Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Calm
Moves:
Trick
Thunder Wave
Recover
Psychic/Psyshock
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SP. D

I don't know if this set has been posted, but it looks really nasty on paper. I plan on using it as a lead. Start off by crippling one of your opponents right away by either form of T-Wave or Trick/Flame Orb. Once either is reviled your opponent can't safely switch onto without getting hurt by either status. If they don't want to take a T-Wave, and switch into say Garchomp or Excadrill or any other Ground Pokemon, they have to take a Burn. It's great for Stall teams in case you can Burn one of their Physical sweepers, even if you can't the burn will still aid in the slow down fall of your opponents Pokemon. Because of Flame Orbs stat reduction, no EVs can be put into Def. But a 252/150/138 or enough EVs to make it a "mixed" wall can be used. As with it's above average base HP of 110, it can wall both side pretty well.

Thoughts?
A burn halves Attack, not Defense. You probably mean that no EVs need to be put into Def.

Btw, this is done better by Sigilyph, who can burn more than just one thing, can still use T-wave and has Roost over Recover, and it can actually benefit from the T-wave due to its actually usable speed. It may have less bulk, but it's faster.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm not a big fan of mono-attackers, personally, especially if something is immune to their one attack. The only significant advantage that set has over Sigilyph is a better attacking stat, which is wasted against any team with a Dark-type (especially Krookodile - since it's immune to T-wave, it can come in for free on you once you've used the orb).

Well, typing-wise it is, but it cannot Toxistall Reuniclus. A Punishment can be fairly potent if Reuniclus has Calm Minded up, but it is often at risk of being Koed before it can KO back. Whirlwind can get rid of Reuniclus and U-Turn can allow Mandibuzz repeated weak strikes, but any U-Turner can do this to a slow Pokemon. That said, Reuniclus doesn't usually use Thunder (oddly lacking Thunderbolt), so Mandibuzz can be a fairly firm counter to CM variants with Punishment and Roost, if it bewares Focus Blast and Thunder Wave.

I'm not a big fan of mono-attackers, personally, especially if something is immune to their one attack. The only significant advantage that set has over Sigilyph is a better attacking stat, which is wasted against any team with a Dark-type (especially Krookodile - since it's immune to T-wave, it can come in for free on you once you've used the orb).
What about better defenses? Which I would say are more significant when your going for a defensive Pokemon. If you don't like Mono-Attackers then drop the T-Wave for a coverage move, or heck this could be one of the set that doesn't run a single offensive attack. As it's defensive movepool still leaves it with some good options in Reflect and Light Screen. sure it could get completely stopped by any Taunter, but so does any other wall in the game. But that is pretty much a whole different strategy. As this one is more of a dual status.

Personally I love how Trick messes with your opponent so much, by 1:) burning one of their guys 2:) taking an item from them that they were planing on using. 3:) it can make good use of 2 commonly used items in LO and Choice Specs. If it gets Choice Scarf or Choice Band it can continue to do a lot of damage to your opponents team by putting that one something that doesn't need it. Or if your opponent tries to anticipate that and switches back to the Pokemon that now has Flame Orb, the damage has already been done, and Reuniclus has the chance to burn another opponent.

I mention that because I see that other Trick Pokemon normally don't have the Bulk that Reuniclus has, so they pretty much just Trick once, and that's the end of the show. Well with Reuniclus having Recover and good bulk, it can trick multiple times.

A burn halves Attack, not Defense. You probably mean that no EVs need to be put into Def.

Btw, this is done better by Sigilyph, who can burn more than just one thing, can still use T-wave and has Roost over Recover, and it can actually benefit from the T-wave due to its actually usable speed. It may have less bulk, but it's faster.
And that's what I said. How is Sigilyph better? Clefable had the same things going for it as Sigilyph but you never saw a said version of Clefable going around in OU and crippling teams as much as this set has potential.

what about better defenses? which I would say are more significant when your going for a defensive Pokemon.
Kinda. Speed is really useful since you can recover before you get hit the next turn, whereas being outsped forces you to take an additional hit before you can heal, which isn't really covered by the increased defenses.

Not to mention, you REALLY want to be able to burn T-tar before it Crunches you into oblivion.

And that's what I said. How is Sigilyph better? Clefable had the same things going for it as Sigilyph but you never saw a said version of Clefable going around in OU and crippling teams as much as this set has potential.

Speed, Cosmic Power (+ assist power), and psycho shift instead of trick.

Edit:

I mention that because I see that other Trick Pokemon normally don't have the Bulk that Reuniclus has, so they pretty much just Trick once, and that's the end of the show. Well with Reuniclus having Recover and good bulk, it can trick multiple times.
Uh, Latias? Jirachi?

