Rotom-W (Life Orb)

Better post before I forget. Can't think of anything else to add at the moment. I'll edit if I think of something. Thank you.

[SET]
name: Life Orb
move 1: Thunderbolt
move 2: Shadow Ball
move 3: Hydro Pump
move 4: Pain Split
item: Life Orb
nature: Timid
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With dual STAB accompanied by Hydro Pump, Rotom-W can become a big threat to unprepared teams. Its STAB moves leave little to be desired, only resisted by Magnezone and Steelix in standard play. Hydro Pump allows Rotom-W to hit both of these Pokémon, and more importantly, OHKO Heatran and 2HKO incoming Tyranitar. Although the final moveslot can be changed as you see fit, Pain Split is recommended as it is a great move against Blissey. With max Speed, Rotom-W is faster than Adamant Lucario, which allows you to revenge kill him. Some other notable Pokémon Rotom-W outspeeds are Naive Heatran, Timid Suicune, and Jolly Gyarados. Gliscor and Swampert work well with this Rotom-W, as they easily counter Choice Scarf Tyranitar, who is a huge threat to this set. Heatran is a great Blissey lure, and can kill her with Explosion, allowing Rotom-W to sweep unhindered.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p>There are many other moves Rotom-W can use in place of Pain Split : Toxic takes care of most walls, including Blissey. Charge Beam can grant Rotom-W a Special Attack boost on the switch, and Will-O-Wisp will burn Tyranitar, reducing damage against your team. Substitute is a good move to scout the foe's switch-in, and avoid any Choice Scarf Tyranitar coming in. The ability to evade status is also a great help, especially against Blissey, who otherwise cannot harm Rotom-W.</p>

<p>If you plan to sweep with this Rotom-W, you'll need to weaken the foe's team and eliminate threats such as Tyranitar, Blissey, and Snorlax. Heatran does heavy damage to incoming Tyranitar and can also blow up on Blissey. You can also attempt to Trick Blissey with a Pokémon such as Starmie. A Blissey locked into a single move is easily beaten by Pain Split or set up on with Charge Beam. Scizor and Breloom are both excellent counters to Blissey and good checks to Tyranitar as well. If you plan on using Rotom-W as a Heatran or Tyranitar lure, try using Hydro Pump as often as you can, as Choice Scarf Tyranitar will outspeed and KO Rotom-W with Crunch. This can help set up a sweep for Pokémon such as Nasty Plot Azelf, Life Orb Starmie, and others who dread Choice Scarf Tyranitar. If you lure and kill Heatran, Scizor can also set up and sweep more easily with Swords Dance. Machamp is a great counter to Tyranitar, and can set up a Substitute or Bulk Up on those locked into a resisted attack.</p>

Just a few things. This set isn't walled by Shedinja, Shadow Ball OHKOs it.

Also you mention Charge Beaming Blissey in Additional Comments when Charge Beam isn't even a suggested move. I think you should re-read everything again

grammar checking cause i love this set
typo, incorrect grammar, punctuation mistakes etc
awkward english, deleted stuff etc

