Other Rate my Hackmons team

Hello their! I am going to be showing you my Pokemon showdown hackmons team! It may seem ridiculous with the large amount of Shuckles but boy are they effective! Anyway, my Hackmons team is below:

Shuckle (F)
Ability: Wonder Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
- Nightmare
- Leech Seed
- Spore
- Block​
Ok, this Shuckle is fantastic for quite a few reasons. First, if the pokemon is NOT a grass pokemon, Shuckle can do spore, thus allowing the opponent to fall asleep. But that's not all. Next, Shuckle can do Block, which means your opponent cannot switch. Then Shuckle can do either Nightmare or Leech seed. Either way, the point is that at this point your opponent will be asleep AND with leech seed, thus allowing the pokemon to slowly and eventually die. (Plus, they won't be able to switch if you used the move block). Also, with Shuckle's ability Wonder Guard, only super effective moves can damage him. (A example of Shuckle's strategy: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/hackmons-151494392)

You may have noticed that my Shuckle's moves would absolutely fail if my opponent were a grass type. Not to worry! The next pokemon will OHKO those grass types.

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Berry Juice
Shiny: Yes
Modest Nature
- Blue Flare
- Boomburst
- Air Slash
- Roost​
I have Charizard Y just so I can OHKO those grass pokemon's that would foil Shuckle's plans. And just to be sure that Charizard Y gets his way, I gave him 252 attack and 252 speed, plus some HP just in case. I gave Charizard Y the ability "Wonder Guard" so only super effective moves can damage him! Berry Juice is to restore Charizard Y's health. It would be great if you can post below if I should change the item to either life orb, leftovers, or something other than life orb and leftovers.

Arceus-Dark @ Leftovers
Mild Nature
- Foul Play
- Night Daze
- Shadow Ball
- Crunch​
I very recently added Arceus-Dark to my team. Why? Well, first, to easily KO ghost pokemon that are not effected by Shuckle's "Block" move. Also, Arceus-Dark is good because he can easily kill that evil little Gengar in very few hits. And, with Wonder guard, Arceus-Dark can only be damaged by super-effective moves. How great it that?!

===============================================================================================================
Yeah, the rest of the team is just Shuckle's. I might change the team a little, but for the most part, this is my official hackmons team. So what do you think of it? Any improvements?

Changes:

~Made Charizard have 252 in ALL of his stats
~Made Charizard have a modest nature
-Removed Solarbeam (from charizard y)
-Removes Flamethrower (from charizard y)
+Added Blue fare (charizard y)
+Added Boomburst (charizard y)
~Made ALL of the Shuckle's have 252 in all stats
-Removed one of the Shuckle's
+Added Arceus-Dark
~Made Shuckle AND Charizard have the "Wonder Guard" Ability.

Last edited:
Lonely Nature and 252 Atk EVs isn't the smartest of plans. Try either switching to a physical set or, my personal recommendation, put those Atk EVs into SpAtk and switch to a Modest Nature.

it might be helpful if you run 252 in all stats.https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/hackmons-xy.3500418/ thats the rules for hackmons. Also Ou sets tend not to be so good in hackmons. Aerialiate Char Y with BoomBurst and blueflare is a superior set. Berry Juice on Char is useless, run life orb instead.
Also you need more then just shuckle. You have no way to deal with PH setup sweepers. Try running so different sets besides just shuckle and char y. Remember you can use anything on any pokemon.

>berry juice zard y

this team needs work
severely

use lefties, or sitrus (much better than juice)
Okay, yeah, I was thinking of changing the idea but I didn't know what to change it to. Thanks!

Lonely Nature and 252 Atk EVs isn't the smartest of plans. Try either switching to a physical set or, my personal recommendation, put those Atk EVs into SpAtk and switch to a Modest Nature.
What physical set can you suggest? And I will consider improving the SpAtk

it might be helpful if you run 252 in all stats.https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/hackmons-xy.3500418/ thats the rules for hackmons. Also Ou sets tend not to be so good in hackmons. Aerialiate Char Y with BoomBurst and blueflare is a superior set. Berry Juice on Char is useless, run life orb instead.
Also you need more then just shuckle. You have no way to deal with PH setup sweepers. Try running so different sets besides just shuckle and char y. Remember you can use anything on any pokemon.
^ One of the most helpful posts so far

I actually never knew you could set 252 in all stats, thanks! I will do that ASAP. Also, I will see how good BoomBurst and Bluefare are and let you know if I add those moves! And I will see what a couple of other people think before I switch to a new item.

Why on earth is Shuckle Sturdy? Also, Charizard Y is just running a standard set. You can use any move and ability in Hackmons, if you didn't know that.

EDIT: Also, Block is outclassed by Spider Web, which has more PP.

