SiC(K) Round 2! zarator vs. tavok! (reffed by Flamestrike)

Dragonite [Behemoth] (F) @ Expert Belt
HP: 73
Atk: Rank 5
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 5 (+)
SpD: Rank 4
Spe: 69 (-10%)
Energy: 57
Abilities: Inner Focus, Multiscale

Goodra [Mystra] (M) @ Enigma Berry
HP 100
Atk Rank 4
Def Rank 4 (+)
SpA Rank 4
SpD Rank 6
Spe 69 (-10%)
Energy: 80
Abilities: Hydration, Sap Sipper, Gooey

Venusaur [Height] (M)
HP: 8
Atk: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4
Spe: 80
Energy: 6
Abilities: Overgrow, Chlorophyll
-1 Attack
Taunted (1a)

Mega Mawile [Kuchiito] (M) @ Mawilite
HP: 42
Atk: Rank 4 (Rank 9 w/ Huge Power and Mawilite)
Def: Rank 5
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 4 (+)
Spe: 50
Energy: 25
Abilities: Hyper Cutter, Intimidate, Sheer Force, Huge Power
Magnet Rise (3a)

Rain for 1 round

Even with Height barely able to stand, zarator keeps him in to continue the fight against Kuchiito! Admirable tenacity, but will it pay off? Kuchiito, for one, doesn't seem very concerned, as he simply chills! Maybe he thinks Height will take himself out? Then again, maybe he will, as he's clearly preparing a combo! But wait! Height doesn't have the energy required to perform his combo! He stumbles, and then goes to the ground! Height has fainted from energy exhaustion! Suddently zarator finds himself in a very bad spot, with only Mystra the Goodra left to take on a relatively healthy Mega Mawile and Dragonite! As zarator sends out Mystra the Goodra to finish this battle for him, one has to wonder if he can pull this out?

Venusaur [Height] (M)
HP: KO
Energy: KO

Energy: 37
Abilities: Hyper Cutter, Intimidate, Sheer Force, Huge Power
Magnet Rise (2a)
Action 1:
Kuchiito used chill -> +12 energy
Height didn't have enough energy for his combo!
Height fainted from exhaustion!

Height -> -18 energy
Kuchiito -> +12 energy
tavok, you're up!

Knock Off - Play Rough - Play Rough
- IF Acid Armor THEN Chill the first instance, Rain Dance the second, Chill the third, pushing actions back.
- IF Counter THEN Chill the first instance, Stockpile the second and Chill the third, pushing actions back.
- IF Bide, THEN start string of actions Stockpile - Taunt - Play Rough, pushing actions back.

Venusaur [Height] (M)

HP 100
Atk Rank 4
Def Rank 4 (+)
SpA Rank 4
SpD Rank 6
Spe 69 (-10%)
Energy: 80

Energy: 37
Abilities: Hyper Cutter, Intimidate, Sheer Force (ON), Huge Power
Magnet Rise (2a)

As Mystra the Goodra re-enters the battlefield, he immediately uses Acid Armor to melt into the ground and raise his Defense by two stages! Kuchiito seemed to have an attack ready, but upon seeing the Mystra disappear into the ground he instead opts for a chill to recover my precious energy! A solid choice as a physical attack would have missed completely!

Continuing to play defensively, Mystra quickly uses a Protect! The shield is erected just in time too, as Kuchiito dashes in for a Knock Off! The attack was blocked by Protect, allowing Mystra to keep his precious Enigma Berry! That could be useful in the future!

Once again, Mystra melts into the ground with Acid Armor, raising his Defense by two stages, but it's not quite as effective this time as Mystra is still vulnerable to physical attack! However, upon seeing the move Kuchiito again decides not to attack and instead uses Rain Dance! Suddently once again rain is falling in the battlefield! That would seem to be an advantage for tavok's side, but time will tell! zarator managed to avoid a lot of damage that round, and that +4 Defense could go a long way in keeping Mystra alive, but at the same time Mystra has already burned through almost half of his energy and didn't do any damage that round either! zarator still has a long way to go to pull this one off!