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With dual STAB accompanied by Hydro Pump, Rotom-W becomes a big threat to unprepared teams. Its STAB moves leaves little to be desired, only resisted by Magnezone (removed shedinja) and Steelix. Hydro Pump allows you to hit both of those Pokemon, and more importantly, (dunno how smogon writes but that's how i do it) OHKO Heatran and 2HKO incoming Tyranitar. The final moveslot can be changed as you see fit, with Pain Split being a great move against Blissey. Toxic also takes care of most walls, Blissey included. Charge Beam can grant you a Special Attack boost on the switch, while Will-O-Wisp will burn Tyranitar, reducing its damage against you. By maxing out Speed, Rotom-W is faster than Adamant Lucario, allowing you to revenge kill it. Some other notable Pokemon Rotom-w outspeeds are Naive Heatran, Timid Suicune, and Jolly Gyarados. Gliscor and Swampert work well with this Rotom-W as they easily counter Choice Scarf Tyranitar, who is a huge threat to this set, as it can switch in freely on anything but Hydro Pump. Heatran is a great Blissey lure, and can kill it with Explosion, allowing Rotom-W to sweep with a lot less trouble.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p>If you plan to sweep with this Rotom-W, you'll need to weaken the foe's team and eliminate threats such as Tyranitar, Blissey, and Snorlax. Choice Specs Latias does heavy damage to incoming Tyranitar or Snorlax, and can also Trick Blissey. A Blissey locked into a single move is easily beaten (not sure if informality like that is allowed) by Pain Split or set up on with Charge Beam. Scizor and Breloom are both excellent counters to Blissey and good checks to Tyranitar as well. If you plan on using Rotom-W as a Heatran or Tyranitar lure, try using Hydro Pump as often as you can, as Choice Scarf Tyranitar will outspeed you and KO you with Crunch. This can help set up a Calm Mind Latias sweep, who dreads Tyranitar and is often walled by Heatran.</p>

Better post before I forget. Can't think of anything else to add at the moment. I'll edit if I think of something. Thank you.
i'm not a grammar checker like jumpluff or toaster so i probably missed a lot of stuff

Zeyre said:
Also you mention Charge Beaming Blissey in Additional Comments when Charge Beam isn't even a suggested move. I think you should re-read everything again
if a move is a good choice, but not good enough to warrant a suggestion, it's shafted to set comments. stuff like lum berry on ddmence is an example of that

I think Substitute is a possible addition to this set, forming subsplit to cause major problems for Blissey, especially if you have Toxic Spikes support. Maybe over Thunderbolt, since Shadow Ball covers things like Gyarados fairly well anyway, and you need Hydro Pump for the ever common scarftar.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With dual STAB accompanied by Hydro Pump, Rotom-W becomes a big threat to unprepared teams. Its STAB moves leave little to be desired, only resisted by Magnezone and Steelix in OU. Hydro Pump allows you to hit both of those Pokemon, and more importantly, OHKO Heatran and 2HKO incoming Tyranitar. The final moveslot can be changed as you see fit, with Pain Split being a great move against Blissey. Toxic also takes care of most walls, Blissey included. Charge Beam can grant you a Special Attack boost on the switch, while Will-O-Wisp will burn Tyranitar, reducing its damage against you. By maxing out Speed, Rotom-W is faster than Adamant Lucario, allowing you to revenge kill it. Some other notable Pokemon Rotom-W outspeeds are Naive Heatran, Timid Suicune, and Jolly Gyarados. Gliscor and Swampert work well with this Rotom-W as they easily counter Choice Scarf Tyranitar, who is a huge threat to this set, as it can switch in freely on anything but Hydro Pump. Heatran is a great Blissey lure, and can kill her with Explosion, allowing Rotom-W to sweep with a lot less trouble.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p>If you plan to sweep with this Rotom-W, you'll need to weaken the foe's team and eliminate threats such as Tyranitar, Blissey, and Snorlax. Choice Specs Latias does heavy damage to incoming Tyranitar or Snorlax, and can also Trick Blissey. A Blissey locked into a single move is easily beaten by Pain Split or set up on with Charge Beam. Scizor and Breloom are both excellent counters to Blissey, and good checks to Tyranitar as well. If you plan on using Rotom-W as a Heatran or Tyranitar lure, try using Hydro Pump as often as you can, as Choice Scarf Tyranitar will outspeed and KO you with Crunch. This can help set up a Calm Mind Latias sweep, who dreads Tyranitar and is often walled by Heatran.</p>

I think Substitute is a possible addition to this set, forming subsplit to cause major problems for Blissey, especially if you have Toxic Spikes support. Maybe over Thunderbolt, since Shadow Ball covers things like Gyarados fairly well anyway, and you need Hydro Pump for the ever common scarftar.
I agree with this. not only can it hlp with pokemon like TTar but I think Charge Beam should be mentioned over T Bolt and Sub over Shadow Ball. Charge Beam and Sub will help you take Blissey down easier and it lets you get a few more Charge Beams in there. Hydro Pump is a must tho to take out ScarfTar

I think Sub should be slashed in there because it blocks status, synergizes well with Pain Split (Sub down whenever necessary, Pain Split when possible). Also, it protects you from things like ScarfTar's Pursuit.

