Rate My Trick Room Team

This is actually my first ever attempt at creating a team for serious battling.

I'm open to all suggestions.

Bronzong@Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP / 154 Atk / 8 Def / 96 SDef
-Gyro Ball
-Hypnosis
-Trick Room
-Earthquake

Bronzong can fight a lot of things well under Trick Room, and the opening of Hypnosis into Trick Room works wonders.

Slowbro@Leftovers
Ability: Own Temp
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 46 SAtk
-Surf
-Slack Off
-Trick Room
-Hidden Power: Electric

Slowbro can shrug off a lot of physical hits and counter many common physical sweepers with Surf. HP: Electric takes out Starmie and Gyarados.

Dusknoir@Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 182 SDef
-Ice Punch
-Will-O-Wisp
-Trick Room
-Pain Split

Dusknoir can punish a slow physical attacker after Trick Room and takes down lhefty pokémon with Pain Split. I'm not sure what elemental punch gives me the best type coverage here.

Rhyperior@Choice Band
Ability: Solid Rock
Nature: Brave
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Def
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Megahorn
-Hammer Arm

Rhyperior has a gigantic attack with this setup. Megahorn and Hammer Arm are for Cress and Bliss, while two STAB attacks form the majority of my offense.

Magnezone@Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 6 Def
-Thunderbolt
-Metal Sound
-Magnet Rise
-Hidden Power: Ice

Magnezone's special attack is nearly 400, and the bolt-beam combo goes a long way. Metal Sound is for walls.

Donphan@Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 Def
-Earthquake
-Rapid Spin
-Stealth Rock
-Ice Shard

This slot is open, for the moment. Donphan gives me a lot of options, with the ability to Rapid Spin and Stealth Rock.

It would be very helpful if people could identify some key threats that my team cannot handle.

Thanks in advance for any help you give me!

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
thats really tough to read just try this

pokemon@ item
{nature}
ability:
evs:
- move 1
- move 2
- move 3
- move 4

Comments

non of that bold and comments in brackets beside a move.

Although i wll fix your team up a little. Macho brace is completely useless on bronzong, give it leftovers. Give slowbro ice beam to take on garchomp. Give dusknoir trick room for the last move and thudnerpunch as its attacking move to take out gyarados, even consider droppin will-o-wisp and giving it fire punch for heracross. Double edge on marowak isnt doing anything EQ with STAB does more, give it stone edge or rock slide instead, and swords dance is fine. Give rhyperior a CB and avalance or ice punch.

Not too sure what to do with magnezone..

Thanks

Thanks a lot for your comments!

What should I take off of Rhyperior for Ice Punch? Should he just have four attack moves? I think I like Roar with Stealth Rock on Bronzong. Is Hypnosis much better?

Ash Borer

Yeah, i didnt notice how similar the two marowak and rhyperior are, give rhyerpior leftovers, and maybe ice punch over megahorn along with stealth rock in the last slot, hypnosis on bronzong is great for setting up trick room. Hp ice so gliscor doesnt have a fiel day with you, also for the ability to kill garchomp locked into outrage.

And with ice punch on rhyperior, hp grass seems good on magnezone.

Also, could I have some help choosing what nature to use? I know that it will be speed lowering, and for Marowak and Magnezone it's obvious. What about my defensive pokémon?

Trouble

I'm having trouble with Cresslia. The only option I've had so far is to Hypnosis it with Bronzong. But if it has Sleep Talk, or if someone else is asleep, I don't know what to do about it.
I could give Dusknoir Shadow Punch, but I'm not sure if that would even do enough damage. If I removed Thunder Punch, DDos would walk all over me, I think.

Yup

That's what I figured. Any suggestions on how to beat one?
Could Magnezone Metal Sound a few times?
Is Marowak useless because of Rhyperior? Should I just be using a better pokémon, like Tyranitar?

Also, I just got destroyed by a Wish passing Umberon, though I think that might be because I don't know what I'm doing.

I've removed Marowak completely and filled his role in with Rhyperior. Also, I added Porygon-Z for the late game when I don't have the time or health to Trick Room.

I'd like to fit Stealth Rock in here somewhere, but that seems unlikely.

Ok, Being a Trick Room fanatic, I think 3 TR pokes are abit too much, Trick Room pokemon are study enough to go 2nd if need be and by the time you allow you're 2nd Trick Roomer fall you'll be able to stand on you're own two feet.

If you decide to remove a Trick Roomer, I'd suggest putting in Machamp for Rhyperior to give a secondary dark resist which is very important for TR teams and to cover Cresselia put in Scizor.

Hmmm...

I could see removing Trick Room, but I like Slowbro / Dusknoir / Bronzong. They all work very well under Trick Room and aren't too bad without it. I could remove Trick Room from one of them to add an extra attack or support move, though.

Also, I'm not sure about Swords Dance on Rhyperior, as it might be too slow.

Aye, they all do. if you do remove one of them from TR using.

I suggest Slowbro and give him HP Elec. If not with Dusknoir I suggest using Destiny Bond, seeing how you are going first you might be able to drag one of those to the netherworld

Move Suggestions

What if I were to give Slowbro HP: Electric and Dusknoir Will-O-Wisp in place of Thunder Punch? Slowbro would become my Gyarados counter and Dusknoir would get a nice move to hit the physical guys.

I will suggest Camerupt, Metagross or Machamp as the 6th

Camerupt @ Wise Glasses
Quiet
160 HP/96 ATK/252 Sp. Atk
-Explosion (For Blissey)
-Eruption
-Earth Power
-HP Grass/Elec

Metagross @ Leftovers
Quiet
252 Atk/252 Sp. Atk/6 Def
- HP Fire
- Meteor Mash
- EQ
- Grass Knot

Magnezone@Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 6 Def
-Thunderbolt
-Metal Sound
-Magnet Rise
-Hidden Power: Ice

Magnezone has a beastly SAtk and enough resists to stay in after Trick Room ends. Quite reliable!
Sub > metal sound for tanking with magrise. Charge beam > t-bolt if you still wanna get some boosts. A SE hidden power (dark, bug) could help kill cress, but grass is probably the best.

Sub > metal sound for tanking with magrise. Charge beam > t-bolt if you still wanna get some boosts. A SE hidden power (dark, bug) could help kill cress, but grass is probably the best.
wtf are you talking about?
Metal Sound, the thing you suggested to take out beats Cress

and should I mention that a neutral Thunderbolt does more damage than super effective Hidden Power.

Ash Borer

wtf are you talking about?
Metal Sound, the thing you suggested to take out beats Cress

and should I mention that a neutral Thunderbolt does more damage than super effective Hidden Power.

grounds pokemon, along with salamence.

DUMBSHIT

Did you notice?

I have HP: Ice. That handles ground pokémon fairly well.

Should Dusknoir have two elemental punches? I'd get rid of WoW for Fire Punch, probably.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)