SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

If Slack Off does indeed become a TM, my sweet babies Dewgong and Grumpig better get it.

I am very curious to see if any recovery moves now become TMs with recovery being nerfed. Roost, Slack Off, Moonlight, etc.

At the least, unless the trailer footage lied to us Milotic is getting scald.
The funny thing is that I always thought it was weird that they went so far as scrubbing it out of every movepool in the game except Volcanion's, which already has Steam Eruption.

And it'll be right back where it was soon enough. That's actually kind of disgusting. Some sick monster looked at the game and said "We should bring Scald back".

I had forgotten how evil this company was. :zonger:

The funny thing is that I always thought it was weird that they went so far as scrubbing it out of every movepool in the game except Volcanion's, which already has Steam Eruption.

And it'll be right back where it was soon enough. That's actually kind of disgusting. Some sick monster looked at the game and said "We should bring Scald back".

The "scrubbing" isn't that weird, Simipour isn't in the game and was the only other one to learn it naturally. Everyone else lost it because it wasn't a TM anymore. Not much to really scrub out in that sense.

The weirder part is adding Chilling Water, which seemed to be the more "balanced" replacement, and then bringing back Scald anyway.
I suppose the learnsets of the two don't have as much overlap as one might guess but it's like...why bother....

Still say the funniest result of all this would be simply "we added Scald to Milotic's level up moves"

TBH it'd be odd if they went back on things like limiting recovery or Toxic distribution (which were done to nerf 'stall'-y playstyles), which seem to be more calculated/conscious choices.

That being said not out of realm of possibility. Speaking of which, is the 12th the earliest we'll get the DLC info dropped through it being released?

Speaking of which, is the 12th the earliest we'll get the DLC info dropped through it being released?
IIRC (and I may be wrong), that's what happened with IoA and CT, so more likely than not yes, also considering that it's simply a patch rather than a full new release that someone might get their hands on early

Tbh we also know we're going to get better Scald in matcha gotcha and the scald sidegrade in Scorching Sands

Hey remember Ice Punch Blaziken from ORAS?

The trailer lying isn't completely out of the equation.
And the return of Return in BDSP.

Tbh we also know we're going to get better Scald in matcha gotcha and the scald sidegrade in Scorching Sands
Matcha is a signature move.

Tbh, it bothers me more to see most Water moves become irrelevant again.

RoiDadadou

I COULD BE BANNED!
I pray every single day for Scald not to be back.
On a more theory note, here are some moves I’d like to see as TMs, or anything else that could spread them, somedays :
- Whirlwind.
- Seismic Toss.
- Leech Seed.
- Night Shade.
- Teleport.
- Recover (and basically all Reco moves, especially Moonlight/Slack Off/Roost).
- Glare.
- Crabhammer.
- Mach Punch.
- QD.
- Meteor Mash.
- Volt Tackle.
- Heart Swap.
- Aurasphere.
- Defog.
- Soak.
- Sacred Sword.
- Horn Leech.
- Fiery Dance.
- Sticky Web.
- Freeze Dry.
- Spiky Shield.
- Ice Hammer.
- Fire Lash.
- Dragon Hammer.
- Accelerock.
- Head Smash.
- Power Shift.

Sorry for the renting, or if I made some errors, did this in the night on my phone. I do hope to see some of those in the new TMs, crossed fingers.

I pray every single day for Scald not to be back.
On a more theory note, here are some moves I’d like to see as TMs, or anything else that could spread them, somedays :
- Whirlwind.
- Seismic Toss.
- Leech Seed.
- Night Shade.
- Teleport.
- Recover (and basically all Reco moves, especially Moonlight/Slack Off/Roost).
- Glare.
- Crabhammer.
- Mach Punch.
- QD.
- Meteor Mash.
- Volt Tackle.
- Heart Swap.
- Aurasphere.
- Defog.
- Soak.
- Sacred Sword.
- Horn Leech.
- Fiery Dance.
- Sticky Web.
- Freeze Dry.
- Spiky Shield.
- Ice Hammer.
- Fire Lash.
- Dragon Hammer.
- Accelerock.
- Head Smash.
- Power Shift.

Sorry for the renting, or if I made some errors, did this in the night on my phone. I do hope to see some of those in the new TMs, crossed fingers.
QD as a TM would be insane. We'd have to send 4 - 5 Pokemon to ubers for the same reason we sent Volcarona lmao.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I find it interesting how I personally feel and have seen many others share the sentiment that this DLC's Pokemon roster feels a lot more full and fleshed out and yet when you compare the raw numbers it actually isn't that much higher. Between Kubfu and Urshifu, the Galarian Slowpoke family, the Galarian Birds, the Regis and Calyrex and his steeds the SWSH DLCs added 13 Pokemon while for SV it's looking like 16, only marginally higher.

The key difference? The SV batch is way better distributed across a variety of fronts
-SWSH had only one 3 member family of "regular" Pokemon, the remainder being Legendary in some capacity. Meanwhile SV has 5, 9 if you include the Loyal Three and Blood Moon Ursaluna
-Only 4 of the SWSH DLC's 13 Pokemon were in Isle of Armor. Compare this to SV providing a perfect split of the 16 between Teal Mask and Indigo Disk
-Finally, more of the SWSH DLC guys were part of groups, while in SV you got more one-offs

RoiDadadou

I COULD BE BANNED!
I find it interesting how I personally feel and have seen many others share the sentiment that this DLC's Pokemon roster feels a lot more full and fleshed out and yet when you compare the raw numbers it actually isn't that much higher. Between Kubfu and Urshifu, the Galarian Slowpoke family, the Galarian Birds, the Regis and Calyrex and his steeds the SWSH DLCs added 13 Pokemon while for SV it's looking like 16, only marginally higher.

The key difference? The SV batch is way better distributed across a variety of fronts
-SWSH had only one 3 member family of "regular" Pokemon, the remainder being Legendary in some capacity. Meanwhile SV has 5, 9 if you include the Loyal Three and Blood Moon Ursaluna
-Only 4 of the SWSH DLC's 13 Pokemon were in Isle of Armor. Compare this to SV providing a perfect split of the 16 between Teal Mask and Indigo Disk
-Finally, more of the SWSH DLC guys were part of groups, while in SV you got more one-offs
I agree with all of that. But there’s also the fact that Ogerpon and Terapagos have way more charm than Urshifu and Calyrex. SS DLC hype was mostly carried by Galarian Birds, not gonna lie, whereas here, even if the Poison trio is cool, the other Pokémon are as much if not more.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I agree with all of that. But there’s also the fact that Ogerpon and Terapagos have way more charm than Urshifu and Calyrex. SS DLC hype was mostly carried by Galarian Birds, not gonna lie, whereas here, even if the Poison trio is cool, the other Pokémon are as much if not more.
One more factor I forgot to mention is that mainly in the case of the Indigo Disk roster (but also possibly Teal Mask who knows) there's actual strong connective tissue with the base game story and concepts. Calyrex kind of had that but it was kinda vague, up to interpretation and either way didn't really branch off from the original storyline the same way someone like Terapagos seems set to

Yeah the DLC this time around seems more fulfilling than SS's but on the flipside the timeline for its release is far worse. SS getting the IoA 6 months after release felt just like the right time to bring back some of the older Pokemon once players had their fix with the base game and even though the new content wasn't too revolutionary, it added just enough to spice up a new playthrough.

I think the devs wanted the first DLC to have a bigger impact, hence why the release is September instead of June. However, I feel there hasn't been enough content to keep players consistently coming back to make up for the big gap between the game's launch and the release of the DLC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)