ORAS UU Secret Base

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Introduction

This was supposed to be my 500th post RMT but I got extremely lazy and decided to not post this then. Now, after countless hours playing Fallout 4 I've finally decided to get off my ass and post this RMT. I mainly wanted to get this up before new drops coming during the weekend because if the speculation is correct, the team will probably be pretty useless for that metagame. The team title is the ending song of a really nice anime I've watched recently and deserves more recognition. The team itself hasn't really done anything special regarding ladder peaks and whatnot due to how bad I am as a player though.

Teambuilding Process

Started with Mega Sceptile as the basis of the team. Mega Sceptile's a Mega I've been wanting to build around for a while, and it's been rising in popularity a bit lately, as well as rising in viability at the time.

Sceptile's really fast, making the only things capable of revenge killing it priority users, Choice Scarf users, Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Beedrill, opposing Mega Sceptile, and special walls like Florges. Slurpuff takes advantage of most of the Choice Scarf users in the tier (it's mostly insurance considering Choice Scarf users are on the decline atm), and can also setup against the likes of Florges. Mega Sceptile also helps weaken things Slurpuff has trouble against like Forretress.

At this point the team has some problems against Beedrill and Aerodactyl so I wanted some form of priority to be able to deter them. Feraligatr provides that while also being able to help ease the matchup against bulkier playstyles, as well as being able to help against strong Fire-types like Chandelure, Darmanitan and Entei. Feraligatr also helps against bulky Psychic-types by virtue of its powerful Crunch.

I didn't want this team to be reliant on a bulkier Stealth Rock setter and have hazard removal so I went for a dedicated suicide lead instead. Azelf is chosen here due to its consistency as a hazard lead.

At this point I wanted a fast Pokemon that allowed me to deal with Mamoswine slightly better and not have to completely bank on Feraligatr. Cobalion also helped me deal with Normal-type attacks like Entei's ExtremeSpeed. Cobalion also provides a good check for physical Lucario, Sharpedo, and a secondary Mega Aerodactyl check which could prove issues to the team.

Lastly, I wanted a secondary check for Suicune, something that let me switch into Fighting-type attacks that wasn't Slurpuff, a Flying-type resist, something solid for bulky Steel-types like Mega Aggron and Mega Steelix, and if possible I didn't want it to be a liability against Entei (i.e giving it a free Sacred Fire). Zapdos fit the bill here.

In-Depth

Sceptile-Mega @

Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Energy Ball
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Mega Sceptile's a pretty strong Mega currently, having an impressive Speed tier and base Special Attack. It's ability after Mega Evolving also gives it an immunity to Electric-type attacks, allowing teams to make Ground-types less of a necessity to deter the common VoltTurn teams. This is my team's main fastest attacker (disregarding Slurpuff after a boost) and is usually my preferred way of revenge killing since getting Sceptile to Mega Evolve is quite important in most games due to the Speed tier difference and the Electric immunity. In terms of using Mega Sceptile, I'd only Leaf Storm when there isn't something threatening that can take advantage of a Mega Sceptile at 0.5x Special Attack, and just be generally conservative in regards to nuking. Energy Ball is extremely consistent and usually does enough damage most times against targets you'd want to hit with a Leaf Storm anyway or put targets into Leaf Storm range. Overall Mega Sceptile's just a pretty strong special attacker that's pretty fun to play with due to its power, Speed, and unique STAB combination.

Other Options:
  • Timid nature - I've had times where having the extra Speed could have come in handy but honestly overall I personally prefer Modest here.
  • Substitute - it's a decent option on most teams due to being able to hit a lot of priority users like Mamoswine that attempt to revenge kill you but honestly speaking, nuking > Substitute here, especially with the lack of Giga Drain.
  • Giga Drain - helps with longevity, which the team can have issues with, but I personally much prefer the power provided from Energy Ball here. Giga Drain's good if you go Timid though.
-----------

Slurpuff @

Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Return
- Drain Punch

Just standard Slurpuff, one of the most threatening sweepers in the current metagame in terms of how much pressure it puts on the opponent and its sweeping potential most games. Slurpuff can either be extremely useful, or extremely useless depending on the team matchup. Be sure to keep in mind Slurpuff's value not only as an extremely threatening setup sweeper but as an offensive presence that pressures the opponent to constantly switch into their counter and not allow their Choice-locked Pokemon to lock themselves into a free setup opportunity.

