RMT: Serebii.net's nightmare

Status on Team: Finished

Ok, I have already created this team, only, it had huge holes and kept failing. So after A line allows progress and I revamped my team, I've decided to get more suggestion from the RMT'ers here at Smogon. Please, be as harsh as possible. Without further adieu...

My Team at a glance:

Edit: I will be changing my team from the suggestions that have been given. Keep them coming. Once I get the last info for the pokemon, i'll revise them!!!! Changes in bold!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
Ev's: 252 hp/ 252 defense/ 6 speed
Impish Nature (+Def, -Sp.att)
-Stealth Rock
-Ice Fang
-Earthquake
-Roost
---
As stated by Slice, I "had a pretty bad weakness to physical Lucario, Choice Band Heracross, and the ever common Garchomp". So the suggestion was made to change Salamence to Gliscor. I like his defense. SR to support, Roost for healing, and -ice from flying. making it x2. and ice fang, and eq for some incredible damage.

-----

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy -This is what mines has... When I get a new one with Keen Eye, i'll use it!!!
Ev's: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 156 Def / 4 Speed
Impish Nature (+Def, -Sp.att)
-Brave Bird
-Whirlwind
-Roost
-Spikes
---
Basic Skarm... Bring him in to set up spikes, roost to recover damage, and lessen electric attacks. and whirlwind to blow away anything that threatens or tries to set up. His defenses are really good, so he can take a bit of damage.
-----

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Ev's: 172 hp/ 224 speed/ 114 satk
Timid Nature (+
Speed, -Atk)
-Thunderbolt
-Surf
-Rapid Spin
-Recover
---
Yet another suggestion from Slice. And a well appreciated one at that.
As he stated, Killing two birds with one stone is a must for this team:
A. Counter Infernape.
B. Counter Gyarados.

Once again as he stated: "Two of your main threats, Infernape and Gyarados, will no longer be able to successfully sweep you." Starmie will be able to recover off health, and Rapid Spin to prevent residual damage from rocks and spikes.

-----

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Ev's: 252 HP/140 Def/8 SpAtk/110 SpDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power- Fighting 70
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
---
This set is my favorite set. Hp fighting and shadow ball hits everything in the game super effective or neutral damage. Rest talk for utilizing for his defenses. The fact he is a ghost types negates the use of Rapid Spin. It also is an obvious status absorber.
-----

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
Ev's: 84 hp/ 252 attack/ 174 sdef

Adament (+Attack, -Special Attack)
-
Pursuit
-
Stone Edges
-Earth Quake
-Ice Beam

---
I've decided to go with a much better alternative for Bliss. I chose Tyranitar. It will give sandstorm for even more residual damage, while taking incredible hits from surfs/calm minded attacks/hp fighting, etc. It will deliver ice beams to pokes like Breloom, Donphan, Garchomp, Gliscor, Hippowdon, and Salamence, and will hit hard, giving me the umph that my team will need. Plus the spiritomb would be fightings coverage i would need.
-----

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Ev's: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Speed
Adament Nature (+Atk,-Sp.Atk)
-Crunch
-Swords Dance
-Extremespeed
-Close Combat
---
Yet another strong attacker. I like this set over Breloom most definitely. Can go blow to blow to most used pokemon in Sandstorm teams. I found the damage calculations for this move set from here at Smogon:
Close Combat vs. max HP / Def Skarmory 84.4% - 99.7%
Close Combat vs. max HP / Def Bronzong: 95.2% - 100% (67% chance to OHKO)
Close Combat vs. max HP / Def Hippowdon: 75.7% - 89.3%
Close Combat vs. max HP / Def Forretress: 79.7% - 93.8%
Close Combat vs. max HP / Def Donphan: 82.0% - 96.9%
Crunch vs. max HP / Def Cresselia: 63.5% - 74.8%
Crunch vs. max HP Cresselia: 85.1% - 100% (2.6% chance to OHKO)
Crunch vs. max HP / Def Dusknoir: 88.4% - 100% (21% chance to OHKO)
Crunch vs. max HP / Def Celebi: 78.7% - 93.1%