The replay you posted didn't really showcase the team very well, since your opponent was using a team of level 90 bad Ubers movesets.

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Your Shuckle just won't work against anything with Magic Bounce. And they would be immune to ALL of Shuckle's moves, including Block. Even Pokemon without Magic Bounce might have Magic Coat, which has the same effect. And even if they have neither Magic Bounce nor Magic Coat, they might still have Substitute. Substitute still makes them immune to all of your moves and since Shuckle is so slow, they'll always be able to set up a Sub before you get to attack. Your Shuckle might work against a bad opponent, but a good opponent wouldn't fall for such a poor strategy.

Why does Charizard have Berry Juice? Why does it have Boomburst when a STAB Blue Flare does much more damage? Why does it have a weak move like Air Slash when there are a couple of more powerful options?

Arceus is a useful Pokemon, but not with the moves you gave it. Why do you need 4 Dark and Ghost moves, when 1 would be enough? Besides, you can't even beat one of the most common Ghost-types, which is Giratina.

252+ SpA Arceus-Dark Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 116-138 (23 - 27.3%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Arceus-Dark Foul Play vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Giratina: 164-194 (32.5 - 38.4%) -- 3.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Arceus-Dark Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Giratina: 174-206 (34.5 - 40.8%) -- 60.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Arceus-Dark Night Daze vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 186-218 (36.9 - 43.2%) -- 98.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

None of your attacks can beat Giratina in less than 2 hits, while Giratina can do something like Spore your Arceus and then kill it with Curse.

Overall, you should find 6 Pokemon that can actually do their job well, otherwise the only people you'll be able to beat are bad players. You can look up some effective Hackmons sets in this thread.

Your Shuckle just won't work against anything with Magic Bounce. And they would be immune to ALL of Shuckle's moves, including Block. Even Pokemon without Magic Bounce might have Magic Coat, which has the same effect. And even if they have neither Magic Bounce nor Magic Coat, they might still have Substitute. Substitute still makes them immune to all of your moves and since Shuckle is so slow, they'll always be able to set up a Sub before you get to attack. Your Shuckle might work against a bad opponent, but a good opponent wouldn't fall for such a poor strategy.

Why does Charizard have Berry Juice? Why does it have Boomburst when a STAB Blue Flare does much more damage? Why does it have a weak move like Air Slash when there are a couple of more powerful options?

Arceus is a useful Pokemon, but not with the moves you gave it. Why do you need 4 Dark and Ghost moves, when 1 would be enough? Besides, you can't even beat one of the most common Ghost-types, which is Giratina.

252+ SpA Arceus-Dark Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 116-138 (23 - 27.3%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Arceus-Dark Foul Play vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Giratina: 164-194 (32.5 - 38.4%) -- 3.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Arceus-Dark Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Giratina: 174-206 (34.5 - 40.8%) -- 60.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Arceus-Dark Night Daze vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 186-218 (36.9 - 43.2%) -- 98.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

None of your attacks can beat Giratina in less than 2 hits, while Giratina can do something like Spore your Arceus and then kill it with Curse.

Overall, you should find 6 Pokemon that can actually do their job well, otherwise the only people you'll be able to beat are bad players. You can look up some effective Hackmons sets in this thread.
I like your constructive criticism, but you aren't explaining how and what to do to improve the team. All you're saying is the bad things about my team, but how am I to improve it if you don't say how I can improve it? I can't change my team by what you said because, well, you didn't say what changes I could/should make.

Oh, and for all of your "why" questions in your paragraph 2, I say "Why not?"

Oh, and for all of your "why" questions in your paragraph 2, I say "Why not?"
This isn't really much of a response. In every case where he asked "Why?" there is a significantly better option you could have chosen.

In addition, Arceus-Dark isn't actually Dark-type unless it is given a Dread Plate and the ability Multitype. It is Normal-type.

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
1: um..... Arc-dark isn't dark type, as UselessCrab said before me
2: why are all of your members WG? Shuckle and Zard-Y share a common rock weakness.
2.5: use spider web > block. more PP
3: This team lacks:

• mold breaker
  • prankster
  • magic bounce
  • defog
  • perish songer / imposter / any filler
  • anything to counter Lati@s megas, Gengars, Mewtwos, etc etc etc
  • wait, 4 shuckles? just wait for me to set up stealth rock :/
  • 6 wonder guarders ._____________.
How to improve your team?

Try to add some of the things mentioned above. You definitely don't want 4 of the same pokemon, and you don't want 6 wonder guarders. You have exactly 0 counters to other common wonder guarders, and many of them run moves that could easily OHKO any one of your pokemon.

I agree 100% with Arkeis, as you could improve your team tons by looking at the Hackmons XY thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)