SandFiends

To start off, I spent hours upon hours building, testing, and playing with this team. However, there are a few flaws i would like suggestions for as I know what most are. As a base, I did build this team for sandstorm support. I also build it using LeadTar as the base. Something I was using the moment 5th gen came out, before Nattorei (Yeh yeh, japanese names are cooler) became a dominant powerhouse. Now, lets get started.

LeadTar (Tyranitar) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sandstream
EVs: 252 HP/104 Atk/152 Sp.A
Nature: Brave
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake (The funny thing is I was updateing this team today...if you pay attention to the world at all, you know why this is a very dark dark joke)
- Payback

Now, this is one of my favorite pokemon. Gen4 I used Meta on all my teams, but now this thing has taken the lead (haha, get it? No? -__-) Fire Blast tears down Nattorei, steal types that avoid EQ, and is rearely used any where else. Stealth Rock I actually rarely get up. No honestly i rarely do, thankfully, this gen isn't based around it as much. Even in 4th gen, i barely used SR with Meta. So, I am wondering if i should run Stone Edge on him instead, or possible something else. Payback is there because a lot of leads die and don't switch, most psychic leads are faster than TTar, and 120 Power is very nice. However, I am not sure if i should possibly run a Consistant Power Crunch instead. I am also not sure if i should give him zero speed IVs or not. Any thoughts?

Sigilyph @ Flame Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP/12 SP.A/244 Sp
Nature: Timid
- Stored Power
- Cosmic Power
- Psycho Shift
- Roost

Now, this thing came out of no where today. I was originally running Ranku, because I loved it from the start of the gen, and everyone was under estimating it. Now Ranku is harder to play than at first, but Sigilyph is widely obscure compared to most pokemon. Cosmic Power combined with Stored Power is a very nice touch. On top of being able to 100% burn other pokemon, and roost back HP, and then the Sandstorm immunity, this thing is a very nice Wall. Burning all those fighting types, and boasting a 4x resistance to fighting moves is a very nice touch :) I really have found no weaknesses with him, aside from the occasional Trapping from Shandalure. However, normally i pop Cosmic Power immediatly on the first turn. After that, i pop another, and by then , depending on Shandalures EV's, i can wall it. I am not sure on the EVs however, what do you think?

Giant Enemy Jellyfish? :S (Jellicent) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP/4 Sp.A/252 Sp.D
Nature: Calm
- Scald
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Toxic

Now, this thing is good, but it isn't really, great? You know what i mean? I feel like there is another pokemon that could take its place, but Vaporean didn't do that well at it, as I need the pokemon to do a decent amount of attacking. Honestly, it hasen't failed often at what it does, but its ghost typing seals its fate. However, the fact it has immunity to Fighting is essential to my team. Any suggestions on a replacement?

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 40 HP/252 Sp.A/216 Sp
Nature: Timid
- Thunderbolt
- Charge Beam
- Hidden Power (Fire)
- Substitute

Now, most people play him as a steel trapper, but I do not most the time. With TTar, and the next two pokemon, there are really not many pokemon he has to trap. I have him here essentially to support my other pokemon. I am debating on removing Charge Beam for something else. I am highly sure he can learn Thunderwave, and if my team can set up 3 of the Statuses, that can cripple....everyone!

Gliscor @ Poison Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs:252 HP/4 Def/252 Sp.D
Nature: Careful
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics
- Toxic
- Protect

Well now. Gliscor was incredible last gen, but now, he is incredible+Acrobatics. Him having a flying type move, literally make breloom useless, as spore criples every team i make (aside from one time when i ran insomnia Honchkrow for a IRL battle and demolished :D) But, i like consistant Toxic spam, combined with Protect, and Sandstorm. On top of that, EQ pretty much takes out every pokemon immune to toxic, aside from a select few that cannot really hurt gliscor much. (Mamoswine....RAGGGGEEE)

Landorus @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Sp
Nature: Naive
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power (Ice)
- U-Turn
- Stone Edge

Yep. Everyone knows this thing is a powerhouse under sandstorm. Its the only pokemon on my team that really actually can, "do" anything in terms of damage output :S Which brings me to my next point!

