Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 156 Def / 58 SAtk / 56 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Ice Beam
- Protect

this team is in fact, pretty darn solid. the only thing that I can see it having trouble with is gengar, since it can switch around pretty easily. status can be a problem since only one pokemon can come in on it; once heracross is gone, you may have some real trouble with burns and sleep. otherwise, it isnt really bad at all. just also make sure that you keep snorlax healthy and magneton from being killed since it is really a useful pokemon to have on this team.

Tyranitar's Pursuit kinds of stop's Gengar from switching about imo.

Shouldn't you be more worried about Dugtrio? Kinds of wipes half your team tbh. Zapdos pretty much wipes out the other halfage of your team.

I prefer Flygon over Gyarados tbh. It helps with the Zapdos thing, with him in combination of Swampert. Gyarados gone would also mean Magneton is a wee bit more useless, granted, no Skarm means more Hera and better lax set up, but tbh, Lax as last poke is just as effective and Hera can still do it's own thing. Another way to go is add a Wisher over said Magneton, maybe change Hera into a CB'er. Hera will always reheal unless of course, Dugtrio, which is unavoidable. But now, your Swampert can last longer, Snorlax doesn't have to rest as soon and TTar lives longer now. However, if you think it's not about skarm and more about Spikes that hurts you, just add a Cloyster or Forretress imo. Either that, or play risky with Mean Look/Taunt/BP Umbreon, which still gives you your wish, but should Skarm want to play with you, it could be game over (provided you ran like Taunttar or something..)

Speaking of Tar, the speed is useless imo, what can it really do with Weezing if it were in that position, since it doesn't have anything that really scares it tbh. I'd rather put those into either attack for more punch, or give it in HP for a better normal resist.

but if i'd remove gyara, i might get in trouble with fighting types. ok i could add wishmence over magneton but flygon and salamence is kinda meh, since both are weak to ice attacks and the only pkmn that can really deal with those is snorlax =/...is there any other option for gyarados besides flygon?

ps: hi mop :-D

i went over the team again and it really could use a phazer since curselaxen, etc, can really give you a tough time.

i say roar > protect on swampert
that won't necessarly work all of the time; the only one he really has a trouble with is curse-users; dders arent terribly difficult since swampert can come in and take them out. however, the team relys more on physical offense so he needs a more reliable counter imo. otherwise, the team is pretty effective.

If you put Salamence over Magneton, then put Steelix over Flygon. You still help against Zapdos, you get your fighting resist with Sala, which also Wishes, which gurantees longetivity, and with the combination of Intimidating Sala with Steelix, doesn't that cover pretty much all phsyical weaknesses? Not to mention a Swampert to back up. With Steelix, you can also run Explosion and try to catch the Snorlax as last poke before it can Curse up, or run novelty with Psych Up, which could be the last filler move as opposed to Toxic or what not, which makes it nearly useless against Skarmory as much already. Speaking of, if you're adding Steelix, why not use Starmie over Swampert? It already takes DDTar/Mence +1 to 3hko, and with Wish, sans CH, you can switch in as freely as you want to cover those two, granted Flygon isn't as an easy switch now, but you have Mence for that, which might be defensive. Starmie will get rid of your Spikage problem, add some more stable special attacking, and hell, run Ice Beam as opposed to Bolt if you want to switch into Mence as it should survive after +1.

the only thing i dont like about having heracross as a cber instead of a resttalker as mop suggested is that the team will have trouble with stats since, while the cb version can come in on status, it cant necessarily stick around for long periods of time

Forretress/Cloyster absolutely has a party with this team, especially forretress with any type of support. You might want
to give more attackers the ability to keep Forretress weakened/out of the game.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The problem with Steelix is that it can't hurt Zapdos - maybe a CBlix =d; Wishmence is there to heal any damages it took, not that you could take Wish for granted... Steelix does provide T-bolt immunity, so Snorlax could switch into Zapdos' Hidden Powers. For that reason, CBlix may not be necessary. However then there's skarm. Fortunately MoP suggested Ice Beam Starmie which should deal with Skarmory and Zapdos well. Starmie can't stop Gyarados, but you have HP Ele Swampert and Salamence for that. Ice Beam would be helpful against Celebi, too, which could pretty much wall half of your team. Starmie helps with Weezing that could be a pain for this team (why not Body Slam on Lax?)

MoP's suggestions really helped you with your Heracross, Fighting, and Curselax problems...with the addition of bulkier Steelix and Salamence. Sure CBSTHera is not as defensive as STHera with lefties, but it still gets wish support and absorbs status, and the boosted offense would be welcomed for this more tankish team. CB would definitely help knocking out a last pogey Curselax that managed to pull one curse before Steelix explodes.

Swampert may be more of a problem, but should not be too much to handle; Your Ttar would prolly knock it down silly anyways xd. You still have Starmie, Snorlax, CBcross, and Salamence's Intimidate as back up. Nice Ttar set btw!

ok thx for the ratings =] this is what the looks like now:

Heracross (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Focus Punch
- Megahorn
- Rock Slide
- Sleep Talk

Steelix (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Atk / 60 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Roar
- Rock Slide

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 44 HP / 188 Atk / 24 Spd / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Pursuit
- Rock Slide

Salamence (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 20 Spd / 16 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Dragon Claw
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Wish

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 204 HP / 12 Atk / 136 Def / 16 Spd / 140 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Return

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 176 HP / 148 Spd / 186 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Surf

but my problem now is, that i might get in trouble w/ skarmbliss, maybe fireblast over eq on snorlax?

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Well, with Starmie and Rapid Spin, it's not like Skarmbliss could cause much damage walling you and forcing you to switch. And Heracross' CB Focus Punch is pretty much anti-skarmbliss xD...good thing that most people don't pack Rest Skarmory =]

taking out stalk Hera adds to Gengar problems.

Tyranitar is going to fall to Hypnosis which is seemingly on every Gengar atm.

Think of it this way, if you get in a Gengar vs Tyranitar, are you going to risk that 40% chance of it raping you? Or you sleep it, it wakes up same turn and still rape you in fear of CBRS or something?

Plus, if it has Hypnosis, that's one less chance it has Fire Punch, which means Steelix can semi-wall it, since after all, Focus Punch does shit to Steelix and you have Wish back up, while any hit Gengar takes is permament thanks to Sandstorm!

Fire Blast on Lax isn't a bad idea, you'd just have to be more careful against Metagross if you get a few things going.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)