If you don't like stroopwafels you got to flikker op
name: Bulk Up
move 1: Bulk Up
move 2: Close Combat
move 3: Stone Edge
move 4: Substitute / Taunt
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Instead of spamming Close Combat, this set aims to attempt a sweep with Bulk Up's Attack boost boosting its Attack, and being able to switch moves so stuff like Drifblim and Altaria doesn't stop you.
- The greatest thing about this set is being able to set up on common switchins, and then go for a sweep after a couple of Bulk Ups. For example, Alomomola can't status and Waterfall can't break Sawk's Substitute after a Bulk Up. Misdreavus' Shadow Ball also doesn't 3HKO, and +2 Stone Edge 2HKOes Misdreavus after Stealth Rock, or at +3 without it.
- Close Combat is Sawk's best STAB move, Stone Edge provides the best coverage.
- Substitute vs Taunt depends on preference, Substitute prevents stuff like Rotom-S from revenge killing you, but Taunt makes sure you won't get statused unlike Substitute which will result in mindgames if the opponent can break the Sub in one hit.
- Simple spread, Jolly nature is necessary for things like other Sawks, Skuntank, and Magmortar. You can invest more bulk but you'll miss the power.
- Leftovers for recovery as that lets it beat Misdreavus easier, also helps recovering from Sub damage. If you have Taunt, you could use Black Belt to bluff a Choice set.
- Quagsire beats this, might wanna use a Grass-type like Leafeon or Torterra.
- Musharna is annoying, Dark-types like Skuntank and Absol help with that.