Rate This Team, Please!

I wanted to see how good this OU team is. Please leave comments and suggestions. Also please say which of the natures or etc. are best for the pokemon. Please do not give any team members the same item.

Politoed- 252 HP, 128 Defense, 128 Special Defense
Ability- Drizzle
Nature- Bold/Calm
Moves- Scald, Encore, Toxic, Ice Beam/Substitute
Item- Shed Shell/Eject Button

This guy is used just for setting up the drizzle I need to sweep or wall out the opposing team. He has Scald because of its good power and STAB and chance of burning the opponent. This makes it harder to take down. Encore is to make people regret using a move like torment or something. Toxic is to help wear down the opponent if Scald can't do it alone. And finally Ice Beam to provide some more type coverage. I was thinking about Substitute or some other convenient move for Politoed. The Eject Button could get rid of him right away for another Pokemon of mine to start walling/sweeping. Shed Shell is to escape the nasty effects of taunt and mean look. However, normally I would just send him out first to start the rain and swap him out as soon as possible. Any suggestions on him are very helpful.

Vaporeon- 252 HP, 252 Special Defense, 4 Defense
Ability- Hydration
Nature- Sassy/Calm/Bold/Relaxed
Moves- Rest, Scald, Acid Armor, Yawn/Wish/Aqua Ring
Item- Leftovers/Shed Shell

Now him, it doesn't get any better than him. First, I use Acid Armor and if needed, I use rest or use acid armor again. Rest and Hydration in rain is evil. Better yet, status is the main thing walls have trouble handling, but Hydration takes care of that too. I max out my Defense with Acid Armor and keep using rest and scald. Not to mention, the chance of scald burning them along with Vaporeon's already good special defense and great HP along with +6 Defense and a burn on the opponent makes him the greatest of mixed walls. However, I was thinking about the last move. I am totally lost on it and any suggestions for that would be great. Finally, I was thinking about the leftovers to slowly restore health for the smaller hits. If not, maybe Shed Shell to evade mean look and taunt.

Toxicroak- 252 HP, 128 Defense, 128 Special Defense
Ability- Dry Skin
Nature- Adamant/Impish/Careful/Jolly
Moves- Drain Punch, Substitute, Sucker Punch, Bulk Up
Item- Black Sludge

He is a mega bulky tank. With Dry Skin and the weather in his favor along with good HP and Black Sludge, he is a monster in battle. With his access to bulk up and the constant restoration he gets along with drain punch and fairly bulky substitutes, there is nothing there to stop him. As for those inconvenient frail, fast, and powerful sweepers like Gengar or Alakazam, Sucker Punch gets rid of them. And I may have forgot to tell you, but all the moves that have low PP, I am PP maxing. So he will have a few Drain Punches and Sucker Punches to use.

Volcarona- 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Ability- Flame Body
Nature- Modest/Timid
Moves- Thunder, Hurricane, Psychic, Flamethrower/Fiery Dance
Item- Choice Scarf/Choice Specs

Man, this is probably my favorite kind of rain sweeper. With access to Hurricane and Thunder, which have perfect accuracy in rain, along with amazing special attack and great speed, Volcarona is perfect for messing with opponents. Hurricane and Thunder are self explanatory. Psychic is for coverage in a situation going not exactly as planned. Flamethrower or Fiery Dance might seem useless, but their purpose is to take care of steel type walls, and more importantly, to get rid of those pesky Pokemon trying to change the weather. I don't know between Fiery Dance or Flamethrower because Fiery Dance raises stats very conveniently but Flamethrower has more power and can get me out of a tight spot. I also don't know if I want scarf or specs. Specs takes care of things for good but scarf helps outspeed things.

Alakazam- 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Ability- Magic Guard
Nature- Modest/Timid
Moves- Psyshock, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball/Focus Blast
Item- Life Orb

With Magic Guard, he cannot even be touched by anything but damage dealing moves, making Alakazam evade the dreaded effects of taunt and encore. The opponent will unexpectedly take advantage of Alakazam's normal incapability to handle conditions and will try to cripple it with condition moves. Psyshock is to take care of Blissey. Along with this ability and Psyshock, not even the pink monster that is Blissey can stand a chance. All the other moves are simply for coverage of different types. Rather than giving it a scarf or specs, I chose the life orb so that it doesn't have to be locked in with any of its moves. And Life Orb recoil with something like this isn't bad at all. Besides, I need a few backup Pokemon in case something goes wrong.

Zangoose- 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Ability- Toxic Boost
Nature- Adamant/Jolly
Moves- Swords Dance, Close Combat, Facade, Shadow Claw
Item- Toxic Orb
OR
Scizor- 252 Attack, 252 HP, 4 Defense
Ability- Technician
Nature- Naughty
Moves- Bullet Punch, U-Turn, Night Slash, Brick Break
Item- Choice Band

Zangoose with the Toxic Orb and Toxic Boost is pretty self-explanatory. Swords Dance can boost attack by even more, to make it a great wall breaker. Facade with a Pokemon that has a status condition along with great attack thanks to toxic boost and STAB. Close Combat is for brute force to take down steel, rock, and dark types. Finally, there is Shadow Claw to take care of ghost types Close Combat and Facade can't hit.

Then there is my Naughty Scizor with maxed out attack, 394. He has Bullet Punch because of the unstoppable power of Techinician STAB priority choice band maxed out attack Bullet Punch. U-Turn is to switch out from walls or other things that Scizor had accidentally switched into. Night Slash is simply type coverage along with good power and the chance of a critical hit. Finally, Brick Break is for other steel types that may annoy Scizor.

