Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/76 Atk/180 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Ice Punch
I prefer this to the standard Mixpert, if only for Pert's higher attack than sp. attack. Setting up rocks is priority, but once rocks are set up, I can sweep. Stealth Rock is pretty much a given here, as is Waterfall. Pert is set on Impish to (obviously) raise my defense without lowering anything else that's actually necessary. Roar is there to get rid of anybody who would pose a threat to Pert, as well as to scout/spread rock damage. The EVs were taken off the site, although I don't see what the point of the 72 Speed EVs is. There really isn't anything important that it outspeeds with those EVs (I think), so I took them off and put them in attack.

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Def / 80 Sdef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Brick Break/Superpower
Not that standard anymore, SDScizor is still seriously awesome. It's still semi-standard, so there's litttle to no surprise, since people won't be expecting a CB after they get hit by LO recoil. As many of you know, the point of this set is to set up SD, then sweep with Bullet Punch or Brick Break/Superpower. Even if I can't set up SD, it still sweeps easily with LO and 130 base attack. Roost is another given, as Scizor likes the free recovery, without the problem of losing its flying abilities, as it isn't flying.

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Calm nature
EV’s: 204 HP/54 Sp.Att/252 Sp.Def
Surf
Toxic Spikes
Rapid Spin
HP [Electric]
I know that not every team needs a spinner, but this particular team is so Spikes/SR weak, that I think this particular team does. Rapid Spin is a given, that just might be why it's called a RAPID SPINNER. Toxic Spikes add to my SR support and really help any team that doesn't have a Status absorber. Surf provides nice STAB, and a second water move to compliment Pert. Aside from the STAB, it gives nice coverage against one of the most used special sweepers: Heatran. HP Electric, on the other hand, provides coverage against a very overused Physical Sweeper: Gyarados. It also provides semi-coverage against Mence and Nite.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP/212 Spd/44 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- HP [Ice]
- Fire Blast
- Substitute
This team was made in the age of Heatran, so it has SubTran to surprise people who think I'm running ScarfTran. SubTran still works, so I still use it. I'm thinking of turning it into a SpecsTran, because SpecsTran hits amazingly hard, but for now I'm keeping it a SubTran. Substitute is a given, one of which I seem to have on each Pokemon so far. I might change Flamethrower for Fire Blast, or Lava Plume, but Flamethrower still provides nice STAB, as well as higher PP (I have been PP stalled before) and higher accuracy. Earth Power counters other Tran, and HP Grass for bulky waters. I have Calm > Modest because SubTran is more of a tank than a sweeper.

Togekiss (M) @ Leftovers/Lum Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/104 Spd/152 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Nasty Plot
- Roost
Now this is my Special Sweeper. Coming off a base 120 Special Attack, It doesn't come close to needing full EVs, as its SP. Attack is now a grand total of 345. Roost is for restoring, even more helpful if Togekiss is running Lum Berry. The HP EVs help it survive some things that might OHKO otherwise. The speed EVs allow it to outrun Adamant Ttar so it doesn't end my sweep early. Nasty Plot can bring my SP. Atk up to amazingly high levels, allowing it to sweep with Air Slash and Aura Sphere. With 3 Nasty Plots up, Aura Sphere will deal 464-505 damage on WishBliss.

Salamence (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 129 HP/252 Atk/129 Spd
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Outrage
- Draco Meteor/Hydro Pump
Scarfmence is unexpected, and works awesomely. Comes in on your nice little DDMence or DDGyara, outspeeds, and OHKOS. With a scarf, Mence outspeeds ScarfTran, and can OHKO with Earthquake. I decided to give Mence Hasty > Naive, as its ability allows it to make up for its defense minus. Earthquake provides coverage against things like Metagross, Tentacruel, Heatran, Lucario, Heatproof Zong, etc. Fire Blast gets Metagross, Lucario, Levitate Zong, Mamoswine, Weavile, Celebi, etc. Outrage is awesome STAB, and can OHKO a lot of pokemon. I'm a bit hesitant to give it Draco Meteor, but I've had suggestions for both, and I want more advice on that.
EDITS IN RED

