1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Returning to Our Roots NOC Mafia - GAME OVER: The Mafia Wins

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by Walrein, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Empoof

Empoof

whoa whoa whoa, I was just waiting for sound reasoning to decide a vote.

Clearly we can't have two aura's in the same game. This is an outrage. We'd constantly get confused about which one is whom and who did what when where why how!

Lynch Aura Guardian to make things easier for us.
  2. Ditto

Ditto /me huggles
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Guys, please stop being idiotic.

Empoof, no lynch is just a bad idea cause it will could put mafia in a good position, seeing as we likely won't have too much to go off of this entire game.
  3. Metal Bagon

Metal Bagon

emproof, why vote aura.

Also, voting no lynch before any evidence against anyone has been said is suspious so...

VOTE REMOVED BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING IT.
  4. zorbees

zorbees
    is a Forum Moderator

I don't really see it as a suspicious move, considering that every time this happens, more people try to counter lynch the no lyncher. Not saying no lynch is a good idea, just that doing it isn't necessarily a scum tell.
  5. Ditto

Ditto /me huggles
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Yeah, if I'm gonna be completely honest, Metal Bagon's swift bandwagon was more scum than the no lynch.
  6. Metal Bagon

Metal Bagon

Ummmmmmmm... Aura Guardian did that before me. How is mine more suspious then his?

EDIT: I'll remove my vote if you want. Do you want me to?
  7. Ditto

Ditto /me huggles

Aura Guardian started a lynch (without good reason, but still starting a lynch). You just jumped on with his reasoning and "bandwagoned" rather quickly.
  8. New World Order

New World Order Licks Toads
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Ditto seems very suspicious at the moment, as he seems to be trying to goad us into infighting. Besides, Ditto has Imposter, and this Ditto is no different. It is trying to camouflage itself into the village.

Lynch Ditto
  9. Ditto

Ditto /me huggles

Wow... really?

How am I trying to start fighting? I am trying to get us to think before we randomly lynch, which everyone seems to want to do. NOC is much harder for village and we shouldn't rush headstrong into a misplay just because we are too hasty and don't actually think with any form rational strategy.
  10. Mithril

Mithril
    is a Past WCoP Winner

No lynch isn't a good idea, but it doesn't really make Empoof that suspicious. I agree with Metal_Bagon's bandwagon being a tad suspicious though. As for Ditto, I don't see him goading people into fighting, simply trying to be level headed on day 1 of a NOC game.
  11. khz

khz

If no lynch is detrimental to the village, then doesn't that arouse suspicion? (even if only slight. Still, that doesn't justify Metal Bagon bandwagoning)
  12. Engineer Pikachu

Engineer Pikachu Good morning, you bastards!
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Considering the fact that there are 20 players in this game, there are probably five to six mafia members. This mafia had 17 players and five mafia. By lynching, we have approximately a 31-37% chance of catching a mafia; not exactly favorable odds.

Three days is more than enough, though, so we can randomly lynch quiet people to get them talking. Although, lynching fast bandwagoners could be a good idea too.
  13. khz

khz

True that. Being active is pretty important in this game since 3 days per day doesn't give that long to find mafia (mafiascum have days that go for weeks and still mislynch, Desktop Dungeons had infinite cycles and same problem). Only problem I have with lynching non posters to make them talk is that its possible for deadline to come before they get a chance to post...
  14. Walrein

Walrein

You have
    [​IMG]
    3 DAYS

to find the mafia.

Carry on.
  15. Orcinus Duo

Orcinus Duo

Why would we no lynch? Unless we want to play follow the cop. I don't see any cop claims...
    EP if we go by that logic of stats, we won't make a lynch till majority is mafia. +.+

I don't see anything scummy about ditto. NWO is noob town or scum (unless it was a Sarcastic RVS). Eh.

RVS: NWO

Also, I play on MS also
  16. nEsp

nEsp

Why should the cop/inspect have claimed yet? Unless he/she found a mafia (and even then, it's debatable whether or not he/she should reveal himself/herself), it's better to have our only means of acquiring information hidden from the mafia.

And yes, we cannot rely 100% on the inspect to win. Our best bet is having as many people as possible post, in order to get more data to analyse.
  17. Orcinus Duo

Orcinus Duo

This is sort of my argument against no lynch.

K, go go go RVS info, please list:
    Why you're not scum, and why we should believe you
    Previous experience with NOC mafia, if any
    How you would describe your playstyle

Why you're not scum, and why we should believe you: I'm not scum bc role PM says i'm not scum, and you should believe me because youd be mislynching otherwise and my play will benefit town (i hope)
    Previous experience with NOC mafia, if any: 2 years on MS, hosted several games on other sites
    How you would describe your playstyle: Very aggressive, but always willing to admit fault and unvote. Whatever helps town. Mafias enjoy NK'ing me.
  18. Aura Guardian

Aura Guardian

(vote unbolded, just in case)

I was sorely tempted to keep the lynch on you for that last line, but your reasoning is acceptable to me for the No Lynch - for now. And a vendetta is not useful to the village, so ... yeah, unvoted (since I now have a better target which is what I wanted when I voted you, anyway.
    I agree, though I think I've got a slightly better target...
    (vote unbolded, just in case)

Seriously? Voting one of the few people who's been active? You just want us to all die of inactivity, don't you? That's what did the village in in Lockdown 2! Tar and feather New World Order, then drag him by his heels around town using a car at 60mph.
  19. nEsp

nEsp

I know, and I fully agree with that we shouldn't have a no lynch. But if the inspect happens to be a newbie, he/she might have thought he/she was supposed to claim asap.
  20. pokémaniac 212

pokémaniac 212

I agree with ditto that metal bagon's quick bandwagoning is suspicious, but for the timebeing thats nothing like enough to go on.
  21. Da Letter El

Da Letter El Officially internet famous
    is a Forum Moderator

3 day deadline in NOC.

Terrible.

Keep playing; pretend I am not here.
  22. jumpluff

jumpluff princess
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

On the bright side, the game might end before 2012 :)

(also not here)
  23. Blue_Tornado

Blue_Tornado

Three-day deadlines are possible as long as people are active.

(final not here)
  24. Aura Guardian

Aura Guardian

I just figured I should point our the flaw in your logic: We are the majority by a bit. So the individual lynch probabilities are overruled by the big picture. Two lynches have a good chance of getting at least one mafia. We have enough people to do that for a few nights until the inspector finds a mafia. Of course, I agree that getting people talking is good, since it could help improve those odds, but I disagree on 31%-37% chance of randing a mafia being unfavorable.
  25. polelover44

polelover44

sub me out - I have a fuckload of work and I'm not going to be able to be active AT ALL - I'd rather someone active get my role than I sit here and stew for another night or two before getting subbed out for inactivity. Good luck to you guys.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)