Reuniclus

on shuba, starmie running HP fire is an effect of everyone fear nattrei too much. I find nattrei is loudly overatted. Yeah hes good, but he gives chance to scary things to switch and fuck team away. I must say 60 % of my win is due to my opponent use and depend nattrei thinking its so unbeatable to find them lose to my act of dismantling nats.
For such an abusable wall its questionable why anyone would nominated it saying that it was OP

Back on reuni, i guess in CM set in most variants, theres no dnying that Deo-D is the best counter IMO. Pressure, Taunt, Knock off, Recover, he can also abuse rank to set up spikes(i wont i dont use spikes-D) makig it a superb poke.

Deoxys-D has to play a game of stalling and Recover and wastes PP. Yeah it can work, but I'm still of the opinion that Shubarugo is the best Reuniclus counter to date.

yp dwonright. but pp stalling ranky is so easy with deo-d its unbelievable.
+0 LO psychic from CM set to full HP full speed Deo-D
16.8% - 19.7%
Focus blast
14.8% - 17.4%
Shadow ball
39.5% - 46.7%

This is stupid

BTW on shubarugo full Hp full Attack
+0 CM LO Focus Blast
37.8% - 44.8%
Megahorn w lefties
90.6% - 106.6%

BTW shubar get knock off.

Deoxys-D has to play a game of stalling and Recover and wastes PP. Yeah it can work, but I'm still of the opinion that Shubarugo is the best Reuniclus counter to date.
Well, I'd say that Tomb is the best counter to Rank itself because it has "healing" and is only damaged by the uncommon Shadow Ball. And it can cripple switch-ins with Wow/Trick. Against Trick Room variants, it can use STAB Shadow Sneak or Sucker Punch. If Rank switches out, a STAB Pursuit hurts.

On the other hand, Shuba checks a decent number of other things, and is bulkier on both sides. Shuba also has higher attack.

I'd say that Tomb is better if you run stall, while Shuba is prolly better on most offensive teams. But, for the sole purpose of countering Reuniclus, Tomb is better than Shubarugo.

That said, it's kind of like a question from Gen4: "Who's a better Scizor counter, Zapdos or Gyarados?" Both options are good, but it depends on the team, you know?

Since we're still on the subject on counters, how does Umbreon hold up against Reuniclus?

I was thinking about something like this:

Umbreon @ Leftovers.
Careful/Calm nature.
252 HP / 4 (Sp) Atk / 252 Sp Def.
Synchronize.

Dark Pulse/Pursuit/Payback/Bark Out.
Taunt.
Wish.
Protect.

Basically, the idea it to eat Focus Blasts and hopefully survive.
Taunt prevents Reuniclus from boosting and healing itself.
Wish and protect is the usual combination allowing it to wishpass(with base 95, those aren't that bad) and reliably self healing.
And then, well some attacks so you can actually kill it once it runs out of focus blast PP, plus you're not complete taunt bait.

I know plenty of stuff can outclass it, but hey, I like to see eeveelutions succeed at things, so amuse me.

Basically gonna need calculations because I'm too stupid to do them myself.
Ideally also while Umbreon is at -1 because of Focus Blast's Sp Def drop.

While Escavlier is solid, Spiritomb quite literally laughs at Reuniclus.

LOL +0 full defense/HP CM kurusu Fovus Blast to 252 252 careful Umbre
41.6% - 49.2%
Lefties
32% - 38.1%

In other side
Umbre Payback
15.6% - 18.9%
Boosted Pursuit
24.5% - 29.7%
Pulse
27.4% - 33%

No i dont want to use shitty thing like THAT

What about putting recover on a trick room set? Something like:

Reuniclus@ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 hp 252 SAtk 6 Def
Trick Room
Recover
Psychic/Psycho Shock
Focus Blast/Shadow Ball

I figure that Recover will help Reuniclus have a bit of staying power so it can continue to abuse trick room. I'm thinking that Focus Blast will be more useful over Shadow Ball to take care of those nasty dark types.

i personally use SD scizor (some SpD invest ) to "check" or "revenge" this thing and it works pretty well.

SD on a calm mind and OHKO next turn with bug bite

SD on a focus blast, survive and bugbite next term for ohko.

