RMT #1 Sand Destruction

The first team I am posting here is a sand team. Yes its Another weather team but I think sand is the best weather, not only because ground pokes are great attackers, but also because entry hazards are generally not a problem. I've used this team for a little and thought I'd get some others' opinions on it so here goes.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-turn

Just your average Scizor. Scizor is a great pokemon and if he is one of the most used pokemon in the metagame, then he's good enough for my team. It hits hard and has U turn and bullet punch as good stab and is an effective revenge killer. He can come in on a dragon move from a Latitwin and KO with the pursuit especially with the steel defense boost in the sand. Basically Scizor breaks through many walls and can keep momentum going with the u-turn to create mismatches. Superpower is the obligatory fighting move and with the choice band boost. it is a big hit to take.

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 240 Def / 252 HP / 16 Spd
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rest
Rotom-W is a Pokemon that I hated facing and figured If i couldnt beat it, I might as well add it on the team. A chestoresto set helps with absorbing status and also helps bluff the scarf which comes in handy late in the battle hydro pump is the much needed water stab on the team and the hyped up washing machine is a good rain counter that benefits from the stupid toad's rain HP ice is for the always present dragon or opposing landoruses. Bluffing the scarf usually helps me catch teams off guard and crippling their precious dragons.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Sassy Nature
- Fire Blast
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
TTar is one of my favorite pokemon and it helps that he's the best sand starter. I went with the specially defensive EVs to elongate TTar's life and with the sand boost he becomes an effective wall. Hes my best psychic check with pursuit and crunch and sets up SR which is always good in game (its the most used move in the game so why not?) fire blast is for foretress and ferrothorn because otherwise with EQ they could set up hazards on TTar all game and spikes would be quite annoying. Tyranitars massive base attack ensures it'll make a big dent on anything that takes a hit.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
WALL WALL WALL WALL all Ferrothorn does is WALL. Sand boosted, great typing, and an amazing support movepool he is the most effective wall in the metagame. Ferrothorn seed support always helps with hp low pokes and is an effective counter to Stoutlands, any dragons bar maybe latias with HP fire, Gliscor, Rachi, and Venusaur without HP fire. T wave cripples any fast sweepers and power whip for a powerful attack. it has good synergy with the rest of the team which can sponge incoming fire and fighting attacks. Overall a great poke that is an asset to the team

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 204 Def / 252 HP / 52 Spd
Bold Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
Suprisingly the mvp of the team. Gliscor sponges hit after hit and sets up very easily with SD. the set is walled by skarm and foretress even with plus six and that is a big problem because he becomes set up fodder for hazards and can easily get whirlwinded out. EQ is good neutral stab and ice fang is for all dragons and other gliscors.

Landorus (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Smack Down
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
hard hitting lead. people generally think it runs a choice scarf and then get hit hard with the right move if they decide to stay in. Sand force over sheer force since Its a physical landorus, and smack down over gravity because it does damage and does the same job but forces switches too. U turn for momentum and ice for obvious reasons

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hey there PokeTrainerRed, nice sand team you got going on. Ah, so this is another first post RMT. I always though that most people lurk around this site and then produce an RMT, but it's their decision. Alright, so let's get on to rating this team. Team seems pretty standard with the sets and EV spreads. I'm going to try to rate this team to the best of my ability. Alright as usual, I'm going to suggest some changes in the EV and moveset department, keep note that these changes may include changing around a Pokemon or two, so take these changes into consideration and test them out before implementing them in this thread. Okay, we have to change our good friend Scizors EV spread to one of 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD over your current spread. The aftermentioned spread helps Scizor with taking on some weak special attacks that may be aimed at it. Now, let's move on to our thorny rose Ferrothorn. With Ferrothorn, you should be using the Standard set over your current choice. This is Ferrothorns flagship set in BW2 as it can wreak havoc on the OU metagame with its walling capabilities. Moving on to our good friend Gliscor, you should change its EV spread to 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe over your current spread. The aftermentioned spread helps Gliscor outspeed max speed Tyranitar and every Adamant Breloom, while still maintaining that crucial physical bulk to handle Conkeldurr. Also on Gliscor, you should use Protect over Substitute. With Protect, Gliscor stay in good health while sweeping the opponents team. Last but definitely not least, you should use Stone Edge over Smack Down on Landorus. Stone Edge has a 12.5% chance to crit while its base power gets boosted by 30% while in the sand. Well, that's all I can say for now. I really hope that my advice helped. Have fun and good luck with your team!

