, and charge beam boosts your special attack to let him become specially offensive. What do you think?
Charge Beam is a terrible boosting move, especially on something as slow and weak and riddled with weaknesses like Claydol. You would be much better off running a calm mind set, replacing rest or a coverage move with rapid spin if you need it that much.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Claydol has the power to destroy RU. Just not with shit like Charge Beam.

I have to agree with our shit saying friend...
Claydol has an nice typing for RU, as long as you can absorb the Water- and Bug- moves. Resistance to Rock and Fighting, while being immune to ground, is unique in this tier (and IIRC in the game), and his stats arent bad either.

Mr Mime @ Leftovers
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 HP / 104 SpA / 148 SpD
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Hidden Power Rock
- Psych Up
- Magic Coat / Light Screen

Why yes, this set would be retarded in any meta other than RU. But one of the few things Mr Mime can boast is being an excellent Yanmega / Venomoth lure. With the above EVs, Mr Mime is not 2HKO'd even by Yanmega's Choice Specs Air Slash thanks to Leftovers recovery, and with Soundproof it's immune to Bug Buzz. Hidden Power Rock is a clean OHKO on uninvested Yanmega and a clean 2HKO on Subroost Moltres. Light Screen lets you provide team support; since you can tank Yanmega's attacks for much longer under Light Screen, you can use Psych Up to gain its speed boosts, which is nice.

This set is also useful against Venomoth, although you might need Magic Coat to help deal with Sleep Powder. If you can steal its boosts using Psych Up, Mr Mime could attempt a mini-sweep, effectively being immune to most special attacks. Psychic will 2HKO offensive Venomoth attempting to get Quiver Dance boosts, and will OHKO those who don't.

I'm not sure about how viable this set is, but given how much Yanmega and Venomoth are used, I can certainly see some merit.

Mr Mime @ Leftovers
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 HP / 104 SpA / 148 SpD
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Hidden Power Rock
- Psych Up
- Magic Coat / Light Screen

Why yes, this set would be retarded in any meta other than RU. But one of the few things Mr Mime can boast is being an excellent Yanmega / Venomoth lure. With the above EVs, Mr Mime is not 2HKO'd even by Yanmega's Choice Specs Air Slash thanks to Leftovers recovery, and with Soundproof it's immune to Bug Buzz. Hidden Power Rock is a clean OHKO on uninvested Yanmega and a clean 2HKO on Subroost Moltres. Light Screen lets you provide team support; since you can tank Yanmega's attacks for much longer under Light Screen, you can use Psych Up to gain its speed boosts, which is nice.

This set is also useful against Venomoth, although you might need Magic Coat to help deal with Sleep Powder. If you can steal its boosts using Psych Up, Mr Mime could attempt a mini-sweep, effectively being immune to most special attacks. Psychic will 2HKO offensive Venomoth attempting to get Quiver Dance boosts, and will OHKO those who don't.

I'm not sure about how viable this set is, but given how much Yanmega and Venomoth are used, I can certainly see some merit.
I like it, but if the opponent doesn't have one of those bugs, then it's kind of dead weight. Also, if it takes prior damage, it's kind of dead weight. Also, it looks as if you designed the EVs to not get 2HKOd by SpecsMega's Air Slash. What about Stealth Rock (and possibly Spikes)? SR is not at all uncommon.

but every team has a yanmega ;) i really like the set... can it wall porygonz too?
This is how well it takes a Modest Adaptability Choice Specs Porygon-Z Tri Attack: 71.8% - 84.5%. With Download it either takes 53.9% - 63.4% (no Download boost) or 80.3% - 94.4% (with Download boost). I wouldn't say it's an effective counter. Plus it lacks reliable recovery too, so that drastically reduces its walling capabilities.

Yeah, I really just threw that together when I was looking through the usage list. :P It probably isn't actually that viable.

Apparently someone was running around PO-beta recently with a Lv. 2 Probopass with Magic Coat and Pain Split... I was looking at a lot of lols and a lot of raging.

i was just wondering, i came up with the greatest idea for a team. i have three offensive cores. three speed boosters.

combusken@eviolite
sd
protect
flare blitz
sky uppercut

sharpedo
aquajet
protect
crunch
waterfall

yanmega
giga drain
air slash
bug buzz
protect.

what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)