Not open for further replies.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Battle in progress - NO POSTING!

3 v 3
Singles

DQ: 2 days
Restrictions on moves: 2 uses of rest/recover, 5 chills.

Clauses:
All abilities
Switch = KO
No items

Arena:
Peanut Swamp Island

The island is round and 100 feet in diameter. It consists of grass and a 20-foot diameter, 10-foot-deep pool of extremely murky water (1-foot visibility) smack in the middle.. The island is surrounded by similar marshland, but the perimeter marsh acts like Normal Poison while a non-Water- or Poison-type is in it. It's lined with dense mangrove trees, so it's not exactly easy to get knocked into. The grass is dewy, and the soil is soft, loamy, and diggable.

Mewtwo15025, you have the great honor of releasing first.

Go, mist!

First, use thunderwave to slow it down. Next boost up with nasty plot. After, use a serene grace extrasensory!

All right, Balsamus, let's do this! Use Nitro Charge to speed around the T-wave and rack up an early hit. Next, see if you can distract Mist from its plot with a Sweet Scent, then sneak up to it and sow on it some Leech Seed to help yourself recover.

Nitro Charge~Sweet Scent~sneak closer~Leech Seed

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly

Togepi(*) Mist (F)
Nature: Careful (Attack reduced by *; Special Defense increased by *)

Type: Normal
Normal: Normal STAB; Bite, Claw Sharpen, Crunch, Dig, Double Kick, Hammer Arm, Iron Tail, Rain Dance, Rock Smash, Shadow Claw, Sunny Day, Wild Charge have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:

Togepi
HP: 90
Atk: *(-1)
Def: ****
SpA: **
SpD: ***
Spe: 20

EC: 0/6
MC: 0/4
DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Hustle: (Can be Enabled) This Pokemon puts immense force and speed in its physical attacks, increasing the base damage of all its physical attacks by three (3), but the haste lowers their accuracy to 80% of normal.
Serene Grace: (Innate) This Pokemon has a blessing which doubles the success chance of its attack’s secondary effects. (eg paralysis from Thunderbolt)
Super Luck (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon’s natural skill doubles (x2) its critical hit levels above other Pokemon, making its normal moves inflict critical hits 12.5% of the time and its high critical hit moves inflict critical hits 1/3rd of the time.

Attacks:
Growl(*)
Charm(*)
Metronome(*)
Sweet Kiss(*)
Yawn(*)
Encore(*)
AncientPower(*)
Follow Me(*)
Gift Pass(*)
Nasty Plot(*)
Morning Sun(*)
Extrasensory(*)
Psycho Shock(*)
Incinerate(*)
Thunder Wave(*)

Ferroseed(*) Boyd (M)
Nature: Careful (Special Attack decreased by *; Special Defense increased by *)

Type: Grass/Steel
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed, Growth, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Nature Power, Sunny Day, Sweet Scent, and Swords Dance have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Bomb, can be magnetized.

Stats:
Ferrothorn
Atk: **
Def: ***
SpA: *(-1)
SpD: ****
Spe: 10

EC: 0/4

Abilities:
Steel Thorns: (Innate) When struck with a contact attack, this Pokemon’s abrasive skin causes pain to the opponent, dealing 25% of the damage received to the opponent.

Attacks:
Tackle(*)
Harden(*)
Rollout(*)
Curse(*)
Metal Claw(*)
Pin Missle(*)
Gyro Ball(*)
Bullet Seed(*)
Leech Seed(*)
Spikes(*)
Hone Claws(*)
Payback(*)
Thunder Wave(*)

Dratini(*) Haar (M)
Nature: Brave (Attack is increased by *; A 15% decrease in Base Speed [Rounded Up] and a -5% flat increase in accuracy on this Pokemon's attacks.

Type: Dragon
Dragon: Dragon STAB; Roar has have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Dragonite line can breathe underwater.)

Stats:
Dratini
Atk: ****
Def: **
SpD: **
Spe: 43 (40 * .85^)

Abilities:
Shed Skin: (Innate) This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.
Marvel Scale (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon’s coat shimmers when afflicted with a status condition, reducing the damage received from physical attacks by two (2).