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers Lv. 100 -- Iron Barbs

Nature: Relaxed - EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef

- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed

~Dr Ciel~ (The doctor is OUT)

CyberOdin✝

¨ I will persist ¨ ❤
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
The team looks good just do not have support for water equipment and equipment stall, try the rotom - w: 252 hp, 8 def, 156 sp.a, 92 sp.d nature: calm, set: WoW, hydro pump, volt switch and pain split with leftovers, this will give you more support against llebar waters tend to Tornadus - t, I suggest the sp.a landorus is broken with rock the polis, 150 hp, 252 sp.a, 108 speed in September : Earth Power, hp - ice, focus blast, cops rock, you scarfe exceeds 1 350 cops rock nature and life orb modest, very good, try a toxic sub Gliscor since the sd with ice fang in bw 2 no gives many results that say, 252 hp, 32 def, 224 speed jolly nature set: earquaker, substitute, toxic and protection, otherwise I see a little better, but you're a little weak to water with improved equipment I gave the stall not will give you many problems, improvements luck hope you work.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright. Nice sand team you've got there, for a first-timer. My first post was in RMT, but that's besides the point. Tornadus-T seems to be quite the issue for your team to face, and Specs variants even more so, since they can actually 2HKO Rotom-W with Hurricane and Tyranitar with Focus Blast. In return, your Tyranitar can only deal 45.15 - 53.17% to Tornadus-T with Pursuit as it switches out, not factoring Regenerator into the equation. When Regenerator is factored into this equation, Tornadus-T effectively takes only 11.81 - 19.84%. To fix up this predicament, I'd recommend using a Specially Defensive Rotom-W over your physically defensive variant. It takes the physical attacks it needs to take (e.g. Scizor's Bullet Punch, Jirachi's Iron Head) quite effectively, and it also eats anything Tornadus-T throws at it for breakfast. It also helps reduce Tyranitar's burden in taking special attacks for the rest of the team. I'd also go with Dr Ciel's Ferrothorn set over your current set. Ferrothorn is already physically bulky, and this change, alongside the Rotom-W changes, makes it harder for offensive rain teams to break your team apart with devastating Water-type attacks.

Now, onto Gliscor. I think that SubToxic Gliscor would be a better fit for your team. You have Landorus to get rid of Bronzong and Skarmory, the only Pokemon that take zip from SubToxic Gliscor, and Scizor to erase Reuniclus and Alakazam, Pokemon that don't mind Toxic and can threaten with 2HKOs, from existence. Once those 4 are eliminated by Landorus and Scizor, Gliscor can go to work on the opponent's team, Toxic stalling them ad infinitum.

Now, for some nitpicks. I think that you should use Gravity over Smack Down and Stone Edge over U-turn on Landorus. The former change makes everyone susceptible to Landorus's Sand Force-boosted Earthquakes, and the latter gets its accuracy boosted by Gravity, making its accuracy issues moot. These two changes make Landorus a better wall-breaker, leaving the opponent more vulnerable to Gliscor. For Scizor, an EV spread of 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe helps Scizor conserve HP when switching into Stealth Rock and other entry hazards. A summarized list of changes can be found below.

Sets:

Rotom [Wash] @ Chesto Berry | Levitate
Calm | 248 HP / 28 SpA / 228 SpD / 4 Spe | 2 Atk / 30 Def
Volt Switch | Hydro Pump | Hidden Power | Rest

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers | Iron Barbs
Relaxed | 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD | 0 Spe
Spikes | Leech Seed | Gyro Ball | Power Whip

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb | Poison Heal
Jolly | 244 HP / 48 Def / 216 Spe
Substitute | Protect | Earthquake | Toxic

Nitpicks:
    • Smack Down ----> Gravity
    • U-turn ----> Stone Edge
    • 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe ----> 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Hope this helps. Good luck with your team!

So I made the changes to my ferrothorn and my scizor, i did switch my landorus to a special attacker since my team was almost exclusively physically attacking. I think I am sticking with an SD gliscor since without him I am losing alot of offensive power. Finally i will make the rotom switch to spD set since if all the special hits go to TTar he will go down and lose the weather war. changes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)