RMT: Platinum OU

Platinum OU TEAM!

The Team:
PREVIOSLY

-------------------------------------------------------

RIGHT NOW
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hello to everyone. I'm glad im back on the forum.... its been a while since ive played... about like, hmm, 5-7 months, like half a year so all that i had learnt well... its not entirely lost its just deep, deep,.........deeeeeeeeeeep inside my head. So i was planning to use some of the two free weeks i have to make a new team and get right back on track, or well... i hope to do so. Thanks to everyone for helping me, i hope you like this team because it hasn't convinced me yet. edit: thanks to everyone for commenting and helping.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bronzong @ Lum Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/152 Atk/10 Def/96 SDef
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Explosion

- Gyro Ball

- Earthquake

- Stealth Rock

My lead: I change to bronzong because mamoswine was not being a good lead. I basically wanted to set up stealth rocks and with moamoswine i was not accomplishing this. Bronzong is more deffensive so i will almost certainly set stealth rock (unless taunt lead) earthquake can take down some threats like infernape who has died after switching in to this, or kill faster stuff with gyro ball. Explosion is used to end his performance. Last match bronzong killed my opponents first two threats: espeon and infernape then exploding on scizor weakening it enough to kill him later.

---

Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Flamethrower

- Earth Power

- Explosion

- Hidden Power [Ice] / Dragon Pulse / HP electric

well, i have always liked to use heatran though i used to use substitute and make a surprise sweep but well iguess i just grew apart from that set, besides i needed a revenge killer and this thing fitted right through. ive been using hp electric but it hasnt been effective. im currently using hp ice seeing as mamo is gone and i have the need to have an ice attack to revenge kill dragons.

---

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 32 HP/252 Atk/224 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance

- Bullet Punch

- Persuit / u-turn

- Brick Break / Superpower

I had never befdore used a scizor, i i think i haven't yet actually. from about 10 maches ive played i think i have not used him alot, i think once... i dont know i dont have much to say on this one... i guess the D is for dangerous... oh wait, scizor doesnt have a D... :( well ...anyway... i think im going to use u-turn just to really counter celebi. im thinking in the last spot the larger power may be better as i might need to kill a blissey or other stuff and i will need the extra power. im currently using superpower.

---

Vaporeon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP/228 Def/28 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish

- Surf

- HP Electric / (toxic)

- Protect

Absolutely fantastic... i love this thing... im just wondering whether to include roar or just leave it as it is. wish support is just perfect for this team. Additionally this thing takes hits like no one. Ive been thinking about using roar in stead of toxic but toxic has been really useful to deal with water types. i think YoshiThePirate is right so for the moment im testing hp electric and see if it makes things easier for me.

---

RECENTLY ADDED MEMBERS FOLLOWING !:

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 84 Atk/2 Def/208 Spd/216 SAtk
Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Draco Meteor

- Fire Blast

- Earthquake

- Outrage

well this thing is just as powerful as it looks. havent had trouble with it yet. As everyone pointed out, i had a serious problem, mayor weakness to deffensive pokemon, and as everyone suggested (thanks to all who have commented) i have included mix mence to deal with both sides of the threat.
---

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/6 Def/252 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy

- Leech Seed

- Rest

- Seed Flare

Well, although celebi was suggested i really hate that it is so easily willed by a u-turn. actually... i havent calculated or noticed if this thing can take a u-turn and survive but at least its not 4times weak to bug like celebi. aromatherapy for support and keeping the team alive without paralysis or poison or sleep, leech seed to heal and slowly kill the opponent rest with natural cure provides an efficient recovery method for shaymin and seed flare provides a really powerful attack.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FORMER TEAM MEMBERS:

Mamoswine (M) @ Life Orb

Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SpAtk, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Recover
Porygonz @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Download
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Trick
- Tri Attack
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Dark Pulse
Jumpluff (F) @ Leftovers

Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP/24 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Encore
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Sleep Powder

