SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

I pray every single day for Scald not to be back.
On a more theory note, here are some moves I’d like to see as TMs, or anything else that could spread them, somedays :
- Whirlwind.
- Seismic Toss.
- Leech Seed.
- Night Shade.
- Teleport.
- Recover (and basically all Reco moves, especially Moonlight/Slack Off/Roost).
- Glare.
- Crabhammer.
- Mach Punch.
- QD.
- Meteor Mash.
- Volt Tackle.
- Heart Swap.
- Aurasphere.
- Defog.
- Soak.
- Sacred Sword.
- Horn Leech.
- Fiery Dance.
- Sticky Web.
- Freeze Dry.
- Spiky Shield.
- Ice Hammer.
- Fire Lash.
- Dragon Hammer.
- Accelerock.
- Head Smash.
- Power Shift.

Sorry for the renting, or if I made some errors, did this in the night on my phone. I do hope to see some of those in the new TMs, crossed fingers.
You bro want all strategy to be ho, stall and basically play aamove ingame. Pleaaaase bro.
Daheck u want mach punch and qd as tms

Reco moves? Teleport? U dreamin.

I can't see volt tackle, sacred sword, crabhammer pr any prio/reco be a tm nor i can imagine spiky shield and whirlwind
Again, only one of these is a signature move, and we have had signature moves become TMs eventually.
Mystical Fire for example became an actually widespread TM.
Aura Sphere is instead a example of extremely small distribution move that became a TM.

Crabhammer is the only one of these that would not make sense as TM since it... kinda requires the user to basically be a crab.
But other than that, never base your assumption that something cannot become a TM or tutor move just purely to its current distribution. It's proven several times that it's not a concern.

The first part is the most important.

It's locked to *one* mon. Not every Water-type.
Not every water type, still salty about Palkia not getting scald.
Again, only one of these is a signature move, and we have had signature moves become TMs eventually.
Mystical Fire for example became an actually widespread TM.
Aura Sphere is instead a example of extremely small distribution move that became a TM.

Crabhammer is the only one of these that would not make sense as TM since it... kinda requires the user to basically be a crab.
But other than that, never base your assumption that something cannot become a TM or tutor move just purely to its current distribution. It's proven several times that it's not a concern.
If we got TM Quiver Dance, Yanmega Might Get That
2 days till DLC

I agree with all of that. But there’s also the fact that Ogerpon and Terapagos have way more charm than Urshifu and Calyrex. SS DLC hype was mostly carried by Galarian Birds, not gonna lie, whereas here, even if the Poison trio is cool, the other Pokémon are as much if not more.
I agree that Ogerpon and Terapagos have a ton of charm, not only in their Competitive possibilities, but with how cute their designs are adorable
IMG_0328.jpeg

Last edited:
You know what move I'd love to come back both as a TM and in general? Return
For me it has to be Superpower. I love Luxray, but they did him dirty this gen. TPC, please add a new physical electric move. Also, I’ll try to realistic
  1. Burning Jealosy
  2. Lash Out
  3. Scale Shot
  4. Meteor Beam
  5. Grassy Glide
  6. Rising Voltage
  7. Misty Explosion
  8. Expanding Force
  9. Terrain Pulse
  10. Dual Wingbeat
  11. Flip Turn
  12. Triple Axel
  13. Scorching Sands
  14. Poltergeist
  15. Toxic
  16. Roost
  17. Moonlight
  18. Sticky Web
  19. Leech Seed
  20. Fire Lash
  21. Dragon Hammer
  22. Ice Hammer
  23. Superpower
  24. Throat Chop
  25. Blaze Kick
  26. High Horsepower
  27. Spirit Break
  28. Filler
  29. Filler
  30. Filler

Last edited:
Just saw a Pastebin allegedly including several of the TM learns/relearns. I'm not sharing it since I can't confirm credibility of the post it came from (and also it was on my phone and I'm too lazy to find the link again), but it looks plausible-yet-scary. Checking here in case anyone has similarly run into it. Will post highlights in a Hide in case anyone cares, again though these are from the Pastebin

