Shoddy Battle Gym League, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
man I am going up against Zerowing for the spot on the dark gym. Can I just pick my position now for when I get raped? JJ I'll still try.

This is going to sound really dumb but its late and my brain isn't working properly ...

When people are challenging the Elite 4 they are going to have to use the appropriate tiered team for each member right e.g. UU for me?

If so I really think it would be an idea to nominate one of the proposed tier guides, Marriland, Serebii, whatever, as the official tier guide for the Shoddy League to avoid a whole load of arguments ...

Perhaps all leaders could vote on what tier guide they think is the best?

This is going to sound really dumb but its late and my brain isn't working properly ...

When people are challenging the Elite 4 they are going to have to use the appropriate tiered team for each member right e.g. UU for me?

If so I really think it would be an idea to nominate one of the proposed tier guides, Marriland, Serebii, whatever, as the official tier guide for the Shoddy League to avoid a whole load of arguments ...

Perhaps all leaders could vote on what tier guide they think is the best?
Yes, you wil have to challenge the Elite 4 with Pokemon no higher than their tiers, though you could go lower (ie, a NU team vs. your UU team).

I also agree that we should decide on a tier guide. I'll try and hunt down the Serebii tier list and compare it to the Marriland list. I think most wil be the same, I'll see which are listed under different tiers.

Whar server are we going to play on? Just wondering
Unless someone has the capability to host their own server full-time, the Official Server.

Could I be counted in on the list for Sandstorm teams? I'll gladly challenge Aero's likely more traditional SS team with my more experimental rendition. (I won't be able to make a challenge tonight unless it's after like, 10PM unfortunately). I have several people who can vouch for my Shoddy teams' efficacy.

Once again, I'll say what I've said multiple times already: There will be a way to challenge a gym leader for their spot after the league is officially established.

The reason am not taking anymore applicants right now is because if I do, the league will never get started as I will have to keep auditioning applicants.

No offense but I really question that tier list your using, some of those really deserve a royal WTF.

Light Ball Pikachu, Glaceon, Cacturne, Linoone in BL.
Torterra, Rampardos in OU.
Poli's and Hypno in UU.

They all strike me as some of the ones worth raising one big eyebrow at. You might want to rethink BL as an actual theme probably melding it with one of the other tiers given it is a faux tier still.

I'm going to keep BL as a theme. However, I'm sorting through both Marriland's and Serebii's tier lsist now to see what the differences are. Funniest thing I've found so far is Manaphy is in Serebii's list as OU, not Uber.

Well basically what I'm suggesting is you might want to create your own list based off current lists basically tweaking some stuff around instead of a 3rd party list from another site considering your hosting the league here. You could always enlist the help of one or two people in sorting as well.

I assume that all pokemon on my team will have to be part-water at least? And not use 1 pokemon to balance out the team, am I right?

Discord, you are correct. And Forsety, that's my plan. I'm going to post my list and get feedback on it as soon as I get through going through these lists.

I wish I was in this, oh well, there's always next time.
Well uhh.. Like MarrilPet has said over and over, you can challenge gym leaders for their titles. Also, the leaders will have people to challenge them, we're not just going to sit around with a cool title. Why don't you wait until the league is set up, and then you can be part of it.

Ok, I have created a tier list for this based off of both Marriland's and Serebii's lists. It's located here. If you disagree with any of my placements, PM me and we'll talk about why it should or shouldn't be in that tier.

I find several things wrong with that list. But I think it is time to start editing it...

I would give a motion that we elect a committee of 4 members who would be charged with the task of creating the tier list. But first... nominations.

Interesting... sure, I'll accept. But I don't think I'm the most experienced guy around. A tier list needs to be selected by true experts...

I think we should just talk right here. I'm open to criticism... and others will more easily catch my mistakes. Again, I'm not familiar with the OU metagame to really say that the following is a good list of changes.

The following go to OU
Cradily
Floatzel
Hitmontop (maybe)
Ludicolo
Porygon2
Scizor
Roserade (maybe)
Tauros

The following go to BL from OU
Alakazam (maybe)
Ambipom (maybe)
Arcanine
Crobat (maybe)
Kadabra
Kingdra
Machamp (maybe)
Slaking
Swellow
Torterra
Wyanut

The following go to BL from UU
Blastoise (maybe)
Kabutops
Shuckle (maybe)

The following go to UU
Cloyster
Linoone
Nidoking (maybe)
Butterfree (maybe)

-----------

I assume we are doing the typical Smogon tier list thing. Ubers are banned from OU play. BL are banned from UU play.

Again... I think you got the wrong man for the job... >_>

I just wanted to point out one quick thing that's probably irrelevant, but after some testing on Shoddy from a few guys regarding some ubers, the only one that was found to not horribly mangle OU play was Deoxys E, the speed version. It could be that it was played wrong, but it has none to good attack stats, and if you use anything but Focus Sash you die in one hit from pretty much anything, even a NVE one. Just in case moving ubers around ever becomes an issue.
Also, if we try to pick out a tier list here it'll just devolve into a tier discussion, so I recommend that it's done on a case by case basis, ie gym leaders submit teams to marrilpet who decides if each pokemon is in the required tier.

I think it would be better to keep tier discussion to PMs so it doesn't turn into a tier discussion thread, which will be locked. I'm working on my list to send to MarrilPet. Dragontamer, try to give reason as to why you think a certain Pokemon should be in a different tier. At least that way it can be discussed a little easier.

@majesty: I'll judge... You automatically lose because your mother smells like low tide at the pier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)