RBY/GSC/Adv analysis quality audit.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Before the site comes back up, we can take the opportunity to do a quality audit on our old analyses. Part of this includes making sure all the syntax is correct, everything is wrapped in paragraph tags, evs are in the right format, etc. The other part is giving them a sanity-check on reading and making sure that the sets actually make sense, etc.

Sign up in this topic for a bunch of analysis (ie aipom - electabuzz, Advance), and then do them. Try to do them ASAP after you sign up for them because the sooner this is done the sooner the site can launch. It's also okay to double up, the more eyes reading these over the better.

Analyses are located at:
http://www.smogon.com/_analyses/rs/
http://www.smogon.com/_analyses/gs/
http://www.smogon.com/_analyses/rb/

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
i'll do some gsc stuff. i'll take aerodactyl through..let's say ho-oh.

i'll also go through all of rby if people want. my cable is out and my roommate is going away for a week, so what else am i going to do aside from drinking a lot? hah.

edit2: also, I was going back through some stuff i did, and I was thinking I could revamp the RBY UU Guide and GSC UU Guide that I did as well as some other stuff if chaos and Justin are ok with it. maybe havoc could have a lookthrough at the gsc stuff i wrote up too. your call.

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
ideally we'd want 1-2 people for RBY, 2-3 people for GSC, and 3-4 people for Advance... honestly I think it's best to split it up by metagame (except maybe in RBY's case), because it's best if the reviewer has a sense of familiarity with the Pokemon audited. I mean, I could spend a day and look through these things for simple grammar and such, but we also need people to check if the sets are still relevant.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Right. If you're taking stuff by alphabet, be sure to post here after you're done (or while you're working) if there are any pokemon you don't feel perfectly fine analyzing in terms of sets.

I can do whatever you guys want me to with Advance, although it's likely I'm not going to be around a lot until Wednesday due to work.

If you guys want me to do something assign me, otherwise I'll see if anything is left after my string of massive shifts is over.

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
question. i don't have access to stuff, so how do i keep track of changes that i make? should i just make a word document and send it along to chaos?

Surgo

goes to eleven
Copy/Paste analyses you change before you change them, zip them up, send to me. I'll diff them. Try to make them plaintext files instead of word files.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
what do you mean you dont have access? if you have access to this forum, you have access to the scms.

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
ok, will do, thanks surgo. just an update, i'm about halfway through the RBY analyses. For the most part they're grammatically correct and the information is good. the RBY metagame hasn't changed much (if at all) since those were written, but i've still tweaked 2 or 3 up to this point.

what do you mean you dont have access? if you have access to this forum, you have access to the scms.
sorry. i do have access to those analyses, but what i meant was that I dont think i can physically edit them myself-i have to provide you with any edits i make (unless i can and just don't know how, which is a likely scenario). sorry for the confusion.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
anyone can edit anything. it has to be approved by a site staff member before its shown on the site, but anyone can edit anything.

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Once you've cleaned it up and edited it, just go to the SCMS (http://www.smogon.com/site), click the appropriate gen under *STRATEGIES*, click the Pokemon, paste the analysis, and click "Submit Query". It will be ready when the site goes live.

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
phew...ok. i went through all of rby. in total i cleaned up 11 analyses. Mostly for horrid spelling mistakes that slipped through the cracks i guess. some others for updating a tad on the metagame (like mentioning agility+wrap for dragonite and how cloyster has become a popular counter for tauros-which wasn't previously mentioned). i'll go and submit them right now with misty's directions. i'll start on the gsc stuff tomorrow most likely.

edit: im also gonna edit the UU guides that i did a while back. for both rby and gsc. rby i posted in the contributions forum, but it was cluttered and too long. gsc i had pm's with mekkah about but i got lazy and never stayed on top of it. i'll finish both of them off so they can be ready to do for the relaunching if they are needed.

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
shit, I wanted to do RBY...

gp, pm me about gsc, I'll help you out with those if need be.

I can also adv maybe.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
well, generally RS and RBY are the only ones I'll be comfortable editing... and RBY seems to be covered. I'll work on RS this afternoon (it's 9:00am right now)

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Anyone with a badge is able to edit... as chaos said earlier. If you don´t feel confident in your pokemon know-how, then don´t edit... but you really can´t mess anything up since everything you do will have to be ok´d by a site staff member... so go for it!

chaos

Owner
oh man, why does everyone think they cant access the scms? i encouraged everyone who could access this forum to make changes because they would have to be approved. i'll have to update the scms tutorial's title to YES, EVEN YOU CAN ACCESS IT

chaos

Owner
if you're doing shit like rby please remove SET attributes which do not apply:

item:
trait:
personality:
evs:
dvs:

etc

gs doesnt have evs, dvs or personality either

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
haha, sorry about that chaos. all of those were listed in the forms that i copy and pasted so i figured even though there was nothing to fill in, they still needed to be there. oops. and, altmer, i'll pm you about gsc.

edit: chaos, i noticed you fixed the stuff for charizard, but not the rest-do not fear, i just did it for you. everything should be good with rby analyses now.

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
wait, another question. should i have uploaded just the edits, or do all the analyses need to be uploaded regardless? that may be a dumb question, haha. i only uploaded edits. if everything needs to be uploaded, i can finish that off after work as well. and the gsc stuff will be done by tonight most likely. altmer and i have divided it up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)