RU C&C Index: look here if you need to reserve an analysis

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ok, updated the OP, so everything that recently changed reservations / reservations now in progress should be correct. If there are errors, let me know

Enki, currently, there are no available analyses for reservation, but always be on the lookout for if someone has to drop an analysis or if one gets reassigned!

HypnoEmpire

Yokatta...
I'm badged now (yay), so I would like to reserve Whirlipede.

With access to Speed Boost this gen, it's an effective Spikes and Toxic Spikes stacker. After two Speed Boosts, it can outspeed the entire unboosted tier. It also has Endeavor, which is pretty cool and limits its switch-ins. It's arguably one of the best HO leads. I know it has some flaws, such as not being really fast without those Speed Boosts, it's frail, and it faces competition with Accelgor on HO, but I feel as though its positive traits exceed its faults.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Found some of my own failures with updates, so fixed those along with updating the OP to include Gourgeixt-XL's completion and me getting Bouffalant in progress. Let me know if anything isn't accurately shown!

Ningildo considering Worldtour is in charge of reassigning analyses, I'd advise sending him a VM / PM. He'd be able to provide you with a more accurate answer on that than I (or probably any other QC member) probably could.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
K I did ctrl+f Lickylicky in the first page and found nothing, so here goes.

I was wondering whether it was getting analysis or not. It's got pretty good stats all around, with 110/95/95 defensive stats and 85/80/50 offensive stats. Additionally, it's got a very colourful movepool, and what sets it away from other Wish passers like Alomomola is access to Heal Bell. It's also got access to wonderful offensive moves with stuff like Fire Blast (Fire Punch), Thunderbolt, Body Slam, Knock Off, Dragon Tail, and even niche things like Counter that can be surprising. Now, some obligatory calcs:

(calcs mostly for spdef lickilicky but phys def is also viable.)
252+ Atk Life Orb Sharpedo Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Lickilicky: 133-156 (31.3 - 36.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Zoroark Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Lickilicky: 133-157 (31.3 - 37%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Sharpedo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Lickilicky: 216-255 (50.9 - 60.1%) -- 87.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Sharpedo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Lickilicky: 153-183 (36 - 43.1%) -- 96.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Sharpedo Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Lickilicky: 185-218 (43.6 - 51.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Yanmega Bug Buzz vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Lickilicky: 144-172 (33.9 - 40.5%) -- 42.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Yanmega Bug Buzz vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Lickilicky: 168-198 (39.6 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Delphox Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Lickilicky: 186-220 (43.8 - 51.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Delphox Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Lickilicky: 183-216 (43.1 - 50.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Zoroark Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Lickilicky: 168-199 (39.6 - 46.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Moltres Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Lickilicky: 169-200 (39.8 - 47.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Exploud Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Lickilicky: 220-259 (51.8 - 61%) -- 95.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (doesn't take it very well i admit, but who does)

etc. etc. It seems pretty viable to me with the reasons I stated above, and its able to take hits from the hardest hitters in RU really well based on the calcs I ran.

also, credits to thinking of writing lickilicky go to Sapphire. ~

edit: I also feel obliged to talk about its faults too, and not only the colourful side. I'm going to start with its normal typing; it doesn't give it any resistances at all, an immunity to Ghost, and a weakness to Fighting-types, which means it doesn't like Hitmonlee, one of the most common spinners/wallbreakers in RU. It's got okay-ish attacking stats, but its kinda too slow and its offensive presence isn't exactly high. It also suffers from 4MSS a bit; wants to run all of wish/protect/body slam/heal bell/fire blast/knock off/dragon tail but can't, and has to settle with four of them only.

Last edited:
do you guys think I could try my hand at Lilligant? Its the same thing as Venomoth with Sleep Powder and Quiver Dance, except it doesnt have access to baton pass, and is its own attacker. It has better than or equal stats than venomoth in almost every stat, but it doesnt block taunts with wonder. But, venomoth isnt in this tier. Its pretty frail, but when it puts an opponent to sleep it gives it a nice chance to set up.

