Pokémon Scizor

Status
Not open for further replies.
What EV's are optimal for a Defog Scizor? I assume some HP and Special Defence investments, but I'm not too sure where to start.

Maybe I should make a random team with Scizor to see who else besides fire types switch into him and who I end up trying to pursuit trap, etc. and start my calcs from there.

On the choice band set pursuit is much for surperior than quick attack. Quick attack does not take care of any mons scizor is weak too and bp is STAB while haveing all the properties of quick attack. Pursuit however, lets you trap mons like latias and latios if it doesnt carry hp fire. Pursuit can also trap aegislash.Bug bite might also be a good option for resto chesto rotoms that get switched in to check scizor.superpower was always a must have for cb scizor. its a strong fighting type move that u can use to beat all t tars. U turn is a must too cause u turn from a scizor is the strongest u turn in ou and it gives u innecetive :]

I'm interested in this as well, what other moves do you have on your Scizor?
I'm not too sure on the moveset either.I figure Roost for recovery, Bullet Punch as STAB and priority, and the last slot is what I'm stuck on. U Turn, Bug Bite, and Knock Off all seem to be pretty good options here.

What EV's are optimal for a Defog Scizor? I assume some HP and Special Defence investments, but I'm not too sure where to start.
This is the standard Defog Scizor set:

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch/Knock Off
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Max Physical Defensive as it's typing is better geared for taking Physical Hits, U-Turn to provide momentum for your team, Bullet Punch for a reasonably powerful (base 150 Atk hurts even uninvested) Priority move or Knock Off to not be walled by Aegislash.

Superpower is an option in the first slot if Bisharp is giving you a lot of trouble as it can easily take it's Knock Offs and OHKO it with Superpower.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Light Metal (Technician)
Adamant / Careful
- Roost
- U-Turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit / Knock Off

I want to run a set like this, but what is an optimal nature + EV spread? I would greatly appreciate it if someone could run calcs on Scizor to see how much offense it needs to pursuit trap certain pokes and how much Def / SpD it needs to wall other pokes. I have no experience using Scizor myself, so that's why I ask.
Honestly Pursuit trapping is better left to Choice Band Scizor as it packs significantly more power, even max Attack Adamant Mega Scizor doesn't garantee a pursuit kill after rocks:

252+ Atk Mega Scizor Pursuit (80 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latias: 234-276 (77.4 - 91.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Whereas CB Scizor almost garantees the OHKO without Latias switching out:

252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Pursuit vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latias: 236-278 (78.1 - 92%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Scizor Pursuit (80 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latias: 314-370 (103.9 - 122.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Knock Off is definitely a viable option on Mega Scizor though, although I wouldn't run a 3 attack + Roost set but rather 3 attacks + SD (fast sweeper) or 2 attacks + Roost + SD (bulky sweeper).

I know this is risking it but I went with Defog, U-Turn, Roost, and Bullet Punch. 252 Health and 252 Attack is the EV spread. I decided this because I basically want Scizor for the Fairy recovery and it was recommended by a friend. I'll let you guys know how it is.

Having better natural Physical Bulk than Skarmory (65/140 vs 70/140), I would personally invest in Special Defense on Defog Mega-Scizor, as you can take physical attacks pretty well even uninvested. You coul try something like 252 HP 252 SDef 4 Atk with a Careful nature (+SDef -SpAtk) with BP, U-turn, Roost and Defog. Ofc you coul also go with full physical investment, what betters suits your team needs.

My current scizor moveslot is mega scizor with techician sword dance, knock off, roost, and bullet punch, with 248 ev hp investment 136 ev def investment 104 special defense ev investment and 20 speed ev investment. As of right now i like the spread but i may switch the 20 speed ev to attack just to give it a bigger punch because the 20 speed ev hasn't proven to be useful when trying to outspeed things since I have priority bullet punch

My set is like this & I find it surprisingly useful:
Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
Adamant, 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Sp. Def
- Bullet Punch
- Aerial Ace
- X-Scissor
- Swords Dance

I don't know why I chose Aerial Ace, but I find it really good when I need it.

I think 248 HP, 8 Attack and 252 Defense/Special Defense works really great for Defog Scizor, Adamant is still the preferred nature because even with an ininvested attack stat Scizor can hit really hard, Roost, Bullet Punch, U-Turn and Defog is what I run and I think it's the most effective set, either Leftovers or Scizorite can be used depending on whether your mega slot is taken by something else or not, I've even seen some people run Rocky helmet but for normal Scizor the passive recovery is more useful, but not necessary as it has Roost.