Well thanks alot im sorry its not the greatest format, i run
out of time and i have to go watch a vey important match
right now... oh i forgot, i probably will ber wanting to
change latias and maybe the ice mamo as it hasn't been a
good lead but rather better for later in the game... im just not
sure its the right one for the job. edit: thanks now im trying to keep testing the actual team, improving, filling gaps, thanks for suggestions.

thanks...
---
EDIT: changed the format + added pictures
EDIT: CHANGED MAMOSWINE TO BRONZONG
EDIT: CHANGED LATIAS TO PORYGON-Z
EDIT: CHANGED PORYGON-Z TO SALAMENCE
EDIT: CHANGED JUMPLUFF TO SHAYMIN

Threat List

Mayor Threat List

Gengar:can get me some times. I think persuit with scizor is always my best option but when he is gone, latias is my second chance and then im done.
Tyranitar: Scizor can kill it fast

Lucario: ive notice heatran is the best lucario counter i have, otherwise i have some trouble though sometimes vaporeon can stop it.

Bronzong:Really annoying, i usually go to heatran or to jumpluff to annoy him as well.

Swampert: Has always been a threat to my teams, toxic stall with vaporeon, go to jumpluff and put it to sleep.

Skarmory: I have trouble stopping it from setting up spikes. Last time it set up three layers of spikes + stealth rock.

Jirachi: Hate the little star. Heatran can kill it but when it is gone i usually end up losing to this guy

Magnezone: hurts me alot. dont know how to stop it after the ice mamo is gone. usually i have to put it to sleep.

Machamp: Vaporeon, jumpluff oh i dont know...

i know i've said i always put thing to sleep, i try to keep jumpluff alive throughout the game so i can put my opponents last pokemon to sleep.

Bronzong, Heatran, Scizor, Vappy, Poryz, Jumpluff.

The thing that strikes me right away is that you have no way to beat a well built stall team. You even indicate it yourself "Skarmory: I have trouble stopping it from setting up spikes. Last time it set up three layers of spikes + stealth rock."Jumpluff is nice, but I don't see what it does for your team. I would highly recommend trying out a MixMence from the analysis. Either one of them would work (BBreak/FBlast/Draco/Roost or the all out attack mixmence) to help you break stall. If Skarmory comes in and wants to set up a layer of spikes you get a free swap to your MixMence which all stall teams struggle with and you can predict from there.

PoryZ just isn't a useful pokemon for OU play. He is walled to easily and packs no punch. I would try some other "revenge" scarfer if you want another in its place. A Scarf Jirachi with HPIce/TBolt/Psychic fits in that role with better durability that PoryZ. I would avoid any choiced Psychics/Ghost because of Scizor's presence.

Ok, I can probably make your team a lot better with a few adjustments.

First off, instead of Porygon-Z, try using Azelf. His Special Attack is a bit less, but he is a lot faster and has a fantastic movepool, not to mention Nasty Plot. Try using the Plot Sweeper set from Smogon's Strategy Pokedex. With Psychic, Flamethrower, HP Fighting, and Nasty Plot, Azelf will deal with pretty much all of the Pokemon on your threat list easily, although Jirachi, Bronzong, and Swampert could be a little bit harder to take down. Heatran can also get rid of Magnezone for you with Earth Power or Flamethrower. As for Jumpluff... I don't know if you should keep using it. If it's used defensively, try using something like Dusknoir instead, he's an excellent tank and can be a real pain for many different Pokemon in the OU tier.

Other than that, good luck! I hope this helps!

This is very pretty.

Your sir, are probably going to be a victim of Dragon Dancers, most notably Gyarados and Salamence. I'm not too caught up on how Jumpluff fares for you, but i'd rather just slap Celebi there. Neither of them can OHKO Celebi and all Celebi has to do is simply Thunder Wave and that helps a lot.

Also I'd just use the same strategy with Lati as you do with PZ. Now PZ does beat it in power by a lot, but Lati is way more sturdy and Draco Meteor handles it's own shit.