I'd also like to take Volbeat, as it is a pretty nifty prankster user with access to a wide variety of moves to complement the abillity in substitute, encore, light screen, thunder wave, confuse ray, and tailwind. It also has reliable recovery in roost and moonlight, a large offensive movepool, and most importantly, baton pass and its signature, tail glow. This makes it an excellent team player, as it cripples opponents, sets up for its teammates, and passes substitutes and boosts. This makes it an excellent support pokemon, and allows its teammates to often sweep.

What does Furfrou even do? It lacks recovery and it is very easily set up on. It has a pretty cool ability, I'll give you that, but it seems extremely niche and not worth it in the long run versus other walls like Alomomola which have much more utility overall.
I'll grant you that Furfrou is far from perfect (try saying that 3 times fast) but it is also far from worthless. For the purpose of bring brief, Furfrou has a surprisingly high attack stat, at least compared to other walls like Chansey. It's ability is useful in that Pokemon typed with Furfrou's only weakness almost never focus on the Special Attack stat, so they are all forced to slog through Fur Coat. As its Wall potential lies in its ability, not stats, it has more room to invest in attacking; a sort of Pivot-Wall combo. It's access to a STAB Retaliate and U Turn make Hit and Run a viable tactic, Refresh (a move many Offensive Pokemon lack) heals its Status ailments, and it's fast enough to serve as a Revenge Killer. True, it's put on a timer when it's ability is stopped by things like Mold Breaker, and it's movepool is severely low on worthwhile coverage moves, no Pokemon is truly without flaw. As this forum is not dedicated to debates, however justified, I would like to end my side of this here; Though I will add that, since their types do not cause redundancy, Alomomola and Furfrou make excellent Teammates, with the former passing big Wish recovery and the latter aiding in the fight against Alomomola's switchins.
Thank you though, for the thought provocation (sometimes we can get a bit too forgiving of our favorite Pokemon's flaws) and I welcome you to view the Furfrou Analysis one it is complete. Merci~

I'll grant you that Furfrou is far from perfect (try saying that 3 times fast) but it is also far from worthless. For the purpose of bring brief, Furfrou has a surprisingly high attack stat, at least compared to other walls like Chansey. It's ability is useful in that Pokemon typed with Furfrou's only weakness almost never focus on the Special Attack stat, so they are all forced to slog through Fur Coat. As its Wall potential lies in its ability, not stats, it has more room to invest in attacking; a sort of Pivot-Wall combo. It's access to a STAB Retaliate and U Turn make Hit and Run a viable tactic, Refresh (a move many Offensive Pokemon lack) heals its Status ailments, and it's fast enough to serve as a Revenge Killer. True, it's put on a timer when it's ability is stopped by things like Mold Breaker, and it's movepool is severely low on worthwhile coverage moves, no Pokemon is truly without flaw. As this forum is not dedicated to debates, however justified, I would like to end my side of this here; Though I will add that, since their types do not cause redundancy, Alomomola and Furfrou make excellent Teammates, with the former passing big Wish recovery and the latter aiding in the fight against Alomomola's switchins.
Thank you though, for the thought provocation (sometimes we can get a bit too forgiving of our favorite Pokemon's flaws) and I welcome you to view the Furfrou Analysis one it is complete. Merci~
Furfrou and alomomola are both physical walls and the fact that furfrou needs both cleric and wish support is already a letdown. Furfrou's only means of recovery is resttalk and it can work like a pseudo snorlax/defensive crocune with whirlwind but I don't really feel that fur coat is at all a reason for having an analysis. Also it really sucks being a defensive normal type in this ru meta because lee is EVERYWHERE along with sd musketeers, gallade, and emboar. The plethora of ghost types also do not really help furfrou's case because should you be a mono attacking resttalk set basically the only set you should be if you ever decide to use furfrou imho, you are stopped colder than Arcticblast's freezer. You are also setup fodder for a lot of things such as nastyroom cofagrigus, cm delphox, and subcm meloetta.
TL;DR Come back when there's a slack off tutor.
Edit: Rarara 500 likes!