My set is like this & I find it surprisingly useful:
Scizor @ Scizorite
Adamant, 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Sp. Def
- Bullet Punch
- Aerial Ace
- X-Scissor
- Swords Dance

I don't know why I chose Aerial Ace, but I find it really good when I need it.
Why are you using X-Scissor over Bug Bite? Bug Bite has a higher base power factoring in the Technician boost.

You have to consider the possibility of a player choosing one move over the other due to in-game preferences, although it is not of much relevance to the battle simulator.

I think people are really underestimating how good CB Scizor is this gen. Without permarain and when Genesect was active it was kinda left to the side but it's actually just an outstanding pivot with a U-turn that hits really hard. Plus it just has one weakness, helping its status as a pivot.

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- U-Turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit / Knock Off
- Superpower

Relevant calcs:

252+ Atk Choice Band Scizor U-turn vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 178-211 (58.5 - 69.4%)
252+ Atk Choice Band Scizor U-turn vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Deoxys-D: 252-296 (82.8 - 97.3%)

Not to mention it's a fuckin good trapper
252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Pursuit vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 260-306 (86 - 101.3%)
252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Pursuit vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Deoxys-S: 236-278 (77.6 - 91.4%)

When you add in the added benefits of being able to take on Fairy-types it opens things up for teammates like WP Dragonite and SD Haxorus

I'm interested in this as well, what other moves do you have on your Scizor?
Try a max HP + Def set...
- Defog
- U-Turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Defog for defog, roost for recovery, u-turn for slow momentum and bpunch for STAB technician.

Good set, just don't be staying in on obvious special hits.

Well, I'LL BE DAMMED!!! Why can it even know this move?... Weird.
Yeah it's a very good user of it. Majorly bulky, not weak to SR, access to reliable recovery AND poses a serious offensive threat.

I would like to know though - has anyone had much success with Defog on regular Scizor, as opposed to the mega? Would be nice to know any good sets that don't gobble up a Mega spot.

hey ive got a question needing answering. what happens when you want to use the more bulky sets for scizor (mega) but you dont have perfect iv for HP?

so the story is i just got a good ass scyther (scizor) via wonder trade. adament nature and technician all the way. however it has perfect ivs for all the stats but HP. since all of you are suggesting defog mega scizor or swords dance set or roost set for scizor, what should i do in this predicament? ill get to work on just doing 252 atk/252 speed just to kick-start it, but ill have a reset bag at hand when i get a reply to this. i apprishiate the help.

hey ive got a question needing answering. what happens when you want to use the more bulky sets for scizor (mega) but you dont have perfect iv for HP?

so the story is i just got a good ass scyther (scizor) via wonder trade. adament nature and technician all the way. however it has perfect ivs for all the stats but HP. since all of you are suggesting defog mega scizor or swords dance set or roost set for scizor, what should i do in this predicament? ill get to work on just doing 252 atk/252 speed just to kick-start it, but ill have a reset bag at hand when i get a reply to this. i apprishiate the help.
That kinda depends on what the actual HP IV is. A difference of 1 or 2 might not mean much.

With that said, I'd say you're better off using it for an offensive set and breeding for another Scizor with perfect HP if you insist on optimizing. Also, I don't recommend full Speed investment for Scizor, considering he sits at a rather low speed tier. Rather, find what threats you might need him to outspeed (certain walls or other slow attackers) and get his speed just above, then dump the rest into HP for a bit more bulk.

Since mega Scizor has better physical bulk than Skarmory(and no electric weakness) then wouldn't why not use it as a physical wall? It has Roost for recovery, and great defensive typing.

Since mega Scizor has better physical bulk than Skarmory(and no electric weakness) then wouldn't why not use it as a physical wall? It has Roost for recovery, and great defensive typing.
Skarmory has better support movepool (consisting of Whirlwind, Taunt, Stealth Rocks and Spikes), can hold leftovers, has a typing that is more suited to taking physical hits (ground immunity), does not take a mega slot and walls Pinsir which is always one of the biggest perks of using Skarmory.
Mega Scizor is better off as a stand alone bulky sweeper. It can set up on a ridiculous amount of Pokemon and is bulky enough to set up multiple boosts. It has good coverage in BP and Knock Off and BP also allows it to bypass its low speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)