Now, there are a few pokemon I would like to consider. Conkledurr. To take out Dory of course. Plus, hell its Conkledurr! Next, Terrakion. Haven't tried him much, but would he fit at all? Is his damage output large enough? Thats what i need. Damage. Landorus is really the only one pushing out massive damage and isn't stalling. Lucario. He is my favorite pokemon. I want to consider a pure Vacuum Wave counter to stop dory, combined with a baloon to completely throw off his first EQ and get a good hit in, followed by a nail in the coffin Vacuum Wave. Scizor. Its scizor. Would he work?

My pokemon have very good synergy, and from what i see, no "weaknesses." But their attacking lacks. Removing Landorus is....dumb, because i need him to attack. Gliscor...well...i love him, but i may NEED to remove him. Coverage is my issue. This team kinda covers like half the pokemon super effectively, but half of them are so good at what they do, and are amazing walls, nothing can break through them. The main issue is neutral damage dragons. This gen, we have Garchomps, Mences, Latias and Latios, and a whole multitude of other annoying little crap faces. Which is why a think a Lucario purealy built to stop Dory and Dragons would fit well on this team. So, what are your thoughts?

Code:
Defensive Threats

Alomomola - Magnezone
 Blissey - Any psysical pokemon
 Bronzong - TTar, as well as Magnezone
 Celebi - TTar, or Gliscor. Boasting immunity to status helps him wall celebi, and acrobatics makes him able to damage it. 
Dusclops - None really, but i see no glaring weakness to him at all on my team. 
 Ferrothorn -TTar. Nuff said. 
 Forretress -TTar, Magnezone. 
 Gliscor -Landorus. Boasting immunity to scor's EQ, and HP Ice, gives him massive damage on him. Sigilyph also has EQ Immunity, and can easily set up. No, EASILY. It can also boast immunity to toxic, and up its stats around protects. 
 Hippowdon -Its not much differant than a Gliscor in my mind. 
 Jellicent -TTar and Magnezone
Latias -_____________________________________________-
Ninetales - Every. Single. Pokemon. On. My. Team. Demolishes it. No, even Magnezone does lol. 
Politoed - Yeh, like this thing will touch me. Oooo! Rain Dance! I am so scared! Go Sigilyph! Set up on it :D
 Skarmory -TTar. Skar isnt seem much outside of lead, even then, i could handle it with a lot of my team. 
 Snorlax -Really? Him? A Threat? Lol, say hey to bruns and ghosts. 
 Suicune -Magnezone. 
 Swampert -Now...this thing kinda, crushes me. I do not have a counter for it besides Sigilyph. Thankfully, not many people have it this gen. 
 Tentacruel -Sigilph, my god does it destory cruel. 
Vaporeon -Magnezone, easy set up for Sigilyph
 Zapdos -Landorus, TTar, half my team is immune to it lol

Code:
Defensive Threats

Blissey[COLOR=red]/Chansey[/COLOR] -[COLOR=red] Walls Half My team and can handle just about every physical attack I carry[/COLOR]
Lati[COLOR=red]@[/COLOR]s [COLOR=red]-_____________________________________________- Im Dead[/COLOR]
Ninetales - [COLOR=red]Get ready to be swept by weather abusers[/COLOR]
Politoed - [COLOR=red]Same as above[/COLOR]
Snorlax -[COLOR=red]CurseLax says HI[/COLOR] 
Suicune - [COLOR=red]After A CM or 2 its GG[/COLOR]
I thnk you took a 4th gen threat list and addeed Alomomola to make people think that it is a 5th gen threat list. Not only did you not really think about your threat list, you also didn't include the most dominant threats this metagame like:

Reuniclus
Roobushin
Doryuuzu
Latios
Garchomp

Now to help. Half your team is weak to ice. I don't know if you've noticed but Ice is very common the gen, with Dragons flying around. Change either Randorosu or Gliscor out, because 2 4x weaknesses to the same type is a nono. Why are you carrying 2 Pokemon with the same typing anyway? It is redundant. You also have 3 weak to water with one immunity, meaning you rely on Jellicent too much. With Spikes + SR or TTar with Pursuit, that means your gonna get swept by the like of Kerudio. Change Randorosu for something like Doryuuzu. If you take my adive below then you should be more defensively stable.

You said Magnezone wasnt doing anything. Why do you have him? For support? Use Nattorei obviously. Natt+Burun is a great core and when backed up with Gliscor is beautiful.

TTar need Pursuit > Payback. I really don't see how the move Earthquake is even considered a joke. That is honestly rather unsympathetic of you in a time like this. TTar needs a fix in his EV spread.