HP 100
Atk Rank 4
Def Rank 4 (+)
SpA Rank 4
SpD Rank 6
Spe 69 (-10%)
Energy: 54
+4 Defense

Energy: 32

Rain for 3 rounds
Action 1:
Mystra used Acid Armor -> 7 energy, Mystra's Defense raised by 2 stages, Mystra will dodge all physical attacks this action
Kuchiito used chill -> +12 energy

Action 2:
Mystra used Protect -> 7 energy, all attacks against Mystra this action blocked
Kuchiito used Knock Off -> 10[BAP] + 6[Stat Dif.] - 4[Boost Dif.] = 12 damage blocked by Protect, 7 energy, 4.8 additional energy expended by Protect

Action 3:
Mystra used Acid Armor -> 7 energy, Mystra's Defense raised by 2 stages
Kuchiito used Rain Dance -> 10 energy, Rain for 4 rounds

Mystra -> -25.8, rounded to 26 energy
Kuchiito -> -5 energy
zarator, you're up!

Your time is now!

Thunder - Muddy Water - Fire Blast
If Mawile uses Play Rough (not as part of a combo), replace your respective action with Counter and push your actions back. Do not play this substitution consecutively.
If Mawile uses Pain Split and you don't have a Substitute up and you're not Taunted, replace your respective action with Substitute (15 HP) and push your actions back.
If Mawile uses a damaging Fairy-type combo and you're not Taunted and you do not have a Substitute up, replace your respective action with Substitute (15 HP) and push your actions back.

Wait what, it has been 2 days and DQ is 3 days!
... Or am I out of my mind and this has been for a lot longer? My computer says your post was on monday...

Nah DQ is effectively on 3 days, but I didn't highlight you so I wanted you to be sure you didn't miss it. Or you'd rather have me warn you when you crossed DQ line?

Well, I'd prefer not to be told "DQ warning", since that indicates that you already want to DQ me even though I'm not over DQ yet. Or that's how I get it.

Guard Swap - Knock Off - Ice Punch
- IF you get fully paralysed, THEN push actions back.

Probably going to get this reffed tomorrow or Saturday, but keep in mind that DQ warning actually has a very real purpose in this tournament; the first time someone crosses DQ they get a DQ warning, and the next time they do it they are DQed. Tagging your opponent to remind them about the match is fine but try not to word it as if it's a DQ warning unless they're actually over DQ. Cheers!

Frosty feel free to subref me, real life is kinda a bitch right now so I need to trim down on responsibilities a tad

FROSTYEdit: Gale will subref.

Last edited by a moderator:

Venusaur [Height] (M)

HP 100
Atk Rank 4
Def Rank 4 (+)
SpA Rank 4
SpD Rank 6
Spe 69 (-10%)
Energy: 54
+4 Defense

Energy: 32

Zarator uses Kuchiito's Rain against him, as he orders Mystra to strike Kuchiito with a powerful Thunder attack, expecting to paralyse the masquerading Fairy. But alas, the Fairy god mothers assist Kuchiito and Kuchiito escapes the paralysis chance. The masquerading Fairy, tricks the strong defenses of Mystra away in the hope to avoid a knock out this round.

Mystra wastes no time, in spiraling a gallon of rain boosted brown water from its body, in the hopes to lower Kuchiito's Accuracy atleast. But Kuchiito has his fairy god mothers watching over him, protecting him against all ill effects. Tavok feels that Mystra doesn't deserve to hold the Enigma Berry, while his trainer has made sure that Tavok couldn't order Kuchiito to use a Fairy attack this round. So he orders Kuchiito to knock off Mystra's Berry away from him, and Kuchiito does so in style, but gets covered in the think goo that covers Mystra's body, reducing Kuchiito's natural speed. But neither Tavok, nor Kuchiito are concerned about it anyway.

Zarator's Final attempt to status Kuchiito in some way, is blown off by Kuchiito's fairy god mothers yet again. As Mystra desperately uses Fire blast, while Rain is falling heavily, in order to get the burn on Kuchiito. He is shocked and disappointed to see that Kuchiito isn't burned either. However, Kuchiito lands a super effective blow on Mystra, taking a chunk of its health.

The Audience are eager to see how Zarator would turn this around, or will Tavok seal the battle with Super Effective moves.

HP 57
Atk Rank 4
Def Rank 4 (+)
SpA Rank 4
SpD Rank 6
Spe 69 (-10%)
Energy: 31

HP: 4
Spe: 50 20 (-2 Speed)
Energy: 12
+3 Def

Rain for 2 rounds, Guard Swaps' Effects wear off end of next round.
Action 1:
Mystra used Thunder -> 8 energy, Crit (625): 7089 (no)
11[BAP] + 0[Stat Dif.] = 11 damage, Paralysed(3000): 6476 (No)

Kuchiito used Guard Swap -> 5 energy, Kuchiito swaps defensive boosts with Mystra for 2 Rounds.

