Shooting for Perfect IVs? This Chart might Help.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Heh, I was wondering how it got 3 pages in the few minutes between reading this forum the first time and now.

Oh thank god for people who are good at math ;_; I wouldn't be able to breed without them.
Can breed with them, can't breed without them...

so I got a question.

I'm breeding shuckle,and I have a sassy shuckle,and I want to see if it has perfect defense. Would I count it as neutral nature,and for sp.def,+ Nature?

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yes, you would take the stat as it is for Defense, and multiply the stat by 1.1 rounded down for Special Defense.

However, note that if you have no EVs in Special Defense, the difference between 31 IVs in Special Defense and 0 IVs in Special Defense is about 6.2%, and this only gets smaller if you add EVs. This is roughly the equivalent drop in total special defensive ability of a 31 HP IV vs. a 16 HP IV (assuming you max Shuckle's HP EVs, which you always should), and those HP EVs also benefit defensive ability. What I'm saying is that on Shuckle, HP IVs are massively more important than Defense IVs.

Yes, you would take the stat as it is for Defense, and multiply the stat by 1.1 rounded down for Special Defense.

However, note that if you have no EVs in Special Defense, the difference between 31 IVs in Special Defense and 0 IVs in Special Defense is about 6.2%, and this only gets smaller if you add EVs. This is roughly the equivalent drop in total special defensive ability of a 31 HP IV vs. a 16 HP IV (assuming you max Shuckle's HP EVs, which you always should), and those HP EVs also benefit defensive ability. What I'm saying is that on Shuckle, HP IVs are massively more important than Defense IVs.

Of course!If only it had Pain Split...:D
Then it would definitely be an awesome wall,aside from base 20 hp.
So,yeah HP IV and EVs are WAY more important.I'm only breeding for a friend,and keeping a copy for a power room team(power trick+trick room).

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Rather than this being HTMLized, I'd like it more if someone could take this concept and expand it to every breedable Pokemon out there in a Excel Spreadsheet or something =/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)