Gliscor needs a better spread aswell.

Your team does not really abuse the sand much. It looks like you got one pokemon abusing it which is landorus. I would suggest adding more sand abusers to your team as you say it is a sandstorm team there are 2 good sand abusers that i can think of and jsut 1 good sweeper in general who doesnt take damage from sandstorm

They are:

Archeops
Leftovers
Jolly
E.V.s 252 Spe, 252 att, 4 hp
MOVESET:
Crunch
Aerial Ace/Acrobat
Stone Edge
Earthquake

This guy is way overlooked in this generation. He is marked down because of his ability. (it says if this thing has less then i think 1/2 hp it loses half its pp on all moves) but if you get full pp at the start of every battle that isnt a problem. However the reason i think this guy is so good might be the 110 base speed and the 140 base attack. That is a higher attack then excadrill. Pretty self explanetory moveset just a good type coverage.

OR

Gigalith
Leftovers
E.V.s: 252 Att, 252 Sdef, 4 def
Impish
MOVESET:
Earthquake
Stone edge
Heavy Bomber
Explosion

This guy is insane the only down fall is that he is slow. However here is the great advantages of him. He has 135 base attack power which is equal to excadrill, he has 130 base defence which makes him a pretty tough physical wall as well. however the thing that makes this guy imo a lot better then aggron is his ability sand force which boosts 3 out of the four moves he has by 30 percent. take that thirty bpercent bosot and add it to his high attack and you got one tough pokemon.

OR
EXCADRILL
Sand Throw
Balloon/Focus Sash
252 att, 252 spe, 4 hp
Adamant/jolly
MOVESET:
Earthquake
Rockslide/Stone Edge
X-Scissor
Rapid Spin/Poison Jab/ Swords Dance

THIS GUY IS A MUST HAVE FOR EVERY SANDSTORM TEAM. i mean 135 base attack with his speed getting doubled because of his ability. IMO every sandstorm team should have this guy on it. He runs a typical sweeper set rockslide for better accuracy stone edge for better power. Also the last move slot has options. If you have focus sash you could run swords dance for even more power, if not then its just your option of another move for type coverage vs getting rid of spikse, SR, etc.

Gigalith and Excadrill are the sand Abusers and Archeops is just a good pokemon in general with 110 base seed and 140 base attack

Your team does not really abuse the sand much. It looks like you got one pokemon abusing it which is landorus. I would suggest adding more sand abusers to your team as you say it is a sandstorm team there are 2 good sand abusers that i can think of and jsut 1 good sweeper in general who doesnt take damage from sandstorm

They are:

Archeops
Leftovers
Jolly
E.V.s 252 Spe, 252 att, 4 hp
MOVESET:
Crunch
Aerial Ace/Acrobat
Stone Edge
Earthquake

This guy is way overlooked in this generation. He is marked down because of his ability. (it says if this thing has less then i think 1/2 hp it loses half its pp on all moves) but if you get full pp at the start of every battle that isnt a problem. However the reason i think this guy is so good might be the 110 base speed and the 140 base attack. That is a higher attack then excadrill. Pretty self explanetory moveset just a good type coverage.

OR

Gigalith
Leftovers
E.V.s: 252 Att, 252 Sdef, 4 def
Impish
MOVESET:
Earthquake
Stone edge
Heavy Bomber
Explosion

This guy is insane the only down fall is that he is slow. However here is the great advantages of him. He has 135 base attack power which is equal to excadrill, he has 130 base defence which makes him a pretty tough physical wall as well. however the thing that makes this guy imo a lot better then aggron is his ability sand force which boosts 3 out of the four moves he has by 30 percent. take that thirty bpercent bosot and add it to his high attack and you got one tough pokemon.

OR
EXCADRILL
Sand Throw
Balloon/Focus Sash
252 att, 252 spe, 4 hp
Adamant/jolly
MOVESET:
Earthquake
Rockslide/Stone Edge
X-Scissor
Rapid Spin/Poison Jab/ Swords Dance

THIS GUY IS A MUST HAVE FOR EVERY SANDSTORM TEAM. i mean 135 base attack with his speed getting doubled because of his ability. IMO every sandstorm team should have this guy on it. He runs a typical sweeper set rockslide for better accuracy stone edge for better power. Also the last move slot has options. If you have focus sash you could run swords dance for even more power, if not then its just your option of another move for type coverage vs getting rid of spikse, SR, etc.