Other Options:
  • Flamethrower - this is something cool I've seen being mentioned in passing that can OHKO Forretress and does a bit to Doublade but not much aside from that honestly and I don't feel it's worth giving up a separate coverage move for.
  • Heal Bell - another cool thing that prevents Pokemon like Cresselia and Alomomola that rely on status to be able to prevent Slurpuff from being an issue, I don't think it fits anywhere here though but a cool option nonetheless.
-----------

Feraligatr @

Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall

This is the team's main wallbreaker, doing good damage against most walls in the tier, especially after a boost or two. This is a Swords Dance variant to be able to do said purpose and being able to fit Aqua Jet onto the set is a bonus. Feraligatr's just a generally very strong physically offensive presence and the Life Orb + Sheer Force combo backed by an Adamant nature just packs a punch, even on moves that aren't STAB. Generally, this isn't meant to sweep the opponent but rather to break the opponent's team down to where one of the team's sweepers or Mega Sceptile is able to clean, so don't be afraid to setup despite being unable to sweep, as more often than not a free setup opportunity leads to something getting weakened at the least.

Other Options:
  • Dragon Dance - not a fan of Dragon Dance on this team considering Feraligatr's main purpose on this team but you can try it if you prefer having yet another setup sweeper for insurance.
  • Ice Punch - Swords Dance + Ice Punch is something that's pretty unexplored and honestly it could probably do a lot of work against defensively minded teams that rely on Chesnaught and Tangrowth to be able to check this threat, but it can't really fit on this team due to the need to have Aqua Jet.
  • Jolly nature - only really helps against opposing Feraligatr and I don't think the power loss is worth that whatsoever.
-----------

Azelf @

Ability: Levitate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Explosion
- Taunt

Arguably the most consistent lead in the tier. You lead with this 99% of the time, and the only time you don't lead with this is when Stealth Rock is a necessity against a team with an Absol lead. Generally getting Stealth Rock up is your first priority despite whatever is in front of you, although this changes against specific matchups. For example, against Mega Absol you'd generally use Explosion straight away, while against Galvantula you'd Taunt turn 1, and against Cloyster you'd Taunt as well.

Other Options:
  • Fire Blast / Flamethrower - I used to have this but I found it unnecessary considering I have more than enough for Steel-types with Zapdos and I didn't have Knock Off prior so having the utility was nice.
  • Life Orb set - Three attacks Stealth Rock is another nice Azelf set that can work as a lead with more offensive presence over time but I prefer being able to consistently being able to setup Stealth Rock without worry, and the utility provided by Taunt is very nice as well.
  • Forretress - Custap Forretress is a nice lead that prioritizes being able to remove Stealth Rock instead of preventing it, but is more liable to Taunt, and the team isn't too weak to Stealth Rock. It's worth a try though to see which one you prefer using, and I recommend using Earthquake should you use lead Forretress on this team.
  • Archeops - DMT Archeops is an interesting option for a lead on HO that can theoretically prevent every other lead from being able to do their job efficiently so it's an option, but it can prove quite inconsistent.
-----------

Cobalion @

Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head

One of the most splashable Pokemon in the tier right now, and for good reason. Cobalion is a very nice glue that helps deal with a good number of threats with its resistances and physical bulk while also being a decent sweeper with Swords Dance. I chose a Stone Edge variant to ensure I could lure in Chandelure, which is a threat to the team, and remove the likes of Zapdos without it becoming too big of an issue. Cobalion mainly helps against the likes of Umbreon and Mamoswine, which prove to be troublesome otherwise.

