Rotation Battle Play

I wish more people played Random Rotations. They're so much fun, but nobody on WiFi actually tries to make teams for it specifically. They're either little kids with in-game Pokemon or just other randoms with goodstuffs and no idea what they're doing.

I tried random rotation, but every single person ended up D/Cing, so I just went back to singles play. I used Subseed Jumpluff, Sub-toxic Tran and DD Gyarados/DDKingdra. I can't remember my 4th slot. I think it was scarfchomp

I wish more people played Random Rotations. They're so much fun, but nobody on WiFi actually tries to make teams for it specifically. They're either little kids with in-game Pokemon or just other randoms with goodstuffs and no idea what they're doing.
I used the most evil team ever.. I had SB Sharpedo, some physical sweeper, then Chansey and Blissey on the field at once. I kind of knew what the UU suspect voters were saying when I played a few battles with Chansey, it took about 40% from Gallade's Brick Break (and my opponent was competent, so it was EV'ed) but suprisingly, Jolteon's Thunder did about the same amount..

But anyways, I've seen specifically-Rotation teams. One in particular is one TR Poké like Musharna (the Poké who was specifically used in the team I saw), a Wish user like Vaporeon, a Power Trick Shuckle with Protect, and the fourth Pokémon is an Endeavor Aron with Protect/Toxic/Sandstorm. Basically, due to how Wish works, you can pass it to either Shuckle or Aron and Protect on the same turn so Sturdy works again. This is basically how you heal Shuckle after he takes a hit in TR after using Power Trick and lives with 1HP, and his other two moves should be Stone Edge and Earthquake. It also heals Aron if something goes wrong with Endeavor (they Rotate to a Ghost, etc.) so you couldn't heal with Shell Bell, and Vaporeon's Heal Bell will keep status off of your "sweepers".

Here's an interesting question, If i use haze, does it eliminate the stat changes on ALL the Pokemon on the Rotation field or just the active Pokemon. Also does heal bell heal every Pokemon on my team or just the user and the Pokemom in its ball?

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Only the active Pokemon is affected by Haze. The other Pokemon are untargetable.

I believe Heal Bell should heal all the Pokemon in your team like it does in Doubles and Triples.

Well, my strategy in Rotation battles revolves around the Invincible Aron. He actually does better here than in Single Battles, with pokemon right beside him like Tyranitar and Whimsicott to cover his weaknesses and set up for him. I send out Tyranitar first, kicking in Sandstorm, then rotating to Whimsicott to Leech Seed, then having Aron sweep the field. The fourth pokemon would have to be a draw from Raikou, Suicune, or Entei, depending on the opponent. I'd tell you the rest of the strategy but I'm afraid I'll see you in battle XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)