1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Post all suggestions for Pokemon Showdown in this thread. Do NOT post them in the Suggestion Box!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Separating Tournaments

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by Methmite, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Methmite

Methmite

My idea is basically that we create a sub forum for Tournaments in the sign-up phase. Not only will it decrease clutter in the tournament forum, which is frequently updated due to the nature of the forum, but it will give players who are looking to join a tournament a funnel to find one that interests them in the sign up section. Additionally It'll allow for people who are in/following a certain tournament to not have to search for it in the forum much easier.

I mean its not a huge change but I think it'd make it a bit easier to navigate that part of the site.
  2. ENZ0

ENZ0
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

to be honest, I feel the tournaments forum is one of the most organized forums on smogon. all the tournaments you want to participate in or comment about are on the first page, since every unneeded thread is promptly closed by the creator or a moderator. worms also takes care of the tournament listing thread, which shows you upcoming, running, and finished tournaments.

in short, tournaments are very accessible and creating a new subforum would just try to separate something that is already simple, and even create some nuisances.

intentions are great though.

edit: the tag (prefix) ideas do seem nice though.
  3. Foster

Foster

Yea coming from someone who frequently visits the tournaments forum, finding signup threads aren't a problem. At most, there are two tournaments taking signups at the same time, and they almost always have unread posts in them, meaning they will appear near the top of all the threads.

Agreeing with ENZ0's thoughts as well.
  4. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Could always look at having sign-up threads be stickied and removing stuff like Smogon Tournament rounds from the sticky area (it's always going to be on the front page being such a large tournament and I don't really think it needs to be highlighted). And maybe merging the Tournament Listings with the Major Tournament Schedule announcement if you want to reduce the amount of stickies to make room for sign-ups.

Just a way of highlighting signups without splitting the forum.
  5. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence is a three-dimensional retard.
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

not really needed to seperate the signup threads from everything else. Maybe a (Sign-Ups), but otherwise, it seems fine, no need to fix what isnt broken.
  6. Delta 2777

Delta 2777 Machampion
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion

I actually like this idea. Or a tag would be cool such as [Sign-Ups] and [Official] like Lady Salamence said.

But I mean hey it's not a big deal
  7. symphonyx64

symphonyx64 Private messages are the best way to reach me
    is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

You have something called control+f (command +f for apple users), do a search for "sign" and problem solved. Its not often, if at all, that signups for a tournament ends up on page two. Thats just me!

I'm always open for making things more visually appealing though.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)