Attacks:
Wrap(*)
Leer(*)
Thunder Wave(*)
Twister(*)
Dragon Rage(*)
Slam(*)
Agility(*)
Dragon Dance(*)
Extremespeed(*)
Dragon Rush(*)
Thunderbolt(*)
Incinerate(*)
Surf(*)

Mudkip(*) Vladdy (M)
Nature: Relaxed

Type: Water
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious. Splash and Ice Moves have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:

Atk: ***
Def: *** (+ nature)
Spe: 34

RELAXED: Adds * to Defense; a 15% decrease (rounded down) in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 90) on an opponent's attacks.

MC: 0

Abilities:

Torrent: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any water attack is increased by two (2). (eg Water Pulse goes from 6 to 8, Hydro Pump from 12 to 14)

Damp (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon releases a damp mist upon entry into battle that short circuits the opponent’s ability to use Selfdestruct or Explosion.

Attacks:

(*)Tackle
(*)Growl
(*)Mud-Slap
(*)Water Gun
(*)Bide
(*)Foresight
(*)Mud Sport
(*)Counter
(*)Mirror Coat
(*)Avalanche
(*)Dig
(*)Boiling Water
(*)Rock Slide

Bagon(*) Uberwocky (F)
Nature: Naive (Special Defense reduced by *; A 15% increase in Base Speed [Rounded Up] and a +5% flat increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 Accuracy becomes 90) on this Pokemon's attacks.

Type: Dragon
Dragon: Dragon STAB; Roar has have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Dragonite line can breathe underwater.)

Stats:

Atk: ***
Def: ***
SpD: * (-1)
Spe: 58 (50 x 1.15^)

Abilities:
Rock Head: (Innate) This Pokemon’s hard body prevents it from taking recoil damage from moves such as Double-Edge, Flare Blitz, and Head Smash.
Sheer Force (DW): (Can be Enabled) This Pokemon can energize all its attacks with secondary effect chances less than 100%. When Enabled, the Base Attack Power of every move with an effect chance less than 100% increases by two (2), but they will never have a secondary effect.

Attacks:
Rage(*)
Bite(*)
Leer(*)
Headbutt(*)
Focus Energy(*)
Ember(*)
Dragon Pulse(*)
Dragon Dance(*)
Fire Fang(*)
Aerial Ace(*)
Facade(*)
Brick Break(*)

Embirch(*) Balsamus (F)
Nature: Lonely (Attack increased by *; Defense reduced by *)

Type: Fire/Grass
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Solarbeam has Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed, Growth, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Nature Power, Sunny Day, Sweet Scent, and Swords Dance have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: *** (+1)
Def: * (-1)
SpA: ***
Spe: 50

Abilities:
Leaf Guard: (Innate) In bright sunlight the Pokemon is surrounded by a faint green glow. The glow protects it from all permanent and temporary status conditions.
Battle Armor: (Innate) This Pokemon’s thick armor prevents it from taking critical hits.
Chlorophyll (DW): (Innate) During bright sunlight, this Pokemon’s cells absorb more solar energy, doubling (x2) their speed.

Attacks:
(*)Bullet Seed
(*)Sweet Scent
(*)Growth
(*)Ember
(*)Leech Seed
(*)Flame Wheel
(*)Giga Drain
(*)Fire Spin
(*)Pound
(*)Counter
(*)Dragonbreath
(*)Seed Bomb
(*)SolarBeam
(*)Reflect
(*)Nitro Charge

Rolf OOO
Mist (F)

90 HP / 100 EN
Thunder Wave ~ Nasty Plot ~ Extrasensory​

VS

Mewtwo15026 OOO
Balsamus (F)

100 HP / 100 EN
Nitro Charge ~ Sweet Scent ~ Leech Seed​

Welcome one and all to Peanut Swamp! This vulgar arena is a marshy place with angry looking lake in the middle, and surrounding us. On the grass, we see a Togepi and an Embirch staring each other down. The 2 females resist the temptation to have a cat fight however, and go with the more conventional battle.

Starting off, Mist charges up a small shot of electricity aimed at Balsamus. The Thunder Wave is fired, but merely hits a plant, who shakes it's roots in anger. Suprised by this (And moreso by the lack of Balsamus), Mist is left wide open to a Nitro Charge, which collides into Mist, and turns her into an egg roll.