Action 2:
Mystra used Muddy Water -> 7 energy,
Hit (8500): 6348 (yes), Crit (625): 69 (Yes), effect chance (3000): 6257(no)
9[BAP] + 3 [Crit] - 0[Stat Dif.] + 3 [Rain] = 15 damage

Kuchiito used Knock Off -> 7 energy,
Crit (625): 248 (Yes), 10[BAP] + 3 [Crit] + 6[Stat Dif.] = 19 damage,
Mystra's Enigma Berry is knocked off!
Mystra's Gooey activates!
Kuchiito's Natural speed drops! (-1 Speed)

Action 3:
Mystra used Fire Blast -> 8 energy,
Hit (8500): 6372 (yes), Crit (625): 5484 (no), effect chance (1000): 5785 (no)
(11[BAP] - 0[Stat Dif.] - 3 [Rain])*1.5[SE] = 12 damage

Kuchiito used Ice Punch -> 8 energy,
Crit (625): 3143 (no), (8[BAP] + 2[Sheer Force] + 6[Stat Dif.])*1.5[SE] = 24 damage,
Kuchiito's Natural speed drops! (-2 Speed)

Kuchiito's Def decays!

Mystra -> -23 Energy; -43 HP
Kuchiito -> -20 Energy; -38 HP
tavok , you're up!

Keeping the formating and flavor style of Flamestrike as a mark of respect to a great trainer.
Also, if there are any errors let me know in IRC if I am available or VM me. Thank you.

Last edited:
I *think* that Guard Swap only exchanges stat drops and boosts? That's what it does ingame, anyway. I don't know if it works differently in ASB.

I *think* that Guard Swap only exchanges stat drops and boosts? That's what it does ingame, anyway. I don't know if it works differently in ASB.
Well the move's description in the NDA was ambiguous and the Ruling was based on IRC discussion.

But IAR clarified that it should only swap boosts and not stats. Since we call them stat boosts in game, I think the NDA is worded accordingly, but it should be worded differently as stats mean pokemon's actual stats in ASB.

I have edited my Reffing for the round, and if you find anything else that is missing let me know through VM.

Last edited:
Sorry about the posting instead of VMing thing, was in a hurry and only payed attention to the calcs and post round stats.

Play Rough - Play Rough - Play Rough
- IF Acid Armor THEN Taunt the first time.
- IF Double Team clones are up when you would move THEN Feint Attack.

EDIT: VMing you for this, but just so Zara knows if he sees this before you post. The stage difference increase in damage should only be 6 instead of 7.5 because of post rank 6 stats stuff, so Goodra should have a little more HP.

Venusaur [Height] (M)

HP 57
Atk Rank 4
Def Rank 4 (+)
SpA Rank 4
SpD Rank 6
Spe 69 (-10%)
Energy: 31

HP: 4
+3 Def

A Quick Round!

Mystra wastes no time in knocking Tavok's Kuchiito out with a economical Bubble. But there are questions as to why Tavok chose not to Sucker Punch and sub for Acid Armor and Double Team? May be he decided that Behemoth the Dragonite would be much better facing off against Mystra the Goodra with no Defense boosts and no Double team clones up with a little less energy than with a lesser HP.

Will Tavok's calculations succeed? Or will we see a massive comeback from Zarator next round.
Stay tuned folks! As Zarator would order first next round against a dragonite, not something we would like to do ourselves if given a choice.

HP 57
Atk Rank 4
Def Rank 4 (+)
SpA Rank 4
SpD Rank 6
Spe 69 (-10%)
Energy: 28

HP: -6

Rain for 1 round.
Action 1:
Mystra used Bubble -> 3 energy, Crit (625): 304 (yes)
4[BAP] + 3[Crit] + 0[Stat Dif.] + 3 [Rain] = 10 damage.

Kuchiito faints!

Mystra -> -3 Energy;
Kuchiito -> -10 HP
Tavok sends out automatically, Zarator Orders!

Keeping the formating and flavor style of Flamestrike as a mark of respect.

