1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Seismitoad (offensive)

Discussion in 'Locked / Outdated Analyses' started by Neliel, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Neliel

Neliel Sacred Sword

So i've tried it a lot and i think it deserves an analisis so here i am

[​IMG]

[SET]
    name: Offensive
    move 1: Hydro Pump
    move 2: Earth Power
    move 3: Hidden Power Bug / Hidden Power Ice
    move 4: Stealth rock
    item: Life orb
    ability: Water Absorb
    nature: Timid
    evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
    Find its niche in offensive rain teams
    Its fast enough to outspeed the majority of the support mon, tough its not difficult to outspeed
    It hits quite hard thanks to rain, with earth power it also 2kos stuff like tentacruel or jirachi
    The choice between hp bug or ice depends on you, hp bug lures in celebi 2koing it, while hp ice outspeeds and kill dragonite
    It beats eletric types which are troublesome for rain teams while maintaining momentum
    Stealth rock are easy to setup thanks to the excellent typing

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

Basically everything that appreciate celebi gone is a good teammate. Also, gyarados appreciate its support because it can switch in on rotom-w easily and mantain offensive presence.
    Grass types like ferrothorn can beat it fairly easily
    Easily revenge killed by anything faster with a good attack
    Focus blast its usable as well to 2ko ferrothorn and hit rotom-w harder
    Scald to burn stuff like ferrothorn

This is my first analisis so tell me if i did something wrong. If you want i can provide logs of this thing doing work.
  2. BKC

BKC
    is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis Smogon Frontier's Castle Valetis a Past WCoP Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 16 Champion

scald deserves a slash with hydro pump because burning ferrothorn is always useful for offensive rain.

set looks cool i'll try it
  3. jc104

jc104 Humblest person ever
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Yeah I agree this does look cool.

I reckon you could add Focus Blast and Sludge Wave to AC. Focus Blast does good damage to Ferrothorn, and a couple of other things, while Sludge Wave hits Celebi while not using your Hidden Power (although you don't have enough moveslots, that's why it's AC)
  4. Neliel

Neliel Sacred Sword

ok so, ill slash scald in, even though im not sure if the loss in power its worth it, ill also wait someone else for that.

sludge wave does very pitiful damage to celebi:
    252 SpA Life Orb Seismitoad Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 236+ SpD Celebi: 148-177 (36.63 - 43.81%) -- 99.56% chance to 3HKO

but it can come in handy to win the 1 vs 1 against breloom, doing:
    252 SpA Life Orb Seismitoad Sludge Wave vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Breloom: 307-361 (117.17 - 137.78%) -- guaranteed OHKO

however hp ice has 50% to ko after sr and hpump does like the same, so i dont know if its really that usable. Focus blast its good to 2ko ferrothorn and rotom-w so ill add it.
  5. jc104

jc104 Humblest person ever
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Wow that is pathetic. Fair enough.
  6. BKC

BKC
    is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis Smogon Frontier's Castle Valetis a Past WCoP Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 16 Champion

qc approved 1/3
  7. Dice

Dice what's a god to a nonbeliever
    is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis Smogon Frontier's Arcade Star

qc approved 2/2

cool set i dig
  8. ginganinja

ginganinja Dating Haunter
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

IS SOMEONE WRITING THIS UP????
  9. Jukain

Jukain fuck redew
    is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

Yeah Neliel quit, so this will need a new writer.
  10. Alfalfa

Alfalfa Banned deucer.

Can I write it?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)