Rarely Used (RU) Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i was thinking of having a spinner, a stealth rocker, and muchlax as the other members...

maybe..

munchlax
armaldo (resists extremspeed good bulk)
uh....lickilicky?

I just realized that Electivire is RU! What is going on?
Gen 5 is ruled by bulky teams, guess what Electivire isn't.

I reacted the same way about Mew... How did a poke that was Uber for 15 years become UU in a flash?
It honestly should be BL, its way too overwhelming in UU as a support/sponge or BPer. But with the current snailpace the suspect rounds are advancing I don't have much hope of that anytime soon.

i can't wait for the august statistics to come out so I can play the new RU, with pokemon like Rhyperior, venemoth and gorebyss gone.

I've been experimenting with Choice Band Druddigon and Evolite Magneton combo.

It works a lot like how I use Choice band Haxorus and Steel killer Magnezone in OU

[SET]
name: CB Druddigon
move 1: Outrage
move 2: Dragon claw
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Sucker punch
item: Choice Band
ability: Rough Skin
nature: Adamant
evs: 152 HP / 252 Att / 104 Spe

The Speed Evs allow you to outspeed the common walls in RU, mainly clefable and Tangela, Cresselia and Gligar still outspeed you. The rest in Att for max power and HP for bulk.

after a CB, your attack rises to a sick 558 with stab base 120 stab dragon move that is only resisted by steels (which are VERY UNCOMMON) anything that survives your hit and hits you back with a contact move is likely to be KO-ed by rough skin, so even if you Don't get that clean KO, rough skin will help you take them down with you.

Outrage to break stuff

Dragon claw if you don't want to be stuck in Outrage

Earthquake for predicted Steel switch in

Sucker punch for Priority when necessary.

man what this pokemon would kill for the move Dragon Rush, Becomes base 130 power when combined with Sheer force (stronger then Outrage without being stuck on the move and getting confused afterwards) not to mention recoil-less life orb.

[SET]
name: Evoton
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Magnet rise
move 3: Charge beam
move 4: Hp-Ice
item: Evolite
ability: Magnet Pull
nature: Calm
evs: 252 HP / 84 SpD / 172 Spe

The Speed Evs are to outspeed Max speed Jolly Aggron and other max speed positive natured base 60 pokemon.

The rest in bulk gives you 304/324/304 defences after a evolite, although it doesn't seem much but after you include a number of resistances (including bolt beam) it's a lot bulkier then you expect.

Magnet rise for ground immunity, there aren't many pokemon that carry ground moves that are faster then Magneton that are commonly used in the tier, the only ones I can think of from the top of my head are Krokodile (generally scarfed) and the Odd Dugtrio (I'm probably missing someone but yeah).

Substitute is to take advantage of those useful resistances and prevents critical hits or force a switch when they realize they can't do any significant damage to you while you rack up SpA boost from charge beam.

HP-ice for bolt beam coverage, together with Charge Beam.

Suffers for 4 move slots, I really wish I could put Thunderbolt somewhere but magnet rise and substitute are very useful, maybe I should drop substitute since Magneton isn't running leftovers.

I've been thinking about running left overs instead of Evolite in which case it's probably better to run 84 HP, 252 SpA and 174 Spe with modest nature.

The point of this magneton is to remove steels but generally steels are rare to come by in which case Magneton job is to annoy pokemon with it's resistances especially slow ground types like claydol, can't do much once magneton uses magnet rise.

Magneton is completely walled by Quagsire and Gastrodon as they are immune ot electric attacks and don't take much damage from HP-ice and can just recover it off, Quagsire Especially, ignore any SPA boost with unaware.

Yeah the sets probably aren't perfect and need some working on but it's worked out for me so far.

i can't wait for the august statistics to come out so I can play the new RU, with pokemon like Rhyperior, venemoth and gorebyss gone.

It works a lot like how I use Choice band Haxorus and Steel killer Magnezone in OU

[SET]

The Speed Evs allow you to outspeed the common walls in RU, mainly clefable and Tangela, Cresselia and Gligar still outspeed you. The rest in Att for max power and HP for bulk.

after a CB, your attack rises to a sick 558 with stab base 120 stab dragon move that is only resisted by steels (which are VERY UNCOMMON) anything that survives your hit and hits you back with a contact move is likely to be KO-ed by rough skin, so even if you Don't get that clean KO, rough skin will help you take them down with you.

Outrage to break stuff

man what this pokemon would kill for the move Dragon Rush, Becomes base 130 power when combined with Sheer force (stronger then Outrage without being stuck on the move and getting confused afterwards) not to mention recoil-less life orb.

[SET]

The Speed Evs are to outspeed Max speed Jolly Aggron and other max speed positive natured base 60 pokemon.

The rest in bulk gives you 304/324/304 defences after a evolite, although it doesn't seem much but after you include a number of resistances (including bolt beam) it's a lot bulkier then you expect.

Magnet rise for ground immunity, there aren't many pokemon that carry ground moves that are faster then Magneton that are commonly used in the tier, the only ones I can think of from the top of my head are Krokodile (generally scarfed) and the Odd Dugtrio (I'm probably missing someone but yeah).

Substitute is to take advantage of those useful resistances and prevents critical hits or force a switch when they realize they can't do any significant damage to you while you rack up SpA boost from charge beam.

Suffers for 4 move slots, I really wish I could put Thunderbolt somewhere but magnet rise and substitute are very useful, maybe I should drop substitute since Magneton isn't running leftovers.

I've been thinking about running left overs instead of Evolite in which case it's probably better to run 84 HP, 252 SpA and 174 Spe with modest nature.