Several things get but I mainly feel like noting the ones that need it to function rather than going from useable to "the same but now I burn you"
  • Clefable gets Knock Off and Slack Off, which solves its expected progress and Healing deficit from the move wipe
  • Scyther/Scizor get Dual Wingbeat, Knock Off, and Roost, which helps a lot for coverage and especially their utility access
  • Slowpoke Evos get Scald back and the Galarian versions get Toxic.
  • Snorlax has Slack Off, which probably goes a long way for its function as a Special Sponge now since it has two really good defensive abilities (Thick Fat adding two Resists or Immunity to block Toxic)
  • Galarian birds all get Roost, to Goltres's delight, and the Special-ones get Burning Jealousy
  • Dragonite gets Dual Wingbeat and Scale Shot back, the former really big because OU has a lot of targets for Flying STAB that it had room for/prefers over Dragon
  • Mew gets Toxic, Scald, and Flip Turn, and Recovery Moves back, so incoming Demon Mew again
  • Azumarill has High Horsepower for alternative Steel Coverage over Superpower
  • Weavile has Throat Chop and Triple Axel back, much to its relief I imagine in UU if nothing else
  • Gligar/Gliscor get Roost and Dual Wingbeat, so a STAB and the recovery its bulky sets want
  • Scald Pelipper, Rain time
  • Banette line gets Poltergeist. This isn't really game breaking but as a Banette fan it would make me happy he finally has a good Ghost move.
  • Torterra gets Grassy Glide, interesting since its speed was always a big issue for it, and Arboliva might mean lower tiers have Grassy Terrain available
  • Infernape has Aura Sphere and Scorching Sands, so special sets have some more reliable Attacks now rather than having to go mixed to avoid Focus Blast Accuracy.
  • Empoleon gets Scald, Flip Turn, and Roost, all of which do wonders for it as its typing lets it work as a bulky pivot
  • Gastrodon gets Scald.
  • Garchomp gets Scale Shot back, might finally beat the UU allegations
  • Samurott line gets Scald and Flip Turn on final form, which Hamurott's gonna eat up for even more pressure while spiking
  • Amoongus gets Toxic, no surprise as a Mushroom
  • Basculin gets Flip Turn, which would be great for Basculegion
  • Pawniard gets Knock Off back so Kingambit is going straight to Ubers
  • Volc has Roost and Scorching Sands so that Uber ban is probably gonna stick once that drops
  • All 3 Forces of Nature get Knock Off back so Lando-T is vying for his throne while Torn-T actually has something to do
  • Toxapex has Scald and Knock Off so Big Stall is returning indeed
  • Kommo-o gets Knock off, nice for progress but doesn't do much for Fairies
  • Tapus all have their Terrain move (this one is where I say sketch), Koko and Bulu get Spirit Break and Bulu also gets High Horsepower for Steels over Superpower debuffing. Tapu Fini gets Flip Turn which works for Bulky/Terrain Pivoting
  • Dragapult gets Poltergeist, that's another for the "probably Ubers" category
  • Zarude with Knock Off and Grassy Glide, former is an upgrade over Crunch on something that bulky, and Priority never hurts if Terrain is present with all the other Gliders
  • Regieleki gets Rising Voltage so staying Ubers
  • Basculegion gets Poltergeist in addition to Flip Turn, real Ghost STAB even with LR banned. Female also gets Scald
  • Knock Off for Enamorus gives its Physical set another move to mess with, or something for Mixed sets
  • Meowscarada gets Grassy glide, was kind of fast already though
  • Quaquaval gets Triple Axel and Flip Turn, massive improvements over Ice Spinner and U-Turn for its UU sets even if they don't open new sets up necessarily
  • Ceruledge gets Poltergeist, decent STAB combo alongside Bitter Blade
  • Tinkaton gets High Horsepower if you want to hit other Steels, though I think she'll stick to her utility focus
  • Poltergeist for Houndstone means they have a Ghost move again in OU-down
  • Dondozo has Scald and Flip Turn so it's less of a momentum sink and ensures Physical is never breaking it
  • Clodsire and Quagsire get Scald and the former also gets Scorching Sands. Definitely appreciate a way to shore up its squishier Physical side and threaten outside Toxic for Status
  • Baxcalibur gets Scale Shot and High Horsepower (dodges Terrain for its usual EQ coverage), so that's getting banned.
  • Koraidon gets Scale Shot, Ubers gonna "like" that considering how high it runs already
  • Miraidon has Rising Voltage so say hello to your newest AG Pokemon

That's all the ones that popped at me, but there are definitely others that probably have VGC or lower tier relevance that I'm less in tune with.

Just saw a Pastebin allegedly including several of the TM learns/relearns. I'm not sharing it since I can't confirm credibility of the post it came from (and also it was on my phone and I'm too lazy to find the link again), but it looks plausible-yet-scary. Checking here in case anyone has similarly run into it. Will post highlights in a Hide in case anyone cares, again though these are from the Pastebin

