So this is an NU team that I've compiled so here it is:

Cloyster@Leftovers/Shell Armor

Bold/Relaxed

EVs:252 HP/252 Sp. Def./6 Sp. Atk.

-Spikes/Toxic Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Ice Beam
-Surf/Explosion

This is my standard spiking/spinning Cloyster for my team, I've been using Surf over Explosion but was thinking since I had Ice Beam that pretty much covers the same stuff as Surf besides grass types I would switch it for Explosion.

Muk@Black Sludge

Sticky Hold/Careful

EVs:252 HP/80 Def./176 Sp. Def.

-Curse
-Poison Jab
-Brick Break/Ice Punch
-Explosion/Shadow Sneak/Rest

This is the standard Curse Muk, I've been using Shadow Sneak but I think that it's too weak, even after 3 Curses it barely KO's anything.

Girafarig@Choice Scarf

Early Bird/Timid/Modest

EVs:4 HP/252 Sp. Atk./252 Spd.

-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-HP Fighting
-Thunderbolt/Energy Ball

Standard Choice Scarf Giraffe set, I haven't found it to be too useful as of late, so replacement choices are welcome.

Granbull@Choice Band

Intimidate/Adamant

EVs: 172 HP/252 Atk./16 Def./12 Sp. Def./56 Spd.

-Return/Body Slam
-Close Combat
-Crunch
-EQ/Ice Fang

CB Granbull that does his job, even being able to KO a reflected Tyranitar with Close Combat, so you know it's strong. This is meant to be a lead as well.

Chatot@Choice Specs

Tangled Feet/Timid/Modest

EVs: 252 Sp. Atk./252 Spd./4 Sp. Def.

-Chatter
-Hyper Voice
-HP Ground/Fighting
-U-Turn/Sing

Standard Choice Specs Chatot set, it's gotten a few KO's in the battles I've fought so far but, I was thinking of putting Carnivine here for the subseed set?

Cradily@Leftovers

Impish/Bold

EVs: 252 HP/252 Def./4 Sp. Def.

-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Toxic/Stockpile
-EQ/Grass Knot/Ancientpower

I run Toxic and Grass Knot for both stalling and grass knot for an actual attack and plus I didn't have any grass attacks, also thinking of replacing him for something else as he has only gotten one KO in all the matches I've had.

Aggron
Ampharos
Arbok
Ariados
Armaldo
Articuno
Bastiodon
Beautifly
Beedrill
Bellossom
Bibarel
Butterfree
Cacturne
Camerupt
Carnivine
Castform
Chatot
Cherrim
Chimecho
Clamperl
Cloyster
Corsola
Cradily
Crawdaunt
Delcatty
Delibird
Dewgong
Ditto
Dodrio
Dunsparce
Dustox
Exploud
Farfetch'd
Fearow
Flareon
Furret
Girafarig
Glalie
Golduck
Golem
Granbull
Grumpig
Gorebyss
Hitmonchan
Huntail
Illumise
Kecleon
Kingler
Ledian
Linoone
Lumineon
Lunatone
Luvdisc
Luxray
Magcargo
Masquerain
Mawile
Mightyena
Minun
Mothim
Mr. Mime
Muk
Noctowl
Octillery
Pachirisu
Parasect
Pelipper
Phione
Pidgeot
Pikachu
Plusle
Politoed
Purugly
Quagsire
Qwilfish
Raichu
Raticate
Relicanth
Sableye
Sandslash
Seaking
Seviper
Shedinja
Shiftry
Shuckle
Skuntank
Solrock
Spinda
Stantler
Sudowoodo
Sunflora
Swalot
Trapinch
Torkoal
Tropius
Unown
Victreebel
Vigoroth
Vespiquen
Volbeat
Wailord
Walrein
Wigglytuff
Whiscash
Wormadam (all forms)
Xatu

Also that's the list that I have to choose Pokemon from as this is for an NU tournament, so rate away:)

First of all Cradily, Muk and Granbull being NU makes no sense at all, but whatever...

