SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
No...this is with the day 1 patch as the person mentions in their many tweets. The day 1 patch doesn't do anything for performance.

Edit: They mentioned this was in handheld mode and docked there's less issues but they do still exist and shouldn't. It also turns out one of the reasons why this might be is Gamefreak trying to render the ENTIRE open world at the same time instead of in portions.
Game Freak... Why?

Just because Sonic 06 is my favorite Sonic game doesn't mean I want you to do the same things they did.

Nintendo needs to force Game Freak to accept help from other devs.

Disclaimer: I've never played any Sonic games. I just like seeing Speedrunners break 06 and 06 break Youtubers.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Don't bother trying to convince me they cared about BDSP when they had Forced Affection and added 1 Non-Version Exclusive Fire Type.
No one would be able to reasonably convince anyone that anyone cared about BDSP.

That game was so obviously an afterthought that was a "necessity measure" to cover for the holiday season since PLA was likely delayed by a few months and also to "sponge" the social need for a remake even though Legends: Arceus was the real deal from the start and the real Sinnoh "remake" a la FRLG, HGSS, and ORAS, the real next Gen 8 game after Sword and Shield, and the actual "2021" game for mainline Pokemon.

BDSP was an afterthought and the most it deserves to be recognized for is exactly what it is: an afterthought. It was a last minute cover measure in case PLA didn't go well because PLA was such a big risk that they were taking, now that PLA exists and took off really well with the public we can all just forget that BDSP ever existed.

I REALLY wanna try to figure out some of these unknown move flags.

Unknown_56Recover, Soft-Boiled, Rest, Milk Drink, Morning Sun, Synthesis, Moonlight, Swallow, Wish, Slack Off, Roost, Shore Up, Life Dew, Jungle Healing, Lunar Blessing
Unknown_57Whirlwind, Sand Attack, Tail Whip, Leer, Growl, Roar, Sing, Supersonic, Disable, Leech Seed, Poison Powder, Stun Spore, Sleep Powder, String Shot, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Hypnosis, Mimic, Screech, Smokescreen, Confuse Ray, Poison Gas, Spore, Cotton Spore, Spite, Scary Face, Sweet Kiss, Spikes, Lock-On, Charm, Swagger, Mean Look, Attract, Encore, Sweet Scent, Torment, Flatter, Will-O-Wisp, Memento, Taunt, Helping Hand, Trick, Role Play, Yawn, Skill Swap, Feather Dance, Fake Tears, Metal Sound, Tickle, Block, Healing Wish, Acupressure, Power Trick, Gastro Acid, Copycat, Power Swap, Worry Seed, Toxic Spikes, Heart Swap, Switcheroo, Stealth Rock, Guard Split, Power Split, Soak, Simple Beam, Entrainment, After You, Heal Pulse, Quash, Reflect Type, Sticky Web, Parting Shot, Fairy Lock, Play Nice, Confide, Aromatic Mist, Eerie Impulse, Hold Hands, Baby-Doll Eyes, Strength Sap, Speed Swap, Instruct, Tearful Look, Tar Shot, Magic Powder, Teatime, Court Change, Life Dew, Corrosive Gas, Coaching, Power Shift, Spicy Extract, Revival Blessing, Salt Cure
Unknown_58Guillotine, Fissure
Unknown_59Guillotine, Mega Kick, Horn Drill, Sing, Blizzard, Poison Powder, Stun Spore, Sleep Powder, Thunder, Hypnosis, Smog, Sweet Kiss, Zap Cannon, Dynamic Punch, Iron Tail, Sheer Cold, Dragon Rush, Focus Blast, Magma Storm, Inferno, Hurricane, Bleakwind Storm, Wildbolt Storm, Sandsear Storm
Unknown_60Guillotine, Horn Drill, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Confuse Ray, Glare

Unknown_57 has GOT to be the Good As Gold list right? And Unknown_56 is the Heal flag but with no Draining moves listed.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor

Their evos are cool and all, but let's give a big hand to these guys for being the first set of Pokemon in series history to have retconned Eviolite compatibility.