Several things get but I mainly feel like noting the ones that need it to function rather than going from useable to "the same but now I burn you"
  • Clefable gets Knock Off and Slack Off, which solves its expected progress and Healing deficit from the move wipe
  • Scyther/Scizor get Dual Wingbeat, Knock Off, and Roost, which helps a lot for coverage and especially their utility access
  • Slowpoke Evos get Scald back and the Galarian versions get Toxic.
  • Snorlax has Slack Off, which probably goes a long way for its function as a Special Sponge now since it has two really good defensive abilities (Thick Fat adding two Resists or Immunity to block Toxic)
  • Galarian birds all get Roost, to Goltres's delight, and the Special-ones get Burning Jealousy
  • Dragonite gets Dual Wingbeat and Scale Shot back, the former really big because OU has a lot of targets for Flying STAB that it had room for/prefers over Dragon
  • Mew gets Toxic, Scald, and Flip Turn, and Recovery Moves back, so incoming Demon Mew again
  • Azumarill has High Horsepower for alternative Steel Coverage over Superpower
  • Weavile has Throat Chop and Triple Axel back, much to its relief I imagine in UU if nothing else
  • Gligar/Gliscor get Roost and Dual Wingbeat, so a STAB and the recovery its bulky sets want
  • Scald Pelipper, Rain time
  • Banette line gets Poltergeist. This isn't really game breaking but as a Banette fan it would make me happy he finally has a good Ghost move.
  • Torterra gets Grassy Glide, interesting since its speed was always a big issue for it, and Arboliva might mean lower tiers have Grassy Terrain available
  • Infernape has Aura Sphere and Scorching Sands, so special sets have some more reliable Attacks now rather than having to go mixed to avoid Focus Blast Accuracy.
  • Empoleon gets Scald, Flip Turn, and Roost, all of which do wonders for it as its typing lets it work as a bulky pivot
  • Gastrodon gets Scald.
  • Garchomp gets Scale Shot back, might finally beat the UU allegations
  • Samurott line gets Scald and Flip Turn on final form, which Hamurott's gonna eat up for even more pressure while spiking
  • Amoongus gets Toxic, no surprise as a Mushroom
  • Basculin gets Flip Turn, which would be great for Basculegion
  • Pawniard gets Knock Off back so Kingambit is going straight to Ubers
  • Volc has Roost and Scorching Sands so that Uber ban is probably gonna stick once that drops
  • All 3 Forces of Nature get Knock Off back so Lando-T is vying for his throne while Torn-T actually has something to do
  • Toxapex has Scald and Knock Off so Big Stall is returning indeed
  • Kommo-o gets Knock off, nice for progress but doesn't do much for Fairies
  • Tapus all have their Terrain move (this one is where I say sketch), Koko and Bulu get Spirit Break and Bulu also gets High Horsepower for Steels over Superpower debuffing. Tapu Fini gets Flip Turn which works for Bulky/Terrain Pivoting
  • Dragapult gets Poltergeist, that's another for the "probably Ubers" category
  • Zarude with Knock Off and Grassy Glide, former is an upgrade over Crunch on something that bulky, and Priority never hurts if Terrain is present with all the other Gliders
  • Regieleki gets Rising Voltage so staying Ubers
  • Basculegion gets Poltergeist in addition to Flip Turn, real Ghost STAB even with LR banned. Female also gets Scald
  • Knock Off for Enamorus gives its Physical set another move to mess with, or something for Mixed sets
  • Meowscarada gets Grassy glide, was kind of fast already though
  • Quaquaval gets Triple Axel and Flip Turn, massive improvements over Ice Spinner and U-Turn for its UU sets even if they don't open new sets up necessarily
  • Ceruledge gets Poltergeist, decent STAB combo alongside Bitter Blade
  • Tinkaton gets High Horsepower if you want to hit other Steels, though I think she'll stick to her utility focus
  • Poltergeist for Houndstone means they have a Ghost move again in OU-down
  • Dondozo has Scald and Flip Turn so it's less of a momentum sink and ensures Physical is never breaking it
  • Clodsire and Quagsire get Scald and the former also gets Scorching Sands. Definitely appreciate a way to shore up its squishier Physical side and threaten outside Toxic for Status
  • Baxcalibur gets Scale Shot and High Horsepower (dodges Terrain for its usual EQ coverage), so that's getting banned.
  • Koraidon gets Scale Shot, Ubers gonna "like" that considering how high it runs already
  • Miraidon has Rising Voltage so say hello to your newest AG Pokemon

That's all the ones that popped at me, but there are definitely others that probably have VGC or lower tier relevance that I'm less in tune with.
Sir, please add the pastebin, we all want to see that. Pika Pal, please respond

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
We've been discussing this one pastebin for the past two or three pages with multiple people pointing out both the flaws in its design and where the pastebin originates from being unreliable as hell (with it also blatantly being based on someone else's public wishlist), idt its worth discussing it further atp

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Imo, no it’s not, lets talk about the move Spirit Break, and how some Pokémon would love to have it.
This isn't really the thread for "move distributions I wish were real" though. This is the thread about leaks for the DLC. I'd rather thread stay on topic instead of just derailing into people discussing what they think would be cool.

Whatever the case, the DLC comes out in more or less 36 hours from now so I'm positive we will only really hear about any datamine by tomorrow (probably sometime close to the HOME update)

This isn't really the thread for "move distributions I wish were real" though. This is the thread about leaks for the DLC. I'd rather thread stay on topic instead of just derailing into people discussing what they think would be cool.

Whatever the case, the DLC comes out in more or less 36 hours from now so I'm positive we will only really hear about any datamine by tomorrow (probably sometime close to the HOME update)
Oh right, I’ll delete it then

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)