-----

Side Notes:
Well, that is my team. I do like it. If you honestly believe that Breloom could be replaced with something that can bring serious Feng-Shui to my team, please dont hesitate. If you do, however, please include everything for it. Please dont just say: "Put in Leafeon 'cuz you need a grass type." I honestly believe that the most ignorant of all clauses are the two clauses: Item, and SkarmBliss. This team is for raping the Serebii.net forums. And I obviously don't like them... read my name. One more quick comment. I've never made my team an all out attacking team. I enjoy supporting my other teammates immensely. As I've said before... Be Harsh!!! Constructive Criticism Only!!!

Edits to Side Notes:
Gliscor for Salamence, Starmie for Suicune, and Lucario for Breloom. I love the changes. Dangerous team. Keep the comments coming!!!

Secondary Edit to Side Notes:
I have switched Bliss for the Bulky as hell, Tyranitar.

maddog

is a master debater
is a Contributor Alumnus
I would go ahead and replace your Mence with a Mixmence, the set being Brick Break/ Draco Meteor/ Roost/ Flamethrower with the same EV spread. I think this offers more coverage than your current Mence; Dragon Dance just seems out of place.

Breloom also seems out of place... I would put something over it that can beat Chomp in case Cune fails to kill it (which I don't really understand how it would, but that's ok). Your team really lacks anything fast to meet some of the faster theats head on. Mamoswine would be the best fit. It can switch into Blissey pretty well, and kills Chomp with Ice Shard. Revenge killing Gengar is also a plus. The best set would be a Choice Bander, with Ice Shard/ Ice Fang/ Earthquake/ Stone Edge.

This isn't a true rate, but I have noticed that you are running a Calm Nature on Spiritomb with no allocated Sp. Def EVs meaning that you are wasting potential extra stat points.

I would go ahead and replace your Mence with a Mixmence, the set being Brick Break/ Draco Meteor/ Roost/ Flamethrower with the same EV spread. I think this offers more coverage than your current Mence; Dragon Dance just seems out of place.

Breloom also seems out of place... I would put something over it that can beat Chomp in case Cune fails to kill it (which I don't really understand how it would, but that's ok). Your team really lacks anything fast to meet some of the faster theats head on. Mamoswine would be the best fit. It can switch into Blissey pretty well, and kills Chomp with Ice Shard. Revenge killing Gengar is also a plus. The best set would be a Choice Bander, with Ice Shard/ Ice Fang/ Earthquake/ Stone Edge.
I'm gonna try both versions of this mence and i'll see which one really works best for my team. Thank you for that breloom. I do like the mamoswine. Goodbar said use weavile... needs speed. Smogon, what do you think??? I'll change it for sure. I have two really good replacements for it.

This isn't a true rate, but I have noticed that you are running a Calm Nature on Spiritomb with no allocated Sp. Def EVs meaning that you are wasting potential extra stat points.
Ok, How should i have the evs read?

I noticed many problems this team has at a first glance. My main concerns(major threats are bolded) are Swords Dance Lucario*, CB Heracross, Infernape*, Garchomp, and Gyarados*. These are some of the most common pokemon in OU, and all have an easy time ravaging your team. Good news for you, a few adjustments can be made to make this team achieve its full potential. Let's go into further detail...

The first threat I need to mention is Infernape, mixape to be specific. This thing seriously rapes you after a single turn of set up, especially after they have set up Stealth Rock. The first thing that needs go is Suicune for sure. First off, since this is basically your only solution to Infernape, they can predict a switch and Nasty Plot, giving them the chance to OHKO Suicune with a Life Orbed Grass Knot. I think it is pretty safe to swap Suicune for a spinning Starmie(172 hp/ 224 speed/ 114 satk, Thunderbolt/Surf/Rapid Spin/ Recover) to:

A. Counter Infernape.
B. Counter Gyarados.

The addition of Starmie is essentially killing two birds with one stone. Two of your main threats, Infernape and Gyarados, will no longer be able to successfully sweep you. Starmie also makes sure you can survive alot longer by being able to spin away passive damage.