Desolate

Banned deucer.
Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 206 HP/252 Atk/52 Def
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Brick Break/Superpower
Consider ruling out the chance of Superpower. It will ruin a sweep and possible chances of defeating the opponent. Superpower isnt that great anyway, as Brick Break does the same thing but alittle less power at most. Also you might want to taking into consideration X-Scissor or Pursuit for switching into Psychic type pokemon that might want to do damage to your tentacruel.

- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Nasty Plot
- Roost
I doubt you will be able to Nasty Plot and get away with it, with decent HP (W/ Lum Berry) and a non-status condition (Leftovers).

On the Heatran, instead of HP Grass, consider making a Heatran with HP Ice. It deals off more pokemon with Ice over Grass, including Dragon types running Earthquake,
e.g; Salamence/Garchomp

Otherwise it is good, 4 out of 5 :]

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/76 Atk/180 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Waterfall
I prefer this to the standard Mixpert, if only for Pert's higher attack than sp. attack. Setting up rocks is priority, but once rocks are set up, I can sweep. Stealth Rock is pretty much a given here, as is Waterfall. Pert is set on Impish to (obviously) raise my defense without lowering anything else that's actually necessary. Roar is there to get rid of anybody who would pose a threat to Pert, as well as to scout/spread rock damage. The EVs were taken off the site, although I don't see what the point of the 72 Speed EVs is. There really isn't anything important that it outspeeds with those EVs (I think), so I took them off and put them in attack.

Waterfall really isnt that standard on Pert with 2 attacks. Since you opt for HP Grass on Heatran and HP Electric on Tentacruel I feel an ice attack can really help your teams type coverage. So try Ice Punch or Avalanche over waterfall and see how it goes. If it fits your style of play I think it would be a better choice.

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 206 HP/252 Atk/52 Def
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Brick Break/Superpower
Not that standard anymore, SDScizor is still seriously awesome. It's still semi-standard, so there's litttle to no surprise, since people won't be expecting a CB after they get hit by LO recoil. As many of you know, the point of this set is to set up SD, then sweep with Bullet Punch or Brick Break/Superpower. Even if I can't set up SD, it still sweeps easily with LO and 130 base attack. Roost is another given, as Scizor likes the free recovery, without the problem of losing its flying abilities, as it isn't flying. I might want to change the EV spread around a bit to survive some stuff that it normally wouldn't, help on that would be nice.

Use Superpower over Brick break.

If you want a more defensive EV spread, try 96 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Def / 80 Sdef. This is ballanced, if you want to take neutral special hits better shit over more to Sdef, and if you want more physical bulk shift the two 80's to Def.

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Calm nature
EV’s: 204 HP/54 Sp.Att/252 Sp.Def
Surf
Toxic Spikes
Rapid Spin
HP [Electric]
I know that not every team needs a spinner, but this particular team is so Spikes/SR weak, that I think this particular team does. Rapid Spin is a given, that just might be why it's called a RAPID SPINNER. Toxic Spikes add to my SR support and really help any team that doesn't have a Status absorber. Surf provides nice STAB, and a second water move to compliment Pert. Aside from the STAB, it gives nice coverage against one of the most used special sweepers: Heatran. HP Electric, on the other hand, provides coverage against a very overused Physical Sweeper: Gyarados. It also provides semi-coverage against Mence and Nite.

LOL tentacruel doesnt need rapid spin to be a spinner, it can still absorb toxic spikes.