Thank you so much for reading this strategy and rating it. Any feedback is very much appreciated.

Tornadus-T along with thunderus-T can pretty much wreck your team.
You dont have entry hazards which i wont complain about but volt-turn teams are likely to be a problem.Try running jirach with set.

Jirachi @ Leftovers Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Body Slam
- Wish
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head

this atleast gives you stealth rocks as a form of entry hazards and also deals with tornadusT and thundurus-T as they wont like to get paralyzed from body slam.

Bulky Dragonite can cause you alot of problems.Actually dragons in general cause you a problem with your current team as you dont have a steel type(You have not decided on either zangoose or scizor) and no real way to deal with scarfed mence scarfed latios and bulky DD dragonite.I want to know what the objective of your team is appart from winning and the ways you do it.How does each pokemon contribute to the other members.There is more but i want you to fix the problems with your layout first and like Lord Venomoth said change the way you present your pokemon.

Looking for to check this thread again.GL

ganj4lF

Nobody is safe from the power of science!
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Besides the lack of sprites, that are recommended, and the poor presentation, some of your sets just don't make sense. Also please try to include less slashes the next time, with all those uncertainty it's hard to rate your team.

Volcarona in Rain is awesome, but resorting to both Thunder and Hurricane while forgoing your Bug STAB is a horrible idea, since Tyranitar can switch on you all day long and take whatever you throw at him. Thunder and Hurricane will experience an accuracy drop of 30%, Psychic does nothing, and Flamethrower/Fire coverage is resisted. Also, not using Quiver Dance on Voclarona is not a good idea, since you can find many other, better special attackers. Dragonite is bulkier, and can use Thunder and Hurricane together, too. Genesect can be incredibly fast with a Choice Scarf, or just incredibly powerful with a boosting item (Expert Belt, Life Orb) and Download, and can fire off Thunders as well. Also, both of them aren't murdered so hard by Stealth Rock, while Volcarona loses 50% health while switching into it. If you want to use Volcarona in Rain, just try the Rain set onsite (o a slight variation), that still lets you fire off Hurricanes, while granting you a boosting move and a way to go past Tyranitar with a Bug STAB.

@ Leftovers / Life Orb
Modest Nature
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane

Playing Toxicroak as a tank may have its merits, but not investing into Attack at all means everything (literally) with a phazing move can come in and Whirlwind / Roar you away. Try to remove those defensive EVs and use a spread of 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def and an Adamant nature with the same moveset, that at least lets you hit harder and avoids the ridiculous situation of Heatran coming in and phazing you while you only deal 75% max to a Specially Defensive variant...

While your Alakazam set can be good (although I would suggest a slight variaton of its moveset: Psyshock | Shadow Ball | Focus Blast | HP Ice, I can see marginal utility in Thunderbolt to check Gyarados but still think that Ice coverage is better for all those Dragons, and Landorus / Gliscor), but it absolutely need a Timid nature. Using a Modest nature takes away the main attractiveness of Alakazam, being fast and hitting hard, and enables things like Latios, Terrakion, Keldeo and anything over 105 base Speed to outpace you, which is VERY bad. Alakazam cannot take hits at all, and without Focus Sash you'll be OHKO'd by almost everything.

Zangoose is just bad in OU, its stats and typing are much inferior to Scizor and many other attackers that cover similar roles. Scizor is a good improvement, although I would advice a general rebuilding of your team before thinking about what sweeper to use. You have a number of weaknesses that need to be addressed:
- all of your pokemon are grounded, Spikes and boosted Ground moves will hurt,
- strong Electric attackers can literally tear your team down, LO Thundurus absolutely destroys you after Alakazam is gone,
- you have no answer for opposing Tornadus-T that will tear down your team in conjunction with something that can kill Vaporeon,
- you lack a Stealth Rock user, which is vital to whittle down opposing pokes and to allow your sweepers to have an easier life while doing their job.

A good idea could be Specially Bulky Rotom-W, that stops Tornadus cold, can take a Thunder from Scarf Thundurus-T and retaliate, and is not too concerned with opposing Spikes / Toxic Spikes. Also, a Grass pokemon will add some protection from Ground and Electric attacks; Celebi or Amoonguss can be good candidates.
@ Leftovers
252 HP / 32 SpA / 220 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Not adding specific sets for Amoonguss or Celebi since they can be tailored to suit your needs best. For example, if you need a Stealth Rock setter, Celebi can do that.

I hope my comments don't look too harsh to you. Good luck with the team!

Thanks for the help. I might use the Jirachi, and Dragonite is actually a much better idea than Volcarona because it has access to a great set of Multiscale with Dragon Dance and access to Roost and is not slaughtered by stealth rock, though Volcarona with a bug type move and quiver dance would work. Also, putting attack investments in to Toxicroak is a really good idea. I could use my Gengar with Destiny Bond, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, and HP Fighting and a Focus Sash to make up for avoiding spikes. Unfortunately, I got an Adamant Rotom, which won't get me far. I might try Toxic Orb with Poison Heal Breloom or just plain mean Celebi. A lot of good suggestions here. Thanks for your help.

does volcarona get thunder? as far as I know, the only thing that has access to thunder and hurricane is dragonite.

there is no point in using modest for alakazam. rather say latios if using modest.

there are better rain abusers than zangoose, like scizor, raikou and roserade-which can ohko h252 politoed and ttar with leaf storm, and gets weather ball

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)