Rather other trick abuser dont have slow speed and high bulk like reuniclus.
Thats a big factor if you want to trick iron ball and lagging tail

Sigilyph has a 4x resistance to Fighting unlike Clef's 2x weakness to it, it's stronger, it's faster, and has better STABs.

Did I just hear right?

Has smogon finally gotten what gamerfreak have been smoking all those years?

Seriously, why the hell is this pokemon even considered to be banned? It's utterly ridiculous. I remember back in the early days of B/W when people never even looked at this thing and that it MAY only be viable for trick room. Now it's suddenly become a more serious threat than most of the pokemon in the metagame.

What is Reuniclus going to do in the Uber tier? Nothing, Darkrai puts it to sleep, maybe even get a NP off and then it kills it off. Dead Rank.

Gets mullered by Kyogre. Do i need to say any more examples?

Reuniclus is at most, a very strong OU pokemon and not uber status. It is not unbeatable. There are many people who can counter, check or work around it. it just takes a creative mind or even a strong steam in itself. If i ever see that this thing is banned, I will not listen. Salamence back in 4th gen was an exception but this Reuniclus will not.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Did I just hear right?

Has smogon finally gotten what gamerfreak have been smoking all those years?

Seriously, why the hell is this pokemon even considered to be banned? It's utterly ridiculous. I remember back in the early days of B/W when people never even looked at this thing and that it MAY only be viable for trick room. Now it's suddenly become a more serious threat than most of the pokemon in the metagame.

What is Reuniclus going to do in the Uber tier? Nothing, Darkrai puts it to sleep, maybe even get a NP off and then it kills it off. Dead Rank.

Gets mullered by Kyogre. Do i need to say any more examples?

Reuniclus is at most, a very strong OU pokemon and not uber status. It is not unbeatable. There are many people who can counter, check or work around it. it just takes a creative mind or even a strong steam in itself. If i ever see that this thing is banned, I will not listen. Salamence back in 4th gen was an exception but this Reuniclus will not.
First of all if counters an entire play style cougucoughstallcoughcough it's probable broken. Secondly, Performance in Ubers is an unusable argument because Uber is OUs Banlist

Edit At below: Well, if there in only 1 Reuniclus counter per Pure Stall play style and Reuniclus is teamed up with a pokemon that kills the counters then Heavy/6 Wall Stall is dead.

Other than that you do have a good point.

First of all if counters an entire play style cougucoughstallcoughcough it's probable broken. Secondly, Performance in Ubers is an unusable argument because Uber is OUs Banlist
First of all, it doesn't counter an entire play style. It only does very well against ONE version of stall: 6 wall Stall or Heavy Stall.

They even have ways to stop him, so no one should complain.

Sand Stall has Tyranitar.
Rain Stall has Parasect.
Heavy Stall has Spiritomb.

All stall teams can also use:
Scizor
CMRoar Latias
Jirachi with Iron Head
Togekiss with Air Slash
Metagross
Escavalier
DUNSPARCE(Maybe it's a joke team?)
Trick

Choose one and be done with it and don't cry that you have to use Jirachi. If I have to run Jirachi/T-tar/Metagross/Scizor to stop Latios, I think you can afford to run at least one of those to stop Reuniclus.
Heck, just run Jirachi which also helps against Latios. There, two birds with one stone.

Secondly, you're right in the second part of your post.

the fact that this is probably the most anti-meta poke is what gets people so crazy about it, it CAN counter heavy stall, but only if it doesn'ta dapt to the new generation, it does the same with heavy offense wich can be countered with TR, obviously it can't cunter all play styles at once and it's fairly checked by previously unused pokemon it's very good but not Uber

What is Reuniclus going to do in the Uber tier?
I suggest you learn a few things about tiers before posting that kind of stuff.

How good the pokémon is in uber has ABSOLUTELY NO RELEVANCE to its uber status. The only thing that matters if how good it is in OU.

Now, I don't really think Reuniclus is uber material. It's a great OU pokémon, but not overpowering. However, that we really need to clear that misconception of "X can't be uber because it sucks there!!"

I see a lot of people complaining about how tough Reuniclus is, but Escavalier is a hard counter to it.