I agree with this. not only can it hlp with pokemon like TTar but I think Charge Beam should be mentioned over T Bolt and Sub over Shadow Ball. Charge Beam and Sub will help you take Blissey down easier and it lets you get a few more Charge Beams in there. Hydro Pump is a must tho to take out ScarfTar
the lo recoil would kill you if you used subcharge, plus there's already a better set for that. and rotom-h does it better cause it forces switches from lucario and scizor. everything you can hit for heavy damage with hydro pump can ko you

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Alright, perhaps Charge Beam in as a slash over Pain Split? Granted, the recovery is a great option to have. Won't deny that. Charge Beam can be used to finish off weakened Pokemon (or on switches that aren't dangerous) and obtain +1 to its SpA. I would think that's worth mentioning unless it doesn't net any necessary KOes. If you'd like me to look into it, feel free to ask me.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Analyses aren't only for Shoddy, and I'm not a fan of noting Shoddy glitches in analyses. Also, when SB2 comes out, it won't matter, and anyone on WiFi (that is, the few that are willing to AR for Rotom-A to be usable) might get confused.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Vouching for sub. I have used this set in the past and I can say Substitute its pretty great, though I think it should be slashed with Pain Split. While it does make your life way shorter, the bonus it gives of being able to completely evade most status and also lessen the prediction needed is very damn good.

The 3 moves are pretty much must since if you arent OHKOing Gyarados, it can get a DD and kill you, plus threaten your whole team (not that a lot of Gyarados like to set up on rotom, though once your opponent discovers your set it will be very terrible to face). Another one would be, for example, bulky trapper CB Scizor (the one that reduces attack to reach a high stat of SpDef), who isnt 2HKOd by Hydro Pump.

If you think the easy HP lose from this is too big, then by all means slash it with thunderbolt, though I wouldnt recommend it.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Substitute also allows you to escape from a healthy Scarf Ttar, as Hydro Pump only 2HKOes it (like you state). It can also ease prediction.

I would also like to see maybe a mention of Machamp, who can take advantage of a Crunch/Pursuit off of Scarftar and set up its own Substitute.

I'll add Machamp to set comments, I'm just reluctant to add Substitute / Charge Beam as a slash because of how ugly and long it will look. Putting in Charge Beam and Substitute, in two different slots, makes it too similar to the already on-site SubBeam set I think. I'll definitely add Sub to set comments though. Thank you all.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With dual STAB accompanied by Hydro Pump, Rotom-W becomes a big threat to unprepared teams. Its STAB moves leaves little to be desired, only resisted by Magnezone and Steelix in OU. Hydro Pump allows you to hit both of those Pokemon, and more importantly, OHKO Heatran and 2HKO incoming Tyranitar. The final moveslot can be changed as you see fit, with Pain Split being a great move against Blissey. By maxing out Speed, Rotom-W is faster than Adamant Lucario, allowing you to revenge kill it. Some other notable Pokemon Rotom-w outspeeds are Naive Heatran, Timid Suicune, and Jolly Gyarados. Gliscor and Swampert work well with this Rotom-W as they easily counter Choice Scarf Tyranitar, who is a huge threat to this set, as it can switch in freely on anything but Hydro Pump. Heatran is a great Blissey lure, and can kill it with Explosion, allowing Rotom-W to sweep with a lot less trouble.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p>There are many more moves Rotom-W can use in place of Pain Split.
Toxic takes care of most walls, Blissey included. Charge Beam can grant you a Special Attack boost on the switch, while Will-O-Wisp will burn Tyranitar, reducing its damage against you. Substitute is a good move to scout the foe's switch in, and avoid any Choice Scarf Tyranitar coming in. The ability to evade status is also a great help, especially against Blissey who cannot harm you otherwise.</p>