I want to know the strategy and thought behind your team. I don't like rating nor seeing teams of 6 Pokemon that are called a ''team'', so what's your strategy and thought? This team seems rather mish-mash and awfully vulnerable to any team that specializes in something. As I just said, I'll rate it once you get the strategy and thought out. Don't worry, I'm not an elitist or anything I just don't see the point in rating random teams (although rating bog-standard teams is even more pointless, but people keep posting them...).

My strategy is to lead off with Granbull to get the opponents' lead intimidated or if that doesn't work then I'll just use whatever is super effective or most effective against the opponent at the time to hopefully get a KO which more than likely, he does. Cloyster is my bulky counter to Primeape and such and he can even survive a Close Combat from Primeape to at least get one layer of Spikes down, but usually I opt for Surf as it usually OHKOs a full health Primeape. Muk and Chatot are just there for sweeping purposes and Muk requires some set up time which isn't very often in the battles I've had which is why I try and force switches kind of with Granbull and his Intimidate or just for his general destruction. Chatot in all of the matches I've had has had Sing miss many times and he can get KOs with his moves. Cradily is just for some more bulk and stalling which he can't really do well when the likes of Primeape are around. Girafarig is just there for a little out of the ordinary and to absorb sleep with his amazing ability in Early Bird, he's even gotten a surprise KO on the opponent due to this ability. So that's my whole thought process and strategy when using this team and, yes I did mention Primeape some in this post as he is a major threat as he can usually take down 3 members of my team before I manage to KO him, the Choice Scarf version in particular.

How on Earth is Stantler NU? He's like he Togekiss of UU! And, what's the deal with Raichu, Aggron, Cacturne, and a few others being NU? That's messed up.

To the team...3 Choicers isn't that great, assuming you will be switching them out, and all you have defensively is Cradily and (pfft) Cloyster to take hits. You might want to replace Girafarig or Chatot with Golduck to counter weather.

Although I AM glad to see this, I must say that there is little to no point in making one of these at the moment since many things will be promptly banned after the testing begins, such as Muk, Granbull and many which are not on your team (Gorebyss, Hitmonchan, Qwilfish) which would give you a far greater range of options when making your team.

However, if I were to base myself on the current list, I see special threats such as CM Grumpig, LO NP Plusle (although Girafarig can revenge-kill it) or Gorebyss give you many troubles (which is not to worry at all, since there are hardly any counters to them and they will therefore be moved up).

Other than that it is a good team, I find a spinner disposable since SR is likely to get banned anyways (I don't think Cloyster will at all, however) and I am glad that I am not alone on this cause. The problem is there are still many "ifs" and patience is required at the point.

How on Earth is Stantler NU? He's like he Togekiss of UU! And, what's the deal with Raichu, Aggron, Cacturne, and a few others being NU? That's messed up.

To the team...3 Choicers isn't that great, assuming you will be switching them out, and all you have defensively is Cradily and (pfft) Cloyster to take hits. You might want to replace Girafarig or Chatot with Golduck to counter weather.
I'm just posting the list that was given to me of all the legal pokes that, I guess, are considered right now to be NU but will probably be up in UU/kicked out of NU tier. Thanks for the suggestions.

Although I AM glad to see this, I must say that there is little to no point in making one of these at the moment since many things will be promptly banned after the testing begins, such as Muk, Granbull and many which are not on your team (Gorebyss, Hitmonchan, Qwilfish) which would give you a far greater range of options when making your team.

However, if I were to base myself on the current list, I see special threats such as CM Grumpig, LO NP Plusle (although Girafarig can revenge-kill it) or Gorebyss give you many troubles (which is not to worry at all, since there are hardly any counters to them and they will therefore be moved up).

Other than that it is a good team, I find a spinner disposable since SR is likely to get banned anyways (I don't think Cloyster will at all, however) and I am glad that I am not alone on this cause. The problem is there are still many "ifs" and patience is required at the point.
Well this team is just made to test stuff in the NU tournament and then proceed to ban the things to UU if they are to strong for NU.

@Salem: Will be looking forward to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)