Other Options:
  • Air Balloon - allows Cobalion to act as a safer switch-in for the likes of Mamoswine, Krookodile, and Nidoqueen, at least initially, but doesn't do much after getting hit.
  • Chople Berry - helps against Scarf Mienshao which can prove to be an issue if Slurpuff and Zapdos are slightly low.
  • Magnet Rise - trades the ability to hit the likes of Zapdos and Chandelure for the ability to turn a lot of Ground-types into setup fodder.
  • Substitute - allows Cobalion to setup against the likes of Porygon2 without fear of being statused, but trades this luxury for the ability to hit Chandelure and Zapdos.
  • Lum Berry - trades the ability to switch into the likes of Mamoswine with less fear for the ability to setup against the likes of Cresselia and Porygon2 while retaining Stone Edge.
-----------

Zapdos @

Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Roost

The newest addition to the UU tier. Life Orb Zapdos is a pretty threatening special attacker thanks to its great 125 SpA and honestly speaking, this thing has won me games before. Being an Electric-type with solid recovery and decent bulk, it separates itself from other viable Electric-types in the tier by being a solid switch into Flying-type attacks and is able to consistently do so due to its superior bulk and longevity. Heat Wave gives good coverage and HP Grass is there to be able to smack Ground-types like Mamoswine and Swampert.

Other Options:
  • Choice Specs / Choice Scarf - Choice sets are pretty interesting but they give up the longevity for being able to act as a pivot, which puts it in direct competition with other Electric-types and isn't really required for this team.
  • Hidden Power Ice - While Hidden Power Grass is nice to be able to remove the likes of Swampert and Mamoswine (after a bit of damage), some may prefer having HP Ice to hit Dragon-types for super effective damage.
: Slurpuff is a huge threat, as I have no immediate counters, but it's usually unable to setup, but that changes with Memento support, so if you happen to see Slurpuff + Memento user, ensure Azelf's sash is intact, no matter what.

: Sticky Web is a huge threat to most hyper offensive teams, and my team is no different. Luckily, non-Galvantula Sticky Web is rare on the ladder (for whatever reason) so you're usually able to Taunt it with Azelf to prevent calamity. I have lost to Choice Scarf Galvantula though so yeah...fuck ladder.

Chokes: Yeah choking is bad, you fucking lose if you do this.

Hax: There's nothing that fucks over this team more than this threat. Unfortunately though, I'm unsure of any fixes to the team that could make this threat any less of an issue, shame.

Bad players: Um, getting fucked over by unorthodox sets in low ladder is fun, nothing more to say.

: Can be very threatening due to my lack of actual switch-ins but is lured by Cobalion, and non-Scarf sets can be dealt with while Scarf sets are revenge killed by Feraligatr.

: Cobalion tends to prevent Snorlax from being able to do anything too threatening, but it's still a threat nonetheless due to how it can paralyze Cobalion thus making Cobalion susceptible to a number of other threatening Pokemon.

: It can get messy if this manages to setup with Sceptile not Mega Evolved, making Mega Evolving Sceptile as early as possible a priority to ensure this doesn't get out of hand.

: Can be dealt with by predictions, Feraligatr and Cobalion, but is a threat nonetheless because it can revenge kill a lot and breaks the whole team.

: Due to my lack of Fairy-resists, this can be a potential issue but generally, it's dealt with by wearing it down with Stealth Rock + attempting to cover Feraligatr / Mega Sceptile.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-299440966 - Feraligatr cleaning semi-stall

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-298262458 - Fun game against DaSpoofy

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-297207706 - Another fun match, this time against Sacri

Not too many replays because I'm bad and choke a lot so yeah.

Eyan - Bad player, counter-teams this hard so watch out for him. Also known to have an actual fucking harem.

NV - Really enjoy looking at your teams daily to tell you exactly what 6-0s it (there's always something that does).