Gigalith and Excadrill are the sand Abusers and Archeops is just a good pokemon in general with 110 base seed and 140 base attack

Okay,

I wasn't going to say anything, but I don't want you being mislead. Archeops ability doesn't half his PP... I don't know what that guy is smoking. If his HP falls to below 50% both his attack + special attack stats are halved.... leaving him useless to you.

Also, Gigliath (or whatever) is a piece of shit. No-one uses is (hence why I don't know his name). It is weak to so many common moves this meta game (fire, fighting, ground).

The only good suggestion is Dory, which I already suggested..

I don't know whether he is serious or he is just trying to troll you...

First off, I copied the official threat list. I took away useless threats like Cofagrigus who are complete crap and rarely used.
In terms of the threats, I have 2 special attackers, one who is more of a gimmick. Not sure how Blissey even walls me at all. Reunicles? Excuse me, and worse Sigilpyh is a threat? Lol, yes, please, tell me how I would be scared of that at all considering I can hit it with 200+ base power moves. I will cover Dory later and why he is not a threat. Conkledurr? WUT???? Your telling me something that 4 of my pokemon resist is a threat? 1 immune, 1 with .25x resistance? Excuse me, but Conkledurr isn't a threat to something like Sigilpyh. Its called burn conkledurr and he is finished.

The point is, Ninetails and Politoed are weak. Tyranitar is 3x as effective at fighting than they are. Next, SwiftSwim+Drizzle ban means Rain Dance teams aren't very scary anymore. Magnezone handles them well, which is another point about why I have him. He isn't on my team for steal trapping, but the fact he handles most Ice Beamers very effectively is why i have him there. He resists Starmies entire movepool. As well as many other Ice Users.

Baloon on magnezone is a yes. Thanks.

Arceops. Lol. I have used that, its a complete and utter piece of crap. Gliscor is far superrior and has a immunity to electric.

Gigalith isn't very special. I don't need him much, as he wouldn't add anything new. Gigalith isn't weak to Fire btw. He also isn't that bad on a Sandstorm team, as his defenses become through the roof. But he isn't as good as gliscor.

I hate excadrill. He isn't as good as people say at all, and gets compeltely demolished by most things since he isnt good at defending. He isn't going to be touching a Gliscor, or a baloon magnezone. By the time he breaks my baloon, he is dead.

Nattorei over magnezone is a option i will play with. I have avoided him since I never really liked his typing. But with 3 pokemon who take literally no damage from fighting, and two of my pokemon who would take a lot, that would work well. He would cover Ice weaknesses as well as Magnezone, but then again that leaves him weak to a lot of Fire types. But Burungel does cover him almost flawlessly.

Gliscor spread is perfect. Sorry, but your wrong in his terms.

Pursuit is pointless. If someone is going to switch, I am going to call it. If they switch, they are taking a hell of a lot of damage from payback. Tyranitar Leads do not play like normal leads. True TTar's are played to set down sandstorm, and scare out other leads. If they don't get out, they die. If they don't die, I have switched into something that walls a lead. Which is what Burungel and Sigilyph do very well to anything threatening TTar to switch. I have played Lead TTar far longer than that was ever considered a option, and have spent years perfecting him. He does what I need him to do, and always has.

Oh and btw, if you guys are gonna comment, please know about pokemons abilities. You should have already completed your pokedex's are trained pretty much every pokemon, so I am not sure how you get Arceops ability wrong. It halfs his attacking stats. Deficient is what its called. Jesus, don't fail that hard.

First off, I copied the official threat list. I took away useless threats like Cofagrigus who are complete crap and rarely used.
Reunicles? Excuse me, and worse Sigilpyh is a threat?
Conkledurr? WUT???? Your telling me something that 4 of my pokemon resist is a threat? 1 immune, 1 with .25x resistance? Excuse me, but Conkledurr isn't a threat to something like Sigilpyh. Its called burn conkledurr and he is finished.

Gliscor spread is perfect. Sorry, but your wrong in his terms.
So, you can write this for Ninetales:

Ninetales - Every. Single. Pokemon. On. My. Team. Demolishes it. No, even Magnezone does lol.