This is good.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP/212 Spd/44 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- HP [Grass]
- Flamethrower
- Substitute

This team was made in the age of Heatran, so it has SubTran to surprise people who think I'm running ScarfTran. SubTran still works, so I still use it. I'm thinking of turning it into a SpecsTran, because SpecsTran hits amazingly hard, but for now I'm keeping it a SubTran. Substitute is a given, one of which I seem to have on each Pokemon so far. I might change Flamethrower for Fire Blast, or Lava Plume, but Flamethrower still provides nice STAB, as well as higher PP (I have been PP stalled before) and higher accuracy. Earth Power counters other Tran, and HP Grass for bulky waters. I have Calm > Modest because SubTran is more of a tank than a sweeper.

If you are going to use a calm nature then use Fire Blast over Flamethrow, I know the accuracy and PP really helps but the extra power helps you get out of some tough situations.

- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Nasty Plot
- Roost
Now this is my Special Sweeper. Coming off a base 120 Special Attack, It doesn't come close to needing full EVs, as its SP. Attack is now a grand total of 345. Roost is for restoring, even more helpful if Togekiss is running Lum Berry. The HP EVs help it survive some things that might OHKO otherwise. The speed EVs allow it to outrun Adamant Ttar so it doesn't end my sweep early. Nasty Plot can bring my SP. Atk up to amazingly high levels, allowing it to sweep with Air Slash and Aura Sphere. With 3 Nasty Plots up, Aura Sphere will deal 464-505 damage on WishBliss.

Beautiful. You might have problems against wishbliss as they lately, are often running toxic.

Salamence (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 129 HP/252 Atk/129 Spd
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Outrage
- Draco Meteor/Hydro Pump
Scarfmence is unexpected, and works awesomely. Comes in on your nice little DDMence or DDGyara, outspeeds, and OHKOS. With a scarf, Mence outspeeds ScarfTran, and can OHKO with Earthquake. I decided to give Mence Hasty > Naive, as its ability allows it to make up for its defense minus. Earthquake provides coverage against things like Metagross, Tentacruel, Heatran, Lucario, Heatproof Zong, etc. Fire Blast gets Metagross, Lucario, Levitate Zong, Mamoswine, Weavile, Celebi, etc. Outrage is awesome STAB, and can OHKO a lot of pokemon. I'm a bit hesitant to give it Draco Meteor, but I've had suggestions for both, and I want more advice on that.

Personally I like Draco Meteor over Hydro Pump for the ability to hit dragons withought being locked into outrage. But it can really go either way.

Overall very well planned team.

OK, made some changes. Still unsure about Superpower/Brick Break (thinking Brick Break for ScreenBreaking) and Draco Meteor/Hydro Pump (Leaning Hyrdro Pump, because it's scarf'd, and for Aerodactyl/Dugtrio coverage. Imagine being locked into Draco Meteor *shudder*)

Lava Plume seems better on your Heatran if you're running Sub. The burn will really help if you get lucky on a T-Tar switch in.

on a Scarf'd Mixmence i think Hydro Pump would be better both for coverage and power-wise. after all, you'd get locked into Draco, which would just be a waste compared to being locked into Outrage (at least with it you're hitting just as hard every time)

also, i suggest Brick Break on the Scizor for pretty much the same reason as i suggest Hydro Pump on Mixmence: power loss = BAD. Scizor may be able to boost it back up, but IMO it's just easier to keep your boosts and use a little weaker move in the long run

hope this helps, though all this is just my 2 cents lol

don't think you need ice punch on swampert and hp[ice] on heatran both, so i'd go waterfall on swampy, or back to grass on heatran, just IMO.

Also, how/where did you get that chart for weaknesses/resistances? That's pretty cool

OK, running Hydro Pump and Brick Break. I like HP [Grass] to kill Bulky Waters who try to break the sub, then OHKO.

@ piman34: I got it on Marriland, not linking it, because that's against the rules.

when running sd scizor never go superpower
its very redunant to get a swords dance then lose some of that attk.
if your going to run a special defensive heatran i would run toxic fire blast sub and earth power.
if you want to sweep with that id run sub life orb
irregardless (its a word)
good team man

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)