RU Threat List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or you could always lead with him so you have a guaranteed 100% Eruption like most users do. Even if you switch out it puts a dent into whatever switches in.

i'm sorry but I am really starting to hate yanmega. I see it on every single stinking team i face and I am getting annoyed. I love the dragonfly mon but this is a little out of control. Maybe I should try using it...

I use snorlax to counter yanmega it's pretty good since there aren't many viable fighting types in the RU tier especially with the prevalence of special attackers RU is a great time for snorlax to shine.

about the description on primeape in the OP...
He has access to Punishment, which can massacre CM Cresselia if it gets enough boosts. He doesn't neccessarily have to be a scarfer either, Band seems to work fine too

What sort of sets are the best to run on an aggron?
Also is it legal to run unburden on hitmonlee?
Things like this are probably better asked in the RU Discussion Thread. Aggron can run a Substitute set with Focus Punch, Head Smash, and Stealth Rock or Ice Punch. Rock Head obviously!

You might even try Rock Polish, Head Smash/Stone Edge, Earthquake, and Iron Head/etc. There's also Metal Burst with a defensive spread.

As far as I know Unburden Hitmonlee is unreleased and so you can only use him in the Dream World tier.

i'm sorry but I am really starting to hate yanmega. I see it on every single stinking team i face and I am getting annoyed. I love the dragonfly mon but this is a little out of control. Maybe I should try using it...
Yes, we all know its the Ferrothorn of RU. Get over it.
EDIT: Xephyr's right about it, sorry for being unclear Pokémontage

And run Autotomize on Aggron. Halving the power of Grass Knot/ Low Kick can come in handy in some matches.
Also EDIT: I didn't realize Aggron was that much of a fatass, it actually makes no difference which one you use.

And run Autotomize on Aggron. Halving the power of Grass Knot/ Low Kick can come in handy in some matches.
Actually, it's not necessary halving their power. After one Autotomize, Aggron still weighs 396.85 pounds, meaning Low Kick and Grass Knot would still have a base power of 100, as opposed to the usual 120.

Yes, we all know its the Ferrothorn of RU. Get over it.
EDIT: Xephyr's right about it, sorry for being unclear Pokémontage

Also EDIT: I didn't realize Aggron was that much of a fatass, it actually makes no difference which one you use.
how is yanmega anything like ferrothorn? They are COMPLETE opposites. Ferrothorn walls and yanmega sweeps.
EDIT: If you mean to say that they are both used way too often then ya, thats what i meant. On another note, DD feraligatr has been working surprisingly nicely for me.

Feraligatr @ expert belt (will switch to life orb once sheer forcecomes out.)
moves:
waterfall
ice punch/ ice fang
rock slide/crunch
dragon dance
This set is quite nice when i first used it. It works really well as a late game sweeper for me. Also does anybody know when sheer force feraligatr will be released?

I think Sheer Force is already released, you just can't have egg moves / past gen moves because all of the ones given out were male. That set would be illegal, because Ice Punch and Dragon Dance are both egg moves. Waterfall and Crunch are OK, but you would need to replace Ice Punch with Ice Fang and Dragon Dance with Swords Dance.

I think Sheer Force is already released, you just can't have egg moves / past gen moves because all of the ones given out were male. That set would be illegal, because Ice Punch and Dragon Dance are both egg moves. Waterfall and Crunch are OK, but you would need to replace Ice Punch with Ice Fang and Dragon Dance with Swords Dance.
With Sheer Force + Life Orb you don't even NEED to have something like Dragon Dance or Swords Dance, but it can definately make you more threatening.

Sheer Force + Life Orb boosts a sheer force boosted move by 1.69 times and removes the LO recoil.

Too bad nidorino doesn't get sheer force... I would love to try that out in RU. See what it could do. But unfortunately he gets the lesser hustle ability.

Nidoking can possibly go Mixed with Hone Claws due to the accuracy boost making things like Thunder and Blizzard viable

Hone Claws/Earthquake/Thunder/Blizzard?...doesn't seem like it'd be very good.
Hone Claws/Bulldoze/Thunder/Blizzard is really the set you want to avoid LO recoil entirely. Bulldoze is boosted by SHeer Force btw.

Mainly running a mixed set is so you arent completely walled by things like Chansey, but this an RU discussion so why are talking about a pokemon that will never be out of UU?

There´s actually a mixed Hone Claws set in the OU analysis, and lol Earthquake is stronger than SF boosted Bulldoze... Anyways, forget Nido, lets talk relevant shit please.

Honestly if you won´t use Yanmega til its banned, then you are just at a disadvantage. Every good player will be abusing Yanmega until it is banned (which it will be).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)