Someone who 'isn't a threat'. But you can't do the same for some big ass common threats. So what if every Pokemon walls him in your team. Write it up if you're gonna write up a threat list. You write alomohola but not Conkeldurr? BTW burning Conkeldurr only makes him stronger, not that you would know. n00b.

Gliscor is meant to handle physical threats such as Doryuuzu, so I don't know what you even plan to wall with that shit spread you're sporting.. Tell me what exactly are you trying to wall? Suicunes Surf's? Vappys Ice Beam's?

It was a defensive threat list you moron. It was not a offensive threat list. Conkledurr is not a Defensive threat. Please actually read the threat lists. My team is very defensive, and handles all the attacking threats very well. Conkledurr wasn't written, because he isn't a defensive threat. Offensive wise, i demolish him with half my team.

Gliscor is not meant for Doryuuzu. Please actually learn about last gen before making stupid statements such as that. He is a stall breaker, meant to stop things like Hippowdon from tearing through teams like he could last gen, and even in this gen. He has always been the poke of choice for stopping stalling pokemon. He does what he is meant to do, and his spread is perfect. The only change i made from moving his 252 Speed EVs to 252 Sp.D as this gen it helps more than last since there was not much he could stall out with Sp.D. Otherwise, his 4 def and 252 HP are perfect. If you wanna say otherwise, tell smogon they are wrong.

Guts conkle is run 33% of the time, and when run it becomes completely obvious that it is a guts conkledurr. Learn to play before making sweeping assumintions. If he is Guts, i hit him with toxic from Gliscor who also completely stalls him out.

It was a defensive threat list you moron. It was not a offensive threat list. Conkledurr is not a Defensive threat. Please actually read the threat lists. My team is very defensive, and handles all the attacking threats very well. Conkledurr wasn't written, because he isn't a defensive threat. Offensive wise, i demolish him with half my team.

Gliscor is not meant for Doryuuzu. Please actually learn about last gen before making stupid statements such as that. He is a stall breaker, meant to stop things like Hippowdon from tearing through teams like he could last gen, and even in this gen. He has always been the poke of choice for stopping stalling pokemon. He does what he is meant to do, and his spread is perfect. The only change i made from moving his 252 Speed EVs to 252 Sp.D as this gen it helps more than last since there was not much he could stall out with Sp.D. Otherwise, his 4 def and 252 HP are perfect. If you wanna say otherwise, tell smogon they are wrong.

Guts conkle is run 33% of the time, and when run it becomes completely obvious that it is a guts conkledurr. Learn to play before making sweeping assumintions. If he is Guts, i hit him with toxic from Gliscor who also completely stalls him out.
You're not making any sense. You put a defensive threat list when your team is defensive? Shoul you not then put an offensive threat list instead of a defensive one?

Tell me what those 252SpD EV's do. You can't just dump them somewhere else becuase you say so. Smogon's analysis doesn't have that spread so you are wrong.

Guts Roob is the most common Roob there is... Seriously learn what is dominating the metagame.. Who runs Iron Fist Roob?? Some also carry Flame Orb, meaning you can't outstall him, and some carry this move called Bulk Up. I don't know if you've heard of it. +6 Drain Punch will wreck your Gliscor because:

1. You don't have Taunt
2. You don't have Fling, meaning Aerobatics is base 65 or something.

That is also not a stall breaker set. Stallbreaker sets ALWAYS carry Taunt. How else do you break stall? n00b

Beleive what you like. You still call him Roob. Stallbreaker sets donot always carry stall this gen with access to Protect and Aerobatics. I found that flind is useless as it doesn't give Gliscor extended use, meaning he is only useful to poison one pokemon. I do not use him on Conkledurr only. Sigilyph also demolishes him.

Next, guts is not. Please learn the statistics before you go spouting off shit.

Right, ignoring that petty little argument up there:
- Your Gliscor may poison more Pokes than just having Fling, but Aerial Ace is actually more powerful if you are holding an Item. Put in Fling over Toxic as, as much as I have problems with it, Fling makes P-Heal Gliscor an annoying piece of shit. It also allows for you to counter Conkeldurr better, as a 110 BP move is always better than a 55 BP move. I would take a 252 HP/252 Spe/4 Attk EV spread over the one you currently have, or just general Physical Sweeper setup if you need more offense.
- I personally have no problems with your defensive core (as I see it that is Jellicent, Magnezone and Gliscor, with current EV's inclusive), however you'll need a true check/counter for Thunderus, who will be able to OHKO all of them after a Nasty Plot (T-Bolt, HP Ice, Focus Blast)
- Siglyph = Approval

Although I am not sure of what this team is meant to be (Bulky Offense, Stall, Semi-Stall), It seems quite solid to me, the top threats seem not to have changed since I last played 5th OU.

