SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

It's dex entry is the exact same as Rapid Spin's in Gen 8 with the extra mention of poison. If it doesn't remove hazards then that'd mean either base Rapid Spin doesn't remove hazards anymore either or they made a blunder in giving it the same descriptor.

OK it seems like the person who answered me before might have been full of shit. Which is great.

When the conceit of the pokemon is "these pokemon evolved to adapt to a region from a couple hundred years ago that no longer acts like this in the present" and then the very next generation purposely excludes the ability to get any of them, even the ones who hypothetically could evolve but arbitrarily cant...

i think it's pretty obvious to see why the "in-universe extinct" idea came about currently, regardless of what happens moving forward
Imagine if GF were clever and had fossils in the game. Only, the fossils we find were Hisuian forms of the pokemon. Studying the DNA of Say H-Samurott we have create an item that replicates the conditions necessary for Dewott to take that form.

Tandemaus: Exhibiting great teamwork, they use their incisors to cut pieces out of any material that might be useful for a nest, then make off with them.

For the people that explained why Population Bomb is cutting, good guess. The better question is what's the point of classifying it as Sharp when none of the mice forms can get Sharpness. And what's better berween Technician Pop Bomb or Sharpness Pop Bomb?
technician 100% if sharpness is a boost similar to iron fist.

Something small I noticed is that the catching system seemed to be simplified a bit. If the mon is not registered, the standard 3 shake animation happens. After registering, subsequent catches seem to only have one shake before breaking out/confirming the catch. I don't think it's a critical capture because there was no change in sound effect and no shaking of the ball after the mon goes in the ball. Can someone confirm if they experience this too? Wondering if Gen 9 reduces shake checks after catching the Pokemon once (but thats just my personal hypothesis)

Last edited:
Tandemaus: Exhibiting great teamwork, they use their incisors to cut pieces out of any material that might be useful for a nest, then make off with them.

For the people that explained why Population Bomb is cutting, good guess. The better question is what's the point of classifying it as Sharp when none of the mice forms can get Sharpness. And what's better berween Technician Pop Bomb or Sharpness Pop Bomb?
Some moves do that. Origin Pulse gets buffed by Mega Launcher.

Doing a couple calcs for my own benefit and thought you guys would be interested to see.

Abomasnow is really interesting with the snow change (this is assuming the weather defenses boost is +1)

252 SpA Gengar Sludge Bomb vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Abomasnow: 224-266 (58.3 - 69.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Garchomp Fire Fang vs. +1 252 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 244-288 (63.5 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Tsareena High Jump Kick vs. +1 252 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 226-268 (58.8 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Maybe not the best mon or move choices but I wanted to take a look at a couple random ones. He can survive and then kill all 3 of these. if he is able to get up aurora veil his tankiness gets even higher. He's still not like insane but he at least has a little more value outside of just setting which might make slush rush cores more interesting in vgc.

With that in mind I did this calc for Cetitan:

0 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. +1 0 HP / 4 SpD Cetitan (stats and type): 290-344 (60.2 - 71.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after trapping damage

252 Atk Life Orb Cetitan Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 489-577 (126.6 - 149.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
I'm pretty sure snow just boosts physical defense.

I'm pretty sure snow just boosts physical defense.
Are we sure about that? Because I saw that the description for Snowscape says that snow boosts Ice-types' defenses. Not their Defense, their defenses. Plural and lowercase. If they meant just Defense, that's how they'd have put it, surely?

Anyway, I had a question I wanted to bring up in here in the first place. Do we know heights and weights yet? Dudunsparce specifically- the two forms look like they're identical in terms of practical use, but I was thinking, since the three segment form would naturally be larger, it'd likely also be heavier, and I wanted to know if their weights means that Two Segment Dudunsparce might take less damage from Low Kick, or are both forms within range for the same base power?

Will tornadus use his new signature move over hurricane
100 BP 80 acc 30% to lower speed
vs
110 Bp 70 acc 30% to confuse
hurricanes secondary effect has got to be better cause tornadus is already so fast but the +10 accuracy is better than the +10 power
The new sig move is better outside of Rain. On average, it'll have 80 BP vs Hurricane's 77 BP. Dropping speed is probably better than confusion too.

The user attacks the target by showering it with water that's so cold it saps the target's power. This also lowers the target's Attack stat.
Is Chilling Water a draining attack? The description mentions it saps the target's strength. Is it talking about the attack drop?
Nevermind, just noticed the doc mentions whether or not a move has a draining effect (like Bitter Blade) and it does not.
no idea whether or not this was answered but does the ruinous quartet's abilities only proc once per battle (like zacian's ability) or per switchin?
There's no reason to suspect that they don't proc on every switch-in. But they don't lower stat stages like intimidate. When they switch out, the debuffing effect goes away.

Last edited:
Was this changed in the day one patch? I distinctly remember seeing a screenshot where it said "defenses".
You're probably referring to this post from Thursday. I also misremembered seeing "Defenses," both plural and capitalized, but "Defense stats" is no less painfully ambiguous. If not for the capital letter, you could read it either way. For comparison, Sandstorm's text reads "Sp. Def stats" in Gen 9 and Gen 9 alone. Had GameFreak just copypasted their text from Gens 7-8 as in so many other cases, this would not even be a problem.

Alright, nevermind - considering the placement, it's most likely dex related.
Here is the height, weight, catch rate, gender ratio, base friendship and EV yields of all Pokemon found in SV: https://pastebin.com/stVQdp7U

This signifies the end of my datamining for the games. I have gotten all that I wanted out of the data, and since public tools for extracting the trpfs/trpak files now seem to be popping up, anything else should be obtainable by other people. Goodbye until the next games leak!
And how would acquire such a tool? I want to try getting all the in-game text to see if I can find any info on Egg Move passing between two of the same species. Picnic doesn't appear to be working for passing Sucker Punch from Bisharp to Bisharp w/ empty move slot.

SO considering that no one has found Apriballs/Apricorns yet I assume they’re not going to be in the base game as obtainable items - but does anyone have the item list for the full item list? do we, by any chance, know if the balls are programmed into the game and can be “traded” over or anything like that?

This is really important to me ok

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Something small I noticed is that the catching system seemed to be simplified a bit. If the mon is not registered, the standard 3 shake animation happens. After registering, subsequent catches seem to only have one shake before breaking out/confirming the catch. I don't think it's a critical capture because there was no change in sound effect and no shaking of the ball after the mon goes in the ball. Can someone confirm if they experience this too? Wondering if Gen 9 reduces shake checks after catching the Pokemon once (but thats just my personal hypothesis)
Can confirm. Critical catch is still in the game btw, but it has a different animation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)