Last edited:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
For the purpose of bring brief [this post wasn't brief -me], Furfrou has a surprisingly high attack stat, at least compared to other walls like Chansey.
I don't see how this is a draw, seeing how Furfrou still has piss-weak offenses, making the point kinda pointless (lol i've just got the irony in my own sentence).
It's ability is useful in that Pokemon typed with Furfrou's only weakness almost never focus on the Special Attack stat, so they are all forced to slog through Fur Coat.
Furfrou has terrible typing for a physical wall. Normal-typing is better suited to special walls as most Fighting-types in literally EVERY tier are physical. Fur Coat doesn't exactly prevent them from easily breaking through Furfrou, seeing as this is the calc for Jolly Hitmonlee: 252 Atk Life Orb Reckless Hitmonlee High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Furfrou: 308-364 (87 - 102.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (for reckless variants) or 252 Atk Life Orb Hitmonlee Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Furfrou: 238-281 (67.2 - 79.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (for non-Reckless variants) or +1 252 Atk Hitmonlee Reversal (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Furfrou: 454-535 (128.2 - 151.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO (for Leichi Berry/Unburden variants). This is a big flaw for Furfrou, as Fur Coat doesn't stop Fighting-types from breaking through it - especially seeing how it Furfrou can't reliably rest up against even 0 atk Hitmontop (0 Atk Hitmontop Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Furfrou: 121-144 (34.1 - 40.6%) -- 50% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery) - and that isn't even the set which came up for usage: the set which came up for that was max attack adamant, which does this: 252+ Atk Hitmontop Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Furfrou: 171-202 (48.3 - 57%) -- 41.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery.
It's access to a STAB Retaliate and U Turn make Hit and Run a viable tactic
No offensive presence, making point moot. If you want a hit-and-run dog, just use Stoutland. Or you could keep within the tier and use scarf Cinccino.
Refresh (a move many Offensive [not an offensive pokemon -me] Pokemon lack) heals its Status ailments
read comment in quote
it's fast enough to serve as a Revenge Killer.
*cough* stoutland works as a revenge-killing dog *cough*
it's put on a timer when it's ability is stopped by things like Mold Breaker, and it's movepool is severely low on worthwhile coverage moves
You put my case foreward for me here.
since their types do not cause redundancy, Alomomola and Furfrou make excellent Teammates, with the former passing big Wish recovery and the latter aiding in the fight against Alomomola's switchins.
What you're demonstrating there is that Furfrou is pretty damn reliant on Wish support to do anything in RU.

I rest my case.

EonX

Battle Soul
Updated the OP to reflect the completion of Togetic and Ferroseed. Props to Sapphire. and The Shellder Smuggler for getting them done fairly quickly, and of course, fleurdyleurse and horyzhnz for GP'ing them quickly and efficiently as well.

EnerG218 , since nobody else has said anything, I'm giving you an extra 24 hours as of this post to get the skeleton for Gurdurr up or at least tell me (or another QC member) what's up with it.

I also hope to get with the rest of the QC Team to discuss all the Pokemon that have recently been brought up in the thread and hopefully come to a difinitive conclusion on most, if not, all of them. Until then, keep up the good work guys!

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I would like to reserve Furfrou, please. And Leavanny, if possible.
I agree with the above posters that Furfrou probably isn't worth an analysis, it might be incredibly bulky but a few flaws such as a lack of reliable recovery, limited coverage and support options, and being a physically defensive Pokemon thats weak to Close Combat in a metagame where some of the most common physical threats include Hitmonlee, Cobalion, and Virizion really holds it back.

Giving Leavanny the go though, its solid as a sticky web hazard lead and probably the best one RU's got after the results for the Shuckle suspect test are official (its already reached the majority, even if it was a supermajority needed to ban it would've reached it by now). I'd probably start out with a set of Sticky Web/Magic Coat/Leaf Blade/X-Scissor w/ a focus sash in the analysis.

I'm not sure if I'm really doing this right, i'm new, but,

can i do a Furfrou analysis? I see your points, Molk, but Furfrou has a few tricks up its sleeve I'd like to help shed some light on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)