Not sure what the team is myself actually. Its a Stall more than anything, centered around Tyranitar and what supports him well. I started with Him, Jellicent, Sigilyph. After that I looked at pokemon that worked well. Gliscor was a must due to his stallbreaking ability. After that, I have a glaring weakness to Ice with him and Sigilyph, so I bought magnezone to cover that up, as well as the large Water weakness. Before that, Starmie could tear into the team like cake. Landorus is there because I needed something that could actually attack aside from Tyranitar.

I just never liked fling as I like consistant poison. I will however play around with it and see what it can do. However, spread wise he has done what I need him to do. Taking focus blasts is another thing I use him for as well. Most things with Focus Blast have a Shadow Ball sitting there ready to hurt my Jellicent or Sigilyph.

What i really want is to find where i can fit Nattorei into this team. I want magnezone here still, but I don't wanna remove Landorus. I might however. Any thoughts?

Sandfiends??? That coming with only 1 pokemon to abuse it (2 if Tyranitar counts(no)). Tyranitar has Stealth Rock usage which is pretty good. But Fire Blast? Just use Fire Fang with a Max attack stat. I know it has less base power but it will at least come from Tyranitars far superior Attack stat. Sigligliph is a no. It's to easy to come in and hit it for super effective damage and its stats are meh. Jellicent is good.Magnezone is great until you hit Charge Beam. I know it can raise special attack but it's still to weak to use even if you only go for superefective hits with it. Gliscor I think is good but Im not sure. Hidden Power Ice on Landorus could be changed for Rock Polish or Swords Dance and U-Turn for the same moves as well. Landorus does run choice scarf so those would be bad but you could chang it for something like life orb if you dont mind risidual damage or expert belt if you want a weaker but non self-inflicting pain way to increase damage.
Overall this team has pottential but the title is misleading. It's hard to see what this team really is but it is not sandstorm.

This thread is astounding. Everyone needs to stop being so disrespectful and a lot of people need to get their facts straight before posting.

FACTS
At least 90% of Conkeldurr use Guts.
Acrobatics only has a BP of 55 if you don't Fling your orb
Having taunt is indeed a definition of stall breaking
Sigilyph doesn't counter Conkeldurr unless it has many Cosmic Powers already to protect itself and raise the BP of Assist Power. If Conkeldurr already has a +2 when you come in and you try to burn it, you will die from Stone Edge
Likewise Jellicent can only activate Guts or use weak special attacks while Conkeldurr Bulks Up and OHKO with Stone Edge of Payback.

Anyway use either Iconic's Gliscor or the standard Acrofling. Both are better than what you have.

Sandfiends??? That coming with only 1 pokemon to abuse it (2 if Tyranitar counts(no)). Tyranitar has Stealth Rock usage which is pretty good. But Fire Blast? Just use Fire Fang with a Max attack stat. I know it has less base power but it will at least come from Tyranitars far superior Attack stat. Sigligliph is a no. It's to easy to come in and hit it for super effective damage and its stats are meh. Jellicent is good.Magnezone is great until you hit Charge Beam. I know it can raise special attack but it's still to weak to use even if you only go for superefective hits with it. Gliscor I think is good but Im not sure. Hidden Power Ice on Landorus could be changed for Rock Polish or Swords Dance and U-Turn for the same moves as well. Landorus does run choice scarf so those would be bad but you could chang it for something like life orb if you dont mind risidual damage or expert belt if you want a weaker but non self-inflicting pain way to increase damage.
Overall this team has pottential but the title is misleading. It's hard to see what this team really is but it is not sandstorm.
Say what?, have you ever faced a Sigilyph?, you pretty much need a boosted pokemon to take it down or something with SE attacks and good stats like Thundurus and even then if that thing got 1 or 2 cosmic power under his belt he will probably survive and kill the genie and/or sweep your entire team

And Fire Blast is a good idea on Tyranitar this gen, you don't even need spA evs to 2HKO things like max hp / max spD Ferrothorn, the best part?, you can invest your evs better and you don't get that friggin' 33 % recoil damage from Ferros ability with Fire Blast like you do with Fire Fang

Anyway, to the OP i suggest that you change Payback for Crunch on your Tyranitar that way you can hit Reuniclus with full power which is a big thorn for your team, you pretty much need to hit it with half your team to take it down and they are normally seen late game. And even if you can handle the cm one, the trick room versions are a threat for you, those normally carry shadow ball and it can hit Jellicent and Sigilyph for SE damage.

