Rate my team. - Standard 1v1

Hello, I have made this team basically for sweeping. I plan on using a Dragonite to sweep other teams I do find online.

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Lax Nature (+Def, -SDef)
- Autotomize
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

Just planning to use this Forretress to set up some rocks and spikes, also be sure to remove any rocks/spikes against my team. That actually it for this pokemon.

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Dragon Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Earthquake
- Outrage

I do plan on using my Dragonite to sweep a whole team, if not, most of it since I do like posting videos related to sweeps on YouTube. I do use my DDance 3 times or 2 depending on what pokemon he sent out and use an outrage usually, or an extremespeed if I need to attack him fast. I do think I should replace my Leftovers with Lum Berry but I'm not actually sure.

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Def / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Toxic

I will actually use this Gliscor only to use the Swords Dance on it for 2 - 3 times and then using Baton Pass to switch out to my Dragonite to be able to continue my sweep. I did put the Toxic Orb since he does have Poison Heal which would give me a great opportunity to Swords Dance even more.

Conkeldurr (F) @ Flame Orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Facade
- Payback

Planning on using this as a backup Pokemon. So if my Dragonite dies I'll use this to continue sweeping his team. But I do think it should be Choice Scarfed instead of it having a Flame Orb? I'm not actually sure.

Jolteon (F) @ Absorb Bulb
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Yawn
- Work Up
- Baton Pass
- Substitute

I just need this to Work Up if my Gliscor dies, so this is a backup pokemon to increase attack stats and speed, and then Baton Pass to my D-nite or Conkeldurr.

Mamoswine (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Ice Shard
- Rock Slide
- Protect
- Earthquake

I need to use this if I'm against any Ghost-type or Dark-type Pokemon to inflict some damage on them if my Conkeldurr dies.

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hello and welcome to Smogon!

First off I suggest using a different set on Forretress. Using an EV spread of 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef Relaxed | 0 Speed IV with Volt Switch and Gyro Ball over Automize and Spikes. This gives you all around natural bulk with a solid enough attack to take out threats like Terrakion, along with Volt Switch to gain momentum. I also suggest using an Adamant nature on Dragonite to give it maximum power. Hardy is a terrible nature for any Pokemon, as it offers no bonuses. I also suggest trying a different set on Mamoswine. I feel a Life Orb set would be beneficial, as it gives you a strong Life Orb Ice Shard that can help revenge the new Therian Forms and Dragon threats like Latios and Salamence. I suggest trying Stone Edge and Icicle Crash over Rock Slide and Protect. A Jolly Nature gives you enough speed to outrun Jolly Breloom's Mach Punch.

I also notice how your Gliscor set is a bit inefficient for this type of team. I suggest going with the Standard Defensive set to help defeat Terrakion, Dragonite, and Salamence. A spread of 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe Impish Earthquake / Ice Fang / Substitute / Protect is good enough to tank many physical hits.

Now I really notice how you have a large weakness to Rotom-W, who can VoltTurn / Hydro Pump your entire team. To remedy this I suggest replacing Jolteon, who really doesn't have much purpose on the team and is really the weakest link. You also are weak to Thundurus - T and Tornadus - T, which also can wreck your team pretty hard. To remedy this I suggest trying out Specially Defensive Gastrodon to beat not only these threats, but more like Calm Mind Jirachi and Starmie.

Gastrodon @ Leftovers | Storm Drain
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

Good luck!

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi,

You've certainly got some weird sets here. If your goal is to use Dragonite to sweep, then your team is going to have to support it the best they can. Dragonite's counters- faster Dragons, Steel types, and priority users- all haved to be severely weakened or even KO'ed. That way, Dragonite can sweep as best he can. You have a lot of Baton Passers- and though it does help Dragonite set up, they're not as necessary as taking out counters- even if you get passed a few boosts, a counter is still a counter pretty much. Support should be most important.

In order to tackle Steel types such as Skarmory and Heatran, your team needs a solid Ground type- and you do- Gliscor. Instead of having it Baton Pass, change it's set to something that can aid Dragonite's sweep-

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Impish Nature, 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Taunt / Substitute / Earthquake / Toxic or Fire Fang

Gliscor is just the pokemon your team needs. It's EQ can take out a lot of the tiers prominent Steel types- Jirachi, Magnezone, and Heatran don't like taking EQs at all. The rest of the Steel types in the tier- Scizor, Forretress, Ferrothorn, and Skarmory- fall to Fire Fang, or Taunt. With a Toxic Orb and Poison Heal, it won't mind opposing status at all.

Next comes the job of managing faster Dragon types such as Latios or Scarf Haxorus. You have two great pokemon that can do this- Mamoswine and Forretress. However, you are not using them at full potential. Autotomize should not be used on Forretress, nor should Protect be used on Mamoswine. Here are some better sets:

Forretress @ Leftovers
Relaxed nature, 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Stealth Rock / Rapid Spin / Gyro Ball / Volt Switch

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Jolly nature, 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Ice Shard / Earthquake / Stone Edge / Icicle Crash

This Forretress steps up to the role of Dragon waller. It's phenominal defense and great typing mean that it will take hits for you all day. It can also set hazards, something that Dragonite loves- it helps beat Sashes and Sturdies, so Dnite can one shot everything when it sweeps. Rapid Spin is another great move- rempving the SR that Dragonite hates. Gyro Ball hits DDancers really hard, and Volt Switch is a great pivot move that can let you deal damage yet still get a teammate in scotch free.

Mamoswine's role should be to kill Dragons- it's massive attack stat and STAB Ice Shard will decimate opposing Dragons. Mamosine can also aid Gliscor in killing Steels- it's EQ is even stronger, and Icicle Crash will hit those that can take Ground type moves (Ferrothorn, Skarmory) hard. Stone Edge allows you to hit flying types like Tornadus-T or Salamence hard. However, Ice Shard/Icicle Crash is in general a better option.

Now that your team works together a bit better, I suggest you fix Jolteon's set a little bit. It's really susceptible to Taunt, and isn't really allowing Jolteon to do what it does best- revenge kill. Here's the set you want to use:

Jolteon @ Life Orb
Timid nature, 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Volt Switch / Thunderbolt / HP Ice / Shadow Ball

This Jolteon rounds off your team by sweeping the leftover weakened pokemon after Dragonite punches holes. It's massive speed and above average sp atk will prove great at cleaning up. Volt Switch allows it to act as a pivot, while Tbolt is the STAB move of choice- hitting Tornadus and water types hard. HP Ice rounds off coverage and nails Dragon types. Shadow Ball hits Gengar and Lati@s hard. Jolteon can also help Mamoswine and Forretress deal with Dragons- it can hit many Dragon types hard with HP Ice.

Nice team, hope I helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)