Rotom Forms

All of these rotoms are ruined. That means the new ghosts are the only good bulky ghosts...

Its really a shame they had to do this...

And wtf is the rotom fan. It really has levitate?

Why does everyone think Rotoms are bad now? Do you not like new type coverage? Oh and Water/Elec Rotom with Swimming Goggles isn't good enough for you?

And I'm not sure if it's confirmed, but perhaps the fan version will have a different ability because of this.

At least Tyranitar won't be forcing you to fear Crunch to the point of defensive investment specifically to live a Crunch, right? What's better? You still cripple the hell out of T-Tar.

Bad news? Machamp no longer cares for anyone other than Electric/Flying.

At least Tyranitar won't be forcing you to fear Crunch to the point of defensive investment specifically to live a Crunch, right? What's better? You still cripple the hell out of T-Tar.

Bad news? Machamp no longer cares for anyone other than Electric/Flying.
And you're very right. Although I fear Tar more than Champ, in most ways. I truly like this change, and to compensate, we have awesome ghost types, so we can use a rotom forme, AND a spin blocker!

looks like dusknoir will reclaim its spot on a team for a spin blocker as its the only useful ghost pokemon now, unless you are playing in Ubers where you have a ghost type that can do dusknoir's job a lot better.

*Sigh* There goes the best spin blocker we ever had >____>.
The only one of these i see legit is probably the Water/Electric.

All of them are really good, but my favorite is the less-bulky-ground-immunity Lanturn O_o

I´d like to try a mono-rotom TEAM!!!

I'd just like to point out that Rotom-W can act as a Shanndera (Fire Ghost) counter. Resists fire, no longer weak to Shadow Ball and access to a powerful STAB Hydro Pump, and ability to put it to sleep. Now we just need to ban shadow tag, or prove it's been de-buffed.

I suppose it's worth pointing out that this makes Rotoms S, f and H weak to Stealth Rock, which may or may not affect their usage in Gen 5. Also, lol at a Flying type having the ability Levitate. -_-

To be fair, it was never legit to use Ghost Rotom-A over Wi-Fi, so everyone who misses it was a Shoddy user. Not that it makes me miss it less, now my Steel Stall team is ruined Q_Q

Does Rotom-S's double ground immunity make it immune with Iron Ball or Gravity in effect?

Loss of Ghost STAB makes SubCharge sweeping less viable (no More HP Fite/Shadow Ball perfect coverage), but it makes each forme an independent Pokemon that has its own independent strengths and weaknesses. I can see the Wash Forme easily being the best based on typing alone, both offensively and defensively, but I have been wishing for an Electric/Flying alternative to Zapdos and an Electric/Grass type for a long time. Rotom-S will be a great defensive player, especially if it keeps Pain Split somehow.

Heat and Fridge Rotoms have retarded dual STABs. They can suck my dick, STAB Electric/Fire and BoltBeam makes my life that much harder when trying to think defensively without actually doing much outside of harassing particular Pokemon combos. Which, to say, is that they will be extremely useful tools in countering this generation's attackers.

How does Heat Rotom have Bad Dual stabs?

Water can't touch it because of Electric STAB. It would be stupid with its 4x Weakness to Earthquake, but Levitate ends up being a perfect defense against its greatest weakness. The only thing to be concerned about is Rock types, in which case just pack Hidden Power Grass, so you can take out those Water/Grounds too. Rotom-H's typing is just pure energy, it could be an awesome special attacking force.

You know what would be cool? Double immunity to flying, and if it makes Rotom-Fan ALWAYS (through Gravity and Iron ball and all of that) be immune to EQ. Sort of gimmicish, but eh.

Rotom-I @ Lefties(to differentiate between the Fan and the Fridge)
Modest/Timid
Thunderbolt
Blizzard
Hidden Power [Water]
Trick(carry specs)/WoW/Shadow Ball

Rotom-I now likes being on Hail Stall teams more than it did before: it no longer takes damage in hail. But Hail Stall teams dislike Rotom for a similar reason it no longer spin blocks (although I think Spinners can spin away hazards even with a Ghost out now). It loses STAB in Shadow Ball, but picks up a more powerful Blizzard. If Rotom wants to dance in the rain with DrizzleToad it can swap out Bolt for pure Thunder meaning it has a 100% accuracy STAB weather move to abuse in 2 out of the 4 kinds of weather. Rotom-I hates SR more than before but still ignores Spike and Toxic Spikes. Hidden Power [Ice] can be used over Blizzard if you prefer accuracy over power and you don't plan on using Rotom-I in Hail and while it's Rotom's only other Ice Type move, imo Electic/Water/Ice works on better on Rotom-W.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
@Yogi Bear.: Aiming Mark removes the holder's immunities, not the opponent's, so hail stall teams are losing a significant spin blocker. But overall, I think it will be a powerful addition to Hail Stall, as a more offensive member, as opposed to the defensive spinblocker it was before.

@Yogi Bear.: Aiming Mark removes the holder's immunities, not the opponent's, so hail stall teams are losing a significant spin blocker. But overall, I think it will be a powerful addition to Hail Stall, as a more offensive member, as opposed to the defensive spinblocker it was before.
I wasn't talking about Aiming Mark. I (think I) read somewhere on Smogon that Rapid Spin's secondary effect of knocking away entry hazards still happens if the enemy is a Ghost Type. I'm skeptical at best about it's truth but I can't find the post in question.

Ruined the five best spinblockers in the game. At least they retain Levitate and are available on WiFi this time around.

Washer Rotom is divide by zero good. Electric/Water is both great STAB and typing, and with levitate, your only weakness comes in the form of Ground moves.

Electric/Fire is also great STAB, seeing as Electric and Fire are two of the top 5 most common attacking types in OU.

Electric/Ice is perfect STAB, and relatively good defensive typing. Blizzard is unreliable outside of Hail though.

They all lost their ability to spin block, but then again, Spikes + SR is less common this generation. At least some of them have another STAB move to abuse.

Why does everyone think Rotoms are bad now? Do you not like new type coverage? Oh and Water/Elec Rotom with Swimming Goggles isn't good enough for you?

And I'm not sure if it's confirmed, but perhaps the fan version will have a different ability because of this.
Swimming Goggles confirmed a hoax.

Man, that would've been nightmarish anyway.

And as for old bulky Ghosts, we have Dusknoir and Dusclops with Pre-Evo Stone.

blocking Explosion doesn't matter that much since it's now half as powerful... I miss the real Explosion...

Just a problem with the OP: Both Quagsire and Gamageroge are completely immune to Water/Electric offensive typing. You forgot to put that in there.

Just a problem with the OP: Both Quagsire and Gamageroge are completely immune to Water/Electric offensive typing. You forgot to put that in there.
Similarly, due to Storm Drain's new effects, Gastrodon is also immune to both of Rotom-W's STABs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)