Cyndequil. - Fellow weeb, manages to find nice avatars so shoutouts, needs to change his main account name on PS because it's cancer.

Yifeng - Shoutouts for being able to freely talk about a lot of random shit lmao, the luckiest player alive though.

Arifeen - Bad player, worse teams, asked for a shoutout cos he's bad, sigh.

Lazy for anything else so zzz. If you deserve a shoutout, you know who you are.

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor
Hello Kreme I am really liking your team, and I think Sceptile-Mega is very underappreciated. Your use of so many common threats on HO makes this team very hard to break down, and I feel like it puts LOTS of offensive pressure on the field. However, I am going to suggest some changes, to make your team better, as it looks like it has SOME weaknesses =). Lets begin!

The first suggestion I am going to say is
Darmanitan>Coballion
I really think your fairy weakness is very bad for your team, as Hyper Offensive can be countered by many fairy types. Coballion can take care of them with iron head, but it cant switch into some of the attacks real well without being worn down. Darmanitan fufills a better role by resisting fairy and ice, which your team also had a little weakness to. It also can switch into fire type attacks, which your team was ALSO weak too, as your team does not like taking sacred fires, not even Feraligatr. Darmanitan takes care of many of your counters as well, including Whimsicott, Slurpuff, and the sticky web leads. Darmanitan also forms a nice solid Fire/Water/Grass core with Mega-Sceptile and Feraligatr, and they all work VERY well together. Darmanitan also provides some momentum grabbing on your team, as your HO had no volt-switch, u-turn, or baton pass, so I felt like Darmanitan was needed for this. Choice Band Darmanitan is also VERY hard to switch into, and it can take out chandelure with a rock slide, or predict the switch to it, and u-turn out for some grabbed momentum.

Darmanitan @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Next up, I am going to suggest another change for one of your other mons, Zapdos. Zapdos now doesnt fit the best on your team, and cant really switch into a mamo's icicle crash, and then cant live an ice-shard after. Zapdos also doesnt hit anything too important now since you have Darmanitan, and this also makes your team weak to rocks. This is why I am going to suggest
Empoleon>Zapdos
Empoleon gives you a nice bulkier mon that can at least switch into some hits. Empoleon also gives you a crucial 4x ice resist, and can also switch into fairy type attacks. Empoleon also fits the bill as a flying switch in, and completes your Dragon-Fairy-Steel core with Mega-Sceptile and Slurpuff. Shuca Berry empoleon can also revenge kill mamoswine, and provides your bulky water, which I feel almost every team should have a water type that has some good natural bulk. Empoleon also resists rock type moves, which your team was weak too, and resists stealth rocks, and can defog them away. Empoleon also allows you to sort of counter Chandelure, and wall Whimsicott as well. Empoleon also provides some grass coverage, which Zapdos had, but grass knot hits a lot harder, especially against Mamoswine or Swampert. Ice coverage is also appreciates for your team, for some threatening dragons like Salamence, Hydreigon, and Haxorus. Not to mention Empoleon can wall Feraligatrs move bar Crunch, but then hit it back with a grass knot. Empoleon can also switch into Entei's extreme speed and snorlax's body slam. I think this would make a great addition to your team, nd is one of the BEST partners for Mega-Sceptile. =)

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

I really hope you liked my suggestions for your team! This is 2nd official team rate and I hope you enjoyed reading it! I hope you maybe try these changes, and I hope they work out for the best! =)

Last edited:

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Sceptile Steel-type Water-type Fairy-type Zapdos

I feel like this is going to be a trend

Especially Steel/Water/Fairy

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello Kreme I am really liking your team, and I think Sceptile-Mega is very underappreciated. Your use of so many common threats on HO makes this team very hard to break down, and I feel like it puts LOTS of offensive pressure on the field. However, I am going to suggest some changes, to make your team better, as it looks like it has SOME weaknesses =). Lets begin!

