Shedinja

I wish Shedinja learned Rapid Spin.

Also, I agree with Alphatron. Shedinja is actually best used, imo, on a rain stall team. Sun stall can't sacrifice the slot that Shedinja would take up.

has anyone found any use for this guy outside of rainstall? i can imagine it playing some great mind games on other pokemon. most reinclus run psychic/focus blast dont they which would make shedinja a viable counter for that. and check a few other threats as well. would be interested to know what you guys do with it.

No. That set is just terrible. And for a few good reasons:
-Sandstorm kills Shedinja after 1 turn that it's been out.
-Life Gamble takes only 1 HP from the opponent when Shedinja uses it
-Double Edge and Life Orb recoil kill Shedinja as well.
-Rest and Substitute are useless on Shedinja. So is Troll
-Bold is a bad nature on Shedinja; it's pointless to take advantage of defenses if it's got only 1 HP. Adamant is the way to go.
-It's pointless to invest in HP or defenses if Shedinja has only 1 of it. The only places where EVs can be put viably on Shedinja is on Attack and Speed.
lmao

Life gamble shedinja could be a threat in the troll tier. Max hp and spa evs with life gamble double edge sandstorm and filler. Probably only outclassed by specs wobbufett

I wish Shedinja learned Rapid Spin.

Also, I agree with Alphatron. Shedinja is actually best used, imo, on a rain stall team. Sun stall can't sacrifice the slot that Shedinja would take up.
This makes no sense. Shedinja dies to all entry hazards, making Rapid Spin useless.

Unless you were leech seeded by something faster than you.

:/

it had many nerfs this gen
with nattorei and erufuuns leech seed
to more sandstorm abusers
not to mention willowisp and toxic got new users(baloongel)
and stealth rocks+spikes were always an issue

somedays, i wish this dude could learn Momento.

that way if someone brings out a Hippowdon or uses leech seed on him you can troll them on the same turn. plus it would have made him boss in doubles.

grey version, perhaps?

I wonder: how useful is it to Pass a Substitute to Shedinja?

Also, what's a good way to protect him from Sandstorm/Hail?

Perhaps, in doubles, he could be paired with a Cloud Nine Lickilicky or something.

The problem with a Zoruark illusion is that it involves running Shedinja.
I see that now, since this means Shedy isn't your lead you'd need a spinner incase the opposing lead sets some up. An item that prevented hazard effects would be cool (but as of now complete theorymon)

Pre-Evo only moves:
- False Swipe
- Mud Slap
- Metal Claw
- Dig
- Baton Pass [from Ninjask]
- Swords Dance [from Ninjask]
I have Pokemon Black - US Edition. I leveled a Nincada to level 25, taught Ninjask Sword Dance, and Shedinja DID NOT learn Sword Dance... :(

I have Pokemon Black - US Edition. I leveled a Nincada to level 25, taught Ninjask Sword Dance, and Shedinja DID NOT learn Sword Dance... :(
Oh yeah, it's probably been mentioned once or twice in this thread, but ninjask move-passing to Shedinja doesn't work in 5th gen anymore.

I don't see how claw sharpen is useful besides increasing the accuracy of will-o-wisp, or against brightpowder/sandveil/snowcloak users.

As for baton passing, i'd rather try to pass +2 attack rather than +1 attack and +1 accuracy, but that's just me.

So I just hacked a Sturdinja and guys, it's a fucking beast. It never dies (literally) and just needs some lum berry support. :trollface:

I don't see how claw sharpen is useful besides increasing the accuracy of will-o-wisp, or against brightpowder/sandveil/snowcloak users.

As for baton passing, i'd rather try to pass +2 attack rather than +1 attack and +1 accuracy, but that's just me.
You can't pass +2 attack.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
I heard the RU tier is making some good use of this guy. Good to know he seems to have finally found his place.

Me? I'm still using him on my swift swim rain team on the PO ladder. Rapid spin kabutops is like excadrill. Any spin blocker that would dare to wall it can't actually risk taking a hit from anything he does, be it double boosted waterfall or +2 stone edge. I'd be using this on the smogon server but finding a spinner to replace the almighty kabutops is impossible. As I was posting this, I realized that Starmie could be a good choice, so I guess I'll try that in the distant future.

I am also THIS close to using him on my sun team as a no skill easy answer to SubCM and CMRoar Latias. THIS close I tell you.

Yeah. I did the same in my White version recently. I'm pretty pissed about that change in the game mechanics. For some stupid reason, the all-capital lettered names of imported 4th gen Pokemon highly annoy me when compared to the mostly lower-case lettered ones of the 5th gen. I guess I can just be too much of a perfectionest. Anywho, the whole Shedinja mechanics suck now, as I said before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)