First off, we are all Wrong. Roobushin is played 66% as Guts, 33% as Iron Fist. On to the next topic.

Charro summed up what i would have replied. However, Payback is 100 power, crunch is less. TTar is slower than most, if not all, ghost and psychic leads. Its faster than some leads, but not the ones taking SE STAB from Payback.

Next, Sigilyph doesn't die from Stone Edge. Its Psychic after roost. He doesn't take SE from Stone Edge after he uses roost.

This team is sandstorm. Landorus, Sigilyph (immune), Gliscor (in real battles, he is getting 20% evade from the sandstorm, Poison Heal is unobtainable), TTar sets the storm, plus gets a SpD boost from it as that is where he lacks, Jellicent has no use for the sandstorm. Most weather teams do not consist of all pokemon that take advantage. Normally 2-3. Example is Hail Teams. Only about 2-3 of hail team pokemon exploit Hail itself. The others carry leftovers to counter it out, but most my pokemon are immune. Sandstorm teams thrive with Stall. The pokemon that survive is my sandstorm are countered. I have a Steel Trapper, a Rock Killer, Ferrothorn counter, as well as most my pokemon having SE EQ Against steels and rocks. Grounds fall too Gliscor, as they did last gen. The things that don't take persistant damage from my Sandstorm get walled out and defeated, hence this mostly stall team is a sandstorm team. Most Hail Teams are stall, because hail helps stalling, just like sandstorm. Most RD and SD teams are attacking, as those weathers benifit offense, mostly. Most those teams have 1 staller however, like Ludicolo and Chlorophyll pokemon.

Next, Reunicles is completely outclasses by Sigilyph. I have 80 PP, Reunicles (almost every variation) have 72 PP. It can only waste 1 move, calm mind, while i can waste Psyshift and Cosmic power until I have to start attacking. At which point it is doing barely 5% damage, and has barely any PP on its attacking moves. Its either doing .25x damage with Focus Blast, or its doing 80+20STAB damage with Psyshock (note, it does defensive damage, which i can +6 Stack from Cosmic power, as well as the Special Moves Reunicles uses) While after MY Stacks, I am doing a total of 260 Power Stored Power, even if he resists it, I will eventually kill it out.At which point, I can use stuggle. When he gets down to struggle, i have PP left, meaning I can save 1-2 Stored Powers. By saving those Stored Powers, I can EASILY OHKO any non-blissey or dark pokemon. So I have 8 Stored Powers left when he gets down to struggle. Meaning A. I have Defense Stacks B. Within at least 5 turns he is dead, and I have 3 Stored Powers left to sweep. Trying to pull a Reunicles against me is a very, very, very bad idea. ;)

Next, Sigilyph doesn't die from Stone Edge. Its Psychic after roost. He doesn't take SE from Stone Edge after he uses roost.
So an unboosted Sigilyph can live a guts-boosted Bulked-up SE stone edge when you try to burn it? Or an unboosted Sigilyph can live a Bulked Up Stone edge and PP stall?

Also, how is Reuniclus outclassed by Sigilyph because you are relying on PP stall? Doesn't Shadow Ball sometimes cut stats or be SE (Reuniclus doesn't have to boost ridiculously, he can hit you the Ball on the switch or at +1)? Do critical hits somehow no longer exist? If you somehow get absurdly lucky and NOT get critted to death by Reuniclus, you now have 8 pp in assist power and are completely ruined by Dark Types, no?

In terms of Stone Edge, i meant a Roosted Sigilyph that DOES NOT take SE damage from Stone Edge can survive it. Thats what I mean.

Next, most Reunicles do not run Shadow Ball. If they do, I am outclassed. If they run shadowball, that means they aren't running Focus Blast or Clam mind (as all of them have a Psychic move+Recover) In that case, their lose of Focus Blast means TTar can kill them. If they gave up Clam Mind, they lose to Sigilyph because they do not have calm mind.