The first suggestion I am going to say is
Darmanitan>Coballion
I really think your fairy weakness is very bad for your team, as Hyper Offensive can be countered by many fairy types. Coballion can take care of them with iron head, but it cant switch into some of the attacks real well without being worn down. Darmanitan fufills a better role by resisting fairy and ice, which your team also had a little weakness to. It also can switch into fire type attacks, which your team was ALSO weak too, as your team does not like taking sacred fires, not even Feraligatr. Darmanitan takes care of many of your counters as well, including Whimsicott, Slurpuff, and the sticky web leads. Darmanitan also forms a nice solid Fire/Water/Grass core with Mega-Sceptile and Feraligatr, and they all work VERY well together. Darmanitan also provides some momentum grabbing on your team, as your HO had no volt-switch, u-turn, or baton pass, so I felt like Darmanitan was needed for this. Choice Band Darmanitan is also VERY hard to switch into, and it can take out chandelure with a rock slide, or predict the switch to it, and u-turn out for some grabbed momentum.

Darmanitan @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Next up, I am going to suggest another change for one of your other mons, Zapdos. Zapdos now doesnt fit the best on your team, and cant really switch into a mamo's icicle crash, and then cant live an ice-shard after. Zapdos also doesnt hit anything too important now since you have Darmanitan, and this also makes your team weak to rocks. This is why I am going to suggest
Empoleon>Zapdos
Empoleon gives you a nice bulkier mon that can at least switch into some hits. Empoleon also gives you a crucial 4x ice resist, and can also switch into fairy type attacks. Empoleon also fits the bill as a flying switch in, and completes your Dragon-Fairy-Steel core with Mega-Sceptile and Slurpuff. Shuca Berry empoleon can also revenge kill mamoswine, and provides your bulky water, which I feel almost every team should have a water type that has some good natural bulk. Empoleon also resists rock type moves, which your team was weak too, and resists stealth rocks, and can defog them away. Empoleon also allows you to sort of counter Chandelure, and wall Whimsicott as well. Empoleon also provides some grass coverage, which Zapdos had, but grass knot hits a lot harder, especially against Mamoswine or Swampert. Ice coverage is also appreciates for your team, for some threatening dragons like Salamence, Hydreigon, and Haxorus. Not to mention Empoleon can wall Feraligatrs move bar Crunch, but then hit it back with a grass knot. I think this would make a great addition to your team, nd is one of the BEST partners for Mega-Sceptile. =)

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

I really hope you liked my suggestions for your team! This is 2nd official team rate and I hope you enjoyed reading it! I hope you maybe try these changes, and I hope they work out for the best! =)
Thanks for the rate, but while Darmanitan sounds like a good idea, as it is a Fairy-type resist and it provides momentum via U-turn, with regards to being a switch for Fairy-types, I feel like it's somewhat worse considering it's taking a lot more from Stealth Rock, which my team cannot remove. While you're correct in that Entei can be threatening due to nothing wanting to really switch into Sacred Fire, Darmanitan doesn't really do anything to help this, and if anything, it makes this worse, as Cobalion could at least come in on ExtremeSpeed and Stone Edge. Cobalion also helped with Lucario and Sharpedo, which become very real threats with its removal. Removing Cobalion also removes a lot of the Speed the team appreciated. With regards to Fairy-types, the only two that are really going to be affected by this are Florges and Whimsicott, the former is dealt with by either being pressured into constantly recovering or it'll end up not being able to check Sceptile and Zapdos, while the latter usually ends up getting very weakened by trying to stop the likes of Mega Sceptile, Feraligatr and Slurpuff from doing damage so they're manageable.