Now really annoyyed, Mist mentally plots a combination of a giant blender, Balsamus and... some sort of Sweet Scent!? Unable to focus on her evil plan, Mist comes back to earth, and scowls at Balsamus. Balsamus smiles, evidently SHE had something to do with this...

Balsamus now tries to sneak closer to Mist, but Mist spots this and fires off an Extrasensory. Balsamus feels her mind, body and hair get yanked around, and Flinches!

Rolf OOO
Mist (F)

83 HP / 78 EN
Not been cracked yet!

Mewtwo15026 OOO
Balsamus (F)

90 HP / 93 EN
Flower Power!​

The pair are by the lake, a fair distance away from each other.

Mewtwo15026, your moves please!

Okay, Balsamus, fire your Plasma Wave--I mean, Fire Spin--to keep that egg contained, then steal closer and Giga Drain to suck back some of your health. Finish up with some Phazon DragonBreath to corrupt that thing's nervous system, then circle around it until it stops attacking.

If it tries to launch a Thunder Wave before any of your actions, do what worked before: dash around it with Nitro Charge, then use DragonBreath to counter.

Base: Fire Spin~Giga Drain~DragonBreath
From just before a T-Wave is used: Nitro Charge~DragonBreath~Giga Drain

Okay mist - let's encore that weak fire spin, then paralyze it with a thunder wave. Finally, use the last predictable fire spin to burn off those nasty seeds on you - what a nasty plot!

Encore - thunder wave - nasty plot while burning off seeds

Sorry, I'm on my itouch since I'm out and about, so formatting is bad.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
Rolf OOO
Mist (F)

83 HP / 78 EN
Encore ~ Thunder Wave ~ Nasty Plot

VS

Mewtwo15026 OOO
Balsamus (F)

90 HP / 93 EN
Fire Spin ~ Giga Drain ~ DragonBreath​

Hello again and welcome to this... relatively harsh smelling battle. This swamp still stinks, and is ugly as heck. In order to give a nice visual display, Balsamus creates a pretty Fire Spin, which Mist... simply applauded. Heh, perhaps she's a hidden pyrotechnic. Or an arsonist.

Balsamus, utterly amazed by the fact that fire spin got clapped at, Balsamus continues, and the flames continue to attack Mist. Mist however, glares through the flames, and releases another blast of static electricity. It connects, and leaves Balsamus paralyzed. OUCH!

It matters not at this moment in time though, as Balsamus completes his encore with a third and final Fire Spin, taking visibly more energy as time goes by. Mist attempts to burn the seeds off her, but fails due to the lack of seeds, so instead finishes the plot including a Shredder, Balsamus and a Charcoal Store.

Rolf OOO
Mist (F)

47 HP / 55 EN
Fell into my cunning plan!
+2 Sp.Atk (Loses 1 every round until reaches 0)​

Mewtwo15026 OOO
Balsamus (F)

90 HP / 78 EN
#I'm Spinning around#
Par 25%​

Rolf, you're up!

Okay Mist, lets go! Now that he's paralyzed to be slow and you've got some boosts, it's time to go on the offensive! First, use a psychic Extrasensory to try and put Balsamus out of action, then use Ancientpower to both hit it super effectively and try and boost all of your stats. Finish with another Extrasensory!

Extrasensory ~ Ancientpower ~ Extrasensory

It's all right, Balsamus. We both know how this'll end ;)

Start by firing some Leech Seed at that egg to sap its health. Then Nitro Charge around its AncientPower and into its front; try to get it stuck in a tree or in the water.

Leech Seed~Nitro Charge~
* If Mist is stuck in a tree~ Fire a Varia SolarBeam at it from where you stand!
* If Mist hits the trunk~Seed Bomb at Mist; maybe the tree'll even fall over onto it!
* If Mist falls in the water~ Giga Drainit to recover whatever you lost.
* If none of the above~ Get behind it and Giga Drain!

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
Feel free to pick up a new ref - I've came down with a mild dose of the flu, and it's making reffing a nightmare.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It was a difficult Rapidish ride to get here, but here I am with Diana the Vulpix to step in for dogfish44, who has been taken ill. Surveying the scene, a tough battle is already going on, with Balsamus the Embirch seeming to be taking the lead. Let's review the battlers.

