Research Week #9 - Lampent, Simipour, Eelektross, Beheeyem

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
As I requested Beheeyem, that will be the pokemon I'll be using ;D
Fresh Alt: Slendernigga <-Inside joke between ShadowAbra, Trop, and I
Pokemon Used: Beheeyem

I tried it before and the set I went with was 252 HP / 252 SAtk with Lefties Nasty Room / Psyshock / Hidden Power Ice
This was because of Psychic- and Ice-type moves having decent coverage, Psyshock for Lickilicky and HP Ice for Tangela and Eggy back when SpecsEggy was everywhere. I'm not a huge fan of Nasty Room with LO, though I do remember that SpecsEggy gets OHKOed by +2 LO Psychic after Rocks which is nice I guess. Anyways, Special walls such as Altaria, Lickilicky, and Flareon can't stand up to +2 Beheeyem using my set, even if I'm without Life Orb. Altaria gets killed by HP Ice, Flareon OHKOed by Psyshock, and Lickilicky won't live after SR and 2 layer of Spikes.

What I'll do is pair this up with Lickilicky for ultimate Beheeyem support as they have good type synergy, Licki can pass Wish to it to increase its longevity, and Heal Bell to cure Status that Beheeyem had been inflicted with(A plus is that that Status was Synchronized :D) Probopass, Skuntank, Absol, and possibly Licki stand in Beheeyem's way so CBSawk works nicely to tame them and works very nicely with Wish support thanks to good typing, decent bulk, and Sturdy.

Beheeyem
CBSawk(Standard)
Lickilicky(Wish/Protect/Body Slam/Heal Bell)
Golem(Standard)
Misdreavus(WoW/Pain Split/Taunt/Shadow Ball)
Skuntank(Standard)

Team is pretty slow so it can benefit from TR. Golem can do tons of work in TR. Sawk is my switch in to Trick as it works just fine with either CB or CS.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
I tried Eelektross a while ago, using this set:

Eel @ Choice Specs
Modest
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA

-Volt Switch
-Flamethrower
-Grass Knot
-Thunderbolt

Really solid. Great bulk despite its stats (probably the lack of weaknesses), awesome power, good coverage. A slow powerful Volt Switch is a really useful tool to have. I think that I might have run some Speed EVS... not sure though. Even so, it's probably a good idea to run enough Speed to outrun Tangela and stuff.

I also tried this set:

Eel @ Leftovers
Careful
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

-Coil
-Substitute
-Spark
-Dragon Tail

Loved this set. Although it's not the best Coil user in NU (I think that Serperior and Arbok do it far better), it's pretty good by its on merit. There aren't that many phazers in NU, but Dragon Tail is useful for stopping them nonetheless. It also works amazingly for preventing Gurdurr or some other stat booster from setting up alongside it, and can shuffle the foe's team around and deal quite a lot of damage. Add in entry hazards, and this set can drive opponents mad quite easily. I use Spark instead of Wild Charge because this set can't afford the recoil (repeated use of Substitute with only Leftovers to heal it off) and Spark has that awesome 30% paralysis chance.

I've been using Eelectross for a while now, it's really good! Slow Volt Switches are always useful, and it's got good bulk. There aren't many things in the tier that can OHKO it. New alt: AnotherChanceForLove

As I said I wanted to start with those 4 pokés to see how would I do with them, but after doing some fixes, etc, got Simipour and Eelektross left.

Actual Peak: (22:12:05) *** Your rank in Standard NU is 17/6966 [1310 points / 20 battles]!

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Have used Simipour for a few games and so far he has done nothing really impressive, and while I admit I haven't played a lot of games with it yet, the spotlight is usually taken by other members of team while Simipour is lucky if I ever need him to come in and maybe beat a mon or two.
(13:26:29) *** Your rank in Standard NU is 27/6999 [1271 points / 6 battles]!

Also using this set for Simipour:
Simipour (M) @ Flight Gem
Trait: Gluttony
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Acrobatics
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Low Kick
Note: Using Surf because I hate missing but the few times I have actually needed Simipour I wish I had LO or Hydro Pump instead. Low Kick might seem weird here but it has a few specific uses such as 2hkoing Regice(this means you Molk) and OHKOing Cryogonal if I have used my Flight gem before/ a Ludicolo is still alive, it also gets the hit on the rare Lapras and 2HKOes it. And Acrobatics is just to deal with Ludicolo that can be really annoying for him otherwise. And the 4 Attack evs actually do something, they guarantee the OHKO on Cryogonal no matter what unless random physically defensive one.

