RU C&C Index: look here if you need to reserve an analysis

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I guess that kind of crossed my mind tbh, but Ninjask does have a lot more initial Speed to work with, idk.
The greater initial Speed is nice, but generally doesn't make much of a difference considering both Ninjask and Combusken ideally want to pass off the Speed Boosts to their teammates, rather than use the boosts themselves. Combusken's added bulk, neutrality to SR, and decent STAB options means that it isn't completely ruined should its attempt to pass boosts be stopped a time or two, whereas Ninjask almost always is due to frailty and 4x SR weakness.

Psywaves

Procrastinating Pedantic Perfectionist™
is a Contributor Alumnus
The greater initial Speed is nice, but generally doesn't make much of a difference considering both Ninjask and Combusken ideally want to pass off the Speed Boosts to their teammates, rather than use the boosts themselves. Combusken's added bulk, neutrality to SR, and decent STAB options means that it isn't completely ruined should its attempt to pass boosts be stopped a time or two, whereas Ninjask almost always is due to frailty and 4x SR weakness.
That's fair enough, I suppose :]

Magmortar isn't on the list of pokemon that are getting analysis. Currently I don't think anyone thinks its viable enough to get analysis, since it's mostly completely outclassed by Delphox.
I don't think Magmortar is the same as Delphox as it play a different role and can be mixed with Earthquake and can use other decent physical moves like Cross Chop and also has other decent special moves like Thunderbolt to deal with Water-types which Delphox doesn't have. If Delphox is considered the "best" Fire-type Pokémon in the tier it doesn't mean other viable Pokémon shouldn't get analyses.

Last edited:

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I don't think Magmortar is the same as Delphox as it play a different role and can be mixed with Earthquake and can use other decent physical moves like Cross Chop and also has other decent special moves like Thunderbolt to deal with Grass-types which Delphox doesn't have. If Delphox is considered the "best" Fire-type Pokémon in the tier it doesn't mean other viable Pokémon shouldn't get analyses.
What is Earthquake and Cross Chop hitting that Fire Blast doesn't hit harder? Cross Chop hits Rock-types in general and Registeel I guess, which Delphox can hit with Grass Knot and Fire Blast, respectively. Delphox has Grass Knot which can deal with Water-types (I think you meant that instead of Grass-types lol), a much higher speed, a good secondary STAB as well as access to Calm Mind which every stall team has to account for.

What is Earthquake and Cross Chop hitting that Fire Blast doesn't hit harder? Cross Chop hits Rock-types in general and Registeel I guess, which Delphox can hit with Grass Knot and Fire Blast, respectively. Delphox has Grass Knot which can deal with Water-types (I think you meant that instead of Grass-types lol), a much higher speed, a good secondary STAB as well as access to Calm Mind which every stall team has to account for.
Er... Why would you use Cross Schop to hit Registeel? Why not just use Fire Blast with Magmortar? Magmortar is really outclassed by Delphox, I mean, there is no reason to use Magmortar over Delphox. And if there is some odd reason that Magmotar is better, I'm pretty sure the reasons that Magmortar > Delphox is less than the reasons for Delphox > Magmortar. ... I write badly.

Earthquake hits Lanturn and Dragalge which can be a problem otherwhise and also some Rock-types like Tyrantrum. And I meant Water-types, my bad.

Earthquake hits Lanturn and Dragalge which can be a problem otherwhise and also some Rock-types like Tyrantrum. And I meant Water-types, my bad.
Woe wait wat. How many Lanturn and Dragalge do you see in the metagame. Sure, Tyrantrum is somewhat common, but that is no reason why you would have to use a Magmortar to counter them. They aren't common enough, and they aren't too big of a threat to any team. And if they are rip.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)