Rolf OOO
Togepi [Mist] (F)

HP: 83
Energy: 78
Actions: Extrasensory ~ Ancientpower ~ Extrasensory

Mewtwo15026 OOO
Embirch [Balsamus] (F)

Energy: 93
Actions: Leech Seed ~ Nitro Charge ~ Solarbeam/Seed Bomb/Giga Drain

Ready?
Fight!

Even though she's afflicted the effects of Thunder Wave, Balsamus still manages to prepare a Leech Seed. Unfortunately, however, Balsamus is fully paralysed! Mist, cackling innocently to itself, shocks the Embirch with a powerful Extrasensory.

Feeling confident, Mist brings together rocks in a mystical fashion, loosing an Ancientpower at Balsamus. The Embirch, having now recovered from the nightmares, had planned for this however and dodged it with Nitro Charge, tackling mist from the front.

Though the impact was not extreme, it is enough to send Mist tottering backwards, falling deep into the water. Balsamus attempts to follow up with a Giga Drain, but cannot see Mist due to the murky depths - she ends up getting some nasty dirty water instead. Yuck! Mist, thoroughly disorientated, decides it's probably best not to use Extrasensory right now.

So after that rebuke for Extrasensory, here are the standings at the end of round three:
Rolf OOO
Togepi [Mist] (F)

HP: 76
Energy: 68
Slightly fried.

Mewtwo15026 OOO
Embirch [Balsamus] (F)

HP: 82
Energy: 89
Burning strong-ish.

mewtwo15026, you're up to attack first!

We've still got the edge here, Balsamus. Let's keep it that way.

Give Mist 2 seconds to get out of the water. If she's out by then, fire a round of Seed Bombs at her; if she's still under, use Growth to kill time. Next, use Growth if you haven't already; otherwise, Flame Wheel Mist from the front to try to knock her into a tree! Finish the round with an almighty SolarBeam directly at Mist! Even if she submerges herself to hide, you can still evaporate most of the water.

Seed Bomb if she's up / Growth if she isn't
Growth if you haven't / Frontal Flame Wheel otherwise
SolarBeam to fry that egg!

Okay Mist, first I want you to Psycho Shock the water behind you just enough to get you onto dry land. It should kick up enough water that the Seed Bomb will only hit you a couple times, as well as moving you up onto dry land because of how light you are. While Balsamus uses Growth, I want you to Encore it, forcing it to use it again for the next two actions. As it's stuck in one place gaining sunlight like a plant, I want you to use Thunder Wave to paralyze it again.

Psycho Shock (evasive) ~ Encore ~ Thunder Wave

Alchemator

Here at the sidelines one combatant seems to have disappeared, lost in the almost opaque pond. Balsamus is standing at the edge peering in, completely perplexed as to where Mist has gone. Let's take a look at the situation:

Rolf OOO
Togepi [Mist] (F)

HP: 76
Energy: 68
In the drink.

Mewtwo15026 OOO
Embirch [Balsamus] (F)

Energy: 89
Confuzzled.

All of a sudden a shock wave is sent through the water and a small, colourful egg comes flying out. Balsamus, evidently shocked by this, attempts to fire off a Seed Bomb, but only a quarter of them find their mark.

Deciding that she needs to be stronger to take on a flying egg, Balsamus takes the time to Growth. Unfortunately, Mist is straight in there with an Encore. Loving the showbiz situation, Balsamus uses Growth again, hearing the joyous crowd ringing in her ears.

Happy but still evil, Mist fires off a Thunder Wave, which paralyses Balsamus through and through. After this, the Togepi seems slightly less malevolent.

Is Mist finally turning the tables? Some creative play certainly put her into a strong position! Let's check up on status at the end of round four!

Rolf OOO
Togepi [Mist] (F)

HP: 72
Energy: 46

Mewtwo15026 OOO
Embirch [Balsamus] (F)

Energy: 73
+2 Attack, +2 Special Attack. 25% paralysis. Encored into Growth (1 more action)

Mist seems to have the upper hand right now, but has dipped below the halfway point in terms of energy. Nobody can predict which way this match-up will go after a display like that!

The Pokémon stand about four feet from each other, with Balsamus' back to the pond.

Rolf you're up to attack first.

Okay Mist, we found ourselves a way to get back on top!