For OTR:

Bugbite + bulletpunch works. but then this thing cannot switch into a focusblast since it can't take 2 of those.

Prediction is required, either switch in on CM or TR, or a resist like shadow ball. Not a perfect counter, but imo it offers more utility than shuba or deoxys d since it can sweep as well.

So, if a Magic Guard Reuniclus is hit with Toxic, it doesn't actually lose any HP? That's pretty cool.

Also, I've gone with the Modest nature for Sp. Attacking, but I'm thinking now I should have picked a nature that boosted Sp. Defense.

Also, I've gone with the Modest nature for Sp. Attacking, but I'm thinking now I should have picked a nature that boosted Sp. Defense.
Modest or Bold is the way to go on Reuniculus, IMO. If you're using Calm Mind, the emphasis on Bold, because Reuniclus' Special Defense will be boosted, making Calm seem redundant. If you're not using Calm Mind, Modest is pretty much the way to go for extra power.

In other words: Modest for offensive sets and Bold for defensive ones.

Reuniclus is immune to all passive damage. That includes Sand, Hail, Poison, Burn, Confusion, Leech Seed, etc.

Bold is the standard on CM sets. The extra defense really does help, although nothing really wrong with opting for Modest if you want some more attack power since you're overall stat total would be a bit higher.

And you want Quiet on TR sets, not Modest.

Trick Room sets don't have time to mess around with recovery, and losing a coverage move is always bad.
Uhhh yeah they do have time. Recovering before the opponent is an excellent way to not get owned while setting up Calm Minds, and if you want him to last a long time and keep reapplying TR later in the battle, recovering will increase its longevity, but as we all know...in turn it will have far less coverage.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Uhhh yeah they do have time. Recovering before the opponent is an excellent way to not get owned while setting up Calm Minds, and if you want him to last a long time and keep reapplying TR later in the battle, recovering will increase its longevity, but as we all know...in turn it will have far less coverage.
So now you have Trick Room, Recover, and Calm Mind? Pick any of its main attacks for the fourth move, and you lose against like half the metagame.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
I was referring to Bombkirby's post, which specifically mentioned setting up CM. Regardless, using Recover is a waste of a TR turn, and the additional coverage is too useful to pass up on a non-boosting set.

I think he meant using Recover in a CM set context. He was supporting it's use for both TR and CM sets. I think I will try TR sets with and without Recover and see how it works.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
But I was already referring to it specifically in a TR context. I know it works with CM, because a defensive set will have more opportunities to recover.

Wobuffet really gives Reuniclus hell, but no one is really using him atm. It's hilarious when Wobuffet actually outruns something and Encores whatever he came in on. Tickle to pursuit is an easy KO.

I use recover in TR set, and yes it does helps him since u recover "faster" than your opponent, altough I don't have TR on him (since i have other 3 pokes with it and all make a very good job) he's great, and with 3 turns is just enough to make anyone loose at leat 1/2 pokes

I've once defeated a Choice Banded Spiritomb with my Trick Flame Orb Rankurusu, true story.

Needless to say, my opponent ragequited.
Yeah assuming it's running Trick, it can cripple it yes, but the most two common sets are Calm Mind and Trick Room, so I'd say it's a safe switch in, but besides being good for Reuniclus Spiritomb struggles to fit in a team slot.

Reuniclus @ Flame Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Calm
Moves:
Trick
Thunder Wave
Recover
Psychic/Psyshock
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SP. D

I don't know if this set has been posted, but it looks really nasty on paper. I plan on using it as a lead. Start off by crippling one of your opponents right away by either form of T-Wave or Trick/Flame Orb. Once either is reviled your opponent can't safely switch onto without getting hurt by either status. If they don't want to take a T-Wave, and switch into say Garchomp or Excadrill or any other Ground Pokemon, they have to take a Burn. It's great for Stall teams in case you can Burn one of their Physical sweepers, even if you can't the burn will still aid in the slow down fall of your opponents Pokemon. Because of Flame Orbs stat reduction, no EVs can be put into Def. But a 252/150/138 or enough EVs to make it a "mixed" wall can be used. As with it's above average base HP of 110, it can wall both side pretty well.

Thoughts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)