The point of this magneton is to remove steels but generally steels are rare to come by in which case Magneton job is to annoy pokemon with it's resistances especially slow ground types like claydol, can't do much once magneton uses magnet rise.

Magneton is completely walled by Quagsire and Gastrodon as they are immune ot electric attacks and don't take much damage from HP-ice and can just recover it off, Quagsire Especially, ignore any SPA boost with unaware.

Yeah the sets probably aren't perfect and need some working on but it's worked out for me so far.
Your Magneton works fine against EQ using or Support Steel types. What about a Durant? Charge Beam won't OHKO (despite that pitiful Special Defense), and Durant looks cooler than Magneton, so it automatically wins.

Your Magneton works fine against EQ using or Support Steel types. What about a Durant? Charge Beam won't OHKO (despite that pitiful Special Defense), and Durant looks cooler than Magneton, so it automatically wins.
True but Magneton resist Durant's Stabs too, and it usually carries Rockslide for coverage, how many hits does durant need to KO magneton anyway? 3? 4? I guess it could try to flinch hax with rockslide and ironhead but charge beam would probably 2hko if it doesn't miss.

I love CB Druddigon, i don't like your coverage though, specially Sucker Punch. I prefer Rock Slide, Crunch and Superpower with Sheer Force.

i was just wondering, i came up with the greatest idea for a team. i have three offensive cores. three speed boosters.

combusken@eviolite
sd
protect
flare blitz
sky uppercut
Without HJK, IMO Combusken isn't even that bad as Blaziken, and I don't think it warrants any usage over the Hitmons.

I just realized that Electivire is RU! What is going on?
Cause it blows. We discussed this yesterday.

Anyways. I haven't played RU much so I have a question. Is Speed Boost Yanmega in any way as scary as Specs Tinted Lens or whatever its ability is? I'm looking at Speed Boost and it seems really unthreatening.

ThiS2Vi said:
I love CB Druddigon, i don't like your coverage though, specially Sucker Punch. I prefer Rock Slide, Crunch and Superpower with Sheer Force.
What's wrong with my coverage? which pokemon are not at least hit neutrally in RU that Dragon and ground doesn't cover?

Skarmory and Bronzong are OU since I last check

Sheer Force is a good ability but it forces you to use moves that give you poor coverage compared to dragon/ground.

Btw if you didn't know yet, Super power does not receive Sheer force boost and Druddigon doesn't have a stab that can leverage sheer force either so it seems like a waste really.

As for sucker punch in the last slot, the last slot is actually filler but Druddigon is a very slow pokemon so the priority helps, the only pokemon that I can think of that may give you trouble resist wise is ferroseed in which case you could replace sucker punch for Super power but that's the reason why I also carry Magneton to remove the steels.

Outrage / Fire Fang / Superpower / Sucker Punch is the best CB Druddigon set imo. Earthquake isn't necessary. You need Sucker Punch so you don't suck.

Just in general, really. Mainly Grass-type Pokemon when you don't want to lock yourself into Outrage, Ferroseed, and Durant. It's relatively fillerish so Dragon Claw works too.

Has anyone tried Focus Sash Counter Alakazam?

Alakazam
-Psychic/Psyshock
-Focus Blast/Signal Beam
-Taunt
-Counter

Any nature/EV you want. It has to hold Sash.

Just bring it in on a physical attacker, counter and there you go. Sharpedo, Krookodile, whatever. The only thing that seems to stop it is SR. So make sure you have a rapid spinner - for example Claydol, or even Eviolite Drilbur or Pineco.

If you're lucky you can get a Psychic or two in afterwards. If the opponent holds a sash, use priority such as Entei's Extremespeed. Taunt is to stop SRers and the other moveslot is coverage.
SharKing uses one of these, and to be honest the only slot this is effective in is in the lead slot. And the only time I see a Zam in the lead is when it's a CounterSash, so it's not that huge of a surprise to be honest.

Don't mock Durant. It'll get out its broom while you're laughing at it, beat you over the head with it, and then SWEEP YOU out the door.
Everyone thought the same about whimsicott when the Generation was introduced. "Oh, this will definitely be NU because it's stats suck and doesn't seem too useful." Now it's the most annoying poke out there beside the green machine known as Reuninclus (and people had their doubts about that cute blob, too).

Durant has found his home in RU and E-Vire is still free falling.

Just in general, really. Mainly Grass-type Pokemon when you don't want to lock yourself into Outrage, Ferroseed, and Durant. It's relatively fillerish so Dragon Claw works too.
[SET]
move 3: Superpower / Earthquake

This set is probably the overall best set, since Super power takes care of ferroseed, and Durant is frail. I slashed in Earthquake for people who don't like the Attack and Defence drop.

^ My bad, it probably would survive a CB Superpower... then there's life orb and rough skin, well it could be carrying leftovers.

I'm lazy couldn't be bothered to check Durant's Defence Stat, I've never been one to check for the small details.

When I see Durant, even in-game, I usually pummel it with a special move since it'll take it out in one hit, usually. But in competitive battles, it isn't as easy to pin them down, since most good battlers have a special wall to protect their specially-frail Durant (or any other specially frail Pokemon) with a special wall like Munchlax. Same deal with physically-frail sweepers, they keep a physical wall to fall back on so they don't die to one well-placed EQ. Ferroseed would be a good physical wall, since Grass/Steel is a really excellent typing, only weak to Fire and Fighting.

[SET]

Outrage to break stuff

[SET]

I love this idea, but is that Sucker Punch on a Choice set? Eeeewww. Being locked into Sucker Punch is awful. Also, Magnet Rise on Magneton? I feel like it's not that useful. Perhaps switch for HP Fire? Just some thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)