SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

RoiDadadou

Nothing less... from a king.
is a Tiering Contributor
There's... one Pokemon in that "leak" though. And it's not unheard of to have such a low stat as a fully evolved Pokemon. Stonejourner has 20 spdef and spatk. Heck mega beedrill has 15 spatk. I'm sure there are other examples I'm forgetting.
For M-Drill it's normal, it's a Mega, you can only up by 100 so you take what you can where you can. + those Mon are overspecialized.

Genuinely I don't think we should be paying attention to any of these 4chan pastebin leaks

it just feels like the latest "leak meta" for everyone to follow the leader on
for some reaosn
I agree, and this won't get any spotlight from me and the others.

Probably the biggest hard to believe TMs are Slack Off and Head Smash since iirc they have only appeared as level up/egg moves in all the past gens.

For M-Drill it's normal, it's a Mega, you can only up by 100 so you take what you can where you can. + those Mon are overspecialized.
This isn't really the best logic. Like "oh that's different because X arbitrary reason". Plenty of megas are not specialized or optimized well anyways.

If anything, the fact ursalunaBM seems to be a special form ala battle bond Greninja, makes it a little more likely to have special stats.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Found this floating around too

https://pokepast.es/7ea791113442e0e0

I'll scream if Dragapult gets Poltergeist and Miraidon gets Rising Voltage

The latter would definitely get it banned to AG

Probably fake, but I'll admit that these moves are all believable
Contrarily this looks too good to be true in my eyes.

If it's "too good to be true" it's probably fake.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
This isn't really the best logic. Like "oh that's different because X arbitrary reason". Plenty of megas are not specialized or optimized well anyways.

If anything, the fact ursalunaBM seems to be a special form ala battle bond Greninja, makes it a little more likely to have special stats.
That's not arbitrary reason though? Beedrill has a pretty shitty BSTso obviously Megas, which are by design only meant to increase BST by 100, would have to lower Beedrill's unused stats in order to give it any meaningful stat distribution. Bloodmon Ursaluna as far as we are aware is not a in-battle form change in the first place nor is it limited to any pre-defined BST (and is in fact given a very generous 550 to start with - off of a Pokémon with an already insanely optimized stat spread of only 50 spatk) so it doesn't have to abide by the same rules that Megas did

This is in no way "X arbitrary reason" this is literally just understanding the most basic idea of stat distribution design

Contrarily this looks too good to be true in my eyes.

If it's "too good to be true" it's probably fake.
I mean, it can be fairly easily ascertained that all the Isle of Armor moves are returning, and we have Toxic and (kinda) Scald confirmed. That's 20 of the 30 right there, so the remaining the 10 could be fairly reasonably puzzled out.

On a more serious note, "Knock Off as TM, not happening, never was" (using Knock Off here but any applies) isn't really something impossible.

They've basically moved away from the whole "TMs first, Tutors later" system they used until gen 7, SwSh had TMs, TRs (which were basically tutor replacement) and then even tutors later in IoA, Legends Arceus had only a tutor, and SV has this massive TM system, and several of these TM/TRs were former Tutors like Iron Head, Draco Meteor, elemental punches, Tailwind, etc.

We already know that there's 30 TM coming from the datamines/leaks, It's pretty safe to assume that if they do plan to bring back "Knock Off" (or any other currently missing learnable move) in the DLC(s), it will be a TM.
Which doesn't also exclude the presence of tutors (see IoA) on top of it.

Moves which were previously "learnset only" are also not exempt, see for example Dragon Dance now being a TM (also rip Garchomp).