Moving on, you have a pretty bad weakness to physical Lucario, Choice Band Heracross, and the ever common Garchomp. Thankfully there is one pokemon that can cover all three at once: Gliscor. Since Mence looks pretty out of place here, he can go for a standard Impish Gliscor, running 252 hp/ 252 defense/ 6 speed- Stealth Rock/Ice Fang/Earthquake/Roost. That can start off the match with some nice, quick Rocks. I also suggest changing Breloom to this: Jolly: 252 Attack/ 180 speed/ 78 hp, running Leech Seed, Focus Punch, Substitute, and Spore. The evs let it hit 245 speed(If I recall correctly) and max attack for neutral nature(359). Just a tip, if you face a Clefable on a rare occasion, save Breloom for late game. It poses a huge threat to you with its immunity to Spikes, Stealth Rock, Leech Seed, and Toxic Spikes. If you want to completely eliminate this weakness, run an Adamant Swords Dance Lucario with Life Orb and Crunch/Swords Dance/Extremespeed/Close Combat. Lucario's addition, however, is highly debateable for this team and is entirely up to you.

Good luck.

Oh, and I assure you, people on serebii.net will fear you with these fixes. This team has the potential to be very dangerous.

I noticed many problems this team has at a first glance. My main concerns(major threats are bolded) are Swords Dance Lucario*, CB Heracross, Infernape*, Garchomp, and Gyarados*. These are some of the most common pokemon in OU, and all have an easy time ravaging your team. Good news for you, a few adjustments can be made to make this team achieve its full potential. Let's go into further detail...

The first threat I need to mention is Infernape, mixape to be specific. This thing seriously rapes you after a single turn of set up, especially after they have set up Stealth Rock. The first thing that needs go is Suicune for sure. First off, since this is basically your only solution to Infernape, they can predict a switch and Nasty Plot, giving them the chance to OHKO Suicune with a Life Orbed Grass Knot. I think it is pretty safe to swap Suicune for a spinning Starmie(172 hp/ 224 speed/ 114 satk, Thunderbolt/Surf/Rapid Spin/ Recover) to:

A. Counter Infernape.
B. Counter Gyarados.

The addition of Starmie is essentially killing two birds with one stone. Two of your main threats, Infernape and Gyarados, will no longer be able to successfully sweep you. Starmie also makes sure you can survive alot longer by being able to spin away passive damage.

Moving on, you have a pretty bad weakness to physical Lucario, Choice Band Heracross, and the ever common Garchomp. Thankfully there is one pokemon that can cover all three at once: Gliscor. Since Mence looks pretty out of place here, he can go for a standard Impish Gliscor, running 252 hp/ 252 defense/ 6 speed- Stealth Rock/Ice Fang/Earthquake/Roost. That can start off the match with some nice, quick Rocks. I also suggest changing Breloom to this: Jolly: 252 Attack/ 180 speed/ 78 hp, running Leech Seed, Focus Punch, Substitute, and Spore. The evs let it hit 245 speed(If I recall correctly) and max attack for neutral nature(359). Just a tip, if you face a Clefable on a rare occasion, save Breloom for late game. It poses a huge threat to you with its immunity to Spikes, Stealth Rock, Leech Seed, and Toxic Spikes. If you want to completely eliminate this weakness, run an Adamant Swords Dance Lucario with Life Orb and Crunch/Swords Dance/Extremespeed/Close Combat. Lucario's addition, however, is highly debateable for this team and is entirely up to you.

Good luck.

Oh, and I assure you, people on serebii.net will fear you with these fixes. This team has the potential to be very dangerous.

Thank you, one quesion: if i am going to have Gliscor with sr, then what should i give bliss? Fixed it. Thanks!!!

