Playoffs Season 2 Championship [Won by Pokemon Professor]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys in the top 8 know the rules and are responsible. I have faith in you to complete this in a fair manner. So there is no need to post them here.

Round 1

(1) Veteran In Love vs (8) 0mastar
0-4 ADV, 5-0 GSC, 0-2 RBY

(4) Pokemon Professor vs (5) Devilkid
4-0 ADV, 5-0 GSC, 0-4 RBY

(3) goofball vs (6) Warthog
0-2 ADV, 0-4 GSC, N/A RBY

(2) pokemaniac15 vs (7) Giga Punch
4-0 ADV, 0-3 GSC, 4-0 RBY

Round 2

(8) 0mastar vs (4) Pokemon Professor
N/A ADV, 0-5 GSC, 0-3 RBY

(6) Warthog vs (2) pokemaniac15
0-1 ADV, N/A GSC, 0-2 RBY

Round 3

(4) Pokemon Professor vs (2) pokemaniac15
2-0 ADV, N/A GSC, 4-0 RBY

Veteran In Love vs 0mastar
VIL has the edge in RSFRLGE. While 0ma can RBY well, imo he's shabby with GSC.
Pokemon Professor vs Devilkid
DK has the RBY skills but either one of them can own in GSC or RSFRLGE imo.
goofball vs Warthog
Coin tossed for this one.
pokemaniac15 vs Giga Punch
Yeah.

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
RBY - 0mastar ; GSC - VIL ; ADV - VIL
RBY - Devilkid ; GSC - Pokemon Professor ; ADV - Pokemon Professor
RBY - Warthog ; GSC - goofball ; ADV - Warthog
RBY - p15 ; GSC - p15 ; ADV - Giga Punch

my predictions

zomg VIL is an awesome pokemoner
because of Devilkid im not in the Top 8, so go Bob
random pick
he is the better pokemon player tbh

vil vs 0ma is going to be a good match, i don't want to pick either of them they are both sexy...
go bob
go goof
last one is a toss up

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

RBY: VIL GSC: VIL ADV: 0mastar

RBY: PP GSC: PP ADV: Devilkid

RBY: goofball GSC: Warthog ADV: Warthog

RBY: p15 GSC: p15 ADV: Giga Punch

(1) Veteran In Love vs (8.) 0mastar

VIL is pretty much an allstar. His gripes about certain things I disagree with in GSC and ADV are compensated by his cool RBY teams.

Just my anti-Germany bias kicking in again.

This is probably coming down to RBY since goofball will most likely win GSC and Warthog will take Advance. Gambling goofball. Hardest pick so far.

p15 usually has a good overall streak/

some good matchups here in R1...

Cant go against the #1 seed and defending champ, but expect 0mastar to keep it close

I'm not really famiar with these two, going for DevilKid because he has a cooler username

This one could go either way, definately the best matchup so far

Giga will probably win ADV, but I think p15 has an edge in the earlier versions

Longshot finals prediction: Warthog over ViL

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Veteran In Love vs 0mastar

In general, it's not a smart move to bet against VIL when it comes to Pokemon; perennial favorite he will always be. I don't think this will make it to the third match...though good luck to 0mastar as well.

Pokemon Professor vs Devilkid

I'm just really unsure about both of these players...going with the German since Bob seems to be blessed with both skill and a lucky streak...which I despise.

goofball vs Warthog

I'm not even pretending to pick a winner here. Both are great guys and excellent pokemonners. Good luck to both.

pokemaniac15 vs Giga Punch

Giga Punch would not have made the top 8 without the insane amounts of luck he had this season. I'm not saying that he isn't skilled; he is. Be that as it may, GP is simply not of the caliber of p15.

RBY-0ma GSC-VIL ADV - VIL 0ma won't go down easily though
RBY - Dk GSC - PP ADV - PP I've seen Dk hax a lot so I don't know...
(3) goofball vs (6) Warthog - tough one to call
(2) pokemaniac15 vs (7) Giga Punch - more on bias as I know gp more...

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Justin8649 said:

VIL is an all-round guy in this and the winner of the last tour. Just can't bet against him.

Devilkid gets RBY while bob gets ADV and GSC.

(3) goofball
vs (6) Warthog

This will come down to RBY, goof gets GSC and Warthog gets ADV. Betting goofball for being Azn.

(2) pokemaniac15
vs (7) Giga Punch
GP has been awfully lucky this season and p15 is very good in all area's just going to go with p15.

Justin8649 said:
I wouldnt be suprised if VIL loses one match but I dont see him losing GSC and ADV. This round anyways.

Bob is awesome dont get me wrong but Im a little biased myself when it comes down to DK. Probably the best match up you will see imo.

Good luck goofball. IMO I expect a sweep from either he or I. Once one gets momentum,the one in the lead will take the other down.

Gigas luck doesnt end here as he takes RBY and ADV.
goof, what time would be best for you? Im good just about anytime of the week although I would like to do it midweek. And hopefully not when the Mavs and Heat play.. heh.

VIL, PP, Warthog, Giga Punch win this round. Then PP and Warthog go through, with PP winning in the final, by luck. (Unless they faced eachother in the last round, in which case Warthog pull a win because it's not the final, and meets VIL, where VIL wins)

meh it sucks to lose to a last turn CH after coming so far in the tour

gg Omastar and good luck to you and Warthog especially in the rest of the field. Guess I got full and lazy having already won the tour once.

I think it's time for a break from Netbattle with this loss, since I was only sticking around for the tour. My luck's been on the downhill for a while now, I've lost motivation to play over the months and I think it's time to pass the torch and let the young guns take over.

gg VIL, pity the whole thing ended up being decided by a CH.

In case the scores and stuff are needed;

RBY - 2-0, me
GSC - 0-5, VIL
ADV - 4-0, me

I had a gut feeling 0ma would come out of that matchup with a win... and I don't know why, either...

Anyways, for the rest of the matchups:

Pokemon Professor over Devilkid
Warthog over goofball (this one was hardest)
p15 over Giga Punch

Edit: Sorry, forgot to say to VIL, it was an awesome run man; you don't know me but it was awesome for me to see you dominate this game for so long. I hope you come back soon.

Veteran In Love said:
meh it sucks to lose to a last turn CH after coming so far in the tour

gg Omastar and good luck to you and Warthog especially in the rest of the field. Guess I got full and lazy having already won the tour once.

I think it's time for a break from Netbattle with this loss, since I was only sticking around for the tour. My luck's been on the downhill for a while now, I've lost motivation to play over the months and I think it's time to pass the torch and let the young guns take over.
Peace VIL you were truly The best...

IMO VIL either has bad luck...or he's rusty now. Or both. Noone made a right prediction there...

wel gj on beating VIL 0ma :o Maybe now VIL won't rape the next PR Bowl.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lates Vil, I will miss talking strat with you bud. You are still a pokelegend :p

and 'grats 0ma ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)