Regarding the second change, having a Defog user on a team that has a suicide lead is very counterproductive. I realize it's there to remove Stealth Rock for Darmanitan but honestly the team was basically built with the idea of not being too Rocks weak in mind, as I didn't want to try to squeeze in a form of entry hazard removal. While Empoleon doesn't really help against Chandelure anymore than the previous members did, since it's not taking anything repeatedly and relies on being healthy to check Chandelure. Empoleon is also a free Sacred Fire for Entei, which I've mostly avoided due to the other members pressuring it not to do so. Getting rid of Zapdos also means getting rid of my only Ground-type immunity for a Pokemon that's weak to Ground, making Ground-types much more of an issue than they should be. While you're correct in that Zapdos isn't going to be dealing with Mamoswine well, it isn't supposed to. Zapdos is there to ensure the team isn't worn down easily by Krookodile / Nidoqueen spamming Ground-STAB. Zapdos was also my only Fighting-type resist that wasn't Slurpuff, so removing it makes the team much weaker to Fighting-types, especially Cobalion. Empoleon doesn't really help with Feraligatr either considering it's got to be healthy to help deal with it and it's also got a lot of other things it tries to check.

I hope you don't take this negatively though, I appreciate the effort you took to rate my team but overall I honestly feel like it wouldn't make the team better but rather worse. P.S: Stuff regarding Zapdos like only Ground-immunity is taking into account that Azelf is a suicide lead so it's not going to contribute to anything defensively.

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor
Thanks for the rate, but while Darmanitan sounds like a good idea, as it is a Fairy-type resist and it provides momentum via U-turn, with regards to being a switch for Fairy-types, I feel like it's somewhat worse considering it's taking a lot more from Stealth Rock, which my team cannot remove. While you're correct in that Entei can be threatening due to nothing wanting to really switch into Sacred Fire, Darmanitan doesn't really do anything to help this, and if anything, it makes this worse, as Cobalion could at least come in on ExtremeSpeed and Stone Edge. Cobalion also helped with Lucario and Sharpedo, which become very real threats with its removal. Removing Cobalion also removes a lot of the Speed the team appreciated. With regards to Fairy-types, the only two that are really going to be affected by this are Florges and Whimsicott, the former is dealt with by either being pressured into constantly recovering or it'll end up not being able to check Sceptile and Zapdos, while the latter usually ends up getting very weakened by trying to stop the likes of Mega Sceptile, Feraligatr and Slurpuff from doing damage so they're manageable.

Regarding the second change, having a Defog user on a team that has a suicide lead is very counterproductive. I realize it's there to remove Stealth Rock for Darmanitan but honestly the team was basically built with the idea of not being too Rocks weak in mind, as I didn't want to try to squeeze in a form of entry hazard removal. While Empoleon doesn't really help against Chandelure anymore than the previous members did, since it's not taking anything repeatedly and relies on being healthy to check Chandelure. Empoleon is also a free Sacred Fire for Entei, which I've mostly avoided due to the other members pressuring it not to do so. Getting rid of Zapdos also means getting rid of my only Ground-type immunity for a Pokemon that's weak to Ground, making Ground-types much more of an issue than they should be. While you're correct in that Zapdos isn't going to be dealing with Mamoswine well, it isn't supposed to. Zapdos is there to ensure the team isn't worn down easily by Krookodile / Nidoqueen spamming Ground-STAB. Zapdos was also my only Fighting-type resist that wasn't Slurpuff, so removing it makes the team much weaker to Fighting-types, especially Cobalion. Empoleon doesn't really help with Feraligatr either considering it's got to be healthy to help deal with it and it's also got a lot of other things it tries to check.

I hope you don't take this negatively though, I appreciate the effort you took to rate my team but overall I honestly feel like it wouldn't make the team better but rather worse. P.S: Stuff regarding Zapdos like only Ground-immunity is taking into account that Azelf is a suicide lead so it's not going to contribute to anything defensively.
Hmmm, alright, thanks for being honest haha, I guess your right I didn't think about a lot of that stuff... You have also been in the UU community much longer so you probably know much more than I do haha ;) You brought up many things that I didnt even think of, so I definetly take back my switches, as I was a little short on time while making this, but I had the ideas.... Thank you though! =)