Ok, here's your Spiritomb's level 100 stats assuming max iv's:
Calm 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpAtk
HP: 304
Atk: 198
Def: 315
SpAtk: 221
SpDef: 227
Spe: 106
Now, if you want to keep the same physical bulkiness, you are going to want to switch to a Bold nature.
Bold 252 HP/140 Def/4 SpAtk/100 SpDef
If you'll notice, you now have the exact same stats as before except that you have an extra 14 EVs to invest wherever necessary. It is a small difference but it could give you the extra Defence or Special Defense to survive one more attack or the extra SpAtk to make the KO. Hope this helped.

EDIT: You can change Stealth Rock on Blissey for Flamethrower or Ice Beam depending on what you want more coverage on.

shit, looking at this team after all the modifications, it's pretty much a stall team. there are 3 types of teams:

1. a successful team that may either be balanced or offensive that can break stall.

2. a successful stall team that can outstall many offensive players and outstall other stallers.

3. unsuccessful teams that can get stalled.

i think right now, this team goes under no. 3.

to me, without either toxic spikes, sandstorm/hail or both, it just won't do the job properly. i just don't know who to replace. lucario probably, but that's a personal choice as then it will become an all out stall team.

Currently your physical defensive is sound enough, but you have issues with any special attacker that can beat Blissey.

A simple solution to this could be to add Calm Mind to Blissey. If you do this I recommend using either Calm Mind/Softboiled/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam or Calm Mind/Softboiled/Grass Knot/Flamethrower, but Calm Mind/Softboiled/Shadow Ball/Focus Blast is also usable.

If you choose not to do this you are going to have issues with SubCM Jirachi and Mismagius, and lesser problems with Resting CMers too like Suicune.

This probably isn't the biggest issue for your team though, the biggest problems will probably come from Pokemon like Salamence which are unpredictable or Mamoswine which has excellent coverage against any team that lacks Bronzong, Cresselia or Gyarados; but with appropriate prediction you will probably beat them.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
It seems like a solid team, at least defensively. However, my one gripe with it is its lack off offense. True stall will destroy you and with Lucario as your only sweeper, I find that your team lacks the punch required to defeat most defensive combinations. One suggestion I have is to throw a Toxic Spiker like Forretress into your team over Skarm, or something like Drapion over Spiritomb. With these two you can still beat Gar, whilst having Toxic Spikes and also having a Spinner/Spikes absorber. With Drapion, Pursuit can be ran to hammer Gengar, but its upto you.

Overall, I believe that this will make your team all round more potent.

You should probably add some offense somewhere as suggested, or move to all-out stall. Most of what needs to be done was said already, however, please replace leftovers with shed shell on skarmory. Your team is weak to the Mag + 2, 3 or 4 physical sweeper combo, as I see a Garchomp + Gyarados combo being tough to handle if skarm is down.

shit, looking at this team after all the modifications, it's pretty much a stall team. there are 3 types of teams:

1. a successful team that may either be balanced or offensive that can break stall.

2. a successful stall team that can outstall many offensive players and outstall other stallers.

to me, without either toxic spikes, sandstorm/hail or both, it just won't do the job properly. i just don't know who to replace. lucario probably, but that's a personal choice as then it will become an all out stall team.
Don't ruin this thread by making ignorant posts. Take a closer look at this team's mechanics before you make stupid remarks like that.

Do you understand the incredible synergy Lucario has with the residual damage stall teams set up? Do you know how many counters are eliminated? No, I didn't think so.

Side note(in reference to Earthworm): I would have made completely different fixes if this were for shoddy. There is no way he will be encountering Submind Jirachis and Hp Fighting Mismagius on wifi, Serebii.net to be specific.

You should probably add some offense somewhere as suggested, or move to all-out stall. Most of what needs to be done was said already, however, please replace leftovers with shed shell on skarmory. Your team is weak to the Mag + 2, 3 or 4 physical sweeper combo, as I see a Garchomp + Gyarados combo being tough to handle if skarm is down.

So the general idea between you two is if its not a stall team or all out attacking team, it is going to loose. Slice is right, really dont need your comments if you don't know what you are doing. Learn more about different types of functioning teams that don't involve stalling, then post something a little more intelligent.

Don't ruin this thread by making ignorant posts. Take a closer look at this team's mechanics before you make stupid remarks like that.