Oh yeah not sure if I ever came clean about this but the Ungaboonguss name list fake leak was made by me and some friends over in the Pet Mods discord server as a joke. We had given these names to refer to the leaked mons to make it easier to talk about them since at the time all we had were random images by Khu so having names to refer to each of them made things easier. We then thought "Hey it would be funny if we tried to pass this off as a fake leak" and we didn't really expectit to gain any traction (Specially since by the time we released it, the game had already begun leaking) but we quickly got thousands of views on the pastebin, it was pretty fun to watch it spread as much as it did
Y e s this was so much fun hsmfhfmgj
I didn't contribute as much as everyone else, but Quaffure, Abundunce, Avestrut, Ryumami and Mystereavus are ones I remember being mine! I also helped a bit with making up a dex order.
I... think Constumble also came from me spitballing several mediocre options when Aquatic wanted to push the tumbleweeds as sheriffs, but I wasn't very happy with it and didn't expect us to go with it - I was kinda hoping someone would think of something better P:

Salanthrope wasn't my own name, but I think I was the one who was trying to push for Salamence to be werewolf-adjacent in general (actually, I remember suggesting Lycamence, but I think we changed it because it sounded as much like Lycanroc as Salamence?)
FMqUyRkVEAAeP8P.jpg

Okay, can you all stop believing pastes which presents stats so optimized it looks like a fangame? We don't have any stats or movepools.
Yeah, it does seem unlikely, however, its good to have a hope at least a few of these are true, as we know all IoA move tutors are becoming TMs this gen, but roost, Knock Off, Toxic, Slack Off... This could be amazing, expecially if they give Diancie Moonlight through a TM (I know its not listed, but I love doing Diancie Stall in private B.O.U games with my friends).

Also btw those stats on Blood Moon add up to 590, not 570. So yeah this is definitely fake.
550*
I don't buy these leaks for a second, but I will say that "appearance" is not a good metric when we live in a reality of base 43 speed Vikavolt. For reference, it's slower than a Caterpie.
We never saw the levels if I remember correctly, the Vikavolt could have used agility, etc
I mean, it can be fairly easily ascertained that all the Isle of Armor moves are returning, and we have Toxic and (kinda) Scald confirmed. That's 20 of the 30 right there, so the remaining the 10 could be fairly reasonably puzzled out.
Quick thing, they could also add more TMs in part 2
Found this floating around too

https://pokepast.es/7ea791113442e0e0

I'll scream if Dragapult gets Poltergeist and Miraidon gets Rising Voltage

The latter would definitely get it banned to AG

Probably fake, but I'll admit that these moves are all believable
Dragapult didn't get Poltergeist in IoA, wont get it here. Hopefully.

Snipped the game-play-relevant stuff

We also got to see some special competitive ambassadors play some "VGC2024 Regulation E" early. They explained to us that Ogerpon is indeed a Restricted Legendary Pokémon, so it won't be legalized for use just yet. They also mentioned that Walking Wake, Iron Leaves, and Shaymin wouldn't be legal for use either, but that Torterra, Infernape, and Empoleon would be, despite only being in the Teal Mask through Pokémon Home transfers.

Okidogi fills a very similar role to previous Pokémon like Incineroar, Rillaboom, and Iron Hands. It has access to the abilities Toxic Chain and Scrappy, and gets moves such as Fake Out, Knock Off, Parting Shot, and Taunt. It's also a very respectable offensive option, with strong Same-Type-Attack-Bonus moves like Close Combat, Drain Punch, Gunk Shot, and Poison Jab. It also benefits from the expanded TM List, with the supportive moves Breaking Swipe, and older TMs Snarl and U-Turn. It's very Bulky, Strong, and has a decent Speed tier, able to outspeed Regieleki if Tailwind is set on your team's field. It is Fighting- and Poison-Type.

Munkidori is a very fast and bulky Psychic- and Poison-Type Pokémon, similar to Scream Tail. It gets a wide supportive movepool with moves like Encore, Slack Off, Snarl, Taunt, Thunder Wave, and more. It also has the Toxic Chain ability, but gets Prankster as its hidden ability. It's also decently strong, able to abuse STAB moves for some chip damage and their side effects, like Sludge Bomb and Psychic. It also gets Expanding Force, Pollen Puff, Trick Room, and many others through TMs.