You can disregard though, I just wanted to write something so I can say this was pretttttttttty

Nice team but you should really remove the previous team members and put them at the bottom of the thread. Ok first thing I notice is that Tauntrados switches in... and stays in. Nothing on your team really phazes him besides... nothing. Simply give Vaporeon HP Electric over Toxic as you will find Vaporeon much more useful. HP Ice is fine on Heatran or you could go with Dragon Pulse over Explosion and give him another Hidden Power of your choice but you lose the ability to take out blissey... and your team can't afford that. Blissey walls 4/6 members of your team and the other two are taken care of by Skarm... or at least walled. I would try MixMence over Jumpluff. MixMence is a nice immediate threat to your opponent and can rip apart stall teams that would trouble you a lot.

after testing it for a while i think gaborik is correct, Porygon-z is hard to use even when i trick the scarf to my advantage, it just doesnt have the power i need it to have, thats why i have recently included mix mence in his place.

additionally since i like jumpluffs work and i like ot have leech seed and seem to be laking some support material i have decided to test shaymin. i dont want to use celebi because it always draws out something with u-turn and ... its dead! shaymin lives longer and can still use aromatherapy and leech seed to support the team. im using seed flare right now... i know it has little pp but the power and the possible spdef drop is really good.

okay so the following are the two new members im currently testing, the two that will become 'former team members' are: porygon-z and jumpluff.

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 84 Atk/2 Def/208 Spd/216 SAtk
Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Outrage
well this thing is just as powerful as it looks. havent had trouble with it yet.
---
Shaymin @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/6 Def/252 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Leech Seed
- Rest
- Seed Flare

i still havent faced a stall team with this modifications so i still dont know how much it will help me to have included mence.
another thing: i had trouble with some bulky waters, one i toxic stalled with vaporeon, other i just ended up exploding in its face with bronzong and the otherone died to a seedflare. all of these were carrying ice beam but none could kill shaymin eventhough seedflare missed consecutively.

thanks for the help Gaborik and thanks ACDCGAMER

i im testing these evs because every time this little... whatever it is, comes out they send in something with ice beam or flamethrower, well special supereffective hits wont even 3hko this thing not even 4HKO if i use leech seed.
also thanks to aeroblacktyl and yoshithepirate
---

Shaymin isn't bad, but its movepool is rather limited, unless you use Sky Shaymin or something. Also, according to the Strategy Pokedex, besides its typing and Seed Flare, Celebi can do what Shaymin can do, but better. But if it works, it works.

Don't forget about Azelf, though! XD

thanks. im still trying shaymin (it been working good) and i have still to try celebi out. I just feel that it will be a little more vulnerable due to its 4x weakness to bug attacks (u-turn). shaymin usually only attracts fire and ice attacks most of which are speciially based and due to his high defenses and the high amount of evs on spdef he has proven to be really tough to take out. celebi is weak to bug4x, ghost(2x), dark(2x), ice(2x), fire (2x), poison (2x) and flying (2x), that makes 6 weak and 1 double weakfor celebi; now with shaymin its only five removing double bug weaknes and ghost + dark weakness. thats mainly why i leave celebi out, its psychic typing
so i dont mean that im worried about u-turn or bug moves in general, its just that celebis psychic type makes more threats arise and makes celebi generally more vulnerable than shaymin.

Just wondering, of all Bug-type moves, why are you so worried about U-Turn? Yes, I understand that it's deadly to Celebi, but I've rarely seen it in battle, although I don't really have anything that's weak to Bug-type moves besides my Azelf. However, if you plan on using Celebi, you might want to worry about Pursuit more, but I do respect your opinion and won't do anything to change it. Good luck with your team!

If you want, we could battle sometime later to test out both our teams if you want. =P

i dont mean that im worried about u-turn or bug moves in general, its just that celebis psychic type makes more threats arise and makes celebi generally more vulnerable than shaymin.

Dont use u-turn on swords dance scizor, u-turn just makes u lose all your boosts anyway. Besides, most celebi run hidden power fire so scizor can take about 50% from that, so if your scizor is weakened, don't try to revenge celebi with it unless your sure it lacks hp:fire

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)