4 Johto Normals and Bisharp. What a batch.
One of them is certainly not like the others!

What do you mean by Eviolite compatibility? These five can’t benefit Eviolite for some reason? (Understandable for Stantler and Ursaring as their evo aren’t available yet without HOME)

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
I meant they are the first set of Pokemon that formerly could not use Eviolite that now can
Ah yeah, since there’s no multiple new traditional cross-gen evolution since Gen 4 until Sylveon and by greater extension, PLA and SV, and Generation 5 have introduced Eviolite.

For new retroactive beneficiants of Eviolite since Gen 5, yeah that was not the case until Legends: Arceus + SV, as previous cross-gen evolutions are either Sylveon (from Eevee, nothing new) or whose previous form is exclusively a regional form.

Unknown_56Recover, Soft-Boiled, Rest, Milk Drink, Morning Sun, Synthesis, Moonlight, Swallow, Wish, Slack Off, Roost, Shore Up, Life Dew, Jungle Healing, Lunar Blessing
Unknown_57Whirlwind, Sand Attack, Tail Whip, Leer, Growl, Roar, Sing, Supersonic, Disable, Leech Seed, Poison Powder, Stun Spore, Sleep Powder, String Shot, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Hypnosis, Mimic, Screech, Smokescreen, Confuse Ray, Poison Gas, Spore, Cotton Spore, Spite, Scary Face, Sweet Kiss, Spikes, Lock-On, Charm, Swagger, Mean Look, Attract, Encore, Sweet Scent, Torment, Flatter, Will-O-Wisp, Memento, Taunt, Helping Hand, Trick, Role Play, Yawn, Skill Swap, Feather Dance, Fake Tears, Metal Sound, Tickle, Block, Healing Wish, Acupressure, Power Trick, Gastro Acid, Copycat, Power Swap, Worry Seed, Toxic Spikes, Heart Swap, Switcheroo, Stealth Rock, Guard Split, Power Split, Soak, Simple Beam, Entrainment, After You, Heal Pulse, Quash, Reflect Type, Sticky Web, Parting Shot, Fairy Lock, Play Nice, Confide, Aromatic Mist, Eerie Impulse, Hold Hands, Baby-Doll Eyes, Strength Sap, Speed Swap, Instruct, Tearful Look, Tar Shot, Magic Powder, Teatime, Court Change, Life Dew, Corrosive Gas, Coaching, Power Shift, Spicy Extract, Revival Blessing, Salt Cure
Unknown_59Guillotine, Mega Kick, Horn Drill, Sing, Blizzard, Poison Powder, Stun Spore, Sleep Powder, Thunder, Hypnosis, Smog, Sweet Kiss, Zap Cannon, Dynamic Punch, Iron Tail, Sheer Cold, Dragon Rush, Focus Blast, Magma Storm, Inferno, Hurricane, Bleakwind Storm, Wildbolt Storm, Sandsear Storm

Unknown_57 has GOT to be the Good As Gold list right? And Unknown_56 is the Heal flag but with no Draining moves listed.
Maybe they wanted with Flag 56 a list of moves that outright fail under heal block?

If it's like Wurmple where it's based on the encryption constant, then you can't affect the evolution result in any way. It's decided when the pokemon is created.
Technically it would be when it's transferred to Bank for the first time, since encryption constants don't exist prior to gen 6 and Bank has no reason to make sure the Dunsparce's encryption constant is anything but random for a Pokémon that isn't Wurmple or Spinda. So you could theoretically clone the Dunsparce a shitton of times prior to sending it to Bank and each copy should have it's own chance to be a three-segment.
wait the games are out?
In Australia and some parts of Asia, otherwise no.

someone in I think the mechanics thread tested salt cure on gholdengo and it still worked so I dont think 57 is Good As Gold

Edit: They mentioned this was in handheld mode and docked there's less issues but they do still exist and shouldn't. It also turns out one of the reasons why this might be is Gamefreak trying to render the ENTIRE open world at the same time instead of in portions.
I'd wait for someone reputable to corroborate this before taking it with any ounce of seriousness. I still remember the claims that Sun and Moon encrypted and decrypted 100 times every battle and that there were like 3-4 models per Dynamax in Sword and Shield that ended up being entirely wrong.

59 there is interesting to me since they're all low accuracy moves

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 29)