Do you understand the incredible synergy Lucario has with the residual damage stall teams set up? Do you know how many counters are eliminated? No, I didn't think so.

Side note(in reference to Earthworm): I would have made completely different fixes if this were for shoddy. There is no way he will be encountering Submind Jirachis and Hp Fighting Mismagius.
I want to thank everyone who posted that contributed to my thread, in a positive way. I just made those new adjustments. If anyone wants to comment or have anything else to add, please don't hesitate.

Side note(in reference to Earthworm): I would have made completely different fixes if this were for shoddy. There is no way he will be encountering Submind Jirachis and Hp Fighting Mismagius on wifi, Serebii.net to be specific.
Counters cannot be eliminated if Lucario is completely walled by something like Gliscor, which this team has enormous trouble trying to get rid of in its current state. However, eventually Gliscor can become the last Pokemon for the enemy stall in this case thanks to the presence of Spikes, Stealth Rock and a Rapid Spin blocker so while Lucario isn't going to do much against any team with Gliscor (it will essentially be 5 Pokemon vs 6 until an enemy Gliscor is gone, as long as Gliscor only appears when Lucario does) the residual damage created by Spikes + Rapid Spin block is likely to eventually result in a win for serebii.

As for not encountering SubCM Jirachi and HP Fight Mismagius, I didn't necessarily limit my comments to those two. A WishCM Jirachi or Thunderbolt Mismagius poses a similar threat and it is unlikely that this team will manage to get rid of them without losing at least one of its defensive core. Also, limiting a team's capabilities based on what you don't think you will encounter is not a good idea as when you do you will be thinking something similar to 'I don't have any reasonable way of beating this Pokemon'. What advantages does having Toxic rather than Calm Mind have? Calm Mind will allow you to beat threats to the team that it would otherwise have a very hard time dealing with, while Toxic slightly helps with the already plentiful residual damage the synergy in this team creates. Toxic is made useless by the presence of a number of factors (Steel typing, Poison typing, Substitute, Taunt, other status, Rest, Psycho Shift, Immunity, Natural Cure) while Calm Mind is only made useless by a small number of factors (Haze, Taunt, Snatch, Psych Up). Also, the reason stated for using Toxic (beating Cresselia) is also achieved by using Calm Mind, and depending on the moveset, sending in Skarmory to phaze at an appropriate time/switching to Starmie to abuse the presence of 2 Natural Cure Pokemon.

To summarise: This team against a stall team with Gliscor will either result in Skarmory + Gliscor vs a similar core in another team (if you ever get into this situation try to conserve as much PP as possible) or a large advantage to this team thanks to the presence of Spikes + Spin Blocker + Rapid Spinner. Lucario's sweeping ability is made useless by Gliscor should it be present on an opponent's team but this team should eventually outstall them.

I am still recommending Calm Mind over at least Toxic (as lacking Seismic Toss and not having Sandstorm means Raikou can still pose a threat even against Blissey).

READ MY COMMENT AGAIN! I SAID AN OFFENSIVE TEAM OR A BALANCED TEAM THAT CAN BREAK STALL OR A STRONG STALL TEAM! I DID MENTION THE BALANCED TEAMS, READ BEFORE YOU PICK ME APART!

look i didn't say it should either be an all out attacking team or a stall team. ffs, i didn't write anything like that in my original post. before you call me ignorant, take the time to read my post properly. i have used many balanced teams in my time, so spare me the lecture. i swear you're the one not understanding the mechanics, slice.

keep in mind that this isn't mixcario, and that it can easily get walled by the likes of gliscor, any salamence with roost, gyarados etc. are you telling me this team has any chance against obi or mop's stall team?

all i'm saying is this team will not outstall a good stall team without more residual damage nor be able to break the stall with just lucario. keep in mind that pokes on a stall team just about all have recovering moves too.

i'm not being ignorant, i am aware that there are different types of teams that work well, as i know that there are different ways to beat a stall team. please, understand what i'm saying before you go verbally abuse me.

