Intimidate, Flash Fire

Churi

28 HP
10 EN
3/3/2/3/52
-10% Evasion
+4 Attack (Decaying)
Burned

And thanks to the huge stats boosts, Churi manages to score another KO!

Saleem manages to get a confortable lead on Shiny's first match. Will he select Magesh for the type advantage? Or try a fair match up with Akbar?

Action 1

Reversal - 7 energy
(10)*2,25 = 22,5 damage

Action 2

Morning Sun - 15 energy
+25 HP

Facade - 8 energy
To crit (7261) - No
(14 + 3) +8 = 25 damage

Action 3

Facade2
25 damage

Both mons fainted!

Stealth Rock

Flannery

KO HP
KO EN
3/1/3/2/69
+11% Accuracy
Intimidate, Flash Fire

Churi

KO HP
KO EN
3/3/2/3/52
-10% Evasion
+4 Attack (Decaying)
Burned

Shiny Fairymon sends out Erika (Doesnt have to post)

Saleem S sends out one of his remaining mons, but does not order
Shiny Fairymon orders

Matezoide
Churi goes second on action 3 so sunny day is up?
also i order first?

sending out Magesh with Exp Share
i have something in mind to try out

Brighten Command
Hone Claws
Dynamic Punch

If you are asleep, use Sleep Talk(Ember, Fire Fang, Fire Punch, Fire Blast)
If paralysis inducing move, use Focus Punch.

Erika glared at her trainer for overestimating the amount of damage reversal would do. Now, instead of empowering Flannery, sunny day was going to disadvantage her. Still, at least there was some way in which it could help her- Sunny day always helped growth- although she still did not like the odds she was facing. "Erika. Use growth, then use your hidden power, then Protect from the dynamic punch!" Erika nodded as she followed the orders.

Growth~Hidden Power (Rock)~Protect

Stealth Rock

Sunny Day (3 Rounds)

Erika

90 HP
100 EN
1/2/4/3/45
Overgrow

Magesh

90 HP
100 EN
3/1/2/2/65
Blaze

Action 1

Holy crap someone used Brighten - 5 energy

Growth - 8 energy

Action 2

Hone Claws - 6 energy

Hidden Power - 4 energy
To crit (991) - No
(6 + 3)*1,5 + 4 = 17,5 damage

Action 3

Dynamic Punch - 8 energy

Protect! - 10,8 energy

Stealth Rock

Sunny Day (2 Rounds)

Erika

78 HP
73 EN
1/2/4/3/45
Overgrow
+1 Attack (Decaying)
+1 Sp.Attack (Decaying)

Magesh

72 HP
81 EN
3/1/2/2/65
Blaze
Brighten (4 Actions)
+1 Attack (1 Round)
+1 Accuracy (1 Round)

Shiny Fairymon

Erika winced as she heard the crash of her opponent's fist against the barrier she had constructed. It held firm against the powerful attack, leaving Erika relieved. Protect, however, was an exhausting move, and Erika knew she couldn't keep it up throughout the battle- and she hoped either she or her trainer could think up a plan soon. "Erika! Keep going defensive! Dodge and protect against the attacks, and attack if you get an opening!"

Dodge~Protect~Dodge
IF Magesh uses dragon dance, endure, double team, substitute, hone claws, or chill on one of these turns, THEN use Hidden Power Rock on that turn instead.

Edit: A user commented on my profile and told me that I can't blanket these all together in one sub, and that I can only blanket moves of the same category. So I'll try breaking up my subs to fit that- some of them fit self-targeted stat-enhancing moves, so I think I could blanket those. I'm not changing the command so much as rewriting it to fit the rules I was alerted to by this helpful user.
IF Magesh uses dragon dance, double team, hone claws, or chill on one of these turns, THEN use Hidden Power Rock on that turn instead.
IF Magesh uses endure on one of these turns, THEN use Hidden Power Rock on that turn instead.
IF Magesh uses substitute on one of these turns, THEN use Hidden Power Rock on that turn instead.

Last edited:
Erika gets a 36% chance to dodge an attack
Magesh as +1 accuracy from hone claws and +1 accuracy from brighten = 167% accuracy
dynamic punch should be able to hit
i call your bluff Shiny Fairymon

Dynamic Punch
Hone Claws
Focus Punch

also your second and third substitution are good
i don't know about the first one
my suggestion would be to try offensive moves and use substitution for defensive moves

Oh... to be honest, it wasn't so much a bluff as it was me being stupid again. First I use feather dance on a pokemon that had defiant (with the ability defiant being explicitly referred to on its profile), then I use sunny day when I know my fire 'mon is weak and that all I have left is a grass 'mon, and then I forget to double-check what the percentage of dodge chance is (especially considering my opponent had used hone claws for plus accuracy), without also realizing that brighten increased accuracy.
So basically, I've just made a bunch of noobish mistakes throughout my first battle, and have proven myself to be a total scrub. After this is done, I think I might need to take a step back and study battles done by experts to get a better idea of proper ASB battling before trying again.

