Scizor

Who doesn't run the usual 248 HP / 252 Atk spread for CB Scizor? Personally I feel that without reliable recovery you'd have to use the Ubers Scizor with some Atk EVs diverted to Special Defence so it can tank Dragon-type attacks a helluva lot better...
The thing is, if you do that, you might as well not even use Scizor.

I made this point in the OP. If you arent going to use scizor for that CB set, then your better off using different pokemon for what your trying to make scizor do.

Take your example: Tanking Dragon hits....I could name a bunch of pokemon better at doing this.

Well, Scizor is great at tanking Dragon hits because he could hit back really hard.. Though these days, you are indeed much better off using Ferrothorn or Escavalier to do that job because they take hits better, and can hit back almost just as hard.

Nothing does the CB Scout/Priority set better than Scizor.

Scizor does do the bulky booster role well enough to warrant using it. But even then I just prefer the raw, up front power of the CB set myself.

Well, Scizor is great at tanking Dragon hits because he could hit back really hard.. Though these days, you are indeed much better off using Ferrothorn or Escavalier to do that job because they take hits better, and can hit back almost just as hard.

Nothing does the CB Scout/Priority set better than Scizor.

Scizor does do the bulky booster role well enough to warrant using it. But even then I just prefer the raw, up front power of the CB set myself.
Bulky booster is outclassed too I'm afraid. See scrafty, toxicroak, jirachi, etc...

Someone made the point a while ago: Bullet Punch doesn't hit for SE or Neutral damage on as much as you would want it too in this Gen, neutering Scizor quite a bit. Thus, Scizor is much better being hit and run, with that awesome CB U-Turn, with CB BP as a threat....

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
On a physical set scizor should run night slash instead of bug bite (unless it's a choice set) to discourage chandelure and jellicent from switching into you. Don't get me wrong, it has a great STAB move in bug bite, but brick break or superpower gives you better coverage.

Bulky booster is outclassed too I'm afraid. See scrafty, toxicroak, jirachi, etc...
So what? Team synergy is way more important than just throwing in the best at individual roles.

Since Scizor has lots of resistances to switch into for his team mates, I'd say he's far from being outclassed by any of the above.

So what? Team synergy is way more important than just throwing in the best at individual roles.

Since Scizor has lots of resistances to switch into for his team mates, I'd say he's far from being outclassed by any of the above.
Ok so lets talk Steel-Type Bulky boosters. Here are the better ones:

Jirachi
Bisharp
Curse Ferrothorn

So, again, use Scizor for what he is best at, NOT for what other pokemon can do better.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Ok so lets talk Steel-Type Bulky boosters. Here are the better ones:

Jirachi
Bisharp
Curse Ferrothorn

So, again, use Scizor for what he is best at, NOT for what other pokemon can do better.
Jirachis CM Sets are hard to use with all those excadrills and Landlos running amok and it is also a special attacker wich makes scizor and jirachi hard to compare to begin with.
Bisharp is hardly viable in OU and isn't bulky.
Curse Ferrothorn is OK but can't hurt other Ferrothorns not too mention that it doesn't gets priority so everything faster with HP Fire will fuck you up.

Scizors SD is is extremely viable he got a shit load of resistances, Priority to negate its slow speed, reliable recovery and can set up on Ferrothorn without worring (he may get paralysed but he is slow from the start and Bulletpunch bypasses speed anyway) and thats big because this things is extremely common.

Saying that somethings not viable, because something else can maybe do it better is stupid. Sure maybe Ferrothorn is the best spiker in the current metagame but that doesn't means Forretress, Skamory and Deo-S aren't viable because they all serve different niches.
Scizors niche is his fantastic typing that helps him to get set-up opportunitys , a Powerful Priority move and a high attack stat to begin with.

I think the fact Scizor can fill a lot of these roles all at once is a big part of why he is so great. If anything the biggest problem is relying on Scizor to do too much, which can suck if he gets taken down prematurely.

I run Roost on a CB set, sounds retarded, but its nice to be able to switch into a Garchomp Outrage, Roost it off and leave him confused while you are on full HP.

What's a good set for an Adamant one with no Bug Bite? I have Bullet Punch, U-turn (X-Scissor?) and Swords Dance on it. Should I use brick break, and EV in Speed and Attack?

The thing is, if you do that, you might as well not even use Scizor.

I made this point in the OP. If you arent going to use scizor for that CB set, then your better off using different pokemon for what your trying to make scizor do.

Take your example: Tanking Dragon hits....I could name a bunch of pokemon better at doing this.
Who said it wasn't banded? CBZor with the Uber EVs works almost the same as normal Scizor and the power drop really isn't that much: you don't lose out on anything like Espeon and Gengar.

@Above: X-scissor>U-turn if you don't have Bug Bite. Brick Break is an okay option to catch Heatran on the switch but it's not good to run max speed since nothing important between near-minimum speed and max speed is worth outspeeding. Besides, Scizor needs the bulk.

I want my banded scizor to check tyranitar leads. How much speed should i run(to not get fire blasted in the face)? (currently max speed with adamant nature).

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Don't bother, you're always going to be at risk to get Fire Blasted in the face unless you run max Speed Jolly. Use the standard set, and let the opponent know you are a bad motherfucker who is not afraid of anything by Bullet Punching instead of U-turning. Dead Ttar, dumbfounded opponent. That'll learn 'im.

Bulky Scizor is probably now and forever for favourite mid-game scout. I understand the compulsion to lead with U-Turn and his strong typings But Hark! Illusion lets a certain dark type appear to be a certain Bug/Steel that hates a certain Fire/Ghost.

Both can Nightslash and this can lead to advantageous situations where can can get your Hazards set up in a balanced team or press the 1 down advantage in a hyperoffensive build.

And There is no amount of Speed for an Adamant natured Banded Scizor to go around checking TTar leads for FireBlast. Jolly would be the way to go but because of Scizor's speed tiering there isn't too much merrit I beleive in that investment for such a specific purpose.

Don't bother, you're always going to be at risk to get Fire Blasted in the face unless you run max Speed Jolly. Use the standard set, and let the opponent know you are a bad motherfucker who is not afraid of anything by Bullet Punching instead of U-turning. Dead Ttar, dumbfounded opponent. That'll learn 'im.
Right! I love the 5th gen meta.....in what other meta would Ttar more often NOT switch when faced with Scizor? lol, the rule in Gen 4 about scizor being wary about throwing around BP until you know they dont have a magnezone is totaly bunk in this meta now because of team preview.

So, dont be afriad of TTAR my children. Max Attack and Max HP all you want, and BP that rock dinosaur back to the sand grave it came from.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)