Ice Beam - Dragon Pulse - Ice Beam
If Dragonite uses Dragon Tail, replace your respective action with Acid Armor and push your actions back. Do not use this substitution more than once.
If Dragonite has Double Team clones when you would act, replace your respective action with Blizzard and push your actions back.

Dragon Claw - Draco Meteor - Dragon Claw
- IF you are frozen THEN push actions back.

Well, this should be it, assuming no freeze. GG Zarator, I hope we can repeat this :)

HP: -6

Venusaur [Height] (M)

HP 57
Atk Rank 4
Def Rank 4 (+)
SpA Rank 4
SpD Rank 6
Spe 69 (-10%)
Energy: 28

The Dragons' Lair!

Both Mystra and Behemoth are similar in a few ways and different in a few ways. Both dragons were trying to defend the honor of their present trainers. Whoever succeeds, would do so not only based on their skill, but also their fortune.

Behemoth the Dragonite, wastes no time in attacking the opposing dragon with a swift by powerful Dragon Claw. Whereas, Zarator eyes the weakness in the opposing dragon and commands his Goodra to use an Ice beam against it, which is Super Duper effective.

Tavok's Dragonite who is now slower due to the think goo that covers Mystra's body, prepares a powerful Meteor Strike against Goodra. While, Mystra the Goodra shoots out a shockwave of primal energy from its mouth at Dragonite which makes a powerful hit. Dragonite is shaken, but it does not lose focus and roars at the sky, summoning a storm of meteors to strike the Gooey Dragon hard enough, to bring it down to a one hit kill zone.

Mystra who is now faster than Behemoth, knowing that its end is near, lets out a powerful Ice Beam by opening its mouth wide and unleashing the bright azure beam, which strikes Behemoth Critically, and takes a chunk out of its health, but doesn't manage to freeze the flying dragon, who then comes closer to deliver the final blow in the form of a focused primal energy from its claws and swipes at Goodra, bringing this epic battle to an end.

The Crowd is stunned by the power of these two dragons and it slowly dawns on them as the rainfall stops, that Tavok has done it. They start to applaud and cheer for Behemoth and Tavok who have managed to win this close encounter against an equally powerful trainer and pokemon.

HP -2
Atk Rank 4
Def Rank 4 (+)
SpA Rank 4
SpD Rank 6
Spe 69 (-10%)
Energy: 8

HP: 8
Energy: 38

Action 1:

Turn Order: Dragonite, Goodra

Behemoth uses Dragon Claw => 5 energy, Crit (625): 7066 (no)
(8[BAP] + 3[STAB] + 1.5[Stat Dif.])*1.5[SE] = 18.75 damage.
Behemoth's Natural speed drops! (-1 Speed)

Mystra uses Ice Beam => 7 energy, Crit (625): 9749 (no)
(9[BAP] + 0[Stat Dif.])*2.25[SDE] = 20.25 damage.
Effect Chance (1000): 3425 (no)

Action 2:

Turn Order: Goodra, Dragonite

Mystra uses Dragon Pulse => 6 energy, Crit (625): 5568 (no)
(9[BAP] + 3[STAB] + 0[Stat Dif.])*1.5[SE] = 18 damage.

Behemoth uses Draco Meteor => 9 energy, Crit (625): 1300 (no)
(13[BAP] + 3[STAB] - 1.5[Stat Dif.])*1.5[SE] = 21.75 damage.
Behemoth's Special Attack Drops Harshly! (-2 SpA)

Action 3:

Turn Order: Goodra, Dragonite

Mystra uses Ice Beam => 7 energy, Crit (625): 250 (no)
(9[BAP] + 3[Crit] + 0[Stat Dif.])*2.25[SDE] = 27 damage.
Effect Chance (1000): 9424 (no)

Behemoth uses Dragon Claw => 5 energy, Crit (625): 7178 (no)
(8[BAP] + 3[STAB] + 1.5[Stat Dif.])*1.5[SE] = 18.75 damage.

Mystra -> -20 Energy, -59.25~ -59 HP;
Kuchiito -> -19 Energy, -65.25~ -65 HP;
Tavok wins the battle, Gets 5 UC and 2 CC

Zarator gets 2 CC

Flamestrike gets 4 UC
Gale Wing Srock gets 2 UC

The pokemon will get their rewards at the end of the round.

Keeping the formating and flavor style of Flamestrike as a mark of respect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)