Regenerator

Kojondo's main problems though are it's weakness to ghosts (It doesn't have many ways to deal with them) and the fact that it has no way to boost it's own speed (at 105 it's fast, but not fast enough)
Well, you'd hope that you would scarf it if you can but you'd probably want to pair Kojondo up with something that has pursuit to take care of the ghosts. You could also try out trickery (kojondo's special attack is pretty good)

Scarfing any fighting type is risky now with shadow tag Shandera floating about though. And personally I'd prefer to go with life orb or subsalacc.

Scarfing any fighting type is risky now with shadow tag Shandera floating about though. And personally I'd prefer to go with life orb or subsalacc.
U turn?

To get back on topic with regeneration I love the ability. It gives room for error with the pokemon that use them. So if you make a mistake and end up losing a bit of hp no worries. You'll get it all back anyway :D

I don't think you'll be using u-turn if you're scarfed, especially if you just KOed something with a hi-jump kick. :/

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
actualy I would run U-turn on a scarf Set. You outrun quite a few things, can get a light hit on something and then switch out getting a 30% healing boost. Once the opponents team has been scouted and the ghost types eliminated you can start spamming HJK with little fear.

Tell me what the draw back with U-turn on a scarf set please

I think u turn on a scarf set is essential actually. Otherwise shandereaa comes in, sub cms up to +6 wreaks your team. at worst, shanderaa revenges your pokemon with no dammage done to anything on shanderaa's team.

Konjondo can baton pass bulk up, calm mind, cheer-up and swords dance...it gets taunt too.
Wow, that could make it a supreme baton passer. Essentially you could jack up on defense, pass to Kojondo, pass again and then after more boosting pass back to Kojondo for the attack boosts, taking advantage of 33% health returned to you.

I was already excited about Tangrowth potentially going OU simply because it shapes as one of the best stops to Doryuuzu and co. Tangrowth's beastly physical defense combined with this lets it take even boosted physical hits pretty easily.
It helps Slowbro quite a bit as well.

Slowbro with Regeneration, that thing is just immortal.
And Tangrowth will appreciate it too. ^^
Hope Tabunne learn Softboiled or something for instant Recovery...

Tbh Tangrowth will love this ability, especially sun sweeper sets that use coverage > Synthesis. Slowbro doesn't really need this ability since it has Slack Off (which heals more), but I'm really interested in how Regeneration works with Pursuit: does it heal first or Pursuit first?
I don't see Tangrowth sweeping too much without its Chlorophyll ability.

This is a pretty nifty ability though - great for defensive cores.

Scarf kojondo= flygon, but better?
It can take a hit and use hjk or something and switch in and uturn out until it has enough health to take another hit. just theorymoning

I'd be curious to try out a life orb Kojondo despite its okay speed. fake out, then either u-turn or if you can stay in and KO with high jump kick or something and then u-turn out. That way you regenerate back the life orb damage. Unfortunately its a bit of a risk for speed as I mentioned but meh, just sayin'

Morobareru could last for a while, with solid bulk (114/70/80), decent defensive typing (resists water, electric, grass, fighting, weak to fire, ice, flying, psychic) and besides this move, it also gets synthesis (w/Drought Ninetails maybe?), giga drain (+growth power ups), and Ingrain (though it obviously wouldn't combo with Regeneration), along with Spore of course.

Though this with U-turn (and his speed and attack) definitely makes Kojondo's frailty a bit less of a problem.

Ho-oh: Why Gamefreak, why did you make Stealth Rock...I'm ruined :(

Gamefreak: Lol fine, we'll let you learn Brave Bird.

Ho-oh: That's all? Ok, now I can actually threaten more things, but dammit this still isn't fair.

Gamefreak: Ok we'll give you a bitchin' new ability to give you some health back.

Ho-oh: Still doesn't make up for Stealth Rock, but it's pretty nifty nonetheless. Now I can be an awesome hit-and-run attacker as well as a LO-Roost user.

Slowbro will love this ability! However it would make something like calm mind sets less viable though, if he's going to be switching every second turn. It would be awesome to see everyone using slowbro in OU.

Ho-oh: Still doesn't make up for Stealth Rock, but it's pretty nifty nonetheless. Now I can be an awesome hit-and-run attacker as well as a LO-Roost user.
would that be with brave bird/scared fire? maybe like someone said above Recover.

Damn this is such an awesome ability. This can really promote defensive pivoting since their are very little drawbacks. I can see this working very well with Choice sets (scarf sets as well but some Regeneration pokemon are slow). As meantioned above Ho-Oh will love this.
Pivoting...

i agree though. Promotes switching, counteracting Stealth Rocks' punishment against switching.

Ho-oh: Why Gamefreak, why did you make Stealth Rock...I'm ruined :(

Gamefreak: Lol fine, we'll let you learn Brave Bird.

Ho-oh: That's all? Ok, now I can actually threaten more things, but dammit this still isn't fair.

Gamefreak: Ok we'll give you a bitchin' new ability to give you some health back.

I believe Ho Oh lost Roost in the 5th Gen. Still gets Recover so it isn't all bad. Plus Nitro Charge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)