Last but certainly not least, Fezandipiti is very similar to most other Special Attackers. This Fairy- and Poison-Type Pokémon is fast, strong, and has similar bulk to other Fairy-Types like Enamorus and Flutter Mane. Like the other two in its trio, it gets Toxic Chain as its primary ability, but it gets Serene Grace as its hidden ability. It gets powerful moves like Roost and Tailwind through TMs, and powerful STABs Dazzling Gleam, Moonblast, and Sludge Bomb. It also has access to multiple great coverage and support moves, Heat Wave, Hurricane, and Icy Wind are just a few of them.

The whole trio has the ability "Toxic Chain", which is similar to Poison Touch in that attacks the user has can Poison the target. However, it can be any attack instead of just moves that make contact, and it has a 25% chance to Badly Poison targets instead.

This group of Pokémon is somewhat unique because they have signature abilities but also have hidden abilities, which has only been done before by the Tapus of Alola. How these Pokémon are used will certainly be interesting, and they will have great niches in the upcoming format.

They also gave us the rundown on the new "Blood Moon Ursaluna". This variant of Ursaluna is more akin to Legendary Pokémon, with a boosted Base Stat Total similar to Roaring Moon, Walking Wake, Iron Valiant, and Iron Leaves. It's faster and bulkier, but hits weaker with its lost access to the ability Guts and STAB Facade. Ursaring can't evolve into it, nor can Hisuian Ursaluna change into this form. It drops the Normal-Type in favor of the Steel-Type, and gets the moves Bullet Punch, Slack Off, Snarl, Stealth Rock, Steel Roller, and Sucker Punch to prove annoying to opponents' strategies. Otherwise, its movepool remains very similar to Hisuian Ursaluna's, with the addition of its signature move, "Blood Moon". This Ghost-Type move has a base power of 150, and a base accuracy of 95%. Blood Moon Ursaluna caught during the "Legendary Beast" story will all have the Tera-Type of Ghost, boosting the move through STAB and removing its weakness to the Fighting-Type. Its new abilities, Mind's Eye and Defiant, also make it a menace. "Mind's Eye" is a new ability that basically combines Keen Eye and Scrappy, without ignoring the Attack Stat drops from Intimidate.

Briefly going over the actual sets of battles themselves, we were able to see some buffs to movesets that certain Pokémon have received in this new update. One of the players used a team of Hisuian Arcanine, Gastrodon, Brute Bonnet, Okidogi, Galarian Articuno, and Hisuain Ursaluna, while the other used a team of Hisuian Arcanine, Rapid Strike Urshifu, Rillaboom, Flutter Mane, Blood Moon Ursaluna, and Kantonian Zapdos.

Throughout this battle we saw Gastrodon using Scald and Scorching Sands; Brute Bonnet taking advantage of Rillaboom's Grassy Terrain with Grassy Glide; Galarian Articuno has gained access to Burning Jealousy and Roost; meanwhile the other player showed off Rillaboom regaining Grassy Glide; Flutter Mane also obtaining Burning Jealousy into its movepool; and Blood Moon Ursaluna having Poltergeist.

Lastly, they showed us a trailer showing off other Pokémon getting new moves that is meant to coincide with the next Nintendo Direct to promote both parts of the Hidden Treasure of Area Zero. This includes Galarian Moltres using Roost, Glimmora using Meteor Beam; the Tapus using the Isle of Armor Terrain moves; Iron Crown using Ice Beam against Raging Bolt whom retaliates by using Fire Blast against the Iron Crown; Rapid Strike Urshifu using the new "Upper Hand" against an Incineroar, and Flutter Mane using the new "Psychic Noise" against an Okidogi.
Seems like some high tier Cap, but that seems amazing if true.
Edit, oh fuck, the Tapu's are back if this is true.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 12)