Honestly, after facing and trying most of these guys, there really isnt much overwhelming about them. I would have to say the best is eelektross just due to his decent bulk and good mixed offences. Also, has anyone tried coil + zap cannon? its actually not as bad a combo as you would think it to be.

I've tried the Coil+Zap Cannon, but rarely i can use him with success since the offensive pressure of NU repetely forces eelektross out, but maybe i simply test him bad. (when it works he do a good job)

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
Coil + Zap Cannon is a bad gimmick. Why are you using a special attack on a set that boosts Attack? Use Spark instead. Its 65 Base Power might be a little low, but after one boost it's probably outdamaging Zap Cannon anyway, and it has a 30% paralysis rate.

A quick check reveals that, after a +1 Attack and a Careful nature, Zap Cannon is just about on par with Spark on a Pokemon with equal defenses, actually. Spark would win out over time if you continue to boost, so it's just a matter of perfect paralysis over reliability.

Zap Cannon and Thunder have the same power, so it's just about paralysis chance vs. raw accuracy. And I guess Thunder has a benefit if you're running a Rain team.

Zap Cannon is 100 while Thunder is 120...

Ok, broke the 1400s, I ended up as said with Eelektross and Simipour, with a bit standard sets though, but well, just see:

Eelektross (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SAtk / 44 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot
- Thunderbolt
Standard specially offensive set just with Leftovers over Specs or Expert Belt. Just because it doesn't need it, it causes a big damage, and if I ran Specs I'd be locked on a move, which is so good for sweepers which resist that move, and the annoying SubDisable Drifblim.

Simipour (M) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
It's a good set, just because they think I'm Scarf, and I'm not, so sweepers don't come at me and also when they try to paralyze me, pokémon like Miltank and such, I get a NP up. I've switched Grass Knot over FB, but I rage when I see a Seismitoad or Ludicolo xD

The rest of the team is just offensive with synergy, etc, with easy EV's spreads.

Simipour was okay. Never really helped in a pinch, but his decent speed and movepool were useful. If he had better bulk, he'd be a threat, but as I laddered, he just brought the team down. His Nasty Plot set was the most diverse for me, and I never found going mixed being useful. Outspeeding a decent amount of the meta was truly all Simipour did well.

PHP:
Simipour (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Absol (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Super Luck
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower

Golem (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spd
- Sucker Punch
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Electabuzz (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Drifblim (M) @ Flying Gem
Trait: Unburden
EVs: 200 Atk / 104 Def / 204 Spd
- Acrobatics
- Destiny Bond
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Smokey (Ursaring) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Quick Feet
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Facade
- Swords Dance
- Crunch
- Close Combat

canno

formerly The Reptile
I wouldn't dismiss CoilZapCannon that quickly. Well, maybe as a sweeper set, but how about a parashuffler?

Eelektross @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 SpAtk
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Coil
- Dragon Tail
- Zap Cannon
- Spark / Crunch / Brick Break

This set would capitalize more on the +1 Def and the +1 Accuracy than the +1 Atk. Dragon Tail becomes decently strong, and Zap Cannon becomes decently accurate. Last move is filler, Spark becomes stronger than Zap Cannon after a couple of boost iirc, while Crunch is only slightly weaker than STAB Spark and does leave you with a mono-electric moveset, however, Brick Break hits Rock-types that share a Ground-type such as Golem.

All of this is theorymon though, so I'm going to test and see if I'm not just talking out of my ass right now.

Absolutely loving Lampent. Anything thats slower takes a ton of damage. With eviolite it can take neutral attacks.

Lampent (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Flash Fire
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball

Speed ties with max speed eggy (neutral nature). So thats always nice. Reaches 317 spA which definitely hits hard. It will make those emboars think twice about spamming CB boosted Flare blitz.

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I have a good idea for a team so hopefully I don't get lazy and actually build it

Alt: Be Hyem

Absolutely loving Lampent. Anything thats slower takes a ton of damage. With eviolite it can take neutral attacks.

Lampent (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Flash Fire
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball

Speed ties with max speed eggy (neutral nature). So thats always nice. Reaches 317 spA which definitely hits hard. It will make those emboars think twice about spamming CB boosted Flare blitz.

I'm also using this set, really really like it. Decent bulk, two immunities and hits hard....also functions as a spinblocker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)