Stealth Rock

Sunny Day (2 Rounds)

Erika

78 HP
73 EN
1/2/4/3/45
Overgrow
+1 Attack (Decaying)
+1 Sp.Attack (Decaying)

Magesh

72 HP
81 EN
3/1/2/2/65
Blaze
Brighten (4 Actions)
+1 Attack (1 Round)
+1 Accuracy (1 Round)

Erika attempts to Dodge, but as it used Protect last action, her movement fails entirely, getting Dynamic Punched in the face!

The Bulbassaur then tries to set up a Protect, but hits itself in the confusion instead, snapping out of it, while Magesh Hones his Claws for even more accuracy!

As the Bulbassaur prepares it's Dodge, Charmander's buttload of extra Acc secures a hit with his Focus Punch!

Action 1

Dodge....fail

Dynamic Punch - 12 energy
To crit (2884) - No
Confusion: 1/3 - 2 Actions
(10 + 1,5)*0,67 + 2 = 9,705 damage

Action 2

Erika attempts to use Protect..
To hitself (1-5000=Yes) - 2981 - Yes
(4 - 1,5) = 2,5 damag

Erika snapped out of it!

Hone Claws - 6 energy
Saleem keeps locking his stat boosts!

Action 3

Dodge - 5 energy

Focus Punch - 8 energy
To crit (2991) - No
(15 + 1,5)*0,67 + 4 = 15,055 damage

Stealth Rock

Sunny Day (2 Rounds)

Erika

51 HP
64 EN
1/2/4/3/45
Overgrow
+1 Attack (Decaying)
+1 Sp.Attack (Decaying)

Magesh

72 HP
56 EN
3/1/2/2/65
Blaze
Brighten (1 Action)
+2 Attack (1 Round)
+2 Accuracy (1 Round)

Saleem S

fire punch
fire fang
fire punch

if protective/evasive use chill first time, hone claws second time
if asleep use sleep talk(fire punch, fire fang, fire blast, facade)

Shiny Fairymon was at a loss. She was able to come up with no plans for how to win this situation. Everything about her decisions this match had emphasized just how much more she needed to study before trying again. "Erika," she began, "do you think we should just give up?" "Bulba!" Erika cried as she readied a hidden power rock. Shiny Fairymon bit her lip worriedly- Erika was certainly stubborn, and this was a situation in which it was probably going to cost her.

Hidden power rock~Hidden power rock~Hidden power rock

Stealth Rock

Sunny Day (2 Rounds)

Erika

51 HP
64 EN
1/2/4/3/45
Overgrow
+1 Attack (Decaying)
+1 Sp.Attack (Decaying)

Magesh

72 HP
56 EN
3/1/2/2/65
Blaze
Brighten (1 Action)
+2 Attack (1 Round)
+2 Accuracy (1 Round)

As bad as the situation is, Erika decides to stand her ground against the threat of Magesh. Leading the round with it's incridible speed, the Charmander lands a powerful Fire Punch directly into his opponent's face, knocking her into a wall! The Bulbassaur responds with a Hidden Power Rock, but it is ultimately futile as Magesh's Fire Fang lands a directly hit, finishing the Bulbassaur off!

Action 1

Fire Punch
(8 + 3 + 3 + 1,5)*1,5 + 4 = 27,25 damag

Hidden Power - 4 energy
To crit (991) - No
(6 + 3)*1,5 + 4 = 17,5 damage

Action 2

Fire Fang
(7 + 3 + 3 + 1,5)*1,5 + 4 = 25,75 damage

Erika fainted!

Stealth Rock

Sunny Day (2 Rounds)

Erika

KO HP
KO EN
1/2/4/3/45
Overgrow
+1 Attack (Decaying)
+1 Sp.Attack (Decaying)

Magesh

54 HP
48 EN
3/1/2/2/65
Blaze
Brighten (1 Action)
+2 Attack (1 Round)
+2 Accuracy (1 Round)

gg you two.

Saleem S: 2 CC
Charmander: 3 MC, 1 AC, 1 EC and 1 KOC
Pawniard: 3 MC, 1 AC, 1 EC and 2 KOC
Karrablast: 2 MC, 1 AC and 1 EC

Shiny Fairymon : 2 CC
Swablu: 2 MC, 1 AC and 1 EC
Growlithe: 2 MC, 1 AC, 1 EC and 1 KOC
Bulbassaur: 2 MC, 1 AC and 1 EC

Matezoide: 10 UC

Haha! Thanks for the humor at the end there. So far the people here seem really nice. Anyway, gg Saleem, and I guess this was good practice for me. Sure I made a lot of newbie-ish mistakes, but I'm pretty sure I'll learn from them and avoid making the same mistakes in my future battles.
Anyway, thanks for the experience I guess, and until next time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)