[FONT=&quot]
all i'm saying is this team will not outstall a good stall team without more residual damage nor be able to break the stall with just lucario. keep in mind that pokes on a stall team just about all have recovering moves too.

i'm not being ignorant, i am aware that there are different types of teams that work well, as i know that there are different ways to beat a stall team. please, understand what i'm saying before you go verbally abuse me.
I get what you are saying, however, neither in this post or your last one, did you give anything to contribute to this team with the exception of what i'll go down by, or telling me that my team wont stack up to "x's team". I understand what I am weak to, the purpose of a Team Rater is to help fix the problem, not just point them out. I'm not verbally abusing anyone, however, if you didn't want to contribute to the post positively to increase my team's potential, then why did you post. All I'm saying is, help the situation by giving appropriate advice to the team, don't just point out potential problems. That will get me no where if I don't know how to fix them. Thanks.

Counters cannot be eliminated if Lucario is completely walled by something like Gliscor, which this team has enormous trouble trying to get rid of in its current state. However, eventually Gliscor can become the last Pokemon for the enemy stall in this case thanks to the presence of Spikes, Stealth Rock and a Rapid Spin blocker so while Lucario isn't going to do much against any team with Gliscor (it will essentially be 5 Pokemon vs 6 until an enemy Gliscor is gone, as long as Gliscor only appears when Lucario does) the residual damage created by Spikes + Rapid Spin block is likely to eventually result in a win for serebii.

As for not encountering SubCM Jirachi and HP Fight Mismagius, I didn't necessarily limit my comments to those two. A WishCM Jirachi or Thunderbolt Mismagius poses a similar threat and it is unlikely that this team will manage to get rid of them without losing at least one of its defensive core. Also, limiting a team's capabilities based on what you don't think you will encounter is not a good idea as when you do you will be thinking something similar to 'I don't have any reasonable way of beating this Pokemon'. What advantages does having Toxic rather than Calm Mind have? Calm Mind will allow you to beat threats to the team that it would otherwise have a very hard time dealing with, while Toxic slightly helps with the already plentiful residual damage the synergy in this team creates. Toxic is made useless by the presence of a number of factors (Steel typing, Poison typing, Substitute, Taunt, other status, Rest, Psycho Shift, Immunity, Natural Cure) while Calm Mind is only made useless by a small number of factors (Haze, Taunt, Snatch, Psych Up). Also, the reason stated for using Toxic (beating Cresselia) is also achieved by using Calm Mind, and depending on the moveset, sending in Skarmory to phaze at an appropriate time/switching to Starmie to abuse the presence of 2 Natural Cure Pokemon.

To summarise: This team against a stall team with Gliscor will either result in Skarmory + Gliscor vs a similar core in another team (if you ever get into this situation try to conserve as much PP as possible) or a large advantage to this team thanks to the presence of Spikes + Spin Blocker + Rapid Spinner. Lucario's sweeping ability is made useless by Gliscor should it be present on an opponent's team but this team should eventually outstall them.

I am still recommending Calm Mind over at least Toxic (as lacking Seismic Toss and not having Sandstorm means Raikou can still pose a threat even against Blissey).
Ok, i'll try the calm mind over toxic. Thank you for your input. Any thing else you see?

Ok, huge changes to the team. I need more input. No more bliss. Sandstorm, but with Bulky as hell T-tar!!!!!!!!

Bold 252 HP/140 Def/4 SpAtk/100 SpDef
If you'll notice, you now have the exact same stats as before except that you have an extra 14 EVs to invest wherever necessary.
I saw that you changed the EV spread to the one that I had posted, but you neglected the 14 EVs that I had saved. You can allocate these wherever you want.

i liked the team. it is really good. i think it will take out many pokemon. good job on the great team
Well, I really appreciate your comments Charizard. This isn't just my doing, its a lot of people who put the dedication and hard work into making this an awesome team.

Ok, I believe the team is now finished. I would like a double check of the team. I'll be putting the team together, so if there is anything at all that stands out to anyone, please let me know. And thanks again for assisting me in the best rmt I've done to date. I couldn't have done it without the help of the Raters here at Smogon!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)