<p>If you plan to sweep with this Rotom-W, you'll need to weaken the foe's team and eliminate threats such as Tyranitar, Blissey, and Snorlax. Choice Specs Latias does heavy damage to incoming Tyranitar or Snorlax, and can also Trick Blissey. A Blissey locked into a single move is easily beaten by Pain Split or set up on with Charge Beam. Scizor and Breloom are both excellent counters to Blissey and good checks to Tyranitar as well. If you plan on using Rotom-W as a Heatran or Tyranitar lure, try using Hydro Pump as often as you can, as Choice Scarf Tyranitar will outspeed you and KO you with Crunch. This can help set up a Calm Mind Latias sweep, who dreads Tyranitar and is often walled by Heatran. Machamp is a great counter to Tyranitar, and he can set up a Substitute or Bulk Up on those locked into a resisted attack.</p>

Just a little minor nitpick in bold.

All mentions of Latias removed. This looks to me like its ready to go on site. Might I suggest it replaces the Choice Specs set? I haven't seen anybody use it, nor do I think being locked into Shadow Ball or Thunderbolt, which Ground-types can set up on, is a very good idea especially when you can't even revenge kill things like Starmie and Infernape.

All mentions of Latias removed. This looks to me like its ready to go on site.
Before an analysis gets put on-site, it needs two checks from the Grammar-Prose Team.

Grammar-Prose Edit 1/2:
remove anything in red
add/keep anything in blue
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With dual STAB accompanied by Hydro Pump, Rotom-W can become becomes a big threat to unprepared teams. Its STAB moves leave little to be desired, only resisted by Magnezone and Steelix in OU. Hydro Pump allows Rotom-W you to hit both of those Pok
émon, and more importantly, OHKO Heatran and 2HKO incoming Tyranitar. The final moveslot can be changed as you see fit, with Pain Split being a great move against Blissey. By maxing out Speed, Rotom-W is faster than Adamant Lucario, allowing you to revenge kill it. Some other notable Pokémon Rotom-W outspeeds are Naive Heatran, Timid Suicune, and Jolly Gyarados. Gliscor and Swampert work well with this Rotom-W, as they easily counter Choice Scarf Tyranitar, who is a huge threat to this set, as it can switch in freely on anything but Hydro Pump. Heatran is a great Blissey lure, and can kill her it with Explosion, allowing Rotom-W to sweep unhindered with a lot less trouble.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p>There are many other more moves Rotom-W can use in place of Pain Split.
Toxic takes care of most walls, Blissey included. Charge Beam can grant Rotom-W you a Special Attack boost on the switch, while Will-O-Wisp will burn Tyranitar, reducing its damage against Rotom-W you. Substitute is a good move to scout the foe's switch-in, and avoid any Choice Scarf Tyranitar coming in. The ability to evade status is also a great help, especially against Blissey, who otherwise cannot harm Rotom-W you otherwise.</p>

<p>If you plan to sweep with this Rotom-W, you'll need to weaken the foe's team and eliminate threats such as Tyranitar, Blissey, and Snorlax. Heatran does heavy damage to incoming Tyranitar and can also blow up on Blissey. You can also attempt to Trick Blissey with Starmie or another Pokémon. A Blissey locked into a single move is easily beaten by Pain Split or set up on with Charge Beam. Scizor and Breloom are both excellent counters to Blissey and good checks to Tyranitar as well. If you plan on using Rotom-W as a Heatran or Tyranitar lure, try using Hydro Pump as often as you can, as Choice Scarf Tyranitar will outspeed you and KO Rotom-W you with Crunch. This can help set up a sweep for Pokémon such as Nasty Plot Azelf, Life Orb Starmie, and others who dread Choice Scarf Tyranitar. If you lure and kill Heatran, Scizor can also set up and sweep more easily much easier with Swords Dance. Machamp is a great counter to Tyranitar, and can set up a Substitute or Bulk Up on Machamp those locked into a resisted attack.</p>