Everyone knows that if you take a plant and put it in water with blue food coloring, then the flower turns blue. What would happen then if a grass-type Pokemon trys to grow using an infested pond? Mist, use Ancientpower to knock Balsamus into the pond as it uses growth one last time. Follow up with an Extrasensory, then finish with another Ancientpower. Serene Grace should hopefully help you here!

If Balsamus seems to want to rush you with any physical move (Nitro Charge especially to get out of the pond), use Charm instead of the chosen attack option. Make yourself cute and they do less damage to you. Magic.

Ancientpower ~ Extrasensory ~ Ancientpower, Charm > last Ancientpower if Nitro Charge is selected (it takes some time to charge I assume, especially when paralyzed, so we should be able to get off the Extrasensory and hope for a flinch before it actually moves)

This battle's moving along at a pleasant clip, Balsamus. Let's get you back the same way.

Order of business number 1: Hide under the lip of the pond closest to Mist so she can't see you. Use Growth first because, honestly, you can't do anything else. Next, take advantage of the boosts by using Nitro Charge to escape the pond and hit Mist! This ought to trigger a Charm, so while it does that, fire a SolarBeam! It's not as taxing because you're part Fire, but it's still gonna knock off a hefty chunk of health.

Hide~Growth~Nitro Charge~Zero SolarBeam

Alchemator

The battlers seem angry being bashed around by each other, and resolve to inflict even more pain and suffering on their opponent! Well, not really. They just want to win. Here's how it stands currently:

Rolf OOO
Togepi [Mist] (F)

HP: 72
Energy: 46

Mewtwo15026 OOO
Embirch [Balsamus] (F)

Energy: 73
+2 Attack, +2 Special Attack. 25% paralysis. Encored into Growth (1 more action)

mewtwo15026 yells out to Balsamus to hide in the point, but the words sadly fall on deaf ears. To be honest they weren't really deaf ears, but Balsamus was too busy pleasing the crowd with Growth to notice. After this she was released from the encore, but realised her errors all too late as an Ancientpower sent her flying into the pond.

Balsamus is quick to react however, and with a quick Nitro Charge she is the second to leap out of the pond. The damage output however was rather miserable, due to the pond taking away most of the fire. Mist, noticing the acrobatics, scorned Balsamus as a copycat with an Extrasensory.

Having seen a Nitro Charge take place, Mist started her next action as Charm, severely lowering Balsamus' Attack. However, this did not stop the latter from using a powerful Solarbeam, sending Mist rolling backward.

So after that eventful round, almost a mirror of the previous round[!], here are the standings:

Rolf OOO
Togepi [Mist] (F)

HP: 41
Energy: 36

Mewtwo15026 OOO
Embirch [Balsamus] (F)

HP: 61
Energy: 74
+1 Special Attack, 25% paralysis.

So at the end of that round it seems that Mist has taken a huge beating from that Growth-boosted Solarbeam, and is running dangerously low on energy.

What could happen next? Over to mewtwo15026 to find out!

Perfect job, Balsamus!

Lesson learned: When acting first, don't use anything that can be Encored. Also, STAY AWAY FROM THE POND!

First, lob a round of Seed Bomb high in the air but so they land around Mist. While she's distracted, fire a SolarBeam at her. Finish the round with a Giga Drain!

High trajectory Seed Bomb~SolarBeam~Giga Drain

If Mist attempts Thunder Wave or AncientPower, change your action to Nitro Charge to dodge the attack and knock her on her butt.

Okay Mist, we have to get some luck on our side sometime.

First, use Psycho Shock as Balsamus uses Seed Bomb. Follow with an Extrasensory. Finish with Morning Sun.

Alchemator

Things are starting to get heated at Peanut Swamp Island, even with Balsamus' lack of Fire-type attacks! It looks like the Pokémon are ready to square off once more, so let's have a quick recap of how things stand at this point in the match.

Rolf OOO
Togepi [Mist] (F)

HP: 41
Energy: 36
Actions: Psycho Shock ~ Extrasensory ~ Morning Sun

Mewtwo15026 OOO
Embirch [Balsamus] (F)

HP: 61
Energy: 74
+1 Special Attack, 25% paralysis.
Actions: Seed Bomb/Nitro Charge ~ Solarbeam ~ Giga Drain

This could indeed be the pivotal match of the battle - will Mist even the odds, or will Balsamus increase her lead? It's time to find out!