Now that I really look over your team, even more than I did, I actually do realize your team by itself is way better than my suggestions, as now I really do realize you were trying not to be stealth rock weak, and coballion takes care of a lot of things Darmanitan can, and defog wasn't really what you needed I guess. I guess I was kind of trying to adress the counters you posted, and in doing that, led to you having even more weaknesses and such. I will take this into account when doing a rate on different teams, thank you so much for being honest and showing why my suggestions made the team worse =) Kreme

Hope the team works out well! I really like it! =)

Ok first of all, I really dislike the idea of suicide leads. I think that using up a whole slot just to get up rocks is pretty dumb considering that defog is everywhere and you have no spin blockers. What I would recommend is to run the life orb set which you also listed or replace Azelf with LO Mamoswine. Mamo easily forces so many switches and can get rocks up without much trouble, it also gives you ice priority which your team really appreciates.

I think you should try experimenting with hp-poison on Sceptile, probably over Eball. This is because Whimsicott can prevent Puff from BD'ing and sweeping pretty easily. It's up to you really since Leaf Storm still does a big chunk to Whims anyways.

I would definitely suggest timid on Sceptile otherwise Chandy would give you whole team trouble bar Gatr. Tying with Bee is also nice since Dragon Pulse has a 1/3 chance to kill after rocks. Also lets you nuke Bat and Aero before it megas. Another small thing that it beats is +1 Jolly Gatr, but I don't know how common that is.

I would also recommend Ebelt on Zapdos. Rocks weakness and LO really takes a toll and you can bluff choice with it.

Last edited:

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Alternatively, you could opt for something like SD Rocks or Taunt Rocks on Cobalion (likely not getting ohkod regardless) and run something to ease the pretty relevant issues you have versus either Aerodactyl or Entei (amazing neither made it onto the threat list). Since it's an offensive team, there aren't too many options to band-aid them both in one slot but the obvious one for Aero is Doublade as it both spin blocks and adds extra priority. In the same vein, Chandelure comes to mind for Entei by doing the same jobs. If you want to get a little more technical, something like Tyrantrum could fit to soft check aero, and sort of punish Entei (burns suck). Maybe like a Lum RP set could be another cleaner in matchups not so favorable to puff. Other options for checking both Entei and Aero lead you to Rhyperior (rocker there perhaps) or something much more defensively minded like Swampert. You also have a tremendous issue versus opposing Sceptile which pretty much 6-0s you at team preview but there's not too much you can do without ripping up the team. Seriously though, your Sceptile counter is hoping they aren't Timid or don't have anything that stops Slurpuff once its set up.

Reactions: nv
Yeah I've got nothing that isn't purely based on my own personal preference.

Solid team.

Edit: As cobal reliant as this team is gen 5 hipster hp water zapdos may be preferable to hp grass here vs non ladder players, hitting bulky oventom, and Nidoqueen, and gligar feels like a much bigger deal than than smacking up pert or dragons on this team.

Last edited:
Since you post something on all the RMTs I post, it's only fair p I post something here right?

I thinking testing Choice Band Heracross over Feraligatr may be worth your time, you already have reliable things to take fairy and flying attacks so resistivity isn't an issue. Also by this replacement you don't have to set up anything to set up in order to do what the Mongolians did to the Great Wall of China.

Edit: I haven't tested it out myself, mostly because I'm a bad battler

Yeah I've got nothing that isn't purely based on my own personal preference.

Solid team.

Edit: As cobal reliant as this team is gen 5 hipster hp water zapdos may be preferable to hp grass here vs non ladder players, hitting bulky oventom, and Nidoqueen, and gligar feels like a much bigger deal than than smacking up pert or dragons on this team.
HP ice tbf, which I think your team will really appreciate, hitting all those grounds and dragons and just losing the 4x on pert that isnt really a problem for your team.

More experienced ppl have stated the matchup problems your team have, but besides that it looks real nice. Lets see how it fairs in this new meta.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)