Sigilyph can tank the switch in on a Focus Blast AND any psychic move he has. If he has shadow ball, he likely isn't using it on the switch unless its against jellicent. In which case, jellicent also has Shadow Ball and would kick its butt. (kinda) Critical Hits mean nothing. They simply would be critting a Focus Blast or Psychic move. Scary :P

As I said, he gets completely ruined by Dark Types. If they use a Dark Type, that means i cannot use his boosted stats and have to switch. If they don't have a dark type, i win. It doesn't mean i lose, just that Sigilyph killed Reunicles and now is useless. Also, I have critical hit. My 260 Power move is going to RAVAGE Reunicles. If i crit, he is screwed.

Critical hit from a +6 Reuniclus' Psychic is a OHKO, no? That's a pretty big toss-up, wouldn't you say?

Also, many TR variants run Shadow Ball and Focus Blast. Provided you switch into Reuniclus on the turn he TRs, do you have the bulk to take the Shadow Balls or do you go to another poke?

In terms of Stone Edge, what the previous poster was trying to say is that If you switch Slyph into Conk on the turn he Bulks Up, you have two options that I can see:

1) use psycho shift to inflict burn, possibly triggering Guts and eating a SE stone edge.

OR

2) Use Roost to try and PP stall out Conk, very risky since he can read your stall and Bulk Up to +2

I'm just not sure how tanky Slyph is without the bonuses. If it can take the hits it needs to take, then sure.

You going to Roost at full health? You do know that does nothing and you just received SE damage right? Because you're faster than Conkeldurr, like was said, after you switch and they bulk up, you either burn them, activate their Guts, and receive a +2 SE, Roost and do nothing, taking a +1 SE, Cosmic Power and take a +0 SE, or use a very weak Assist Power while taking a +1 SE. Those aren't good odds.

Also Poison Heal is obtainable in the DW in Japanese games, so it's legal online.

Please learn how to play pokemon before making stupid comments. Roost removes a pokemon's flying typing, making it pure psychic.

6+ Psychic from Reunicles is not a OHKO at all against Sigilyph. His SP A really is nothing that amazing, plus the .5x damage hurts him alot. And if he OHKO's, then why wouldn't my 260 Power move do the same???

Please learn how to play pokemon before making stupid comments. Roost removes a pokemon's flying typing, making it pure psychic.

6+ Psychic from Reunicles is not a OHKO at all against Sigilyph. His SP A really is nothing that amazing, plus the .5x damage hurts him alot. And if he OHKO's, then why wouldn't my 260 Power move do the same???
As Jaroda pointed out, Roost will fail if Sigilyph has full health. Fail as in, not do anything. That includes returning his type to pure Psychic.

Reuniclus has a base 125 Sp A, and if he crits from behind a +6 Boosted Psychic, I'm pretty sure that's a KO. Crits ignore defense boosts and deal 2. something x normal damage. Of course, Reuni could not crit at all, but if it does, you have nothing to handle the standard boosted Reuniclus, especially since your Tyranitar runs Payback, and it is slower than Reuniclus would be.

Also to clarify, if you PP stall out the Reuniclus and you have nothing but 8 pp left in Assist Power, you essentially lose a pokemon if they have any Dark - Type. They get a free turn of setup, and you cannot do anything with Sigilyph should you switch it back in except a 20 BP Assist Power.

Here's the closest thing I could come to a calculation: The old Smogon Calculator.

a 130 Base Attack Machamp with guts and a +1 from Bulk Up and full Atk EVs (10 less attack)
Vs. a Zapdos with full physically defensive EVs and Bold Nature (5 more base defense than Sigilyph for a difference of 15)

1. Guts is activated (in your case by a burn) and you take the Stone Edge:

despite the stat difference of 15, Zapdos takes over 100% from the burned Machamp's SE. So your Sigilyph is beyond dead at that point.

2. This is your best option actually, to use Cosmic Power. given the 15 base stat difference, Zapdos only takes 59% max from Machamp, and then . You then have the ability to try and stall him out. Could work, though you're probably looking at taking closer to 75% from Conkeldurr on the first hit, and if he Bulks Up on your Roost or switches to a counter you could be in trouble.

3. Trying to straight-up Roost stall him. you take more than you save from the SE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)