Thankful for the paralysis she inflicted earlier, Mist is first to move, blasting a powerful Psycho Shock at the Embirch. This force is enough to make Balsamus topple back into the pond, but not before firing of a volley of Seed Bombs. They were supposed to land around Mist, but due to the Psycho Shock half of the seeds hit Mist herself. Hax God Jirachi has shone down on Balsamus however, and somehow this inflicted a critical hit!

Unable to get any sunlight in the murk of the pond, Balsamus frantically attempts to surface. However, once she does, Mist is waiting with an Extrasensory which - to her trainer's delight - finally flinches Balsamus!

Making use of this opening, Mist takes the time to use Morning Sun, healing 25HP.

I said that it could be the round in which Mist evened the odds, and it seems like she has! She's encountering a bit of an energy problem though... Let's check how things have turned out.

Rolf OOO
Togepi [Mist] (F)

HP: 55
Energy: 9

Mewtwo15026 OOO
Embirch [Balsamus] (F)

HP: 40
Energy: 70
25% paralysis. Shaken but not stirred.

How are things going to turn out? The battle so far has been...

Eggcellent!

Anyway it's Rolf to order first!

Look like we don't have mch choice here mist. Start off by chilling, then chill again, then use ancientpower. If balsamic uses a non-attacking move or fire spin in the first round or second, though, encore it.

Chill-chill-ancientpower
Encore if a non-attacking move or fire spin is used in the action before Mist moves.

All right, we need to fry this egg, and we can't do that if you're still in the pond.

Make sure the recoil from the attack won't knock you into the pond, then fire two Solarbeams in a row at Mist! Next, Nitro Charge to dodge the AncientPower and knock Mist into the pond!

Solarbeam~Solarbeam~Nitro Charge

Alchemator

In the last exciting round of this battle on Peanut Swamp island we saw Mist the Togepi and Balsamus the Embirch duke it out once more, with Mist seeming to come out as the victor, but on dangerously low energy! Let's check the scores on the floor(s).

Rolf OOO
Togepi [Mist] (F)

HP: 55
Energy: 9

Mewtwo15026 OOO
Embirch [Balsamus] (F)

HP: 40
Energy: 70
25% paralysis. Shaken but not stirred.

At such low energy Mist has no option to Chill by bringing out a cool bottle of beer Oran juice and restoring 12% energy. Mist is too busy to notice a rather wet Balsamus dragging itself out of the pond and charging up a Solarbeam, which hits hard.

Though visibly annoyed at receiving a blast of light to the face, Mist continues to Chill while the same situation happens again - Solarbeam throwing the egg backwards.

Finally Mist can't take it any longer and fires off an Ancientpower with her newfound energy. Balsamus has prepared for this and attempts to dodge, but is struck with full paralysis, meaning that she takes the attack head-on. Combined with recoil from the two Solarbeam attacks, this is enough to unfortunately put Balsamus back in the drink.

Having been in the water for so long, Balsamus' Fire-type attacks will now only deal half damage.

So at the end of that round Mist has exchanged some health for restoring 24% of her energy. Was it a wise decision? Will Balsamus' lack of effective Fire-type attacks hinder it? The audience (that is, me and my Vulpix) await the answers with bated breath! Let's take a look at the condition of the combatants at the end of this round.

Rolf OOO
Togepi [Mist] (F)

HP: 27
Energy: 29

Mewtwo15026 OOO
Embirch [Balsamus] (F)

HP: 32
Energy: 56
25% paralysis. Ridin' Solar!

Mist is hanging on for dear life! Could mewtwo15026's next move be the finisher?

Daun. That loss of Fire power really sucks.

lol jk, we don't need it ;)

Get out of the pond and make sure you aren't between it and Mist, got it? Right, then, start with a Giga Drain for kicks, health, and giggles. Next, Seed Bomb in Mist's general direction. While that distracts her, fry that egg with Solarbeam!

If you see an Ancientpower coming, lie flat on the ground to try to dodge it! You can fire off your attacks while you're on your belly, anyway, so it's not much of a problem. If you're down and there's an Ancientpower coming for you, roll over!

Giga Drain~Seed Bomb~Solarbeam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)