Try to limit your usage of second-person, as it shows weak prose.

jc104

Humblest person ever
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With dual STAB accompanied by Hydro Pump, Rotom-W can become a big threat to unprepared teams. Its STAB moves leave little to be desired, only resisted by Magnezone and Steelix in standard play. Hydro Pump allows Rotom-W to hit both of these Pokémon, and more importantly, OHKO Heatran and 2HKO incoming Tyranitar. Although the final moveslot can be changed as you see fit, Pain Split is recommended as it is a great move against Blissey. With max(or maximum) Speed, Rotom-W is faster than Adamant Lucario, which allows you to revenge kill him. Some other notable Pokémon Rotom-W outspeeds are Naive Heatran, Timid Suicune, and Jolly Gyarados. Gliscor and Swampert work well with this Rotom-W, as they easily counter Choice Scarf Tyranitar, who is a huge threat to this set. Heatran is a great Blissey lure, and can kill her with Explosion, allowing Rotom-W to sweep unhindered.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p>There are many other moves Rotom-W can use in place of Pain Split: Toxic takes care of most walls, including Blissey. Charge Beam can grant Rotom-W a Special Attack boost on the switch, and Will-O-Wisp will burn Tyranitar, reducing damage against your team. Substitute is a good move to scout the foe's switch-in, and avoid any Choice Scarf Tyranitar coming in. The ability to evade status is also a great help, especially against Blissey, who otherwise cannot harm Rotom-W.</p>

<p>If you plan to sweep with this Rotom-W, you'll need to weaken the foe's team and eliminate threats such as Tyranitar, Blissey, and Snorlax. Heatran does heavy damage to incoming Tyranitar and can also blow up on Blissey. You can also attempt to Trick Blissey with a Pokémon such as Starmie. A Blissey locked into a single move is easily beaten by Pain Split or set up on with Charge Beam. Scizor and Breloom are both excellent counters to Blissey and good checks to Tyranitar as well. If you plan on using Rotom-W as a Heatran or Tyranitar lure, try using Hydro Pump as often as you can, as Choice Scarf Tyranitar will outspeed and KO Rotom-W with Crunch. This can help set up a sweep for Pokémon such as Nasty Plot Azelf, Life Orb Starmie, and others who dread Choice Scarf Tyranitar. If you lure and kill Heatran, Scizor can also set up and sweep more easily with Swords Dance. Machamp is a great counter to Tyranitar, and can set up a Substitute or Bulk Up on those (DZ made an error here) locked into a resisted attack.</p>
Edited directly over Draco Zephyr's check. Note that although use of the second person may be a sign of weak prose, merely replacing the word "you" does not necessarily strengthen it. The analyses are also fairly informal and should probably remain that way. Since it is far from wrong, note that changing it is entirely left to your discretion.

edit - its bizarre how when I c+p this in, every one of DZ's edits comes up in bold again

GP Check 2/2

Now you can PM a mod to have this uploaded.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
jc104, be careful when editing over changes. You introduced four missing spaces in that one.
"Its STAB moves leavelittle to be desired"
"and can kill herwith Explosion"
"There are many othermoves Rotom-W"
"will outspeed and KO Rotom-Wwith Crunch"

jc104

Humblest person ever
Thankyou for pointing that out ete, although note that copy and paste should not be used by the analysis writer anyway.

Necessary changes will be made.

The missing spaces come from deleting material in red from DZ's edit, if you wanted to know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)