Escavalier @ Leftovers/Expert Belt/Muscle Band
Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SDef
Adamant
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Megahorn damage with Adamant 160 Attack to 252 HP / 252 Def Bold Reuniclus as follows:
Without boosting item - 84.9% - 100.5%
Muscle Band - 93.4% - 110.4%
Expert Belt - 101.9% - 120.5%
And for fun, Life Orb is 110.4% - 130.2%

The bulk is to help ensure survival, with this investment, the same Reuniclus' Focus Blast does 26.7% - 31.4% to Escavalier, and at +1 SAtk only 39.5% - 47.1%

Now admittedly Escavalier's movepool is pretty shallow and the last two moves are just filler, but Knock Off is generally useful anyway, and should you come against Trick Room you could utilize it a bit with SD under your belt. I'd hope that people would give this a shot.

As well as what everyone else said, banning/not banning based on hype is not a very good idea. We don't ban based on theorymon, we ban something because it is broken in the actual metagame.

I see a lot of people complaining about how tough Reuniclus is, but Escavalier is a hard counter to it.

Escavalier @ Leftovers/Expert Belt/Muscle Band
Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SDef
Adamant
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Megahorn damage with Adamant 160 Attack to 252 HP / 252 Def Bold Reuniclus as follows:
Without boosting item - 84.9% - 100.5%
Muscle Band - 93.4% - 110.4%
Expert Belt - 101.9% - 120.5%
And for fun, Life Orb is 110.4% - 130.2%

The bulk is to help ensure survival, with this investment, the same Reuniclus' Focus Blast does 26.7% - 31.4% to Escavalier, and at +1 SAtk only 39.5% - 47.1%

Now admittedly Escavalier's movepool is pretty shallow and the last two moves are just filler, but Knock Off is generally useful anyway, and should you come against Trick Room you could utilize it a bit with SD under your belt. I'd hope that people would give this a shot.
Realistically, I don't see everyone adding a single Pokemon that can counter it to their teams JUST in case a Reuniclus shows up. XD

Realistically, I don't see everyone adding a single Pokemon that can counter it to their teams JUST in case a Reuniclus shows up. XD
Yeah I know, it's unfortunate that Escavalier doesn't have better coverage (looking at you Earthquake) to warrant more use. But hey, it's a thought at least.

Reuniclus is not Ubers material. It's susceptible to Taunt, Trick, Sleep, flinching and the standard CM set is overwhelmed by heavy physical offense. Believe me, this thing doesn't like Outrage very much. And it's abysmal speed means it can't always Recover when it wants to. If your team doesn't have access to ANY of those methods than you're not going to be very successful on the ladder.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Reuniclus is not Ubers material. It's susceptible to Taunt, Trick, Sleep, flinching
The fundamental flaw in these arguments is that they are completely ineffective without any kind of context behind them. You mentioned moves certain Pokemon might use to beat Reuniclus without taking into account that the moves are only as good as its users.

EX: Gliscor is a common OU user of Taunt, but it gets 2HKOed by Psychic. The genies? Also 2HKOed by Psychic. Most Taunt users can't even beat Reuniclus because they'll end up eating an attack right away and fail to outdamage a +1/+1 Reuniclus after the fact.

Trick, like Taunt, is also just a move. Tricking Choice Specs to a +1/+1 Reuniclus is very, very punishable if you don't have a Jirachi or Tyranitar immediately en route to take the inevitable Psychic spam. You also get one measly shot at using it, and can actually end up crippling the Pokemon that was supposed to have the item in the first place. What exactly do you think a Leftovers or LO Latios is going to do to a +1/+1 Reuniclus?

Also, please clarify as to where the Outrage is coming from. Salamence? Dragonite? Haxorus? Garchomp barely 2HKOs with a non-boosted Outrage (read: doesn't; +2 only amounts to 80% - 94.3%). None of Dragonite's bulky sets can seriously threaten Reuniclus, and Salamence can barely take a +0 LO Psychic. You'll have to get Reuniclus down to mid-50s in percentage before Salamence can even revenge it. We'd be in agreement if you said something about CB Hax's Outrage, but Outrage in general isn't going to cut it.

and the standard CM set is overwhelmed by heavy physical offense.
Does this mean 'keep Scizor alive the entire match or keep sacrificing team members until it dies'? If so, it's exactly the same as my strategy. And you wonder why Reuniclus upsets some people?

People seem to think Reuniclus is broken because it forces you to have one of a few counters for it on all your teams. however, this is false, you only need to have one of those counters on very specific types of teams, heavy stall teams. Instead of banning a pokemon just because it defeats a very specific type of playstyle, that playstyle needs to adapt and be willing to pack a counter. Broken pokemon are broken against all playstyles, reuniclus only defeats one type. therefore, people running that type need to either pack a counter, lose, or if that doesnt work and heavy stall is still uneffective, use something else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)